Chapter five: Uneasy

Pitch

Chapter 5: Uneasy

Kiseop’s P.O.V

It was a Saturday, so there were no classes, but the dance practice room and recording studio was open and free to access and only seniors were allowed. I woke up later than usual. I was on my way to the bathroom when my roommate, _____, called out.

“Good morning!” She said in a bright cheery voice with that pretty smile of hers…Argh I can’t believe it. Why am I saying these things again? What the hell is wrong with me lately? I stiffly nodded and took a step into the bathroom. When I was about to close the door, she called out again.

“What were you doing in the junior area of the school?” she asked. Damn. She saw me. What am I going to say now? I quickly recovered, putting on a straight face I replied,
“What are you on about?”
She widened her eyes. “Don’t lie, I saw you! I saw you walk away.” Argh, what do I say now?
“Che, I was in the senior dance practice room all day. And even if I were, what does it matter to you anyway?”
“Well…you don’t have a reason to be there.” She said quietly.
“I was taking a walk. Does that satisfy your answer?” I quickly snapped at her and turned to walk into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me. I leant against the door, breathing heavily. This girl… she’s different and I can’t help but to think that she’s really interesting. I’ve never met anyone like her. All girls were usually scared of me and wouldn’t dare to talk back to me. I smiled to myself as I thought of her. I’d like to get to know her better. “Kiseop, hwaiting,” I whispered quietly.

Just after lunch time, I went to the library to borrow a new book. It was empty, because everyone used the weekends to go back to their house to see their parents and friends. There were only a few people in the library when I glanced around. Suddenly, I heard a familiar feminine voice giggling and whispering. I found a gap through the book shelf and looked through it, seeing _____ and a guy. Was that Kevin?
I thought back to the event when I had witnessed ____ getting bullied. Yes, it was who I had guessed the guy to be. It was the Kevin guy. Seeing her smile like that made me feel uneasy. It was the butterfly feeling. This is stupid. I quickly walked to the reception, checked out the book then left.

Heading towards the dance practice studio, I got to the entrance and saw HyeRi dancing. I watched her for a while and grinned. I was amazed, she was really good at it! When she saw me standing at the door, she stopped dancing. Giving me a big smile, she ran over.
“I was expecting you to come sooner or later! What took you so long?”
“I went to the library to pick up a new book.” I replied, walking in and sitting myself on the floor. HyeRi did the same.  “Listen HyeRi. If your heart feels uneasy when you see someone… what does it mean? Why does it happen?” I asked shyly, looking down to the floor.
“Hm? What do you mean?” She asked confused.
“Like if you see someone, your heart beats really fast.” I said quickly trying to describe what I was saying with my hands.
She giggled “Have you fallen in love with someone?” she asked curiously.
“Don’t be silly.”  I got up and headed to the door.
“You’re not going to practice today?”
“Maybe later.” I replied.
“Alright. I’ll be here if you need me.” She assured me.

HyeRi’s P.O.V

Great the dance studio is free. I walked into the studio and got ready. Playing a track I started to dance freestyle then I got distracted with my thoughts.“Kiseop should be here by now. What’s taking him so long?” I muttered worryingly. I waited about an hour until Kiseop finally arrived. I gave him a smile, and ran over to him.
“I was expecting you to come sooner or later! What took you so long?” I asked.
“I went to the library to pick up a new book.” He replied, walking into the room and seating himself on the floor while I followed and did the same, crossing my legs.  “Listen HyeRi, if your heart feels uneasy when you see someone… what does it mean? Why does it happen?” he asked unsure, looking down onto the floor.
“Hm? What do you mean?” I asked confusingly.
“Like if you see someone, your heart beats really fast.” He said quickly using hand gestures.
I giggled. “Have you fallen in love with someone?” I asked curiously. Hoping the answer would be no.
“Don’t be silly.”  He got up and headed to the door.
“You’re not going to practice today?”
“Maybe later.” He replied.
“Alright. I’ll be here if you need me.” And then he left. Surely he doesn’t have feelings for someone does he? He can’t! I won’t let him! I shook my head.
He is mine. And mine alone! I pouted.
I’ve known him for the longest, and we’ve been best friends since we were kids. Something like this can’t happen. “He c-can’t fall in love with anyone, with anyone but me…” I stuttered, feeling very scared. “H-he just can’t.” I shook my head again and started to think of the past.

I was 7. Both my parents died in a car crash. None of my relatives would take me so I was sent to the orphanage. I was soon adopted at the age of 8, by a nice couple who couldn’t have children. I was enrolled into a new school. Because I didn’t have real parents, this made me the subject to bullying. They would tease and laugh at my misfortune.“You don’t have a real mum or dad!” the children would shout.

I remember that one day I was alone on the swings after school. I was crying by myself, when a boy handed me a tissue. He was a guy in my class, the quiet one, the boy who kept everything to himself. When I took the tissue, he patted my head and told me not to cry, but smile. He said I looked much prettier like that. So I did, I gave him a nice big smile, and then we both laughed. That was Kiseop, and ever since that day, we’ve been the best of friends.

I hated the thought of Kiseop falling in love with someone other than me. I’m afraid he will forget me, he might not want to spend any more time with me anymore. I can’t bare it. I don’t want him to leave my side.

I don’t want to be left alone, like how my parents left me on that fateful day.
I won’t let myself live through the painful past. It just cannot happen.

End Chapter 4: Uneasy

A/N: Hello, this is HimeDesu! I hope you enjoyed this chapter, with Kiseop's and HyeRi's P.O.V, beacause I enjoyed writing this chapter, more of Kiseop, Kevin and HyeRi's are coming up soon! So please look forward to them! I would try to update asap. Thank you again to my editor, Angie! ♥