How Come I Never Knew?

Socks and Fate

Chanyeol was constantly checking on his phone and wristwatch.

 

It’s 11:30 A.M.

 

Baekhyun.

Are you always this late?

 

Uuhhh. You do realize that lunch is at 12:00, and not 11:00, right?

 

Whatever. I think I’m gonna have a heart attack if he doesn’t show up-

 

And Park Chanyeol’s prayer was answered.

There was a knock on his door.

 

Or so he thought his prayers were answered.

 

“I SENT YOU A TEXT MESSAGE AND YET YOU DON’T SHOW UP FOR PRACTICE? I KNOW YOU’RE DUMB BUT NEWS FLASH; YOU ARE ONE OF THE BEST PLAYERS! YOU CAN’T JUST GO AROUND AND SAY, ‘HEY MAYBE I SHOULD SKIP---“

 

Kris’ s monologue was interrupted with gigantic hands covering his own mouth.

 

“Hush. It was a matter of life and death, okay? Geez. Calm your s.”

Chanyeol manages to state an insult before pulling back his own hands from the other latter’s mouth.

 

“Okay fine, I’ll hear you out. But you could have at least sent me a text message that you couldn’t attend practice or something.” Kris sighs in frustration.

 

“I’m going on a date with Baekhyun later.” Chanyeol grins.

 

“U-huh. No.”

Kris says before bursting out in boisterous laughter.

 

---------

 

Baekhyun barges inside Sehun’s room as if he owns the place.

 

“Sehun-ahhh!”

He sees his own bestfriend sitting on his bed, reading some book which Baekhyun thinks is, “Breaking Dawn.”

 

Sehun looks up at him with his usual expressionless face.

“Hyung?”

He barely calls me that.

 

Yes, he’s troubled all right.

 

Sehun blinks as his own bed sinks due to the weight Baekhyun was giving it when he sat down across Sehun.

 

“I texted you yesterday, why didn’t you answer?”

 

“You kind of called me too, Baek.” Sehun returns to his old position, giving his attention back to the book he was reading.

 

Baekhyun sighs and grabs the book from Sehun’s hand.

He looks at his bestfriend’s eyes with full sincerity.

 

“Sehun, I’ve known you for my whole life. And I know it when you’re really worried. What’s bothering you?”

 

But he only received a small sigh from Sehun.

“Sehun, please.”

 

“Okay. Fine.”

Sehun clears his throat before starting to explain.

 

“Remember that blonde guy that hit my face by ‘accident’?”

 

“Ohhhh. That freshman?” This made Sehun smile; he always thought Luhan had always had this impression from people that he was actually a young boy.

 

“He’s not a freshman. He’s a senior.”

 

“WAIT-REALLY?! HE LOOKS YOUNGER THAN ME!” Baekhyun touches his own face, studying his own features.

 

“Yeah.” Sehun answers shortly.

 

“And then? What about him?”

 

“Yeah… We kind of had a history.” Sehun looks away and anywhere.

 

Baekhyun gawked at Sehun with mouth hung up.

What was he suppose to say?

 

“Ummm. So he’s your ex?” Baekhyun asks in confusion.

 

Sehun nods.

“Wow…” Was all Baekhyun could say.

 

Sehun takes his book from Baekhyun’s grip and returns to ‘reading’.

 

“Sehun-ah?” Baekhyun calls out.

 

Sehun hums a small, ‘hhmm?’

 

“How come you never told me?”

 

“Because the guy loved mysteries. He loved it too much that he became one.” Sehun answers without looking at Baekhyun.

 

“What are you trying to say?” Baekhyun scratches his head.

 

“He was a mystery, Baek. I knew with all my heart that he was the one. But then I didn’t know what it was really for him.”

 

“And then one day, he runs off without even telling me anything.” Sehun continues.

 

“WHAT? HOW COME I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THIS HEARTBREAK?! WAIT- HOW COME I NEVER KNEW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE?!” Baekhyun exclaims.

 

“Because you didn’t have to. The last thing I would need is a Baekhyun crying for me just because of my tragic one-sided love.” Sehun smiles as he pats the other latter’s head softly.

 

“What kind of a bestfriend am I? How come I never noticed what you were going through?”

 

“Don’t worry, you’re the best I could ever ask for.”

 

Baekhyun bursts out laughing while rolling on his bestfriend’s bed.

“HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! THAT WAS CHEESY! HAHAHAHHAHAHAH!”

 

Sehun just smiles, shaking his head in amusement as he looks at how the other boy was laughing like a retard.

 

 

 

A few seconds later,  Baekhyun finally catches his own breath.

He wipes his own tears that formed from the corner of his eyes due to too much laughing.

 

“Sehun-ah, I have something important to tell you.” Baekhyun looks at Sehun seriously.

“Yeah? What is it?” Sehun sets his book aside and looks deeply in Baekhyun’s eyes.

 

“I--- I have a date later.”

 

“As long as it’s not with Luhan, then you’re free to go.” Sehun jokes.

 

“No, seriously, Sehun.”

 

“Wait—you’re actually serious?” Sehun muffles his own laughter. He was unsure about this confession.

Baekhyun was perfect, but he never thought that he could actually date and understand what it feels like to love and be loved in return.

 

“Yeah, with Chanyeol.” Baekhyun rubs his nape nervously.

 

I wonder what he’s going to say.

 

“Chanyeol? He’s cool. He’s nice and you have my permission. Just make sure you don’t get yourself pregnant and all.”

 

“Fck you, Oh Sehun.”

 

“Love you too, ugly tard.”

-----

A.N.

“Because the guy loved mysteries. He loved it too much that he became one.”

Indeniably inlove with the quote I just wrote. HEH.

By the way, I ship BaekHun as well so expect more moments from them! :D

I'll be updating soon. :D

-Arniiee :)

*BONUS*

https://31.media.tumblr.com/ec316844564f8a57ec67d8d8be8d1ffc/tumblr_nbkgc5aPbK1tcaadho3_250.gif