Chapter nine: Is this love?

Pitch

Chapter Nine: Is this love?

The next morning, I woke to the sound of my alarm. Clumsily reaching from under my blankets, I knocked bits and pieces over until I was able to press the alarm clock button. I lay in bed for awhile, still half asleep. I checked the time on the clock but saw double. Trying to focus, I looked again. 8:35…

“Wait, What?!” I shot up, and grabbed the clock and looked at it closely; it really did say 8:35.

“Argh! I’m going to be late.” I sulked.

After I washed up and got dressed, I quickly grabbed what I needed for my first class. Rushing out of the door, I almost forgot to lock it. I was late to class by 2 minutes, and I was still made to write lines “…I guess it wasn’t that bad.” I thought.

Kevin whispered to me from the side, “Thank god you’re here”. He sighed in relief.

“I thought something had happened to you.” He said with a worried expression.

I smiled, “Sorry, I slept in.” I could hardly sleep last night, not with Kiseop in my head…

The teacher clapped her hands together to get the students’ attention.

“Attention students, all of your assignments are due in tomorrow, please take the time to practice your piece!” She reminded everyone.

“Good thing we’re so prepared” I smiled to myself. I turned over and tapped Kevin on the shoulder “Kevin we’ll go to an empty practice room at recess to practice.” I told him.

He nodded, “Okay!” and beamed excitedly.

When class was over I looked for an empty practice room so I could use the piano. Every dance room has their own piano, the practice room and equipments are free to access to all the students on weekdays but not on weekends and only seniors are allowed to use it 24/7, 7 days a week. I walked passed one of the practice rooms when I saw an extremely beautiful girl dancing freestyle. She had such powerful movements, but it didn’t look rough on her delicate appearance. I quickly walked past the room, because I didn’t want to be caught staring. I finally found an empty room. It took Kevin no time to find me.

“Alright” I settled on the seat of the piano.

“Are you ready?” I quickly stretched my fingers and asked him.

“Yep.” He replied. We started with some warm ups before we started singing; half an hour later we started.

“Alright, I’ll count you in. 1,2,3.”  I played the first few notes of the song, and it counted Kevin in. Once again his angelic voice was amazing, just like yesterday’s practices he was flawless. We practiced for a long while, until my fingers hurt.

“Oh, I’ll get us a drink from the vending machine.” He offered. 

“Yeah, that’d be nice.” I smiled, and he left the room. I started to play a random tune, to pass the time. As I looked up to check if Kevin was coming or not, I saw Kiseop walk passed with the beautiful girl I saw earlier.

My heart sank. Placing my hand on my chest, “Why does it hurt?” I thought. “This is silly. I hate him remember…?” I tried to remind myself, but it didn’t stop the hurt I was feeling… Have I really fallen for Kiseop?

Kevin returned, with a smile on his face, with our drinks. I smiled back weakly, “Welcome back.”

“Are you alright _____? You look pale.” He asked.

“Yeah.” I mustered up a broad smile.

“Just need some water.” I tried to say enthusiastically, he handed me a bottle of water.

“Sorry I took so long, here you are.” He smiled.

“Thanks.”

That evening I went back to the dorm. There was no one in the lounge but I could hear singing. It was coming from Kiseop’s room. Curious from before, I was determined find out who the girl was that walked with him.

“Wait…why do I care? Argh oh well, I’ll ask anyway.” I hovered over his door, eavesdropping on his song. I was about to raise my hang and knock when my phone rang.

“Oh my god! Not at this time.” I got my phone out and hid behind the couch. The door opened, footsteps coming closer. Shutting my eyes tight and clutching my phone close to my chest, the footsteps stopped.

“What the heck are you doing?” Kiseop asked looking down at me.

“Oh, Hehe. I dropped something under here…” I laughed nervously and pretended to search for something.

“You were eavesdropping, weren’t you?” He narrowed his eyes. I was the type of person who at lying, which was obvious. I awkwardly half nodded and shook my head. He bent down and got out his hand and flicked me on the forehead.

“Don’t be such a dork.” He said playfully.

Quickly feeling the sting of the flick, I got my hand and clutched my forehead, getting all teary I yelled, “Yah! You crazy person!! What was that for? It really hurt.” I looked at him with a teary expression. For once he looked worried.

“Did I really hit you that hard?” he asked, gently lifting my hands off, to see my forehead. I could feel it turn red, chuckling to himself, he went and got some ice from those small fridges, wrapped it around a facial towel and softly placed it onto my forehead. Finally realising his actions he got embarrassed and blushed.

“I going back to my room.” Slowly standing up and walked off to his room, shutting the door behind him.

Surprised, I looked at his door, dumbfounded I asked no one, “Did…Did he just blush and did he just worry about me?”

 Bringing the ice in the towel in front of me, I looked at it, going pink myself, I almost forgot what I was about to ask.

“I’ll ask some other time…”

Kiseop’s P.O.V

Lunch was spent with Hye Ri. She’s really popular with the guys so she needs someone to scare them away. I sighed Hye Ri is like a sister to me, I feel like I have to protect her.

That evening after dance practice, I got back to my dorm and took a shower. I needed to practice a song so I decided to do so in my room. I was practicing for a while when I heard the dorm door open and close.

“_____ must be back” I thought. Without bothering to check on her, I continued to sing, it was only a few minutes when I heard a phone ring from outside my door. Seeing a shadow from under my door, it was obvious that she had been eavesdropping. Hearing quick shuffling movements, she must be finding a place to hide. Amused, I gave her a little time.

Opening the door, I saw exactly where she hid. She had her hair up high in a bun. It wasn’t hard to tell where she was since it stood out a lot behind the white couch. Walking over I looked down. “What the heck are you doing?” I asked amused but with a blank expression.

Using her hands she pretended to look for something, laughing nervously she replied, “Oh, hehe. I dropped something under here…”

I narrowed my eyes, hoping it would scare her. She really was bad at lying, it was cute.

“You were eavesdropping weren’t you?” She looked so cute as she struggled to lie. She gave an unsure nod and shake. I kneeled down and gave her a flick on her forehead.

“ Don’t be such a dork.” I laughed, without realising how much force I’d put in the flick. She cupped her forehead.

“Yah!! You crazy person!! What was that for? That really hurt.” She yelled, looking like she was almost about to cry. Gently lifting her hands out of the way, I saw a red mark I’d imprinted on her. I gave a little chuckle; I didn’t know she was this weak. I found some ice in the fridge and put it into a face towel, then placed it onto her forehead.

Realising what I was doing, I quickly turned away, my heart pounding and said “I’m going back to my room.”

Slowly standing up, I walked to my room and shut the door behind me. I leaned against the wall, clutching my chest. I tried to calm myself down. _____ what have you done to me? I’ve fallen for you.

End Kiseop’s P.O.V

End Chapter 9: Is this love?

Bonus chapter 9.1: Portrait

Kiseop’s P.O.V

When I was young, I was taught to be skilled in many areas; martial arts such as Tae Kwon Do and Kung Fu, English and other foreign languages and art. Besides singing and dancing, I could also paint and draw.

It was Sunday morning, _____ and I ate breakfast in silence. It was awkward because of yesterday. “Hey –”We both said at the same time. She blinked. I blinked.

I nodded, “You go first.”

She started, “Thanks for the blanket last night and sorry for making a lot of racket as well…hehe,” and laughed nervously.

“It’s fine,” I replied, poking at my almost empty bowl of cereal, then looked at her and asked, “Last night… What were you going to say about me?”

I imitated her, putting on a high pitched voice, “‘Kiseop-shi you –, hmm?”

She gave me another awkward fake smile and replied, “Kiseop-shi, I hope you were not expecting me to have said anything bad about you. I wouldn’t dare. I was about to say Kiseop-shi you sweet person! Hehe,” she gave me an innocent look. I gave her the “I’m not stupid look.”She looked up at the clock.

“Oh hey, I have to go, or I’ll be late for class.” she quickly lied, she really at lying. Then getting up she ran for the door. She was still wearing her pyjamas, and plus it was Sunday…

“Yah ____! It’s a Sunday.” I yelled from the table.

“Oh that’s right! Haha…silly me,” she laughed from the door. “Well uh I’m expected to meet up with someone. Bye!” I heard her run out. Not long after, she came running back, I guess she finally realised that she’d forgotten to change.

“Forgetting something?” I smirked. I could see her turn pink. She quickly ran to her room and in no time she was dressed and left the room again.

Since I had most of the day free I decided to draw. Taking out my easel, I placed my canvas on top of it. I couldn’t think of anything to draw, besides ____ in my head I couldn’t think of anything else. “Argh I’ll just draw.”

I pictured her face again from last night when she was sleeping, that peaceful look on her face and that soft smile. As I was thinking of her my heart rate sped up. Putting the oil pastel onto the canvas I started to draw what I pictured. In a few hours the picture was done. Placing the easel beside the window, I washed my hands and it was just in time for dance practice.

End Kiseop’s P.O.V

End Bonus Chapter 9.1: Portrait

A/N: Sorry for the late updates! I ran out of ideas for a while so I procrastinated. I hope you liked this extra long chapter! Kiseop and you finally realise your feelings! Sorry for the long process, but editor Angie didn’t want to rush! So anyway enjoy.  This Chapter was edited by my friend Beatrice~~~

P.S: School is starting soon for me so I might not update as often I’ll try to update on a weekly basis or a daily one. So please understand! Thanks again for reading!