Chapter six: Blanket

Pitch

Chapter 6: Blanket

“I should finish this assignment!”I reminded myself while looking at the half finished sheet of the song. Kevin had been of great help by helping out with the lyrics. I smiled to myself.

It had been a few hours since I started working on the assignment when suddenly my eyes started to strain and feel tired. Slowly my eyes fluttered shut, leaving me to drift off to sleep into my dreamland. I wasn’t sure about how long I had slept for but I felt someone put something warm onto me. I reluctantly opened my eyes to see Kiseop standing there. I looked back to see a blanket on me. Looking up at him once again, he coughed awkwardly and spoke in a soft tone.
“You could catch a cold if you sleep out here…”He said rubbing the back of his neck in awkwardness and walked into his room. For some reason I felt happy. Why was Kiseop acting like this? Maybe he wasn’t that rude of a person.

Kiseop’s P.O.V

I was on my way back to the dorm from the practice room. When I arrived, I found _____ sleeping peacefully with the side of her face on the table. Seeing her made my heart beat fast. I put my hand on my chest and squeezed it. What’s wrong with me? As I approached her, I saw sheets of paper on the table. Curiously, I went to see what it was. They were music sheets and on the top of the page it read, ‘Music composed by ______ // Lyrics by Kevin and ______.’  Come to think of it, I never asked what she studied. I read through the music sheet and tried to hum the tune.I nodded with a satisfied face. It sounded really good for a first year’s work.

After putting the sheet down, I examined _____. She was wearing casual clothing since it was the weekend and on the weekends, it wasn’t compulsory for students to wear their uniform.____ didn’t look warm. She was wearing fairly light clothing that consisted of a t-shirt and high-waisted shorts. How can she not feel cold? It’s freezing! I went to see if the heater was on, but it wasn’t so I turned it on.

When I returned to ____, I felt like I had to help her be more comfortable since she was sleeping. She might catch a cold as well. I walked into my room,grabbed a spare blanket and gently placed it over her. Suddenly she shifted a little. I froze. Slowly her long lashes fluttered and she opened her eyes. What to do now? At this point my heart was about to jump out of my chest.  She looked at me with a confused expression. Surprisingly, it looked cute. Here I go again, with my stupid thoughts. She looked at what was on her back, and I gave out a fake cough. I rubbed the back of my neck due to the awkwardness and said, “You could catch a cold if you sleep out here…” I didn’t want to stay any longer so I walked back to my room and closed the door. By now, my heart was beating faster and faster. Touching my cheeks, I could feel it heat up. ____-shi! What have you done to me?

End P.O.V

After he left, I snuggled deeper into the blanket. Kiseop was starting to bother me. Why would he be worried if I caught a cold? Then I snapped back to reality. Oh! That’s right! I need to do my assignment.

After another hour, I lifted up the music sheets and grinned, “Nearly finished! Hehe. Kevin’s going to be so proud!” I was smiling to myself like an idiot feeling excited about how the song would turn out in the end. I started to match the lyrics with the song I composed.
(A/N: The song is Take Me Away by U-KISS’s Kevin and Hoon)

“Sesangideungeuldolryeo
nal moreun chae handedo (o o o o)
Ijeneun duryeobjianha, nae gyeotennigaisseo
I II know exactly what you’d say

Somebody take me away
somebody take me away
somebody take me away
somebody take me away
cuz I can’t take this pain”

(The Translation of the song:
“Even if the world turns its back
on me and disowns me
Now I am not afraid- because you’re by my side
I-I-I know exactly what you’d say

Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
Somebody take me away
somebody take me away
Cuz I can’t take this pain”)

There, I was done! “____, you are seriously jjang!”I did a final quick scan over my finished product and a smile spread over my face. I placed it in a transparent plastic sheet and into my school book. Then I stood up and stretched my arms out and yawned. I picked up my school book holding the music sheets and took it into me room. I did this so I was aware of where it was. I wouldn’t want a two weeks’ worth of hard work disappearing. Feeling utterly exhausted, I brushed my teeth, changed into my P.Js and jumped onto my bed. I groaned tiredly, hugging my blanket. Blanket..Kiseop! I forgot about the blanket he put on me while I slept out there.

Quietly, I crept to the chair that I had sat on to do my assignment. The blanket was still there. I grabbed it and brought it to my room. Again, I just had to think of Kiseop. I talked to the blanket as if it was him.
“Kiseop-shi! Why are you so confusing?” I whispered loudly, glaring intensely at it. “Seriously, just tell me what’s going on, will you?” I waited for an answer. “Why am I even talking to a blanket?” I started to get angry and yelled aloud “KISEOP-SHI! YOU STU-“
“SHUT UP! GO SLEEP!” Kiseop cut me off. I froze and looked back at the blanket and whispered.
“Kiseop-shi. How many times do I have to say this? I really hate you.” I jumped off my bed and walked out of my room with Kiseop’s blanket.

Kiseop’s P.O.V

“Crazy woman,” I whispered, covering my ears with my pillow. Out of nowhere, I heard someone aggressively knocking on my bedroom door. It could only be one person. I got off my bed and ruffled my hair and opened the door. “What?” I glared at her, hoping that she’d feel scared. Instead, she threw the blanket I had put on her earlier on my chest. When she threw it at me, I felt her hand hit my chest. After that, she just stormed off back to her room.

End Chapter 6: Blanket

A/N: The song featured in here is by Kevin and Hoon, “Take Me Away” also featured in their Neverland album! The lyrics and translation are from: http://colorcodedlyrics.com/2011/09/10/u-kiss-take-me-away-cc-lyrics/ . Once again, thank you for reading! I am in the midst of chapter 7.