Chapter 11 : The Fate

Dear J

Chapter 11: The Fate

   It was a busy day for whole studio. Choi Seunghyun didn’t have a chance to take a breath. Shim Changmin was nowhere to find after receiving some instruction from their chief photographer. And the chief photographer, Kim Jaejoong himself was in no mood to be distracted by any other than work. No one dare expect the woman who just came to the studio with a mischievous smile.

“ Well, well. Seems like Evil Chief is really doing his job so well.” She said.

“ What are you doing here? Go out! The last thing I want to see right now is you.” Jaejoong replied in cold tone.

“ Ugh, meanie!!!”

“ Kwon Jihye noona!!!” Changmin who just finally appeared, run towards them.

“ Awww my cute little brother, how are you? Does he take a good care of you?”

“ I miss you so much, noona. He always torture us here with never ending works.” Changmin gave a crying look.

“ Me too, me too!!!” Seunghyun added.

“ You come here to distract them and ruin my schedule today? Tell me what do you want and go as soon as possible.”

“ Kim Jaejoong, you haven’t came home for a week! Your mother is worried. Your father said I may find you here, buried in work and work like you do these whole 5 years.”

“ That’s not your business. I will go home when I want to. Don’t act like a fussy ahjumma. Now Jihye, I beg you to leave us now.”

“ Okay, I’m sorry. But I’ll pick you up later. End of discussion.”

   Kwon Jihye said her goodbye to all the staffs in the studio. She drove back to her office and went straight to the Chairman office.

“ You’re back.”

“ I’m sorry for late today, Sir.”

“ Oh leave that honorific thingy, Jihye. Take a seat.”

“ Thank you, Uncle. I met him this morning. He is busy bossing around all his staffs. He told me to leave as soon as he saw me. What an annoying guy.”

“ Jaejoong is just being Jaejoong, you know. So did he say he will come home tonight?”

“ Nope, but I insist to pick him up later after work. We will have a dinner together, I’ve called aunty to prepare.”

“ Thank you, Jihye. We only have you to help watch over him.”

“ Still I don’t understand, Uncle. If he really loves her, why doesn’t he try to find her? Why he choose to suffer alone? And why she never tries to call him even once.”

“ He wants to but he can’t and she can’t either. Both of them are suffering from my mistake. I try to find her but her father erased her trace so well. Honestly, I really like her for my son. She changed him for good, I know they loved each other. It was all my mistake.”

“ Uncle, it was all in the past. He doesn’t hate you for that. He never blames you. Even in these past 5 years, he still loves her. I can’t even getting closer to his heart, though we’ve been friend for years.”

“ But still, you’re the only one he can trust now. He only talks to you. When he is home, he just lock himself in his room and never has a normal conversation with us. Please don’t give up on him, Jihye.”

“ Oh I won’t, somehow I will break that shield and bring him out to face the reality.” Jihye gave an optimistic smile.

   It supposed to be a week summer holiday but Kim Jaejoong still locked himself in his office. That was the only thing he can do to distract his mind from her. The next project of his photo shot will be a child model from Japan, Kenshin Kim.

Jaejoong saw all Ken’s previous projects. The 4 years old boy looked so alive in front of camera, he acted so natural. The gestures, the smiles, he looked older than he supposed to be. Without realizing it, Jaejoong smiled. He couldn’t wait to fly to Tokyo and meet him.

“ Is that Ken Kim? He is so cute and handsome.” Voice came from behind him.

“ Say something when you’re coming, Jihye. And yes it’s Kenshin Kim. We will work together for Korean sportswear brand. Next week I will fly to Tokyo.”

“ Ah so lucky. I’m a fan. Look, he is so adorable. I wonder how good looking his parents are. That smile ugh, it’s contagious.”

“ Contagious?” Jaejoong whispered to himself and smiled by himself.

“ Why are you smiling?” Jihye surprised.

“ Nothing. As you said, it’s contagious. The smile. So what are you doing here? My mother asked you to pick me up again?”

“ No, I’m just looking for drinking buddy. Since it’s summer holiday, my friends spend it with their families and here I am all alone, you’re the only one I have now, Jaejoong.” Showed her puppy eyes.

“ I need to tidy up a little. Just wait for me in the car.”

“ Yeayyy, as expected my Jaejoong.”

   Jihye and Jaejoong spent the evening in the small tent near seashore. Most of the time, they only talked about work and nothing personal. Jihye didn’t want to ruin the good mood.

   The next week, Jaejoong and his team arrived in Tokyo. With high expectation and motivation, they prepared all the best for this project. Jaejoong became impatient as he waited on the set of photo shot the next morning. When the door opened, revealing a handsome man hold a blushing boy.

“ I’m sorry, we’re a little bit late. I am Sato Takeru, this is Kenshin Kim” The man greeted them.

“ No problem. We just finished the preparation here. Good morning Ken chan.”

“ Mr Kim, this is the reason we’re late. Apparently Ken chan is not in a good mood. Actually his mother promised to take him here today, but she got sudden call from company so she had to leave him. Now he’s sulking.”

   Jaejoong turned to the boy who was in silent. Kenshin Kim was really adorable and handsome. He was taller than boy in his age actually, his body also well grew.

“ Ken chan, let me introduce myself. I’m Kim Jaejoong and actually I’m your fans. I’ve been waiting for long time to meet you like this.” Jaejoong took steps closer to Ken and look into his sulking face.

   Ken lift up his face and meet a handsome man in front of him. Ken mesmerized by that smile. He kept looking at Jaejoong but didn’t make any sound to respond him.

“ Do you like jelly, Ken chan? I bring this from Korea for you. I thought you’ll be like this.” Jaejoong showed him a can full of animal shape jelly.

“ Arigatou...” Ken’s voice surprised Jaejoong and Takeru.

“ So Ken chan, may I sit here and talk a little bit more with you?”

   After Ken nodded his head, Jaejoong sat beside Ken. Jaejoong helped him to open the can and Ken took a cat shape jelly. Jaejoong watched Ken with a smile on his face.

“ Do you like cat?” Jaejoong asked.

“ Yeah, neko chan is kawai.” Ken answered him in bright face.

“ I have a cat too. His name is Jiji. He had beautiful fur and blue eyes.”

“ Mama never allows me to have one.”

“ Maybe your Mama will allow you after you enter the school.”

“ Really? I don’t think so. Mama is bad at remember something.”

“ And why is that?”

“ This morning she forgot to take me here. She promised me already but she forgot it. It’s annoying.”

“ Ah so do you think your Mama is bad?”

“ No !!! She is the best Mama in the world. She’s not bad, she’s just forgetful.”

“ Indeed. My mother also forgetful. Do you wanna hear a funny story, Ken chan?”

Ken nodded excitingly while chewing the jelly.

“ So one day my mother was cooking a stew while my father was reading book in the library. I was playing a car toy and somehow the tire is broken so I asked my mother to help me. She ran from the kitchen to help me, then she forgot if she already put salt and chili powder in the stew. She ended up giving salt and chili powder twice so when it was time for dinner, when my father tried the stew, his face and ears became extremely red. It happened often but my father never mad at her because she was just a forgetful person.”

“ Poor your father. He must be a good person.”

“ Perhaps.” Jaejoong said in low voice.

“ It’s lucky you to have a good father.” Ken suddenly said.

“ How is your father, Ken chan?”

“ Mama said he is in heaven already.” Jaejoong surprised and felt sorry for the little boy in front of him, but the boy smiled at him.

“ It’s okay. Though he is not with us, I’m glad to know he always happy in that far away place.”

   Jaejoong didn’t say a word. He already admired this boy. He envied Ken for being such a wise boy in his age. Jaejoong thought about himself who still selfishly refused to forget the past and stuck in his sadness for long time.

   Takeru stunned on his place. No one ever talked to Ken when he was in bad mood. He never answered if anyone asked and never once he talked about his belated father. Both of them looked so comfortable to each other.

“ Hello, Sakura.”

“ Take, how is Ken? He must be really mad at me. I felt sorry for the photographer, maybe we just re-schedule it tomorrow.”

“ I think we don’t need to do that, Sakura.”

“ Eh? Why?”

“ Ken’s mood is better now. He is talking cheerfully with the photographer right now. You must be shocked when you see it.”

“ Really? How could it be? Ken is difficult child. Is the photographer a woman?”

“ No, it’s a man around my age. I’m surprised too that he can make Ken talks so comfortably.”

“ Who is he?”

“ Eh!!! Sakura, sorry I need to hang up. They will start now, bye.”

   Takeru ran towards Ken who was now holding Jaejoong’s hand. Both of them still talking about interesting story, Ken didn’t even realize Takeru was still there. Takeru smile to the unusual sight of Ken. Standing beside Jaejoong, Ken looked like an ordinary kid not the usual mature Ken.

“ Ken chan, are you ready to take photo now?” Takeru asked.

“ Yeah, I’m ready. Jae hyung, lets start.”

   Jaejoong assisted Ken patiently, the man never lost his gentle smile. Takeru noticed there was similiarity between Ken and Jaejoong, both of them were smile in the same way. The kind of smile that can make any women fall on their knees.

  Shim Changmin elbowed Choi Seunghyun who stood beside him. All of them were busy but they noticed Jaejoong’s mood today was different.

“ He looks like his old self today.” Changmin said.

“ How long since we see that kind of smile? I don’t know that Jaejoong hyung loves children.” Seunghyun added.

“ It’s not children. It’s Kenshin, don’t you see. Both of them are women killers. Look, they are look alike. Even the way they smile.”

“ I can see it now. It will really good if Jaejoong hyung in this good mood every time.”

   Both of them sighed and grinned at each other. Jaejoong saw them gossiping and sent death glare. Both of them ran to their own post to start photo taking.

 

Finally here's the latest chapter

My boss just gave me bunch of new project to do so it will take some times for me working on next chapter TT TT

I'll try my best, see ya next week.

All subbers and comments, Arigatou, Gamsahamnida ^_^