007: FIRST DATE

My Owl

007

FIRST DATE

 

            Sungyeol stuffs his face with black bean noodles and makes a sound of delight when the delicious taste invades his taste buds. With his cheeks bloating like a puffer fish, Sungyeol tries to chew and speak at the same time, effectively making his friend, Chanyeol, cringe in disgust as some pieces of food went out of Sungyeol’s mouth.

 

“Chanyeol-ah, what are you doing? Why aren’t you eating?!” Sungyeol says through his full mouth.

 

Instead of replying, Chanyeol just stares at Sungyeol before averting his gaze on the dishes on his dining table.

 

“They look delicious, right? Don’t you want to eat?” Sungyeol says.

 

Chanyeol lets out a sigh and worriedly looks up at his friend.

 

“Sungyeol-ah, tell me the truth, okay? Where did you get the money to buy all this food?” Chanyeol asks.

 

Sungyeol groans and starts to stuff his face with noodles and a few vegetables again.

 

“I told you already! I found a job that way better than the one you recommended!” Sungyeol says.

 

“A better job, huh? Then why are you wearing this kind of clothing that makes you look as pretty as a berry, huh?” Chanyeol says, tugging at Sungyeol’s coat and knitted sweater.

 

Sungyeol looks down on his pink sweater and smiles but Chanyeol gasps out as an idea suddenly crosses his mind.

 

“Sungyeol-ah! Don’t tell me that your job is…is…I can’t say it! Sungyeol, are you…?”

 

Chanyeol is looking at him with wide accusing eyes but Sungyeol, being the innocent idiot he is, just blinks at his accusation.

 

“What do you think is my job, Channie?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“A…Are you…are you selling your body?” Chanyeol says, voice barely above a whisper and making Sungyeol lean in close to hear.

 

Sungyeol leans back in shock and glares at his friend.

 

“I can’t believe that you think of me that lowly, Channie! How could you?! That’s not my job at all!” Sungyeol squeals.

 

Chanyeol lets out a sigh of relief and starts digging in.

 

“Then what’s your job?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“I can’t tell you. The more your know, the more that you’re going to get hurt!” Sungyeol says.

 

“Are you some kind of a spy, Sungyeollie?”

 

“No, I’m not. But I can assure you that it doesn’t involve selling any part of my body.”

 

“Hey, I’m not some kind of a ert! I didn’t say anything about you selling any part of your body.”

 

Sungyeol frowns at his friend and shakes his head.

 

“Pft, as if! I know what you’re thinking, Chanyeol-ah. Anyway, is—“

 

Sungyeol jumps a little when the phone on the table suddenly rings. He pouts when he sees the name on the screen.

 

Madame

 

“Poor Madame, she doesn’t have any idea that her man is deceiving her,” Sungyeol says.

 

“What? What are you saying, Yeol? Who’s deceiving who?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“This Madame is being deceived by the gigolo that owns this cellphone. I don’t know what kind of spell that he casted on her for her to act this way! She kept on calling and calling and calling! Aish, love can really destroy people,” Sungyeol says.

 

Chanyeol does not understand what Sungyeol is saying so he just shrugs and starts digging in the food on the table when the phone stops ringing.

 

“Are you spending the night here later?” Chanyeol asks.

 

“Yes, I am~ my debts are all paid, anyway! Those goons cannot harass me anymore,” Sungyeol cheers.

 

“You seriously got all of your debts paid already?! What is your job, Sungyeol?!” Chanyeol asks.

 

“Ya, I told you! I can’t let you in on too much info! It’ll be dangerous! Just trust that I am not doing anything indecent…well…at least not in that way.”

 

Chanyeol gives Sungyeol a lingering stare before averting his attention back on the food in front of him. The phone suddenly rings again and Sungyeol lets out a deep sigh.

 

“Sungyeol, why don’t you just answer it and tell the Madame that her boy toy is the one playing her?” Chanyeol says.

 

Sungyeol gasps and shakes his head, eyes wide as the full moon.

 

“I would never! I would never do the honors of breaking the lady’s heart, Chanyeol! Besides, she’s going to think that I seduced her man!” Sungyeol says.

 

“Whatever, suit yourself,” Chanyeol snorts.

 

The phone stops ringing only to start ringing once again and Sungyeol wants to pull his hair off his head in annoyance.

 

“I should really return this phone to that guy!” Sungyeol says, grabbing the phone from the table and snitching it in his pocket.

 

 

~ O ~

 

           Woohyun pouts when Lee Sungyeol once again turns down his call. He could hear his mother talking in the background but he couldn’t care any less. He has to get in contact with the cutie as soon as possible so that he could also set up a date with him as soon as possible. With a sigh, he once again presses the call button and presses the device flush to his ear.

 

“This hotel had been found by your grandfather and he wants the two of you to manage it. But it seems like you are the only one managing it, Myungsoo. I don’t like you thinking that Woohyun-ah is neglecting his responsibilities to this hotel, so from now on, Woohyun is going to make sure that he helps you with the hotel, right, Woohyun-ah?”

 

At the mention of his name, Woohyun looks up and sees that his cousin, Myungsoo, and his mother are looking at him. Myungsoo is looking at him with an amused expression while his mother is looking at him with a stern smile.

 

“What? I didn’t quite hear what you said, mom,” Woohyun says.

 

“Well, maybe if you weren’t too busy calling someone using my phone then you would’ve heard what we were talking about for the past half an hour!” Mrs. Nam yells, finally losing her temper.

 

Woohyun drops the call and places the phone safe in his pocket.

 

“Aw, come on, mom. I’m sorry, okay? It’s just that this person I am calling is very, very, very cute and it is very essential that I get in contact with him immediately,” Woohyun says.

 

Mrs. Nam looks at Woohyun with wide angry eyes before standing up.

 

“Myungsoo, I give up on this useless cousin of yours, so you go talk to him! Make sure he’s going to get his in the office first thing tomorrow or I’ll have the both of you grilled like pigs!” Mrs. Nam shouts before stomping out of the hotel restaurant.

 

Woohyun blinks as he follows his mother’s figure with his eyes. When she’s completely gone, Woohyun snickers and looks at Myungsoo.

 

“That was so funny, Myungsoo-ah! As if she could really grill us up like pigs!” Woohyun says, laughing as if it’s the joke of the century.

 

Myungsoo just continues to stare at Woohyun’s laughing figure until the latter notices that his cousin is watching him with a stoic face. Woohyun gradually stops laughing and when he finally does, he pretends to wipe an imaginary tear of joy at the corner of his eye.

 

“I haven’t had a good laugh in a while…that was good,” Woohyun muses to himself, trying to catch his breath.

 

“Woohyun hyung, you have got to start being serious in life,” Myungsoo says, effectively catching his cousin’s attention.

 

“And what? Be like you? I get that you’re a very successful man Myungsoo and you’re still so young but I prefer to be happy and free,” Woohyun says, brushing back his bangs.

 

“Seriously, hyung, aunt looks genuinely worried and at the same time stressed about your future. She’s doing this not to strangle you or limit your ‘freedom’. She’s doing this so that you’ll have a nice life,” Myungsoo says.

 

Woohyun sighs and takes out his mother’s phone to call Sungyeol again.

 

“Ah, I’ve heard this for like a million times from mother already. Myung, please, you’re supposed to be the cool cousin here and not one of her minions. I thought you were on my side…aish, why isn’t he picking up?!” Woohyun says while the phone is pressed against his ear.

 

Myungsoo blinks at Woohyun but just laughs in disbelief at the behavior of his cousin. Woohyun’s right. He’s not Mrs. Nam’s minion and he’s not supposed to be lecturing his older cousin. Myungsoo gets distracted when Woohyun groans once again and looks at the screen of the phone before dialing again.

 

“Who are you pursuing this time, hyung?” Myungsoo curiously asks.

 

“Ah, it’s a secret. But I assure you that this one’s really, really cute,” Woohyun says with a wink at the end of his sentence.

 

“Uh-huh? Some girl that you’re going to wreck again?” Myungsoo says.

 

“No, I think this one’s different and it’s not a girl. He’s pretty but he’s not a girl. Every time I see him, he seems like a different person. He’s a mystery and I’m going crazy with curiosity,” Woohyun says.

 

Myungsoo shakes his head with a smile.

 

“Beware of mysterious people, hyung. They’re the most dangerous ones,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Don’t you get it, Myungsoo? That makes it more exciting! Damn, this cutie’s playing too hard to get. Why isn’t he answering my calls…”

 

“Just give him a text message. Anyway, I have to go now. Good luck in pursuing that mysterious cutie. Make sure he’s not some kind of a e or a syndicate or whatever.”

 

Woohyun merely nods at Myungsoo as he continues to dial the number and praying that Sungyeol would pick up. With one last shake of his head, Myungsoo leaves his cousin alone.

 

~ O ~

 

            Sungyeol checks himself out in the mirror and chuckles softly as his fingers run through the soft fur that is wrapped around his lithe form. He badly wants to twirl in front of the mirror because he wants to see the coat flutter around his figure beautifully but he firmly fights back the urge as he sees Chanyeol giving him judging looks from time to time as he works on a costumer’s tattoo.

 

“Ah, Lee Sungyeol, look at you! You’re dressed not only fashionably but also warmly! Remember that this is just one day after being with Kim Myungsoo…what more if you stick to him longer?” Sungyeol says to himself, a bright smile painting his lips.

 

But his bright smile immediately falters when the blasted phone that Nam Woohyun gave him sounded again. He gives it a glance and realizes that a text message was sent.

 

“Hm, I should probably see what this woman has to say…” Sungyeol says, hand reaching out for the device.

 

Cutie, please meet me at Lif Bistro in Hongdae.

             -Woohyun =^O^=

 

Sungyeol blinks after reading the message. So Woohyun was the one who kept on calling using the woman’s phone. Sungyeol shakes his head and judges Woohyun some more in his head but he packs his things up and heads out to meet him anyway. He needs to return the phone, after all.

 

~ O ~

 

            Woohyun rubs his hands together to keep them warm. He has been standing in front of Lif Bistro for quite a while and he doesn’t know what’s taking Sungyeol so long to get there. He begrudgingly thinks of the possibility that the other ignored his text message and he is about to send him another text message but he notices a familiar figure approaching him.

 

“Hey there, cutie. What took you so long?” Woohyun says when Sungyeol is finally standing in front of him.

 

Sungyeol rolls his eyes before ing the borrowed phone onto Woohyun’s chest.

 

“Please stop calling me cutie. Don’t contact me anymore to ask for dates or any kind of meeting. You already have someone…” Sungyeol glances over Woohyun’s shoulder to look at the luxury car that the man is leaning on.

 

“That expensive car was bought to you by the madam from a while ago, right?” Sungyeol says.

 

“Uh, yeah, you’re right,” Woohyun says, blinking in confusion.

 

Sungyeol shakes his head.

 

“Please love that woman a lot and stop flirting with other people, Woohyun-shi. I hope that this is the last time that we meet each other,” Sungyeol says, face void of any emotion.

 

Woohyun, dumbfounded, watches Sungyeol walk away from him as his mind quickly turns to put the latter’s confusing words together. When he finally gets what Sungyeol is talking about, he chuckles and grabs the other by the wrist.

 

“Sungyeol-shi, wait a minute. I think you misunderstood everything!” Woohyun says.

 

A frown makes its way on Sungyeol’s face and he tries to free himself from Woohyun’s grip but the latter grips tighter.

 

“It’s true that the phone that I lent you was given to me by that woman, the car was also given by her and almost everything that I own was bought using her money but that isn’t because she’s my lover!” Woohyun says.

 

“I know this kind of relationship, Woohyun-shi. You don’t label each other but—“

 

“No, no, no, cutie. It’s not like that at all! That woman’s my mother!” Woohyun says.

 

He watches in amusement how Sungyeol’s expression turns from anger to confusion and now, his face is tinted red with embarrassment at the false accusation.

 

“Are you telling the truth?” Sungyeol asks.

 

Woohyun laughs and nods.

 

“She’s my mother and you can ask her if you like!” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol repeatedly bows and apologizes to Woohyun.

 

“I’m so sorry, Woohyun-shi! It was so wrong of me to think of such a nice man like you that way! I’m so sorry! I’m really sorry!” Sungyeol apologizes.

 

Woohyun pouts as he pretends to think.

 

“Hm, I don’t know. I’m really upset that you thought of me that way!” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol gasps and hangs his head low.

 

“I’m really sorry…what can I do for you not to be upset anymore?” Sungyeol asks in a small voice.

 

“You can have your very first lunch date with me here,” Woohyun says, gesturing towards the restaurant behind them.

 

Sungyeol looks at the restaurant and recognizes it as one of the most popular restaurants in Hongdae. The restaurant is known for it’s exquisitely delicious dishes. At the mere thought of delicious food, Sungyeol feels his stomach growling with hunger despite him already eating two servings of noodles a while ago. With a gulp, he agrees and lets Woohyun pull him into the restaurant.

 

~ O ~

 

“Sungyeol-shi, don’t eat too fast! You’re going to choke,” Woohyun chuckles at the cuteness of the man in front of him.

 

After hearing what Woohyun said, Sungyeol swallows the food inside his mouth and bows apologetically.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m like this when I’m embarrassed…” Sungyeol mumbles, looking at Woohyun with his droopy eyes.

 

“What are you embarrassed about? Hey, are you embarrassed of being with me?” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen and he frantically shakes his head in denial.

 

“No, no, no! I’m not embarrassed of being with you! It’s just that…I was so stupid to think so badly about you. I feel embarrassed because you probably think that I have a dirty mind now. I feel really bad and I can’t meet your eyes and I just…I’m just so sorry, Woohyun-shi,” Sungyeol says, the words flying out of his mouth a mile a minute.

 

Woohyun snickers and reaches out to ruffle Sungyeol’s hair.

 

“Ah, you’re embarrassed because of that? Don’t worry, I completely understand. These things happen and it’s inevitable for people to make mistakes, so just eat comfortably, cutie,” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol blushes a little when Woohyun winks at him. Not knowing how to respond to that, Sungyeol just gives him a wide smile. He is expecting that Woohyun will ask him a questions because the latter seems to be really curious to get to know him but to his dismay, Woohyun is just silently staring at him, making the atmosphere even more awkward that it needs to be. Clearing his throat, Sungyeol speaks to lighten the mood.

 

“Isn’t it office hours? H-How come you’re free at this time of the day? Oh, are you self-employed?” he says.

 

“No, I don’t actually have a job. I have a lot of money to spend, so I don’t need to work,” Woohyun says, leaning back on his seat.

 

Sungyeol’s mouth hangs open as he blinks speechlessly at what Woohyun said. Woohyun sees Sungyeol’s reaction after taking a bite of his food he can’t help but raise his brows.

 

“Why? Are you disappointed?” Woohyun asks.

 

“No! I’m just really, really envious. Not all people have the luxury to survive without working their off. Maybe you were a saint or something in your past life that’s why you’re really lucky now…” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun blinks and tilts his head.

 

“Is the cycle of life really like that, Sungyeol-shi?” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol shrugs.

 

“I think so. It’s just what my father tells me,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Hm, then how about those who are really rich but are unhappy with their life?”

 

“Ah, I know this type of people! I know one who is really rich but never smiles. These are the people who are difficult to classify whether they’re lucky or not…but I think it has absolutely nothing to do with the person’s past life!” Sungyeol says, tapping his index finger on his chin as he thinks deeply.

 

“Why is that so?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Because they were already given a big blessing to be born stinky rich. That in itself is already a blessing! They can do whatever they want with their lives with the money that they have! Maybe they’re miserable because they push people away with their personality just like the ahjussi I know who doesn’t smile! He’s very serious, stingy and cold. His personality pushes people away,” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun smiles solemnly at the innocence of the other causing him to easily speak against rich people.

 

‘Not all rich people has the freedom to do whatever they want with their lives,’ Woohyun thinks.

 

“I like your sentiments, Sungyeol-shi…they’re very cute,” Woohyun chuckles.

 

Silence falls upon them until they finish eating they food but when Woohyun finally pays for the bill, the cashier told him that they won a special prize and Sungyeol’s eyes widens as he lets out a gasp.

 

“Omo! Woohyun-shi, you’re really lucky!” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun chuckles at him and turns to the cashier.

 

“What’s my special prize?” he asks.

 

The cashier takes out a box and hands it to Woohyun. Sungyeol follows it with his eyes, mouth still hanging open in awe especially when he sees the elegant packaging of the prize.

 

“Let’s head out and open it in the car,” Woohyun says.

 

“O-okay.”

 

They leave the restaurant and one of the waitresses approaches the cashier.

 

“Hey, I didn’t know that we have a special event! What’s the prize?” the waitress says.

 

“No, we don’t have a special event! The guy asked me to pretend that they won so he could give his boyfriend a new cellphone! He’s so cool, right?” the cashier says.

 

“Wow, I wish my boyfriend is as cool as that!”

 

~ O ~

 

            Sungyeol’s mouth opens even wider and his wide eyes twinkle even more when Woohyun opens the box.

 

“Wow, it’s a cellphone…it’s the latest brand…wow…I…it’s more expensive than my life…” Sungyeol thoughtlessly mumbles.

 

Woohyun smirks as he looks at Sungyeol who seems to be hypnotized by the smartphone.

 

“I know, right? It’s the latest model and I heard that this color is limited edition. But it’s a pity…I really like my phone right now and I can’t possibly own two phones,” Woohyun says, still looking at Sungyeol with a smirk.

 

“Ah, it’s indeed a pity. You can auction it off to the internet. I’m sure a lot of people would be interested,” Sungyeol says, eyes still glued at the phone and Woohyun thinks that the other would drool any moment.

 

“Hm, that’s a nice way to dispose it but I don’t think I could sell it at a reasonable price there,” Woohyun says.

 

“Maybe you could sell it to some store or something…” Sungyeol mumbles.

 

“Hm, I guess I could do that,” Woohyun says, closing the box.

 

Sungyeol sighs when the box was closed, making him unable to see the beauty of the smartphone. Woohyun chuckles at the expression and decides to stop making Sungyeol drool after the smartphone.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, do you want to have it?” Woohyun asks, holding out the box to Sungyeol.

 

“Really?!” Sungyeol shouts, looking like a kid receiving his gift from Santa.

 

Woohyun nods and Sungyeol squeals in delight as he grabs the box from the other and hugs it close to his chest.

 

~ O ~

 

“Wow, look, Woohyun-shi! Our picture came out really well! We look good! Thank you so much for this! I will treat you out next time that we meet!” Sungyeol says, distractedly tapping away on his phone.

 

“Really? When would our next date be?” Woohyun asks, smiling hopefully at Sungyeol.

 

“Uh, I have a little problem right now, so it would be a little difficult to set a definite day for it! But don’t worry, I won’t runaway from you! I’ll definitely treat you in the future!” Sungyeol says.

 

“What’s you problem? Is it a family problem? Do you need any help?” Woohyun asks.

 

Sungyeol nervously laughs and shakes his head.

 

“Just a little misunderstanding. Heh, I think it’s time for me to go back to my duty to my family,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Aigoo, Lee Sungyeol, the more that I get close to you, the more that you are getting even more mysterious,” Woohyun says.

 

“That’s why you’ll get hurt if you get closer to me,” Sungyeol winks before walking forward to cross the street.

 

“I don’t mind getting hurt if it means getting closer to you,” Woohyun chuckles.

 

Sungyeol does not reply and continues to walk across the street without paying attention. Woohyun pulls him back and holds him close to his chest when a car almost runs over Sungyeol. Sungyeol blinks in shock and notices the close proximity between him and Woohyun. He clears his throat and pulls away.

 

“Th-that was scary…I almost died,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Good thing I saved you!” Woohyun reprimands.

 

“Yeah, thank you, Woohyun-shi…but what were you saying earlier?” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun shakes his head.

 

“Nothing…just be careful so you won’t get hurt, cutie.”

 

“O-okay, thanks again…”

 

“It’s getting quite late. Let me drive you home,” Woohyun suggests.

 

“Well, I can’t refuse a free ride home from you,” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun smiles and holds Sungyeol’s hand as they walk towards where they parked their car. Their attention is caught as they pass by a television shop where a group of teenage girls are crowded in front. On the television, the famous idol, Lee Sungjong, is being showed on the news for being the most successful Korean artist in Europe. The news is announcing that the idol is going to film a reality show this month in order for his fans to get to know him better. Sungyeol smiles as idol’s voice fills his ears but Woohyun sighs in disbelief beside him.

 

“Doesn’t he know that by appearing more on the television, he is torturing someone even more?” Woohyun says, shaking his head.

 

“Huh? Who is Lee Sungjong torturing?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“Just some man I know whom he abandoned to pursue his career as an idol. Sungjong-shi doesn’t realize that it’s a hundred and a thousand times more painful for that poor man to see him succeeding and being happy without him. It’s important to win that man’s heart than winning any music award,” Woohyun shrugs, eyes still casted upon the television screen.

 

“Did they break up because the guy doesn’t want Sungjong-shi to become an idol?” Sungyeol says.

 

“Hm, something like that…”

 

“Well, the guy is a bit shallow, don’t you think? If he really loves Sungjong-shi, then he wouldn’t break up with him just because of something like that. Instead, he should’ve been more supportive as a boyfriend,” Sungyeol says.

 

“But, Sungyeol-shi, you see, Lee Sungjong abandoned the guy that I know when he needed him the most. The guy kind of got into a slump and was asking Sungjong to stay with him for a little while but things didn’t happen that way,” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol nods.

 

“Then, in that case, I think that the person who is more shallow is Sungjong-shi. I feel bad for his boyfriend,” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun opens his mouth to reply but Sungyeol’s new smartphone rings and he immediately picks it up.

 

“Oh? Director Kim! I’ve been trying to contact you! Why weren’t you picking up?! I got a new phone! I—“

 

Sungyeol shuts up when Myungsoo starts to speak on the other line, voice sounding solemn and urgent.

 

“I need you to come to the hospital now. I’ll text you the exact location of the hospital. You’re going to meet grandfather,” Myungsoo says on the other line.

 

“Tonight?! At this hour?!” Sungyeol says.

 

“Hurry over, Sungyeol-shi.”

 

With that being said, Myungsoo hangs up.

 

“Woohyun-shi, I need to go now!” Sungyeol says, starting to walk towards the curb to flag down a taxi.

 

“Why? Is there any problem?” Woohyun asks, following Sungyeol.

 

“Something came up with my…family. I need to go,” Sungyeol says.

 

Sungyeol waves his hand and the empty taxi heads towards his direction.

 

“Wait, wait, if it’s something urgent, then let me drive you there!” Woohyun says.

 

“No, it’s okay. I’ll do fine,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Wait! When are we going to see each other again?” Woohyun asks, holding Sungyeol by the wrist.

 

“I’m not yet sure. But I’ll contact you if everything’s sorted out. Thank you very much for today, Woohyun-shi!” Sungyeol says, getting inside the cab.

 

Woohyun dejectedly watches the cab drive away and he debates to himself if he should quickly get his car and follow Sungyeol or to give the other space and just wait for him to contact him. But as the cab gets farther and farther away, Woohyun shakes his head with a laugh.

 

“Next time, cutie. Next time. I won’t let you slip through my fingers without a kiss goodbye on those sinful lips of yours.”

 

~ O ~

 

            Sungyeol hurries as he tries to push his way past the clutter of media gathered in front of the hospital. He doesn’t know why there are so many reporters scattered around but he knows that there is an important person in the hospital because the security outside the hospital seems like the president of South Korea is in. Whoever it might be, he sure is important since everyone seems to be busy running to and fro around the lobby.

 

“Excuse me, why are there too many cars outside? Is the president here?” Sungyeol asks a bystander.

 

“Yes, indeed. The president of Woollim Hotel is here!” the bystander says.

 

“Woollim Hotel?!”

 

“Yes…why do you know him?” the bystander asks, looking suspicious.

 

“I-I am an employee at W-Woollim Hotel…”

 

Before the bystander can ask another question, Sungyeol walks away, mind thinking frantically. He stops dead on his tracks as the puzzle pieces start to fit in with one another. He blinks a little before a pang of realization hits him.

 

If Myungsoo is the director of Woollim…then his grandfather…is…the…president?!

 

Sungyeol gasps loudly as he looks around, seeing no one but important looking business people. He walks around until he bumps into someone. He immediately starts to apologize but he realizes that it’s Howon that he bumped into.

 

“Sungyeol-shi, director Kim is already waiting. Please follow me,” Howon says with a bow.

 

“Howon-shi…I don’t think I can do this!” Sungyeol says.

 

“What do you mean, Sungyeol-shi?” Howon says.

 

“Please…please tell Myungsoo-shi that I’m sorry. I’ll repay him for everything that he gave to me. But I just can’t do this,” Sungyeol says.

 

He starts to walk away and is about to exit through the main doors of the hospital but someone stops him. He looks back only to be met by Kim Myungsoo’s cold eyes.

 

~ O ~

 

“I can’t do this, Myungsoo-shi!” Sungyeol says when Myungsoo drags him into the parking lot.

 

“What do you mean you cannot do this?! We had a deal. You agreed and I already did my half of the deal. Now, it’s your turn to do your half!” Myungsoo says.

 

“I didn’t know that your grandfather is the president of Woollim Hotel! I could not lie to a person who is that powerful! I can’t get into more trouble!” Sungyeol says.

 

Myungsoo rubs his face in frustration and walks closer to the other in order to intimidate him.

 

“I am the director of Woollim but that didn’t stop you from lying to me! I could’ve done the same things to you. Why are you suddenly acting like a wet puppy now?”

 

Sungyeol sighs and looks down.

 

“I just can’t, okay? I don’t want to do this. I’ll just repay you for everything. I’m really sorry for backing out at the very last minute,” Sungyeol says.

 

He starts to walk away but Myungsoo catches him by the wrist again.

 

“Lee Sungyeol…please…please,” Myungsoo begs.

 

Sungyeol shakes his head and pulls his wrist from Myungsoo’s. With one last look at the other he walks out of the parking lot.

 

Author’s Notes: I updated! Yey! Sorry for the slow progress of the story and I know that there are a lot of typos and other errors! Christmas break starts tomorrow so a new chapter might come soon! Thanks for all the upvotes, comments and subscribes!! See you next time!