Chapter eleven: Audition

Pitch

Chapter eleven: Audition

“La la la la la la la la…” I practiced the vocal warm ups Kevin had taught me.

“Very good!” He praised and smiled encouragingly. He then played a higher key on the piano. Surprisingly I could reach it without problem.

“Wow, _____. You lied to me! You said you couldn’t sing,” he accused jokingly. I smiled, I surprised myself even; I didn’t think I could sing.

A few hours later, I returned to the dorm feeling parched and happy about today’s practice outcomes. As expected, Kiseop was already there sitting on the couch, with what looked like the practice script to the play in his hands. He looked up from the script and looked at me. I gave a polite nod and went to get a drink. I soon entered the lounge again with a nice cold bottle of water.

“You’re going to audition for the play too?” I eyed the thick booklet. He followed where my eyes followed, and nodded, “Umn.”

“You look like you’re in a good mood today… something happen?” he asked, showing real interest. Kiseop… is really strange, I shook my head, “Mm, nothing special actually.”

“I see, you hanging out with that guy again, probably. Why don’t you date him?” He grumbled.

“What are you talking about? And if I were hanging out with a guy, does it really matter to you?” I asked getting slightly frustrated, it really didn’t matter to him who I hung out with anyway, did it? And how did he know I’d been hanging out with a guy anyway?

“It does!” he raised his voice just a little, and then stomped into his room. At that point I was really confused. Why did it matter? I took a giant sip of my water, then slowly realised something, he couldn’t possibly like me, could he?

 

 

It had been a few days since auditions opened and I’d heard that the judges were not that easy. Today was when Kevin and I were going to audition. I was nervous since I didn’t have much time to actually learn how to sing, but Kevin reassured me that I was great.

I entered the huge theatre with Kevin next to me. As I walked in I saw Kiseop, and that pretty girl he was with the other day. They looked so perfect together. Shaking that thought out of my head I went to take a seat, with Kevin following close behind me. Their performance was amazing, the girl had such a beautiful voice, and so did Kiseop. I watched them with admiration.

“Well done you two. You’ve done such an amazing job, Hye ri, Kiseop you out did yourself today.” One of the judges nodded satisfied. Kiseop and the girl gave a polite nod, and then looked at each other smiling, it was my first time seeing him smile. Was it wrong for me to feel jealous?

So the girl was called Hye Ri, a pretty name for such a pretty girl, I thought. Kevin patted me on the shoulder, “____, it’s our turn now.” He smiled and I nodded. I walked up keeping an eye on Kiseop and Hye Ri. They didn’t leave the theatre; they stayed and watched the auditions. “Does he have to watch me audition?” I thought frustratedly, this wasn’t helping the butterflies in my stomach. Since Kevin and I were auditioning together, so we decided to do the kiss scene in Sleeping Beauty. I lay myself down and pretended to be asleep.

“Oh! My princess I have finally found thee!” Kevin began to act.

“…..” Kevin leaned over and pretends to kiss me. I fluttered my eyes open, awakening like the scene if the fairy tale. I rose up.

“Who art thou?” I looked around the stage, acting bewildered.

“I am the Prince of Neverland.”

“Thine lips have broken the curse. O I cannot thank thee enough.”

Then, we turned to face the audience and started singing and dancing. At the end of our duet, we heard the audience clap. The judges nodded their heads to one another. I scanned the crowd and saw Hye Ri clapping and seemingly gazing at Kevin. Kiseop had a strange expression on his face. I couldn’t tell what he was thinking or feeling.

After the audition, Kevin was immediately swarmed by girls.

“Kevin you were amazing!” one of the fan girls said, then another girl nodded enthusiastically “Yes! And Kevin, next time help me with my acting too!”

Kevin laughed nervously and looked at me with a sorry expression, it seemed that he’d be bothered for quite a long time so I smiled at him and took my leave. As I walked out of the theatre, I saw Kiseop standing there. “Was he waiting for Hye Ri?” I thought. I caught his eyes and walked over in his direction.

“Why did it take you so long?” He asked, sounding a bit irritated. Confused, I looked around if he was talking to anyone else but it seemed like the question was directed at me. Was he waiting for me?

“Well? Hmm, anyway I want to show you something.” He grabbed my hands.

“H-hey, where are you taking me?”  He led me through the large school corridors until we reached  a door. He opened it. I thought a room was waiting for us, but it wasn’t. It was a staircase, gently holding my hands he took me up the stairs.

“Close your eyes.”

I obeyed. I heard a door open and he led me a couple of steps more. My heart was beating really fast and I could feel my cheeks burning, because of Kiseop’s grasp on my hand.

“Now open them.”

I opened my eyes, then they slowly widened, letting out a loud gasp. Kiseop led me up to the school tower. The room was old but beautiful, there was a white French door, on the other side of that was the balcony, which over looked the whole school.

“The view is beautiful.” I whispered.  

Kiseop nodded, “I know.”

I turned over to him, “Why did you bring me here?”

 He turned to me, “I go here when I have things on my mind.”

Automatically I responded, “Do you have something on your mind?”

Kiseop smirked, and kept silent. I pouted and turned back to the amazing scenery.

“Are you really close to the guy you auditioned with?” He randomly asked.

“Are you close to the girl you auditioned with?” I asked without looking at him, both of the questions asked were none of our business.

“I asked you first.” He replied.

“I asked you second.”

“Hye Ri, is a very good friend. She’s like a sister to me.” He replied once he realised that arguing with me would get him nowhere.

“Do you like her?” I asked again.

“No it’s your turn to answer.”

“Hm, close… I guess.” I think I’m pretty close with Kevin now. He is a really good friend. Kiseop nodded and walked out of the room.

“Huh? H-hey wait!” I quickly followed him. Kiseop seemed mad.

“What’s your problem?” I stopped at the door.

“I need to go to practice.” And he left the room, I was left alone.

 

It had been a week since Kevin and I had auditioned and today was the day we found out who had gotten the parts. I quickly shuffled through the crowd of noisy students. I looked up at the message board, standing on my tippy toes, struggling to read it, since I was getting pushed around a bit. I scanned the list and suddenly found my name; ______ - Tree.

“WHAT?!” I was disappointed; I kind of had hoped that I would’ve gotten a better part…

Next I looked for Kevin’s – Aurora’s Dad King. Then I looked for Kiseop’s name; Kiseop – Prince of Neverland. Right next to his was Hye Ri’s; Hye Ri – Aurora – Sleeping beauty. My heart felt like it fell, I felt jealous. This time without questioning, I confirmed that I liked Kiseop.

Chapter 11 End: Audition

A/N: Sorry for the dely! I was caught up on doing something and had school etc. I won't let this happen again! I will try to upload asap next time! Sorry for the wait! ♥ ( The lines in the play were thought up by Beatrice! My main editor now! Give credit, and I'll pass it on to her! ♥)