006: CUTE LITTLE STRAWBERRY

My Owl

006

CUTE LITTLE STRAWBERRY

“Please be my lost cousin. Be my lost cousin.”

 

Sungyeol blinks in confusion because of the words that Myungsoo is uttering. No matter how hard he tries, Sungyeol cannot make sense of what Myungsoo said. His eyes widen even more when he notices that Myungsoo is looking at him with such intensity that he almost looks crazy.

 

“Kim Myungsoo-shi? Director Kim, are you going crazy? I’m not your cousin,” Sungyeol sighs out.

 

Myungsoo shakes his head, that crazy look on his face remains.

 

“I want you to act like you’re my lost cousin,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol frowns at him and does not reply so Myungsoo moves closer to him and continues speaking.

 

“My grandfather has been looking for his lost grandson for more than a decade already but he’s getting old and is very sickly so he passed me the responsibility to look for him. I’ve been trying for almost two years but I’m not getting anywhere. I can’t even find—“

 

Sungyeol holds up a hand to stop Myungsoo from talking.

 

“You want me to lie to your grandfather so he would stop making you look for your cousin? Director Kim, if you think that I would want to join in your little game of fooling your grandfather just so you can get out of trouble, then you’re wrong. This thing that you’re asking of me is against my conscience!” Sungyeol says.

 

With a sigh, Sungyeol turns away from Myungsoo and starts walking away. Myungsoo watches the latter walk away, the frown on his face deepening.

 

“Conscience? Lee Sungyeol, don’t you go against your conscience all the time? Don’t you love to lie just to get out of trouble? What’s stopping you now?” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol turns around in surprise, showing Myungsoo his shocked expression.

 

“I’m sorry for always lying to you and going against my conscience all the time as well. But didn’t you say that if I’m sorry, I should disappear from your life? I’m really sorry for everything that I did to you, so I’m going to disappear from your life forever. Goodbye and have a nice life,” Sungyeol says, turning around to start walking away again.

 

Myungsoo sees Sungyeol scoffing and mumbling to himself. He knows that he’s asking too much from the other boy but his heart urges him to keep pursuing until Sungyeol finally agrees.

 

“Lee Sungyeol…stay right there! Stop!” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol ignores him and continues walking away and quickens his pace.

 

“I said stop!”

 

Sungyeol lets out a gasp when he feels himself being turned around by Myungsoo. He clicks his tongue and yanks his wrist out of Myungsoo’s grip. He starts to walk away again.

 

“I really need you. I won’t care about your past!”

 

Sungyeol continues to walk away, so Myungsoo utters out the thing that he knows Sungyeol cannot refuse.

 

“I will pay up your fathers debt! All of them!”

 

With that being said, Sungyeol immediately stops in his track but remains turned away from the other man. Myungsoo knows that the other’s resolve is slowly crumbling down because of his offer, so he walks towards Sungyeol and turns him around, making him look at him in the eye.

 

“I’m begging you…won’t you help me?” Myungsoo pleads.

 

Sungyeol blinks at him owlishly and stutters out a reply.

 

“I’ll th-think about i-it,” Sungyeol says.

 

Even though it isn’t the answer that he’s hoping for, Myungsoo thinks that it’s heading towards the answer that he wants, so he nods a little and lets Sungyeol go. He is confident that Lee Sungyeol cannot refuse the offer that he made.

 

“Please do think about it, Lee Sungyeol,” Myungsoo says.

 

Without another word, Myungsoo walks away and Sungyeol decides to walk away as well to the opposite direction. He does not feel like going back to work after everything that Kim Myungsoo said, so Sungyeol decides that it would be better to just walk back to his friend’s house so that he could carefully sort out his thoughts.

 

~ O ~

 

            Sungyeol crazily talks to himself as he trudges through the heavy snowfall. He’s too busy scolding himself to care about his freezing hands or his snot freely falling out from his nostrils.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, what is there to think about, huh?! Kim Myungsoo was already offering to pay up all of Appa’s debt if only you would pretend to be his cousin! Aish, it should be an easy job, right? I just act like I always do and all of our debts would be paid! We could finally live peacefully and normally!” Sungyeol says.

 

He sighs and shakes his head, continuing to walk to his friend’s house.

 

“But if I get caught…I’ll be in more trouble. Yes, I’ll be in more trouble if I agree to fool his grandfather! Director Kim is from a rich family and they can do anything to me once they find out that I fooled them…”

 

Sungyeol carelessly wipes away his snot with the back of his hand like a little kid as he looks up. He can already see his friend’s house but even before he could let out a sigh of relief, he notices a group of men waiting at the front door. Sungyeol squints to get a better look at the men and sees the loan shark pacing while his subordinates are talking among themselves. He lets out a gasp and hides behind a parked truck. His breath starts to quicken in nervousness.

 

“Why are they here? Why did they find me so easily?!” Sungyeol whispers.

 

He takes a peek from behind the truck once again to make sure that his eyes aren’t just fooling him but he sees the group once again, as clear as the day.

 

“What should I do? I can’t run back now…they’ll surely see me,” Sungyeol whispers.

 

To his horror, the truck’s engine starts as if it’s getting ready to leave. The truck moves forward a little but stops. Sungyeol panics, knowing that if the truck leaves, he’s going to get caught. The truck’s engine starts to warm up and he knows that it’s going to leave soon enough. Without thinking, Sungyeol uses his long limbs to climb up to the truck.

 

Sungyeol silently cheers when the truck safely drives him away from the place without the loan sharks seeing him. But his relief is short lived for the nagging feeling in his mind returns.

 

“But where am I going to spend the night? I’m sure that those loan sharks aren’t going to leave without catching me…Aish, I can’t even live peacefully in Seoul for a week. Why can’t heaven give me a break?!”

 

~ O ~

 

            Myungsoo quietly opens the door before stepping inside his grandfather’s hospital room. The room is very warm and cozy but upon hearing the critical beating of the life support machines, he knows that his grandfather is not feeling well at all. He takes in a deep breath before approaching the bed where his grandfather lays struggling to breathe and fight for his life. Myungsoo sits down beside the bed and lets his head fall into his hand.

 

He spoke with the doctor before he went here and they said that it might only be a few weeks before his grandfather’s body completely gives in to his sickness. Myungsoo knows that the old man doesn’t have a lot of time before he passes away and that also means that he doesn’t have much time to fulfill the old man’s wish of seeing his lost grandson before he dies. Asking Lee Sungyeol to pretend that he’s the lost grandson could motivate grandfather to live a little longer and Myungsoo could use that time to look for his lost grandson.

 

He’s not really going to deceive grandfather for a long time. Myungsoo just needs something to distract his grandfather from the self-loathing that is making his health deteriorate at a faster rate.

 

“Myungsoo-yah?”

 

Upon hearing his name being weakly called out by his sick grandfather, Myungsoo looks up with worried eyes only to be met with tired eyes. His heart clenches with every wheeze that his grandfather lets out as he tries to form words despite his ragged breathing.

 

“Grandfather…do you need anything?” Myungsoo worriedly asks.

 

“I’m…I’m not going…to last…any…longer. You need to find your lost little…cousin. If only…I could see him…once and…know that he’s…he’s alright…and…alive…I could go…peacefully. He’s…he’s the only one…I need,” Grandfather says, a few tears slipping from his eyes and landing soundlessly on his pillow.

 

Myungsoo holds his grandfathers hand in his and gives it a light squeeze, a few tears also managing to spill out of his own eyes.

 

“I understand. Grandfather, please…please, hold on a little longer. I’m going to find him and you’re going to see him soon. Please, just hold on a little longer,” Myungsoo sobs.

 

Sungyeol is his only hope as of the moment and he surely wishes that the other would say yes to his offer.

 

~ O ~

 

            A sigh of relief escapes Sungyeol as he feels the hot stones pressed against his tired back and feet. He stretches out his arms above him and wiggles his toes to release more tension in his body.

 

“I’m lucky I still had a few bucks on me or else I’ll freeze to death,” Sungyeol says to himself.

 

After getting away from his friend’s house where the loan shark and his troops were, Sungyeol was brought by the truck to a bathhouse, so here he is; lounging comfortably on the bathhouse’s floor with hot stones relieving the stress on his back and calves. He decided that he could spend a few hours in the bathhouse without paying much and he could relax as well. But he hopes that the loan shark would go away before the bathhouse closes.

 

With his thoughts slowly being pushed at the back of his mind, Sungyeol’s eyes starts to feel heavier and heavier. He’s about to make his way into dreamland but the face of his friend suddenly pops up in his mind. Sungyeol abruptly sits up, eyes almost popping out of their sockets.

 

“The load shark and his hooligans were outside Channie’s house. Is he going to be okay?!” Sungyeol panics.

 

Sungyeol stands up and quickly makes his way to the telephone in the bathhouse. With his frantic hands, he dials his friend’s number. It takes a couple of rings before the deep and husky voice of his friend fills his ear.

 

“Chanyeol-ah! Are you alright?! The loan shark found me! I saw them! I saw them in front of your house! Are you alright?!” Sungyeol worriedly asks.

 

He hears Chanyeol clearing his throat on the other line and Sungyeol’s worry increases.

 

“Where are you?” Chanyeol whispers on the other line.

 

“I’m…I’m somewhere safe, Chanyeol-ah! Don’t worry about me! Are you okay?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“I’m fine but they refuse to go away. They even entered the tattoo shop and demanded for me to give them tattoos even if it’s already closing time. Sung—“

 

“Hey, what’s taking you so long? Is that Lee Sungyeol?”

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen upon hearing the familiar voice in the background.

 

“No, it’s a telemarketer! Sungyeol-ah, don’t come home tonight. Wherever you are just stay there. Bye.”

 

“Wait! Chanyeol?!” Sungyeol calls out but is only met with the dial tone of the telephone.

 

He sighs and falls back on his previous spot, the hot stones not making him feel as relaxed as before.

 

“I’m sorry for bringing trouble, Channie. I’ll repay you someday,” Sungyeol mumbles to himself.

 

He turns on his side and pouts.

 

“I have no more money…I have nowhere to go…what had become of my life?! Lee Sungyeol, you are so pathetic,” Sungyeol complains.

 

With another sigh, Sungyeol turns on his back again before his eyes falls shut and he enters dreamland, mind unconsciously wishing that he would never wake up so his pathetic life could end already.

 

Sungyeol knows that he has been asleep for a while when he suddenly becomes aware of his surroundings but he keeps his eyes shut. He doesn’t want to accept the fact that he woke up and he is still alive and he would be forced to run around to stay out of trouble for one more day.

 

“Sungyeol-ah~” a deep voice sounds above him, causing Sungyeol’s ears to perk up.

 

A groan escapes his mouth when he feels a piece of paper landing on his face, then another lands on his arms and suddenly he feels like he’s being buried under the piece of paper. Sungyeol finally opens his eyes only to see that money bills are surrounding him. He gasps and gathers them close to him as more and more money falls from wherever it’s coming from. Sungyeol gathers more money near him before finally getting curious as to what or who is showering him with money.

 

Sungyeol’s heart beats faster when he is met with the handsome face of Kim Myungsoo who is holding wads of cash in his hand.

 

“Lee Sungyeol, why must you pathetically sleep in a bathhouse when you could accept my offer and lay on a bed of money bills, huh?” Myungsoo asks, moving close to Sungyeol to fan his face with money.

 

Sungyeol hungrily reaches out for the money, which Myungsoo willingly gives him. He holds the money bills close to his face, getting lost in the beautiful scent of it as Myungsoo showers him with more money.

 

Sungyeol lays back down on the money to swim in it but is only met with the cold hard floor of the bathhouse. He gasps, looking around him and seeing that his money are all gone. He looks up and finds no Myungsoo above him, only a few people looking at him weirdly. He almost cries out in disappointment but he remembers what Myungsoo said in his dream.

 

“Yes, why should I become this pathetic when I could get instant cash just by saying yes to him?”

 

~ O ~

 

“You made up your mind faster than I expected, Sungyeol-shi,” Myungsoo says, sitting down on the couch in front of Sungyeol.

 

He carefully hands Sungyeol a cup of coffee across the wooden table separating the two of them. Sungyeol gratefully accepts the cup and mumbles a thank you to the other.

 

“So, what’s your decision, Sungyeol-shi?” Myungsoo asks, leaning back on the couch as he eyes the other intently.

 

“I would do it,” Sungyeol says, looking up at Myungsoo through his cup of coffee.

 

Myungsoo blinks before the meaning of Sungyeol’s words finally sinks in. He claps his hand together and leans in.

 

“I knew someone like you wouldn’t turn down such a nice offer, Lee Sungyeol-shi,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Hey, what do you mean someone like me? Are you insulting me right now?” Sungyeol says.

 

“No, nothing. I didn’t mean anything. I’m…I’m actually grateful that you’d do this offer. I couldn’t think of anyone who could do it better than you,” Myungsoo says.

 

“I’ll take the offer but you cannot sue me for swindling in case your family finds out,” Sungyeol says.

 

“I assure you, Sungyeol-shi, that won’t happen,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Yes, I believe that won’t happen. I would only see your grandfather once, right? I don’t have anything else to do after that, right?” Sungyeol says, eyes twinkling as he looks up at Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo nods.

 

“Now, let’s familiarize you with your ‘growing up years’ with the people who adopted you,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol holds up a hand and looks at Myungsoo.

 

“I just need to tell my own story, right? Well, I just have to say that I was adopted instead,” Sungyeol says.

 

Myungsoo raises his brows and looks incredulously at him.

 

“Because dad is a gambler, he accumulated a lot of debts and had to hide all day long. Now, the loan sharks are after you because your father escaped to Japan and you’re just living with a friend with no money and stable job. Are you really going to tell that to grandfather?”  Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol blinks and looks away.

 

“I-It’s actually sad when other people tell me how my life is…” Sungyeol says.

 

“Yes, it sounds very miserable, Sungyeol-shi,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Then…what am I supposed to tell grandfather? Am I supposed to make up a very beautiful childhood story? Because if you’re asking me to make up one, I could do it! I like to play pretend with Appa when I was young! We imagine that we own a big house and that we have a lot of maids and food and—“

 

“Now, now, Sungyeol-shi, don’t get way ahead of yourself. Let’s keep it simple,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol sighs and deflates back on the backrest of the couch that he’s sitting on as Myungsoo caresses his chin while thinking of a story.

 

“You go tell my story, then. You’re the boring one here,” Sungyeol mumbles.

 

Myungsoo pretends that he didn’t hear what Sungyeol said and starts speaking.

 

“After the earthquake that killed your parents, you were immediately brought in a nice orphanage in Japan. You didn’t stay there for long because a very nice and very rich couple quickly adopted you. Your dad is businessman who earns a lot of money. When you were in school, you were the best student and you were ranked as number one. You like studying very much and—“

 

“Director Kim, please don’t make me a loser, okay?! I like the first part wherein a nice rich couple adopted me and I was the best student. But for the record, no one likes studying so much unless you’re crazy!” Sungyeol cuts in.

 

Myungsoo glares at him and shakes his head.

 

“Fine, you’re not a loser…what else are you dissatisfied with in my story?” Myungsoo asks, crossing his arms in front of him.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes sparkles as he smiles at Myungsoo.

 

“Your story is very simple and very predictable. It would be more believable if you add more plot to it or something! There should be a few difficulties in my life like Appa getting bankrupt once or something but he managed to get back on the line. How I was the most popular in high school because of my natural charm…you can also add in a little love story and heartbreak because I myself had a few girlfriends and boyfriends before and they all—“

 

“Lee Sungyeol, we are not writing a fan fiction here, so would you please keep your over imaginative mind in tact? Besides, I don’t want to agitate grandfather with adding too much plot! Let’s just keep it plain and simple,” Myungsoo says, massaging his temples to hold back the growing headache.

 

Sungyeol pouts and rolls his eyes at Myungsoo.

 

“Fine, what’s a plain and simple life for you, then?” Sungyeol asks.

 

Myungsoo clears his throat and starts speaking again.

 

“We’re sticking with what I said before. Now, to continue, you majored in music and piano playing while you were in the university just like your biological mother. Your talent in music is very natural because you inherited it from her. Grandfather will like it very much…he loved listening to Auntie Chaerin sing and play the piano before,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol nods, mentally making a list of the things that he has to remember about his ‘childhood’.

 

“Okay, I’ll remember that. I’m very lucky, adoptive parents are very rich, a smart loser in school and a legendary pianist…yes, that’s it. How do you even play a piano…whatever. Okay, Director Kim! I know everything already!”

 

~ O ~

 

            Sungyeol happily spins in front of the mirror of the shop that Myungsoo brought him in. He’s wearing a nice fluffy white coat over his nice pink knit sweater, new pair of pants and pink canvas shoes. His eyes linger on the light pink canvas shoes a little longer simply because he likes it so much. When he saw them, they reminded him of strawberries and Sungyeol couldn’t help but beg Myungsoo to buy it for him.

 

“I’m done paying…are you done spinning around like an idiot?” Myungsoo asks, making Sungyeol jump a little at his sudden appearance.

 

“Hey, I am not an idiot. I am a cute little strawberry, okay?! Thanks for buying me nice things today, Director Kim!” Sungyeol says, his pout quickly transitioning into a gummy smile that Myungsoo can’t help but find cute.

 

“You’re not a little strawberry, you giant idiot. Come on, I need to be back in the office before lunch break ends,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol frowns at Myungsoo and mumbles to himself about being a cute strawberry instead of being a giant idiot. His attention is immediately torn away when Howon, Myungsoo’s secretary, clears his throat.

 

“Sungyeol-shi, I suggest that you start walking now. We don’t want to keep Director Kim waiting,” Howon says.

 

“O-Okay…” Sungyeol says, a pout still painting his lips.

 

He and Howon start walking towards the parking lot of the mall but Sungyeol stops. Howon stops as well and questioningly looks at Sungyeol.

 

“Did you forget anything, Sungyeol-shi?” Howon asks.

 

“Howon-shi, you…I look like a cute little strawberry, right? I don’t look like a giant idiot, right?” Sungyeol asks, playing with the buttons of his fluffy coat and effectively exposing his light pink sweater underneath.

 

Howon looks at him from head to toe before sheepishly smiling as he adjusts the paper bags in his arms. He must admit that Sungyeol looks like a cute strawberry in his outfit. But he’s not little, so Howon shrugs.

 

“Well, you do look like a cute strawberry…but not a little strawberry, okay? You look like a cute giant strawberry,” Howon says.

 

Sungyeol blinks but smiles after a while clearly satisfied with what Howon said.

 

“Oh! Howon-shi, would you mind giving me the receipts of everything that Director Kim bought for me today?” Sungyeol perks up.

 

Howon looks at him questioningly and Sungyeol waves his hands in front of him with a giggle.

 

“I would just like to know how much he spent on me! Please, Howon-shi?” Sungyeol says, giving the other man his cutest puppy eyes.

 

“I suppose I could give them to you later,” Howon says after blinking for a couple of times.

 

“Thank you, Howon-shi! You will be blessed!”

 

“Yah! Are you two waiting for Christmas or what?! I told you I’m in a hurry!”

 

Both Sungyeol and Howon jump at Myungsoo’s voice yelling for them.

 

“Let’s go, Sungyeol-shi,” Hoya urges, walking quickly ahead of Sungyeol.

 

Sungyeol rolls his eyes at the bossiness of Kim Myungsoo. He’s already about to go crazy and whack Kim Myungsoo for being so demanding, so he cannot quite comprehend how Howon could put up with him on a daily basis. Shaking his head to remove the unnecessary pondering in his mind, Sungyeol quickly runs towards Myungsoo’s side who glares at him briefly.

 

“So…Director Kim, when am I going to meet grandfather?” Sungyeol asks when Howon is finally driving them back to Myungsoo’s office slash hotel.

 

Myungsoo looks away from the car’s window to look at Sungyeol with raised brows.

 

“You can meet him when I say so. For the meantime, just remember what we talked about regarding your ‘childhood’. While waiting for the right time, you would stay in the hotel,” Myungsoo says.

 

“But I’ve already memorized and internalized everything about my make up childhood, Director Kim! But if you say so I guess I cannot object…” Sungyeol says.

 

Myungsoo sighs in relief when Sungyeol stops mumbling to himself. Silence is rare to come by when you’re with Lee Sungyeol. But his relief is short lived when Sungyeol suddenly perks up again beside him.

 

“I have an idea, Director Kim! Can you just exchange the hotel fees for money and give it to me? I’ll just stay in Chanyeollie’s apartment while waiting for the right time! I have to make sure that he’s alright and it’s more comfortable there,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Who’s Chanyeollie?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“He’s the friend I’m staying over with here in Seoul,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Alright, I suppose you can stay over at your friends,” Myungsoo says.

 

“Yes! Then, you’re giving me the hotel fees equivalent, right?” Sungyeol says, moving his face too close for comfort towards Myungsoo’s face.

 

Myungsoo rolls his eyes at Sungyeol and does not respond, turning back to his previous window staring. Sungyeol pouts and looks out the car as well. He almost falls asleep but he remembers the favor that he asked from Howon.

 

“Howon-shi~ don’t forget what I asked, okay?” Sungyeol says, moving close to the driver’s seat.

 

Howon clears his throat and nods.

 

“Thank you so much, Howon-shi! You will be blessed!” Sungyeol says.

 

“What did you ask of Howon?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“It’s none of your business, Director Kim. It’s between Howon-shi and I,” Sungyeol says.

 

Myungsoo clicks his tongue and pulls Sungyeol back to his seat forcefully.

 

“Howon-ah, what is it?” Myungsoo urges.

 

“He would want to have the receipts of all the things that you bought for him today,” Howon says.

 

Myungsoo turns to Sungyeol with a frown.

 

“What do you need them for?” Myungsoo asks.

 

“I-I just wanted to calculate how much you spent on me today,” Sungyeol says softly.

 

“Oh, really?” Myungsoo tilts his head.

 

Sungyeol sighs, deciding to tell the truth because he knows that he could never lie to Myungsoo again.

 

“Fine, I want the receipts so that I could get money refunds after our business is done. It’s easier to get them refunded with the receipts!” Sungyeol says.

 

“Cash refunds, huh? I didn’t know about that. Well, thank you for telling me about it, Sungyeol. After our business, return everything I bought for you to me, so I can get my money back,” Myungsoo says.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen and he opens his mouth to argue but Howon announces their arrival. Myungsoo does not give him a chance to talk as he quickly walks out of the car. Sungyeol quickly follows Myungsoo out of the car.

 

“Director Kim! Wait!” Sungyeol yells.

 

Myungsoo does not stop walking, so Sungyeol quickens his pace until he finally catches up with the other. He stands in front of him with a pout on his face, attempting to guilt trip Myungsoo.

 

“Is there any problem, Sungyeol?” Myungsoo asks.

“Why are you asking me to return the things you bought for me today? They’re for me, right? They’re mine!” Sungyeol says.

 

Myungsoo scoffs and runs his fingers through his hair.

 

“I didn’t say anything about those things being yours, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo says.

 

“But still…how could you be so petty? It’s such a small favor to a rich man like you,” Sungyeol says.

 

“Yes, I’m a petty man, Lee Sungyeol. I won’t be as rich as I am right now if I’m not petty. Now, get out of my way.”

 

 

~ O ~

 

            Woohyun scratches his head in annoyance as the driver that his mother hired for him pulls up in front of Woollim Hotel and Resort. Ever since he returned to Seoul, his mother had treated him like a prisoner. She confiscated his passport and controlled his whereabouts by hiring a driver. It’s quite fortunate that she didn’t confiscate his credit card as well.

 

“Young master, we have arrived. Your mother is requesting you to follow her quickly in the hotel’s restaurant,” his driver says when he remains motionless in his seat.

 

Woohyun sighs and opens the car door. He looks at the buzzing hotel lobby in front of him and feels his stomach turning in annoyance. This is the last thing that he wants to be in. He knows that his mother is going to again talk to him about joining Myungsoo in taking over the hotel. Despite his constant refusal to help Myungsoo take over the hotel, his mother is persistent as well.

 

Deciding that he just have to play along for today, Woohyun heaves out a heavy sigh and walks towards the hotel only to bump into tall ball of white fluff.

 

“Ouch!” the guy says as he falls on his at the impact.

 

“I’m sorry about that! I didn’t see you coming!” Woohyun says, quickly pulling the guy up by his arms.

 

“It’s okay. I wasn’t paying attention either,” the man says.

 

Woohyun sheepishly scratches the back of his head, not knowing what to say next. But he finds himself getting surprised when the man finally looks up at him after dusting his fluffy white coat.

 

“Lee Sungyeol?” Woohyun asks.  

 

The man blinks in confusion and it takes a few moments before a flash of recognition appears in his eyes.

 

“Wooyoung-shi!” Sungyeol exclaims.

 

Woohyun frowns and fakes a pout.

 

“Hey, after all the trouble that I went through to save you from those men running after you, you still can’t remember my name? It’s kind of offensive, Sungyeol-shi!” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol’s eyes widen and he frantically shakes his head.

 

“No, no! I’m sorry…it’s just that…I’m…I’m really bad with names! What’s your real name anyway? It’s at least close to Wooyoung, right?” Sungyeol says.

 

Woohyun fondly looks at the sparkling eyes of Sungyeol and even before he could stop himself, he is reaching out to ruffle the latter’s hair.

 

“Yes, it’s quite close. But my real name is Woohyun…Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun says.

 

“Ah, it seems like we are meant to bump into each other more often so I guess I better remember your name, Woohyun-shi,” Sungyeol says, laughing nervously.

 

“Yes, you better remember my name, cutie. You look different today,” Woohyun says.

 

Sungyeol insecurely tugs at the hem of his pink sweater and looks up at Woohyun through his bangs.

 

“Do I look like a giant idiot, Woohyun-shi?” Sungyeol asks.

 

“What? Did someone tell you that you look like a giant idiot?” Woohyun says.

 

“A very grumpy and very petty man did,” Sungyeol scoffs.

 

“Well, Sungyeol-shi, I don’t think that you look like a giant idiot. I think that you look like a cute little strawberry wrapped in white fairy floss,” Woohyun says.

 

Woohyun marvels at how Sungyeol’s eyes immediately lighted up at what he said and how he revealed a gummy smile underneath those y pouty lips.

 

“I knew it! I really do look like a cute little strawberry~” Sungyeol says.

 

“Woohyun! Don’t make me wait, you rascal!”

 

Woohyun frowns as he turns to the direction of his mother’s voice. Sungyeol also turns towards the direction of the voice and confusedly looks at the woman calling Woohyun.

 

“Aish, I would love to ask you out for lunch so I could get to know you better but I’m afraid I have a lunch date with that madam. I know! Just give me your number and I’ll give you a call soon!” Woohyun says, taking out his phone.

 

Sungyeol stares at the phone and pouts.

 

“I don’t have a phone, though. I guess we’ll just let fate decide when we’ll bump into each other again?” Sungyeol says, shyly smiling up at Woohyun.

 

“Ah, I don’t trust fate. The more I want to see you, the more that it would keep us apart. Here, take my phone. I’ll give you a call once my misery ends today! See you!”

 

Woohyun quickly hands Sungyeol his phone and even before Sungyeol could protest, he is dashing up to the woman waiting on the other side of the lobby. Sungyeol tilts his head as Woohyun places an arm on the woman’s shoulder as they walk towards the hotel’s restaurant.

 

“Lunch date? Madam? Oh my! Woohyun-shi’s a gigolo?! Aish, I shouldn’t have accepted this phone! That rich woman could’ve given it to him. Aish, why does he still want to have a lunch date with me when he already has that woman? Ah, the people in this world are really messed up! I thought I was already messed up…”

 

Author’s Notes: Hi guys, I’m sorry for forgetting to update this story! I seriously forgot all about it~ I was busy with university and I was distracted by the other plot bugging my mind. Anyway, I’m sorry for any mistake in this chapter! It’s unedited! But I hope you still like it! Thanks for the upvotes, comments and subscriptions! See you next time!