First

Socks and Fate

Just like test answers, issues spread fast.

 

It’s been a week since Chanyeol confessed.

 

And it’s been a week since Baekhyun said yes.

 

Yet, everybody knew 1 hour later.

 

-----

 

“So… got laid yet?” Kyungsoo asks his best friend teasingly.

 

“Shut the fck up, Kyungsoo.” Baekhyun laughs as he shakes his head in amusement.

This little . Baekhyun thinks.

 

“But… How’s he like? Was he worth the wait?” Kyungsoo nudges Baekhyun.

 

They are both standing in front of their lockers, Baekhyun rummaging to look for his English book and Kyungsoo just plainly torturing his bestfriend.

 

“Kyungsoo—“

 

“Speaking of that boyfriend of yours, he’s coming. I think I’ll have to leave.” Kyungsoo sprints away, leaving Baekhyun standing in front of his locker.

 

“Hi, Baek.” Chanyeol smiles and leans on the locker beside Baekhyun’s.

 

“Hi there ugly thing.” Baekhyun laughs and closes his locker, looking up at Chanyeol.

 

“Just in case you forgot, you’re dating this ‘ugly thing’.”

 

“I am fully aware of that.” Baekhyun smiles and tiptoes to pinch Chanyeol’s cheeks.

 

“So what do you think of going out this weekend? Jongin’s having this party and everything.”

 

“If that’s how you invite your boyfriend, then okay.”

 

Chanyeol’s cheeks still heats up every time he realizes that Baekhyun is… his.

 

“I gotta go, see you tomorrow.” Baekhyun grins and leaves a peck on Chanyeol’s cheeks.

 

-----

“Hey, Sehun.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Can you do me a favor?”

 

“Anything for you, Baek. You know that.”

 

Baekhyun giggles and hugs Sehun.

 

“Come with me to the party tomorrow.”

 

“Maybe I take it back, maybe not anything.”

 

“Pleaaseee? Luhan will be there.” Baekhyun winks.

 

“Ha-ha. Funny.”

 

“I’ll do your assignments.”

 

“Deal.” Sehun smirks and messes his bestfriend’s hair.

 

----

 

“Should I wear this?” Baekhyun asks Sehun who’s laying on his bed, staring at Baekhyun.

 

Baekhyun looks at his pair of red rubber shoes, fitting jeans that perfectly show his legs’ form and just the perfect hook of his… crotch; topped with a white v-neck shirt covered with a black leather jacket.

 

“If you’re trying to get laid tonight then you should get rid of that jacket.”

 

“Why does everybody keep saying that?” Baekhyun shakes his head and takes his jacket off anyways.

 

“Can we go now, miss drama queen? You look handsome no matter what you wear.” Sehun gave his bestfriend a reassuring smile.

 

“D’aweeee.” Baekhyun says dramatically as he jumps on Sehun, tackling him.

 

“STO--- Baek---“

 

Baekhyun laughs deviously at his bestfriend’s struggle.

 

“BAEEEKKK!” Sehun pushes him away, catching his breath.

 

Baekhyun laughs out loud and flashes a peace sign with his matching dorky grin.

 

-----

 

Baekhyun and Sehun arrive at Jongin’s party.

 

“Woah…” 

 

“This is one big- house.” Sehun comments.

 

 

“Sehun?”

Baekhyun and Sehun turn to look at man with the voice.

 

And look who it is, fcking Luhan.

 

Great.

Sehun thinks and mentally kills himself.

 

“I think…. I’ll have to go and look for Chanyeol.” Baekhyun says and Sehun immediately gives him an ‘I’ll-kill-you-if-you-do-this’ look. But Baekhyun doesn’t mind, he knows what’s best for his best friend of course.

 

Baekhyun runs while laughing like an idiot, he thinks what he did to Sehun was so evil yet so fun.

 

He was too amused that he bumps on someone.

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” Baekhyun bows respectfully and repeatedly.

 

“It’s ok—Baek?”

 

Baekhyun looks at the person and smiles widely.

 

She’s wearing black leggings, her beautiful legs forming perfectly, paired by white rubber shoes and topped with a white loose blouse; the sense of fashion just like Baekhyun’s.

 

One thing why Baekhyun fell for Taeyeon was that they always had a sense of fashion that were… the same and made for each other.

 

But of course, that was before.

 

“Hey Tae.” He greets and hugs her, Taeyeon hugs back immediately.

 

“I’m not too surprised you’re here.” Taeyeon smiles.

 

“Are you indirectly saying I’m a party guy?” Baekhyun jokes and crosses his arms.

 

“I’m nooootttt. I’m just saying that you know, it’s Jongin’s party and you’re good friends with him.”

 

“Sounds better.” He messes her hair with a wide smile.

 

 

“I heard… you’re dating Chanyeol.” Taeyeon’s aura suddenly changes to a serious one as she speaks.

 

“Ummm. Yeah.” Baekhyun nods.

 

“Why are you doing this to me, Baek?” Taeyeon looks at Baekhyun, and her eyes speak so much words but mean one thing: hurt.

 

And for a moment, it felt like the music was gone and everybody else in the party was not there. Just the two of them.

 

“Tae, you know—“

 

“I know what? How about you, Baek? Do you know? Do you know what I feel? Of course you do.” Taeyeon laughs bitterly.

 

“Taeyeon please, not here.”

 

“You know what I feel about you, Baek. I’ve always wanted you, I always will.”

 

“Taeyeon—“

 

“Stop talking.”

 

Taeyeon pulls Baekhyun by his shirt, crashing their lips together.

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what to do, he knows that this is not right- but he admits that he doesn’t want it to stop.

 

At least .99%, he doesn’t want it to stop.

 

Was he supposed to kiss back?

 

But what really stopped his thoughts was a soda dropping on the ground.

 

Baekhyun pulls away immediately.

 

Chanyeol was there, standing in front of them.

Mouth hung open and a hand that’s now empty since he dropped his soda.

 

“Chanyeol..”

 

Chanyeol shakes his head in disbelief.

 

“Chanyeol, it’s not what you think—“

 

Baekhyun takes a step towards Chanyeol, but Chanyeol takes a step backward.

 

“Please, let me explain.”

 

And Chanyeol calmly says, “Okay, let’s talk inside.”

 

------

 

“Sehun.”

 

“Hmmm?”

 

“I think we’re damned.”

 

“What? Why?” Sehun whispers while catching his breath.

 

“I don’t think this should have happened.”

 

“Oh .”

 

----

 

A.N.

 I PROOFREAD THIS SO YEAH.

 

I PROMISE TO PROOFREAD EVERY UPDATE FROM NOW ON.

 

A huge thanks to the new subscribers and the commenters! :) I sarang you all.

 

-Arniiee :)