Chapter seven: Flowering Maple

Pitch

Chapter seven: Flowering Maple

Between Kiseo and I, everything has gotten more awkward since last night. Breakfast was delivered to us today, and so we had breakfast together. We ate in silence. One minute passed, two, three, four, five…ten, we were almost done with our breakfast. “Ah I can’t take this anymore!” I mumbled to myself. “Hey –“ we both said at the same time, I blinked. He blinked. It was an awkward atmosphere.
Kiseop nodded “You go first.”
“Thanks for the blanket last night, and sorry for making a lot of racket as well…hehe.” I laughed nervously, hoping he forgot what I was talking about last night.

“It’s fine,” he replied, he was poking at his almost empty bowl of cereal, then looked up at me and asked, “Last night… What were you going to say about me?” he imitated me, putting on a high pitched voice,“ ‘Kiseop-shi you –‘ hmm?” CRAP. I looked on the side to cringe my face. I wasn’t expecting him to remember what I said… ah I was so confused yesterday… I was about to call him ‘Kiseop-shi you stupid bastard.’
I gave him another awkward fake smile and replied, “Kiseop-shi, I hope you were not expecting me to have said anything bad about you. I wouldn’t dare. I was about to say Kiseop-shi you sweet person! Hehe,” I finished it off with an innocent look then looking back at Kiseop. He gave me the “I’m not stupid look.” I looked up at the clock “Oh hey, I have to go, or I’ll be late for class.” I quickly blabbered, got up and ran to the door not wanting to stay here any longer. Then I remembered…

“Yah ____ !It’s a Sunday.” He shouted. Great… I swear that was the stupidest excuse that I’ve ever said. I was getting pissed at myself for not thinking fast enough. Punching my right palm with my fist, another excuse came to mind, “Oh that’s right! Haha…silly me,” I laughed from the door. “Well uh I’m expected to meet up with someone. Bye!” I dashed out of the room not realising that I was still in my PJ’s. Running half way down the hallway, I realised that I had forgotten something. Argh! Hitting myself on the head softly, I muttered, “What a great morning I’m having today!” I told myself sarcastically. “God what’s wrong with me!” I ran back to my dorm. “Forgetting something?” he smirked looking at me from head to toe. This was so embarrassing. I shuffled to my room as fast as I could, got changed, grabbed my mobile phone, my notebook and ran out again.When I shut the door, I did a quick check to see if I had everything that I needed, hoping that I didn’t have to go back into the dorm again.

Kevin was waiting for me in the school’s garden. The range of flowers and different types of trees surrounding us were amazing.“Very beautiful”, I nodded in satisfaction.
“Good morning _____” Kevin smiled kindly as he waved.
“Morning! Have you been waiting long?” I asked with an innocent look. I reckon I was about 20 minutes late and it was all because of Kiseop.
“No, not at all. I don’t mind waiting for you.” He grinned. I thought it was the prettiest smile ever. I felt my heart skip a beat.
Blushing I nodded, “Ehem…I see.”
Kevin looked at me, “_____ are you feeling well? Your face is all flushed.” He put his hand on my forehead. “Hmm, it’s not hot.”
I quickly moved away and softly, lifting his hand off my forehead “I’m fine.” I said quickly. “Uh, we should start practicing on our assignment now right?” quickly changing the subject.
“Oh that’s right! We should! Have you finished with the lyrics?” he asked with a broad smile.
“Yep, I finished them yesterday.” I beamed, giving him a big smile.“I worked really hard on this,” I told him. Kevin was impressed and clapped.
“Yay! Well done! ____-ah I’m feeling really proud. I’m lucky to have chosen a great partner like you. ” Kevin patted my shoulder. I blushed again, but smiled back at him feeling the same way.
“Ah, now I need you to practice sing this song.” I smiled. “One, two, three…” Slowly I started to hum the tune and he began to sing;

“Sesangideungeuldolryeo
nal moreun chae handedo (o oo o)
Ijeneunduryeobjianha, nae gyeotennigaisseo
I’ II know exactly what you’d say

Somebody take me away
somebody take me away
somebody take me away
somebody take me away
cause I can’t take this pain”

After an hour or two of practicing, Kevin got the whole song down. “Yay, looks like we won’t have any trouble passing this!” I clapped excitedly.
He nodded. “Your lyrics are really good ____!”
“Hey, I can’t take all the credit! You helped with half the work.” I shook my head. “Oh! You must be thirsty! I’ll buy you a drink! Let’s go!” I marched off with Kevin following not far behind.

NH Media School of Arts has a wide range of facilities for its students: a school shopping district, Cafes, restaurant, gym, swimming pool, basically you can find anything here to make you feel like it’s not a school. It was my first time in the shopping district. I looked around, amazed. “Wah, it looks like the city.” I was really excited. I bet Kevin could tell by the huge smile that spread across my face.
“Have you not been in the school’s shopping district before?” Kevin asked.
I shook my head “Nope, I haven’t. Ah I need to buy you a drink!” I looked around more, trying to find a café or restaurant… but I had no luck. I didn’t know my way around so it was difficult for me to find the food area! There was only one word to describe how I was feeling at the moment, frustrated.
“Oh I know a place!” Kevin suddenly said happily.
Feeling relieved I replied “Great, let’s go then.”

We arrived at a small and cosy café.The walls were brown and the room was dimly lit, letting the sunshine into the café. I found cute little cartoon stickers on the shop window. The café was located in an alley way, so there weren’t many people around. The shop keeper greeted us with a warm smile and positioned us next to the window. Kevin ordered a cappuccino and I ordered a freshly squeezed orange juice.

Soon the drinks came. I had a feeling that the shop keeper had a “thing” for Kevin because she suddenly gave us two serves of ice cream for free. Plus, she kept glancing at him. Of course, I didn’t have a problem with that because it was true. Kevin had a really nice smile that anyone would adore.
Kevin elegantly sipped his coffee. When he put his cup down,I saw froth on the top of his lips. I looked at him, trying to keep a straight face. He looked at me.
“Why are you looking at me like that?” giving me a confused look.
“Hehe…hahahaha!”I bursted out in laughter. I pointed to my upper lip. “You’ve got something there. Haha!” I continued laughing, "Hehe, I'm laughing more than i should." I picked up a napkin and gently wiped the froth off his lips. Pulling my hand away softly, our eyes met. In a daze, I stared at them for a while, but then I remembered what I was doing and snapped out of it. “Ah…there. All nice and clean!”
I went back to sipping my orange juice quickly and accidentally started choking, “_____, are you alright? You should drink more slowly.” Kevin asked in a worried tone. I nodded…gah I’m such an idiot.

“______, what do you like to do in your free time?” he asked randomly.
“Oh, hmm. Besides composing, I like to take photos in my free time.”
“Selcas?” He asked.
“No, of the scenery.” I laughed. “What about you, Kevin?” I was curious as well in what he did. We’re not that close that’s why.
“In my free time, I like to garden.” He said looking down at his empty cup. He looked up again and smiled, “That’s why the school’s garden is my favourite place.”
“Mm, we should go to the school garden more together sometimes, since we were only there for a brief moment this morning.” I smiled.
“That’d be nice!” He beamed. Picking up a spoon full of ice cream, he asked me to open my mouth “Say ahhhh~”
I looked at that giant piece of ice cream on the spoon, “Wahh too much!” I opened my mouth out wide and he fed me the ice-cream. “Ooh sho-ooocole-dd!” I said, with my mouth full. Taking a spoonful, I fed Kevin as well “Revenge! Say ahhh!” I shouted excitedly.
“Ahh!~” he opened his mouth, ah his just so cute! We stayed at the café for about less than an hour, so we thought it was about time to go. “Ah, we should get back. Do you want to take a quick walk around the garden with me, ______?” I looked at the time, and nodded
“Sure.”
We bowed and thanked the shop keeper for the ice cream and drinks.

Arriving at the garden again, the air had a sweet and calming scent. The flowers gave the garden a nice aroma. I walked up to a beautiful yet peculiar looking flower. “I’ve never seen this before” I asked curiously, examining it with a puzzled expression.There were long clusters of graceful purple petals that drooped downwards. Kevin seemed to have seen my puzzled expression and explained “That flower is called Wisteria. The flower is native to Japan and China.” He smiled at me. He came closer to me with something in his hands, “And this is called a ‘Flowering Maple’.” He opened his palm and showed me an orange flower with rounded petals, and heart shaped leafs. “It’s beautiful.” I whispered. Gently, he placed it softly onto my hair. My heart was about to explode, but instead, I went red again.

“A beautiful flower, just like you.” He smiled.

End Chapter 7: Flowering Maple

A/N: Sorry for taking awhile to update so here is a long chapter to make up for it! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter! There is more of Kevin specially requested by ChupaChup. Please look forward to more love blossoming, Ki Seop, and comment, because it keeps me pumped!! ♥♥♥ with Love HimeDesu!

Flowering Maple:

Photobucket

Wisteria:

Photobucket