015: FEELINGS

My Owl

015:

FEELINGS

                  Myungsoo and Sungjong are now talking inside the car while Sungyeol sits in the backseat. He tries so hard not to eavesdrop to their conversation but it’s so hard not to when the atmosphere is very quiet. He looks up from his lap and sees that Sungjong and Myungsoo are talking with happy and sweet smiles on their faces. He looks down, feeling that familiar ache in his heart again. 

Ya, Lee Sungyeol, you shouldn’t feel bad when good things are happening to other people!’ Sungyeol internally scolds himself. 

Unconsciously, he is hitting himself on the chest to try and make the pain go away but his attempt is futile.

 

“Sungyeol, what are you doing?”

 

Sungyeol jumps upon hearing his name being called. He abruptly looks up, eyes wide open.

 

“N-nothing…I was just. Nothing really. I’m really happy for the two of you but I think that I should really go now so that the two of you can enjoy each other’s company,” Sungyeol says.

 

“But what about our lunch together?” Myungsoo asks, furrowing his brows.

 

“Nah, it’s alright. We can have lunch some other time. Right now, you should be with Sungjong-shi. I’ll be going now! Have fun!” Sungyeol says, quickly making his way out of the car.

 

“Are you sure, Sungyeol-ah?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Goodbye!”

 

With that being said, Sungyeol closes the door and waves as Myungsoo starts to drive out of the parking lot. Sungyeol turns away from the car and looks around him to see what he could do on this boring day. He could go back to the mansion and catch up on sleep but that would be very unlike him.

 

“Chanyeol! I should call him and ask him to go to Hongdae with me!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

Sungyeol reaches out to his pocket for his phone but when he feels nothing, he frantically feels his pants but there’s no sign of his cellphone. Remembering that he left it on the dashboard of Myungsoo’s car, he lets out a gasp and starts chasing after Myungsoo’s car that’s about to exit.

 

“Myungsoo, my dear cousin! Myungsoo! Myungsoo!” Sungyeol yells as he runs as fast as he could to the moving vehicle.

 

No matter how fast he runs, the car is faster and soon, Sungyeol is out of breath. Just when he’s about to give up, the car comes to a stop. Sungyeol quickly runs to it and knocks on the driver’s window.

 

“What is it?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“Phone…dashboard…left…it…slipped…out…of…my…mind…” Sungyeol huffs, trying to catch his breath.

 

Myungsoo gives him his phone with an amused smile on his handsome face.

 

“Thanks…you…go…enjoy!” Sungyeol says, still trying to catch his breath.

 

Even though Myungsoo is finding the sight very funny, he still can’t help but feel sorry to the giant owl for being ditched for the second time, so he tries to get him to join them again.

 

“You know, you can join us. I won’t mind you being the third wheel,” Myungsoo chuckles.

 

Sungyeol shakes his head as he breathes heavily.

 

“No…it’s…okay! I’ll call…Chanyeollie. You should…enjoy! Bye bye! Go, go, go!” Sungyeol says, looking silly.

 

Sungyeol makes a weird waving gesture before storming away as he dials a number on his phone. Myungsoo is chuckling as he follows Sungyeol’s figure with his eyes.

 

“He’s just so funny, don’t you think, Sungjong-ah?” Myungsoo laughs, turning to Sungjong.

 

Sungjong stares at Myungsoo blankly but seeing that he’s very amused by the act of his cousin, Sungjong decides to fake a laugh.

 

~ O ~

 

“Nam Woohyun! You are now Woollim’s Director of Foreign Development! How could you carelessly fall asleep at a very important meeting and make a fool out of yourself at the end?!”

 

Woohyun winces at the sound of his mother’s high-pitched voice. He pinches the bridge of his nose and shakes his head in annoyance.

 

“It’s not my fault that his presentation was such a bore! And for the record, I didn’t make a fool out of myself. I merely clapped and told him that he did a great job. That’s what you call covering up, mother,” Woohyun says.

 

Mrs. Nam scoffs and starts to lecture him on and on and on about responsibility and some other things that Woohyun is so tired of hearing. He just wishes that the elevator would soon arrive so that he could quickly get out of this place and away from his nagging mother.

 

“How could you even afford to be like this? Half of this hotel is yours but right now, Myungsoo is getting all the recognition because he’s doing such a great job! Do you think there will be anything left for you in the future?!” Mrs. Nam says.

 

“Let him do the work and I’ll just slack off like I always do,” Woohyun sighs.

 

Mrs. Nam shouts at him but even before she continues to scold him, the elevator doors open and Lee Sungjong is emerging from them, a smile making its on his face as he recognizes Woohyun.

 

“Woohyun-shi! It’s really you! It’s been a long time! It’s nice to see you here!” Sungjong says, too enthusiastic for Woohyun’s liking.

 

“It’s really been a long time but you act like we’re still close. If you’re looking for Myungsoo, he’s in his office. We’ll be going now.”

 

Sungjong is frozen on the spot as Woohyun walks past him and enters the elevator. Woohyun is a sweet guy and he is one of Sungjong’s favorite people in the world. When Myungsoo and Sungjong first dated, Woohyun was very supportive of their relationship. Whenever the couple would want to do something together but they’re both too busy to plan it, Woohyun would be their planner. He’s the mind behind the best dates of Myungsoo and Sungjong. In addition to that, the man had always been protective of Sungjong and would defend him when the couple had arguments, so the hostility that Woohyun displayed towards him just moments ago is really surprising.

 

Upon arriving in Myungsoo’s office, Sungjong is greeted by a warm smile coming from his boyfriend who is sitting behind the piles of papers on his desk. Sungjong does not return the smile and instead, he huffs and pouts as he slumps on the couch in the office.

 

“What’s the matter?” Myungsoo asks, sitting beside Sungjong.

 

“I bumped into Woohyun a while ago and he acted so cold towards me,” Sungjong complains.

 

Myungsoo raises a brow at that.

 

“Really? What did he say?” Myungsoo says.

 

“He implied that I’m acting all buddy buddy with him when in reality, we’re not close anymore. Ah, I know that we lost contact for a long time, but Woohyun is a really great friend and I don’t want him to be mad at me, Soo! I don’t want him to treat me that way!” Sungjong continues, crossing his arm in front of his chest to complete the sulking look.

 

“He really did that? That little git,” Myungsoo chuckles, shaking his head.

 

Sungjong sighs and leans his head on Myungsoo’s shoulder as he intertwines their fingers together.

 

“I’m sorry for coming here just to complain. I know that you’re very busy and that you don’t need additional headaches,” Sungjong softly says.

 

“No, it’s alright. I miss your sulking,” Myungsoo says, planting a kiss on top of the other’s head.

 

“I was on my way to the restaurant to meet a representative of this famous shoe brand. They wanted to hire me as an endorser,” Sungjong says.

 

“That’s great, Sungjong-ah,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Okay, I’m done complaining now. I’ll go leave you alone now. See you at dinner later?” Sungjong says.

 

“Alright, I’ll see you. Oh, and don’t worry about Woohyun. I’ll talk to him.”

 

Sungjong nods with a laugh before he kisses Myungsoo goodbye.

 

~ O ~

 

“I am not going to treat Sungjong like I used to as if nothing happened,” Woohyun says as soon as he sits beside Myungsoo in the bar.

 

Myungsoo chuckles as he quietly swishes his drink inside his glass.

 

“I’m not even saying anything yet,” Myungsoo says.

 

Woohyun orders his drink before looking at Myungsoo with raised brows.

 

“I know that you didn’t just call me out for no reason, Myungsoo-ah,” Woohyun says.

 

“Well, I’m going out with Sungjong-ah again. We’ve decided to leave the past behind us and start over,” Myungsoo says, sipping his drink.

 

“Love really makes a fool out of the most brilliant people. When he hurts you again, I promise to rub it on your face,” Woohyun scoffs.

 

“I guess I’m really a fool for him. But the point is, we’re dating again, so please be nicer and warmer to him. Don’t treat him cold, Woohyun-ah,” Myungsoo says.

 

“If your heart is already warm towards him, he wouldn’t feel my coldness towards him,” Woohyun says.

 

Myungsoo only stares at Woohyun with a stoic expression in his mind. It seems like Woohyun is really adamant to not treating Sungjong as good as he used to but Myungsoo can’t really blame him. He understands that Woohyun is just being protective of him.

 

“But don’t worry, I will not ask you to end things with him or get in between your relationship, Myungsoo-ah. Get drunk in your love for him. Bathe in it until you cannot emerge anymore. Savor it like alcohol and enjoy every moment without unnecessary inhibitions. That’s the way to enjoy love,” Woohyun says, teasingly leaning in closer to Myungsoo as he swishes his drink around his glass.

 

“Get drunk in love until I cannot emerge from it anymore? Woohyun-ah, what do you know about love?” Myungsoo scoffs.

 

“Hey, are you insulting my knowledge about love? Sometimes, playboys like me know more about love than people like you,” Woohyun says.

 

Myungsoo shakes his head as he takes another sip from his glass. He furrows his brows together in confusion when he sees Sungyeol enter the club. Sungyeol looks around the club as if he’s searching for someone and this only raises Myungsoo’s curiosity.

 

“What is he doing here?” Myungsoo asks to himself.

 

“Who?” Woohyun asks, looking at where Myungsoo is looking.

 

“Oh, Sungyeol. I invited him to join us,” Woohyun shrugs.

 

“Sungyeol-ah! Here!” Woohyun calls out, waving his hand to get Sungyeol’s attention.

 

“Why did you invite that annoying owl?” Myungsoo asks as he watches Sungyeol enthusiastically wave back and make his way to where they are.

 

“He’s not annoying! I cannot just drink with someone boring like you, so I invited someone fun like Sungyeol,” Woohyun says.

 

“Are you planning to drink with him until you’re both drunk so you can passionately love him?” Myungsoo asks, voice getting lower.

 

“What are you saying?! He’s our cousin, Myungsoo! Do you really think too lowly of me?!” Woohyun says, feigning his disbelief and disgust.

 

“Alright, I was just joking!” Myungsoo chuckles.

 

“Hello, Woohyun-ah, Myungsoo hyung!” Sungyeol cheers, suddenly appearing between the two of them.

 

“Hey, cutie. Sit here and I’ll order you a great drink,” Woohyun says, moving one seat to the left so Sungyeol can sit between him and Myungsoo.

 

“Thank you, Woohyun-ah,” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun nods as he fondly looks at Sungyeol who is observing his surroundings.

 

“Are you new to places like this?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Not really. I used to go out with some friends back in Jeju. This place is just so different from the bars in Jeju. This one isn’t noisy at all…” Sungyeol says.  

 

Sungyeol and Woohyun both turn their heads towards Myungsoo when they hear him chuckling in his seat.

 

“Hey, what are you chuckling about?” Woohyun asks with a raise of his brows.

 

“Nothing, it’s just that our dear little cousin from the province isn’t used to high class bars like this. It’s obviously his first time entering a bar that’s exclusively for the rich,” Myungsoo teases.

 

Woohyun rolls his eyes at Myungsoo’s arrogance but Sungyeol actually looks like he’s considering this.

 

“Well, I guess you're right, Myungsoo hyung. Rich people aren’t roudy and noisy when they get drunk after all,” Sungyeol muses.

 

Woohyun reaches over to mess with Sungyeol’s hair once again, softly squealing about how adorable Sungyeol is. Soon, the drink that Woohyun ordered for Sungyeol arrives and the latter can’t help but down it in one gulp despite the liquid having a burning sensation.

 

“Whoa, didn’t know you’re a great drinker, Sungyeol-ah,” Woohyun comments.

 

“Slow down, will you? Rich people don’t drink cocktails like shots,” Myungsoo says.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just so delicious! Woohyunnie hyung, could you please order another glass for me?” Sungyeol says, looking up at Woohyun with twinkling eyes.

 

Myungsoo scoffs as Woohyun falls for Sungyeol’s trick and orders another one. Two glasses become three and soon it becomes five. Myungsoo notices how Sungyeol becomes flushed as he talks a mile faster and giggles a bit louder. He notices how Sungyeol leans too close to Woohyun everytime he whispers something to his ears. Myungsoo frowns at the giggling men sitting next to him. He clears his throat not because he’s feeling left out but because he wants to bring them out of their own world before they start kissing.

 

“I’m still here, you know!” Myungsoo says, pulling Sungyeol away from Woohyun by the back of his shirt.

 

Sungyeol whines and clings onto Woohyuns arms as he glares at Myungsoo.

 

“It’s rude pulling people with the back of their shirts!” Sungyeol says, his lips twisting into a pout.

 

“It’s okay, Yeollie, Woohyun hyung will protect you from that rude hyung. Would you want some more of that cocktail?” Woohyun says in his greasy voice.

 

Sungyeol pulls on a very cute face as he nods like a child to Woohyun’s question. Woohyun laughs and raises his hand to call the bartender once again but Myungsoo holds him down.

 

“No more drinks! Sungyeol is obviously tipsy already,” Myungsoo reprimands.

 

Woohyun clicks his tongue and playfully glares at Myungsoo.

 

“Eish, you just have to be a kill joy, huh, Myungsoo-yah? Just let our little Sungyeollie have more fun with Woohyunnie hyung!” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol hums in approval and smirks at Myungsoo who glares back at him.

 

“Ya, Lee Sungyeol, you are not going to drink anything above two glasses of any alcohol when you’re around, Nam Woohyun! Do you understand?!” Myungsoo says, pointing a finger at Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol looks at the finger like a child, making him look crossed-eye.

 

“Why not?” Sungyeol pouts.

 

“Why not? Tch, if you would like to keep your ity intact, you wouldn’t want to get drunk in Woohyun’s presence. He’s a player, Sungyeollie,” Myungsoo scoffs.

 

Woohyun thumps Myungsoo on the forehead, making the latter yelp in both pain and surprise.

 

“Ya! What do you think of me? Sungyeollie is our precious little cousin! How dare you let your erted mind think that I’m going to do such things to him?! Besides, I’m not a player!” Woohyun defends himself.

 

The two cousins continue to bicker, Myungsoo insisting that he’s a player while Woohyun is constantly denying it. They are so immersed in bickering that they don’t notice that Sungyeol is already asleep on Woohyun’s shoulder. They don’t notice until Sungyeol falls forward on the bar counter, mumbling something about pink and coffee.

 

“Great, now he fell asleep. I still have things to do in the office. I’m going to have to drag him back to the office before I can bring him home,” Myungsoo sulks.

 

“I’ll drive him home,” Woohyun quickly offers.

 

Myungsoo immediately shakes his head.

 

“No, you can’t! I’ll just ask Howon to bring him home!” Myungsoo says.

 

“I said I’ll drive him home! Why bother Howon at this time of the night when you have me?” Woohyun frowns.

 

“No, absolutely not, Woohyun! I can’t let you bring him home,” Myungsoo says.

 

“And why the hell not?!” Woohyun demands.

 

“Because you’re a ert!” Myungsoo replies.

 

Woohyun lets out a sigh and shakes his head.

 

“Myungsoo…what makes you think that I’m going to take advantage of Sungyeol? He’s our little cousin for ’s sake! Do you really think too poorly of me?” Woohyun asks.

 

Myungsoo looks at Woohyun who seems like he’s hurt by Myungsoo’s assumption. He averts his attention to Sungyeol who looks like a fragile angel sleeping on the bar counter so peacefully and he just can’t bring himself to trust Woohyun, or anyone in particular (not even Howon), to drive him home because he’s scared that something would happen to him.

 

What the hell do you care, Kim Myungsoo? He’s just the annoying giant idiot in your life, right?

 

Myungsoo frowns at his thoughts but he can’t help but agree.

 

Grandfather will rip your head off if something happens to Sungyeol.

 

Myungsoo nods in agreement. Yes, he can’t let just anyone to take Sungyeol home because grandfather will surely kill him if anything bad happens to the giant idiot.

 

“Earth to Myungsoo!” Woohyun says, thumping Myungsoo once again.

 

“You don’t have to take him home, Woohyun hyung. I can manage,” Myungsoo says.

 

Woohyun frowns and shakes his head.

 

“Fine, suit yourself. But don’t you dare bring him to the office with you. You bet—“

 

Woohyun is cut off by Myungsoo’s phone going off. Myungsoo picks it up as soon as he sees that it’s Sungjong.

 

“Sungjong-ah? Oh…what?! Are you okay?! No, I’ll go there! I’m on my way!”

 

Myungsoo hangs up and bites his lips as he looks at Woohyun and sungyeol.

 

“Sungjong injured his wrist and he’s at the hospital…” Myungsoo says.

 

“How about Sungyeol, then?” Woohyun asks.

 

“Can…can you drive him home?” Myungsoo asks.

 

Woohyun chuckles.

 

“Of course, I will,” Woohyun says.

 

Myungsoo quickly thanks him and leaves money to pay for their drinks before he leaves in a flash. Woohyun sighs and carries Sungyeol out of the bar and into his car. As he carefully fastens Sungyeol’s seatbelt on the passenger seat, Woohyun can’t help but admire Sungyeol’s beautiful features. To Woohyun, Sungyeol looks even more beautiful up close. Every feature reduces Woohyun into a jumble of emotions and sensations that he never felt before with his past lovers.

 

Woohyun gently caresses Sungyeol’s cheek with the back of his hand, feeling his soft and fluffy cheek. From the moment that he first saw Sungyeol in Jeju Island, Woohyun had been drawn to him. Maybe it’s Sungyeol’s unique ability to still be innocent despite his past records of lying to get money. Maybe it’s Sungyeol’s ability to be amazed even at the most ordinary of things. But Woohyun shakes his head and laughs to himself because he knows deep down that his feelings for Sungyeol cannot be explained with words. It simply existed and bloomed without Woohyun having the slightest clue.

 

“Myungsoo…bad jerk…” Sungyeol suddenly mumbles in his sleep, his head turning to face the window.

 

Woohyun laughs at what Sungyeol said.

 

 “I like you…jerk…I like…Mingsoo…”

 

With those words slipping out of Sungyeol’s mouth, the smile on Woohyun’s face slowly disappears.

 

“That jerk abandoned you as soon as he got a call from Sungjong. Why do you like him?” Woohyun whispers.

 

“Mingsoo…” Sungyeol calls out.

 

“You’ll just get hurt if you continue liking him, Sungyeol-ah,” Woohyun says.

 

Woohyun looks at Sungyeol who starts to snore in his sleep. He starts the car and drives towards the mansion with a heavy heart. 

 

Author's Notes: This chapter is uneventful and quite boring...I'm so sorry for taking too long to update! I'm kind of having a block and I'm trying to write it out in this chapter, so it kind of . But I still hope you liked the update! And thank you for the comments and the upvotes! Thank you for subscribing!