Text Messages and Cheese

Socks and Fate

Chanyeol slaps himself. Literally. In front of Baekhyun.

He sighs as he mutters an English cuss. "."

Baekhyun was blinking and gulping hard. He was nervous.

What if he kisses me--

You're too assuming.

No, what if he really does kiss me-

"What did you say, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun clears his throat.

"I'm sorry, I just blew this whole thing." Chanyeol sighs heavily.

"This what?" Baekhyun's smile climbed up to his entire face.

"This thing... You know, the 'I wanna get to know you and I'm interested in you' thing." Chanyeol explains.

WHAT-

DID HE JUST REALLY SAY THAT-

SHOOT ME NOW. PLEASE.

"Oh...." Baekhyun states, he didn't know how to continue the conversation anymore;  but his insides were already gone and is already in heaven.

And like it was on cue, Baekhyun's phone rang.

"Excuse me for awhile, Chanyeol. I'll just answer this. " Chanyeol nods. 

---

"What do you want, Kyungsoo?"

"Jongin just asked me out, what do I do?!"

"REALLY?!" Baekhyun covers his mouth after screaming, noticing that the people were already looking at him like he was some crazy person, including Chanyeol who was sitting in their table.

Baekhyun clears his throat and continues, this time, he whisper-talks to Kyungsoo. 

"Wooaahh! Say yes!"

"But I don't know--"
 

"Give him a chance. Now, can I hang up? I'm busy." Baekhyun sighs dramatically on the phone.

"Fine. But if ever I die, I'm gonna blame you and then hunt you first." Baekhyun can almost feel Kyungsoo's scary stare from the other line.

Baekhyun laughs. He thinks his bestfriend is adorable.
"Whatever you say, Kyungsoo. Bye and Good Luck!" And with that, he hangs up.

 

"What was that about?" Chanyeol asks curiously.

"Oh, just that my bestfriend's asking me if he should go on a date with some guy who likes him." Baekhyun straightly answers.

"Should I tell your bestfriends that they should say yes if you ask them if you should go out with me again?" Chanyeol grins up to his ears, his blushing face clear to anyone's vision by now.

Baekhyun chokes on his own drink. "Pardon?"

Chanyeol laughs playfully and fixes his black hair. "You should get your ears checked, you've been asking me to say things repeatedly."

"Oh..." Baekhyun looks at his milktea, as if stirring his drink so he could hide his own flustered yet red face.

And the awkward silence is present once again.

"I think I should go-" 
"I think it's getting late-"
The two boys stated in unison.

Baekhyun laughs nervously while Chanyeol is rubbing his own nape.

"Where do you live?" Chanyeol asks the latter across him.

"Like I said, you could be a serial killer." Baekhyun grins at Chanyeol.

He's playing hard-to-get, Chanyeol.

I think it's cute, brain. Hush.

You're so not gonna get laid with that attitude, .

"I don't care!" Chanyeol blurted out.

"Excuse me, what?" Baekhyun was confused. "Are you mad at me? I was kidding about the serial killer part-"
"No! It's just that... I tend to blurt things out when I think of something." Chanyeol was waving his hands in front of Baekhyun's face. As a sign of disagreement at Baekhyun's statement.

 

Baekhyun sighs in relief and smiles. "I should go now."

"Can I at least have your number?" Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun expectantly but nervously.

Baekhyun is going crazy. Now, he knew what those butterflies in your stomach meant.

Shoot shoot shoot shoot! His face is so adorable.

Let me squeeze his face pleeasseee ; A ;

BYUN BAEKHYUN! GET YOURSELF STRAIGHT AND GIVE HIM YOUR NUMBER!

Baekhyun snaps out of his own little brain argument and is back to staring at Chanyeol; who is reaching his phone out to Baekhyun.

"O-okay.." Baekhyun grabs Chanyeol's phone, typing his own digits.

"Here." Baekhyun returns Chanyeol's phone and Chanyeol took it in a matter of millimeters due to excitement.

"I guess you'll be receiving a text from a serial killer later." Chanyeol jokes, hoping Baekhyun would actually laugh.

Baekhyun gives a smile instead. Admiring how Chanyeol is giving out jokes that aren't even close to being humorous. He thinks it's a cute gesture, though.

"I guess so. Sooo. I'll take my leave now, thanks for the little time, Chanyeol!" Baekhyun waves and storms out of the shop.

 

----

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Baekhyun groans as he reaches for his phone on his study table. Hands searching for his phone in his dark room.

It was 12:34 A.M.

 From: Unknown number

Hi. :)

"What the heck. I can't believe someone would text in this ungodly hour." Baekhyun mutters and places his phone under his pillow.

Buzz.

Buzz.

Buzz.

From: Unknown number
Okay, I know you're probably asleep. But, I've actually been battling myself if I should text you or not, so I hope you notice this. :(

Baekhyun was too sleepy to think who the sender could be, but seeing the person probably needs someone to talk to, he sighed and sent a message in reply.

From: Byun Baekhyun

To: Unknown Number

Hello. :D I'm sorry, I don't have your number saved on my contacts. Who's this again?

Baekhyun was now half awake, his sleep was interrupted. His phone buzzed again after almost a minute.

From: Unknown Number

To: Byun Baekhyun

It's me, the serial killer. I can't believe you weren't expecting my text message, sock man. :(

Baekhyun's heart was raising so much that he thinks it probably skipped too much beats already.

OH GOD IT'S CHANYEOL.

WHAT SHOULD I SEND HIM-

BREATHE.

Baekhyun was having that moment when he felt his phone vibrate non-stop. He was receiving a call. From Chanyeol.

He breathes in heavily before answering the phone call. "Hello?" He wanted to sound normal.

"Hey." Chanyeol's voice was so deep. It was deeper on the phone than in real life, Baekhyun thought.

"What's with the call-"
"I just wanted to hear your voice."

GOODNESS GRACIOUS. TAKE AWAY MY PRECIOUS LIFE NOW. PLEASE.

"Baekhyun? Still there?"
"Oh- uh sorry, Chanyeol. I was just uhh... I'm still here." Baekhyun's response sounded like he was not in the mood or something, at least that's what Chanyeol thought.

"I'm sorry, were you sleeping already? I just wanted to talk to someone--"
"It's okay, Chanyeol." Chanyeol could feel Baekhyun's smile from the other line.

The two weren't actually saying anything. Just hearing each other's breath was enough.

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun hums.

"Wanna grab lunch together tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow is Saturday, Chanyeol." Baekhyun chuckles.

"Exactly."
Baekhyun can peacefully die now.

 

-----

A.N.

BAEKHYUN'S RESPONSE WILL BE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. :)

~Arrniieeee