Chapter ten: School Play

Pitch

Chapter ten: School Play

I was sitting in class by the window when our homeroom teacher called on Kevin and me. Our music assignment was due today. I was half nervous and confident at the same time on what result I would get. Both Kevin and I worked really hard on it.

“Kevin and _____ , it’s your turn next to show us what you have produced for this assignment.” She said in a cheerful tone, with a look of anticipation. I slowly rose from my chair and shuffled to the front of the class where the piano was placed. Sitting down and making myself comfortable, I asked if Kevin was ready.  He nodded and cleared his throat. I began to play the piano which counted him in, and he began to sing. While playing the piano, I looked around the room. All the students were amazed at Kevin’s voice. Even though it was as expected, they still had an amazed look on them.

Kevin finished with a beautiful smile, wooing all the girls in class, receiving loud applause. It made me happy that all our hard work paid off, at least I hope they were clapping for how good our song was and not just at Kevin…

After class there was an announcement from the teacher, “Well done class. I was very happy with the overall students who performed today, and I hope to see you improve in years to come while you are at this academy. There will be a school play this year based on the fairytale Sleeping Beauty. I will be really happy if you guys attempt to audition for this play, it will give you extra marks to your curriculum if you do.” She said with a smile and looked at me and Kevin “I will be anticipating to see if any of you guys will get a part in this performance. Class dismissed.”

“Hey, _____. Are you going to audition for Sleeping Beauty?” Kevin asked and beamed with excitement.

I shook my head. “I’m not sure yet,” I replied, but I thought it might be fun to participate in it. Kevin pouted.

“Come on! It’d be fun,” He said with a broad smile. Seeing his smile made me smile. Nodding, I agreed to audition.

“Alright.”

 

HyeRi’s P.O.V

A school play huh? “This will raise the chance for me to debut!” I thought, and nodded in satisfaction. On my way to my voice recording activity, I saw Kiseop come out of his class. Every time I see him my heart skips a beat or two. Quickly recovering I waved him over, he gave me a broad smile and walked over to me. I was really happy to see him smile, because the only time he smiled was for me, and I didn’t want that to change, keeping in mind what he had told me a few days ago.

“Have you heard about the school play?” I asked Kiseop.

He nodded slightly. “Mm I have.”

“Well? Are you going to try out? It will give us an extra chance to debut.” I smiled, I knew how much Kiseop wanted to debut. Kiseop and I share the same goals.

“Yeah I guess.” He replied. I knew he was definitely going to try out, I gave a small smile.

“But if I do, I’m definitely going to be the prince.” He said in a playfully tone, I chuckled.

“Of course, then I have to be Sleeping beauty! The auditions starts tomorrow, I simply can’t wait!” I beamed at Kiseop.

He returned the smile, “We’ll audition together then,” and escorted me to my class.

Hye Ri’s P.O.V end

 

I returned to my dorm to collect some work for my other classes.

“A school play! How exciting,” I smiled to myself. I walked into my room and quickly grabbed what I needed. Just as soon as I was about to leave, I heard a phone ring. It came from Kiseop’s room.

“He must’ve forgotten to bring his phone.” Without realizing what I was doing, I opened his door, locating his phone straight away. It was placed on a black bedside table. The caller ID read “My Beautiful Mother”.

I smiled, I didn’t think Kiseop would be sweet towards anyone. Letting my eyes wonder around the room, it was very neat for a guy’s room. Everything was in its place neatly. Looking around, something caught my attention. It looked like an easel. It had a canvas on it as well.

“Kiseop can paint?” Curiously I walked over to the painting. To my surprise the person on the painting looked a lot like me. Why would Kiseop paint a picture of me? I admired the brush on the painting, it was very unique and it looked very gentle.

“He has a lot of talent,” I thought.

“I wonder what does Kiseop think about me?” I thought smiling, flattered that he had painted me, but that smile soon faded when the image of Kiseop and the beautiful girl came into my head. I looked at my watch.

“Oh No! I have to go to my next class.” I quickly ran out of his room, not forgetting to close the door and rushed to my next class.

I was in my room looking at some of my music pieces when Kiseop returned. Getting off my seat, I crawled to my door and opened it slightly to spy on Kiseop. He came into the lounge with on a singlet on, all sweaty. I cringed then giggled to myself, “I bet he stinks.” I straightened myself up and walked into the lounge room too and pretended that I didn’t know he came back.

“Oh, welcome back,” I said shyly, looking surprised as he nodded and walked into his room.

“As expected… he’s so rude,” I muttered to myself. He walked back out with a towel in his left hand and new clothes on his right.

“Uh hey… Kiseop-shi...” I stuttered slightly.

He turned to me. “What do you want?” He asked lifting his eyebrows.

“Uh…do you have a girlfriend?” I said quickly. Once the words left my mouth, I regretted saying it right away; I felt the colour in my cheeks redden. It was a stupid question, a question that would definitely make him misunderstand me.

He smirked, “I think that is none of your business if I have one or not. But no, I don’t have a girlfriend,”

“Hmm, why? Do you like me?” He asked, with a playful expression yet a serious tone. I didn’t know if he was teasing me or not.

I blushed, “O-of course not! How could I like someone like you, hurry up and shower, you smell.” I shooed him away, hoping that he couldn’t hear my heartbeat.

“Heh.” He smirked and walked into the bathroom.

The next morning I arrived in class, the room was buzzing with chatter. I could tell that they were all discussing the school play. I took my seat next to Kevin.

“Good Morning _____! Let’s go audition together!” Kevin beamed at me. I nodded.

“Mm okay, this is really exciting.” I replied.

Our teacher walked in with stacks of paper in her hand. “Good morning class. You are probably wondering what I have in my hand.” She held up the stack and gave a heavy sigh, it was probably heavy. “These, are the scripts. If you wish to participate in the audition, please choose a section in the script and use it to practice.” She handed everyone a booklet.

I flipped through it. “Ehh? You have to sing and dance in this?” I mumbled to myself in shock. I couldn’t sing to save myself. I was always told I could sing but I wouldn’t call it talent. I sighed; I guessed I probably would have to work backstage instead then. Kevin looked at me.

“What’s up _____?” He asked with a worried expression.

“Huh? Oh I guess I won’t get audition for this.” I said, sounding disappointed.

“What do you mean?”

I laughed nervously, “I can’t sing.”

Kevin gave me a gentle smile, “I can teach you how to!”

“Huh? How?” I asked confused.

“It’s simple, I’ll teach you the basics!” He clapped his hands together.

Chapter 10: School Play end

A/N: Hi this is HimeDesu! Here is chapter 10. Sorry for taking so long! I left my friend cliffhanging too, and I'm sorry this is a cliffhanger also :"P. School started as you know, and I will try to keep updated on a daily basis! ♥ The is a bit of Hye Ri in this and I hope it can satisfy you for a while~~. Thanks for reading ♥