Chapter 1

Zone H
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08:15

Half asleep, Andrea raised her head from her pillow. She was crying for all of yesterday so her eyes were swollen up. She heard the news a week ago, but only found out yesterday where and how far exactly she will be moving away. It was on the completely other side of the state. Her parents didn't want to worry her too much. They wanted her to spend as much time with her friends as possible, without crying every time she had the chance to. 

Slipping on her pink bunny slippers, Andrea rubbed her eyes with both hands and yawned. Finally realizing what the time was, she gasped out of shock and jumped up on both feet. 

"God dammit! I'm gonna be late on my last day of school!" Her first class started at 8:45. There was no way she could make it on time, but was hoping that it would be one of the days that Ms.Grib would be slightly late. 

Rushing in the bathroom, she started brushing her hair with one hand while brushing her teeth with the other. In between that she shouted, trying to reach the living room downstairs with her fragile voice. "Lora! Can you give me a lift to school?" Lora was her sister. She had her drivers license for a few months now. Andrea is turning 16 in a few weeks so she's not legal to drive yet. Lora is 19. 

"Overslept did ya?" She shouted, teasingly. "Well, hurry up! I have to go to work in an hour and I'm not even ready, so consider yourself lucky!" A rush of relief overcame Andrea's body. Her sister isn't usually this nice. Maybe it's because she feels sorry for her, since it's the last day. Lora is going to stay behind to study. She told Andrea and her parents that she will be renting out a flat in order to stay. She has a part time job in a restaurant so she assured them that she will be fine. Andrea didn't take the news that lightly, since she's very close with her sister. However, persuading her seemed nearly impossible. 

"Thanks!" She shouted back. Rinsing out, she looked at her reflection in the mirror for a few seconds and took a deep breath and smiled a weak smile. Realizing that she had no time to waste, Andrea rushed out of the bathroom and approached her bedrooms closet to put on her blue school uniform. Minutes later, she was dressed and went downstairs with her dark pink backpack hanging on one shoulder. 

"Finally ready to go?" Lora was already waiting by the door with her car keys dangling from her finger. 

"Yup. Let's go." Andrea answered and gestured to the door. Following Lora to the car, Andrea mumbled the words, "I'm gonna be so late!" Rolling her eyes, Lora answered.

"You are NOT gonna be late! Stop worrying. Even if you are, it's your own fault. This will teach you to go to bed early." Andrea changed her mood from worried to angry. Lora knows perfectly well that she was crying all night after hearing the news. It's not her fault. However, Andrea didn't feel like it was he time for arguing.  That was the last thing she wanted to do right now. So she tried smiling for the whole journey there.

8:50

Feeling anxious, Andrea checked the time on her watch while running through a hallway leading to her first lesson which was maths. Her eyes widened as she understood that she was late. 5 minutes late. Getting a detention on her last day of school would be horrible.. Even though she never in her life even had one detention, the thought of it still frightened her.

Entering the class room as quietly as possible, trying to look unnoticeable, she was shocked to see what was in front of her. Balloons. Balloons everywhere. On the ground, in the air, together and separate. Also confetti. On the ground and in the air. The whole class, including Ms.Grib, we're shouting and cheering, all looking at her with huge grins across their faces. All the boys were holding a huge 'Good Luck!' sign. The girls were holding party poppers and balloons. Then suddenly, the whole class said all together 'Good luck in your new school.' 

Andrea broke down in tears, when her best friends Jade and Izzy came over and hugged her. Nobody had ever done something like this for her, and she was extremely happy. 

"What is all this?" She asked in her shaky voice, grinning out of joy. 

"Well," Ms.Grib started saying, "I have been informed that is is your last day at this school. So, the class and I decided to have a little farewell party for you. And don't worry, I have informed the school that we would be having a little party for the whole day."

"Thank you so much guys!" Andrea was speaking to the whole class with a stream of tears of joy travelling down her cheeks. 

The whole class had a great time. It was Jade and Izzy that persuaded Ms.Grib to have a class party. Andrea was so thankful to them. They were true best friends, and she knew that she would keep in touch with them somehow. 

 

Finally, it was time for Andrea's flight. She and her parents said goodbye to Lora and parted ways. They got on their plane and were gone in a flas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter