Chapter 7 : The Day We Found The Truth

Dear J

Chapter 7 : The Day We Found The Truth

   The season changed fastly without anyone realized. But Ana felt it, there were so many things changed in her life. Her parents officially divorced. Her mother moved to Singapore while her father stay in Japan to manage his business.

   She knew that she supposed to be in mental breakdown but no, she had him. Jaejoong always there, he never let her sink in the darkness of human’s heart.

“ They have their own lives as well as we are. So just think about you, me, think about us only.” He said.

   Whenever they went, he never let her go. She grew fondness to him. It was a new feeling for her. She knew a thing called love would never exist in her life after all the mess in her life, this feeling she had for him is a need. Ana needed Jaejoong.

“ Jaejoong, there is a place I wanna visit. I have 3 days off next week, can you accompany me there?” She asked him that evening.

“ I need to check my schedule first. I’ll tell you tomorrow. But what is this place?”

“ My birth place. There is my grandma’s house where I used to grew up with her till the day she passed away. Her grave is there.”

“ Do you miss her, that’s why you suddenly wanna go there.”

“ Yeah. I wanna introduce you too.”

“ I will adjust my schedule then. Suddenly feel excited to visit the place where you born.” He said smiling at her.

“ It’s a beautiful place. Far away from the crowd, nice air and beautiful beach facing the old house.” She said.

   Jaejoong loved to see that smile. A sweet face in front of him is admirable, he just realized it lately. Every morning he would spend some minutes to watch her sleeping face. It brought peace in his mind and warming his heart.

   For a whole week Jaejoong struggled to finish his work so he can take 3 days off. He promised to take Ana to the place she mentioned last week.

“ Ah so envy, you’re going on honeymoon.” Changmin.

“ I told you it’s not a honeymoon. It’s grave visit.” Jaejoong said.

“ Can’t you take us? We will take bunch of photos for you.”

“ Not a chance. So now let me go, till when you want to cling on me like this.”

   Both Changmin and Seunghyun laughed at themselves. Both of his assistants clinging on his left and right side, they didn’t want to let go. Jaejoong just can sighed at those two childish men.

   On Friday morning Jaejoong and Ana was getting ready to leave. They will visit Ana’s grandma first and staying at grandma’s old house.

“ Grandma, it’s Ana. I’m sorry for just coming now. I bring someone with me, my husband Kim Jaejoong.”

“ Grandma, this is our first meeting. I’m Kim Jaejoong, it’s nice to finally introduce myself to you. I will take a good care of your beloved grand daughter.”

“ I wish grandma can meet you. She was lovely person, she must be like you.”

“ That’s a pity I don’t have a chance to know her. But I still glad that you take me here.”

“ It’s almost dark, we need to leave to the house now.”

And the visit ended, they were heading to the house where they planned to stay for 3 days. It has been long time since she visited the house.

“ Ana, why the light on?”

“ Really? is someone is here?”

“ Be careful, it maybe some thieves. Stay behind me.”

   Jaejoong walked carefully toward the front door. It was a quiet evening, he can hear voices from inside the house. Ana who followed him behind sharpen her ear.

   Jaejoong gave a sign to Ana that he carefully opened the door so whoever inside wouldn’t notice them. It was dark in the living room but the voices were coming from first room on the left side of house.

   Ana hold on Jaejoong tightly as she felt nervous when they walked close to the door. The voices now became more clearer to them. It was a woman voice.

“ What is it now? We were over finally.” The woman said.

“ It’s not as simple as you think. I still have a family.” There was a man voice replied her.

“ So leave them. I did it for you, I left my family to be with you. Don’t you get it how much I love you?”

   Ana felt like she would throw up right there. the voice awfully familiar to her. She was too afraid to imagine if she knew the woman inside. On the other side, Jaejoong still froze on his shoes. This was not right, he thought.

“ It can’t be right?” Ana whispered sharply.

“ Ana, calm down.” Jaejoong hold her closer.

They kept standing there listening to the conversation.

“ I can’t leave my family. I promised my son.”

“ It was long in the past. He was just a child back then, he thought you would leave him so he threatened you. Now that we gave him a wife, he won’t bother if you leave.”

“ I can’t do this, Mi Rae. Even if I love you so much.”

   Ana almost fell but Jaejoong hold her, even his soul is broken now. He knew it. No doubt, he could tell whoever inside now.

“ You can’t leave me after all I did to be together with you, Jae Hwan.”

   Before Jaejoong couldn’t stop her, Ana pulled the door opened and revealed her mother with a familiar man she knew as her father in law. A second ago Ana prayed if she was wrong but now the world fell apart in front of her eyes.

“ Ana!!! What are you doing here?” Her mother asked nervously.

“ Father, what are you doing here?” Jaejoong’s cold voice stabbed his father.

“ You are so disgusting. How could I born from a woman like you?”

“ Ana, Jaejoong, let me explain what happened here.” His father tried to be calm but his voice still shaking.

“ You better do, father. But not now, I’m so angry that I’m afraid I can kill you right now. I will come home tomorrow and make sure you ready for the explanation. Mrs Park, don’t come near to my wife.”

   Ana was breaking, she didn’t even have any energy left to move. Jaejoong had to carry her bridal style to get out from the house. She was silent but not crying. Jaejoong watched her once in a while along their way back home. It was almost dawn when they arrived at home. Ana still didn’t want to talk, Jaejoong carried her to their room and put her in the bed.

   He could feel how cold she was right now. Her face was all pale like the soul left her body long time ago. He covered her with thick blanket and stayed beside her. Gently caressing her till she fell asleep.

“ I’m sorry for what happened today. I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you. I’m sorry.” He whispered it beside her, without even realized the a single tear escaped from his eye.

   That morning Ana woke up alone. She blankly stared at the ceiling. It was warm morning but she felt cold all over. She searched around the room but found no one. She just found a note on the table.

“Morning, dear. I have a work to do so I didn’t wake you up. Don’t skip your meal, I’ll back for dinner.”

   It was Jaejoong’s hand writing. She sighed and laid back to the bed. Ana felt like doing nothing, she felt numb. Just a small move might break her apart that time.

   Jaejoong calmed himself when he finally stop the car in front of his parents’ house. If he had any other choice, he wouldn’t ever step in that house again after all that happened.

   His mother opened the door and surprised of his sudden visit. Jaejoong still managed to smile to his mother and headed to his father’s library where the old man waited for him.

“ So tell me, Father. Does mother know?”

“ She knows.” Jaejoong felt like to throw up right now.

“ She stayed silent for you. We agreed to keep this secret from you. We don’t want to lose you.”

“ Then why did you still meet her? Why her, Father?”

“ We are childhood friends. We’ve been together since then, we fell in love and promised to be together. But you grandpa had arranged my marriage with your mother. I can’t refuse because of family debt.

   But I love her so much, even after she married another man. We still met secretly until they found out. That was when your mother asked for divorce and you tried to commit suicide. Since then, I promised you to protect this family.

   I stopped meet her, but she is stubborn one. She arranged the marriage between you and Ana so you will not stand in our way. She thought by doing it, I can escape from you and your mother.

   She got divorce recently and asked me to meet her in that place we used to meet without anyone know. I may be selfish and jerk but I always keep my promise to you, son. Never once I thought to leave you even after you have your own family.”

   Jaejoong sat there in silent. He tried to digest word by word. So in the name of love, someone could be selfish and hurt anyone who stood on their way.

“ You hurt me once, Father. And the pain remains there. But now it’s not only me but a person who is so dear to me. Do you how much pain she bear now? Just imagine it breaks my heart. I don’t know how to face her. I don’t know what should I tell her. I have no more right to be by her side.”

“ No, son please. I will talk to her. I will apologize in whatever cost. I won’t let her leave you. I don’t want you be like me.”

“ No!!! Don’t you dare to appear in front of her, Father. It will just hurt her. It will disgust her. If she wants to leave me then let her be. I won’t be like you who foolishly believe in love and sink so low.”

   Jaejoong left the house with a broken heart. He thought he could be different from his parents, but he would lose again. He would lose something important without even had a chance to fight. So with the last piece of his heart left, he was coming back home.

“ Ana…” He called her from the door but no one appear.

   He walked to the kitchen and found the foods untouched. Then he went to the room where she stayed all day. Ana was there on the bed with closed eyes and pale face.

   Jaejoong sat beside her on bed. He her hair gently. Ana felt his presence but she stayed still and closed her eyes. She just didn’t know how to face him yet.

“ Why don’t you eat? You’ll get sick, Ana.” He whispered.

“ Jaejoong, why I feel so dirty? I had a bad dream every time I fall sleep. I don’t have courage to see you in the eyes anymore.” She said.

“ What do you want me to do?”

“ Leave me ...” She said.

 

There the next chapter finally

I supposed to update last week but my wifi connection failed me

So I'll update again tomorrow

Bye bye ^^