Mistake

Socks and Fate

Byun Baekhyun was never the type to leave his things anywhere.

In fact, he even receives this special award every year as the "Cleanest Student".

 

One mistake changed his life forever.

And this mistake is today.

 

-------

Baekhyun ruffles his own black hair and bangs in devastation.

He just encountered one of the worst experiences in life. 

And that is embarassing himself in front of the person he has been crushing in almost all of his life.

Oh gosh. What the heck did I just do..

Baekhyun silently curses as he recalls what happened just that afternoon.

 

 

 

 

It was a rainy Friday afternoon.

And Friday means Club Meetings.

Students would go to their respective clubs whenever the clock strikes 4 P.M.

 

And so there was Baekhyun, running through the halls of his University.

Bumping in to almost all students blocking his way.

"I'm late for the chess club." Baekhyun mumbles as he checks his own wristwatch while running.

He barges inside his own club room, greeting everyone with his usual smile (despite his hard catching of breath).

"Wow, let's just act like this is something new that you're late, hyung." Sehun, Baekhyun's one and only bestfriend, speaks up with his usual poker face. Who knows what goes on his mind with that poker face plastered always.

Baekhyun rolls his eyes at the statement. "Whatever, you don't even know what I went through just to be here on time."
 

Sehun gives off a scoff. "Techinally, you are late. And yeah, I can tell what you've been through. Your soaked clothes and shoes says you just runned from one building to another." And his smirk is out.

"Don't even get me started about my soaked clothes." Baekhyun sighs heavily.

"You should probably--" 

"WOOOAAAHH! Byun Baekhyun, never knew you had that y curve."

Cuss you, Kim Jongin.

BAM.

Baekhyun's perfect hand just landed on Kim Jongin's "perfect" cheeks.

"Shut up, Jongin. Go get a life instead of checking out hot students."
And with those words uttered by Sehun, Jongin snorts and takes his leave.

Sehun looks at his bestfriend from head to toe. "As I was saying, you should probably go get changed and hang your wet clothes outside the room."
 

"And I would do that becauusseee..?" Baekhyun attempts to protest.

"Because I'm handsome. And you're gonna stink if you don't change. Now, we wouldn't want that your crush is gonna think you're a dirty rascal, right?" Sehun winks at his own bestfriend.

Baekhyun blushes at the thought of meeting his crush today, Park Chanyeol. "Shut up, Sehun."
 

Sehun just laughs it off and Baekhyun decides he takes his bestfriend's advice.

 

----

Baekhyun steps out the comfort room. 

He hangs his wet clothes and leaves his own shoes outside his club room as he changes to a new set.

"You done, Mr. Who thinks he has all the time in the world?" Sehun shakes his head in fake disappointment in his bestfriend's behaviour of taking too long in changing his own clothes.

 

"Pfft. It wasn't even that long, ugly." Baekhyun laughs deviously.

 

"Would you believe me if I told you Park Chanyeol is approaching?"

 

"WHAT-"
"WHAT OH GOD WHAT DO I DO SEHUN-"

 

"Act normal, you little piece of poop."

"HOW IS MY HAIR OH MY GOD-" 

"AND OH GOODNESS GRACIOUS I LEFT MY CLOTHES OUT-"

Everything was too late.

Park Chanyeol was in front of him, bringing a piece of cloth in his own hand.

"I believe this pair of... uumm.. whatever you call it, belongs to you?" Park Chanyeol's deep voice vibrate in Baekhyun's ears.
 

Oh God. This is sooo not happening. This is embarassing.

"I--"

Park Chanyeol is asking me if I own those stinky pair of socks he's holding.

THINK BAEKHYUN!

 

"...."

"Those are my bestfriend's."