Chapter eighteen: Summer Rain

Pitch

Chapter eighteen: Summer Rain

Hye Ri’s P.O.V

“Hey Kiseop.” I greeted him as he entered the practice room. He wasn’t hanging around _____ lately. We started practice, doing our same routine. He kept mucking up, he usually never messed up the choreography. He wasn’t trying his best.

I reflected on that night when I saw the two under the rotunda. My heart was filled with hurt and jealousy so I bit my lip and danced a bit harder. When practiced was over, I bumped into her in the corridor. I purposely stuck my foot out and made her trip. She fell down.

“Oh! I’m sorry. I didn’t see where I was putting my foot...” I pretended to be worried. “Are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“Yeah, I’m fine. Your ankle is fine now?” She asked.

“Yeah, it’s all healed. Anyway I’ve got another class to get you, I’ll be leaving first.”

“Bye bye...”

I marched to class in anger; I soon felt childish for pulling such a stunt. How could I stoop to that low…?

“Kiseop, are you going to practice again tonight?” I asked Kiseop but he wasn’t listening. I could feel us drifting further and further apart.

Hye Ri’s P.O.V end

I went shopping in the shopping district, and was on my way back to my dorm. Half way back it started to rain. It was warm and sticky. “Crap, I forgot to bring an umbrella.” I tried to find shelter but there wasn’t any until I reached the campus. I used one of my books to shield me from the rain. At that point, Kiseop ran past with an umbrella; we both made eye contact. But he continued to run. Seconds later he returned, shielding me with his umbrella.

“We’ll walk back to the dorm together…” He said emotionlessly. I didn’t know what to feel, I couldn’t tell what messages he was sending me. We were walking back in silence.

“Thanks…” I thanked him while we were slowly making our way back.

“….”

“….” It was hard to communicate with him. “Kiseop-shi… Have I done anything to you, to make you hate me and ignore me?” Tears welled up in my eyes, I stopped in my tracks and looked down, so the tears could fall and be covered up by the rain. I turned my back to him; I didn’t want him to see me cry. I heard something drop, I turned around to see what it was, but I was immediately taken aback when Kiseop hugged me. We stood in the rain, both of us soaking wet.

“I don’t hate you…. I like you very much. In fact I love you. From the day I’ve met you, I’ve learnt to love you, learnt to care for you. Even if I haven’t expressed it the way a normal guy should… I tried. I’m sorry for making you cry. I was so caught up in trying hard to debut, that I’d hurt you.”

He used his hands and gently wiped the tears of my face. “You jerk! You left me hanging.” I yelled at him. He leaned over and softly kissed my lips.

When we got back to the dorm we were still soaking wet from the rain. Kiseop let me have a shower first. After I was done, it was his turn.

A day after, Kiseop caught a cold. I sighed as I walked into his room; I guess I had the responsibility to look after him. I smiled at myself when I saw him peacefully sleeping. I went to feel his forehead to check the temperature. He’s eyes fluttered open.

“Are you feeling any better?” I asked, with a worried expression.

“A little, what are you doing in my room?”

“I’m looking after you, what do you think? You’re such an idiot for dropping the umbrella, look at you. You’ve caught a cold in summer.” I joked.

“You’re too noisy…”

“Do you want me to leave?” I stood up and was about to head to the door, but Kiseop grabbed my hand and pulled me to him. For a sick person he was still strong.

“No, don’t. Stay with me.” He whispered. I nodded and I stayed with him until he fell asleep again, eventually I fell asleep too.

 

Kiseop’s P.O.V

I woke up, to feel a heavy weight on me. It was ______. I smiled at her, and her soft long hair.”From now on, I’ll try not to hurt you. I’ll look after and won’t let any harm come to you.” I whispered to myself.

Kiseop’s P.O.V end

 

Kevin’s P.O.V

I arrived to meet ________ at the Sunshine Café. I smiled as she waved me over, “Did you wait long?” I asked. She shook her head, “No.”

“What was it that you wanted to tell me?” I asked her curiously. But she did seem a lot happier these few days.

She leaned over and whispered into my ear, “I’m now officially dating Kiseop.” She smiled excitedly. When I saw that big smile, I didn’t feel jealous or hurt, I felt genuinely happy for her.

“Really?! Congratulations!” I smiled at her.

Kevin’s P.O.V end

Kiseop recovered in no time with me looking after him. I looked at the blank music sheets and remembered I still needed to do that assignment. I wrote down the title of the song: “Last Fantasy”.

I had a good dream,
more beautiful than any flower
At the cold wind, I pull up the blankets
And I open my eyes and it is today
At some point, the seasons have changed

The blue sky and the pieces of clouds
I drew them however I wanted at that place
I wonder if we will meet again
Will you come to me again?

Faraway things always look beautiful       
I wonder what the closely approached world will show me
I still have many fears and am still young
If it’s you, can I lean on you?
Will you open your heart a bit more?
Don’t you need someone?
Like me?

Has this ever happened to you -
As if you’ve slept for a long time,
The air feels different than yesterday
And for some reason, the day feels strange
For some reason, everything feels strange

My mornings are nights to some others
At that natural truth,
I don’t know why I get so lonely, so sad

Faraway things always look beautiful
I wonder what the closely approached world will show me
I still have many fears and am still young
If it’s you, can I lean on you?
Will you open your heart a bit more?
Don’t you need someone?
Just like me?

My last fantasy,
forever in my heart

If only I can fly, I would fly to you
But I believe in the meaning of my dream last night
There are still a lot of things I don’t know
But I can open that door and walk out
Will you patiently wait for me?
Pray for me that I won’t fall
Believe in me

Chapter 18 end: Summer Rain

A/N: Cute right? I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, it isn't as long as the previous ones. The lyrics on here are from IU's new album "Last Fantasy" Which is what this song is called as well hehe. Chapter 19 adn 20 are coming sooner than you know it, I've got it all planned out. Hehe I feel organised. ♥