Chapter 5: The Way She Looked At Him

Dear J

The Way She Looked At Him

   Ana read the message she got a minute ago. She frowned and read it again. What the hell is wrong with this guy, she thought.

“ I am in the lobby, can you go down a while and take the lunch box?”

“ Seriously, a lunch box?” Ana whispered to herself.

“ Did you say something, eonni?” Her friend beside asked.

“ Nothing. It’s lunch time already. I want to go down now, bye.”

“ Hey, eonni. Let’s go together.”

   And then Ana trapped with 5 her team members in the elevator to the 1st floor. This is the first time Jaejoong ever visits her office. and what’s with the lunch box anyway, Ana thought.

   When they walked to the lobby, obviously the receptionist tried to flirt with Jaejoong. Ana just rolled her eyes, and her team members also noticed the hot guy standing there with a lunch box.

“ Waahhh really my style.” Young Ji said.

“ Is he our employee too? Eonni do you know any new recruitment?” Seo Ri asked Ana.

“ Huh? There’s no new recruitment.” Ana replied flatly.

   When Jaejoong noticed her, he gave a warm smile and Ana can heard every women in that space hold their breath. Ana replied him with an awkward smile.

“ I thought you’re kidding to bring me a lunch box. are you free today?”

“ Yeah, there’s no work today and it’s boring at home without you. So I cook something and bring it for you.” He said.

“ Is this your boyfriend, eonni?” Young Ji asked.

“ No, silly. Ana is married. Then are you perhaps her husband?” Min Ah, the closer friend to Ana said.

“ Sorry, it’s rude of me. I am Kim Jaejoong, Ana’s husband. Nice to meet you, this is my first time here so you must be confuse.”

“ Are you going to join us for lunch?”

“ Ah what a pity. I bring the lunch box already, ladies. Maybe next time.”

“ Whoa so romantic. Why are you always lucky, eonni.” Na Ra said in envious look.

“ Then, we’re going. Let the couple in their lunch date. Hope to see you often here, Jaejoong ssi.” Said Min Ah, winked at him.

   Ana automatically rolled her eyes. what the hell with these women and their neverending flirtation. When all her team members left, she guieded Jaejoong to the company building park.

“ Your favorite eggrolls.”

“ Damn!!! How did you read my mind???”

“ Did you just curse at me???” Jaejoong raised his left eyebrow.

“ Sorry, I’m just too surprised. Your eggrolls are the best ever, Jae.”

“ Wow, thanks. So how’s your day?”

“ Though day. We’re just given 2 weeks deadline for the next issue of The Fashion magazine. Now, we’re messing up. We have no idea what should we put in there.”

“ Sounds hard. Since the winter almost there, why don’t you bring it up winter fashion.”

“ It’s too common. Other fashion magazine will do the same.”

“ How about the winter fashion of dating couple? I have lots of models friends who are dating. Since they are models, we can observe their fashion style while dating in winter.”

“ Brilliant. You’re brilliant Kim Jaejoong !!!” suddenly gave him big hug while eating that made him almost choked.

“ But will they allow us to tail them while they’re dating?”

“ Of course we’re gonna secretly follow them hehehe…”

“ You mean paparazzi style???”

“ Why? It sounds so much fun for me. I’ll be your guide hehe”

“ Yeah since you’re pro photographer. I will have a meeting with my team after lunch then.” Ana smiled brightfully.

“ I don’t know if your smile can be contagious. You should do it often.”

   Ana just stared at him, like he said something really strange to her. He has a beautiful smile, her smile can’t compare. Yet she didn’t recognize it before. His eyes, full of emotions and she knew that now he was in the good mood.

“ Your smile is too beautiful for a man, do you know?”

“ Then why do you think women fall for me?” He said playfully.

“ Ugh so full of yourself, it’s annoying.”

“ You just jealous.” He smirked.

“ Women can fall for you or whatsoever, no matter what you are mine. So I don’t need to feel that stupid jealousy feeling.” She sticked her tongue at him.

“ Annoying woman.” He pinched her nose and both laughed.

   It was Saturday night, Jaejoong and Ana were so busy preparing their mission that night.  Both of them wore all black and almost same style. They looked more like ninja than paparazzi.

   Jaejoong checked his camera for the last time and Ana packed her notes and another stuffs needed into the backpack. When they entered the car, both of them laughed so hard.

“ We look like bank robbers.” Jaejoong said.

“ The park ranger will immediately capture us when we step on the park.” Ana added.

“ So we must be careful, you should stay close to me.”

“ Got it, sir!” both of them laughed and drive to the park near Han river, the famous place for a secret date.

   When they arrived at the parking side, some people looked at them suspiciously. But Jaejoong confidently grabbed Ana’s hand and walked to the park. They looked like celebrities in secret date too.

“ This is the most silly thing I’ve ever done in my life?” Ana whispered, when they found a hiding spot. Jaejoong just replied her with a grin.

   There were some couples that Jaejoong recognized as the model he ever worked with. The whole one hour Jaejoong was busy taking pictures and Ana was busy noted everything she saw in her notes.

   Just then, when they busy themselves someone called not far from them. Ana the first one to noticed it was the park ranger. She moved fast and pull Jaejoong with her. Both of them run for their lives until they thought they successfully escaped.

“ That was close.” Ana said when they sit on a bench.

   Jaejoong can’t say anything yet because he was out of breathe. Ana giggled while watching his panting face. Jaejoong frowned at her.

“ You looked damn funny right now, Jaejoong.”

“ This is your fault. Ugh !!!”

“ What happened? You hurt yourself?”

   Jaejoong raised his left hand and saw the blood. Sudden panic hit him, he fell on the ground. Ana was shocked by the scene, she never saw him like this.

“Jaejoong ???” She sit beside him, his body was shaking.

   Ana digged her backpack to find tissues and handkerchief. She reached his trembling hand and fold the sleeves. Took of his watch on his left hand, Ana carefully wiped the blood.

   It maybe caused by the tree branch where they hide before. It must be happened when she pull him to run. Then she saw it, another scars on his wrist. She remembered about the suicide attempt he did.

   She took a look at his face, it was pale and terrified. He must be have a trauma. When he saw the blood, the terror in his eyes. Ana realized it there, so much she didn’t know about this man. His past, his pain, his scars, nothing was normal in his life.

   She got back her sense and wrapped the injury with the handkerchief. She held his hands tightly to comfort him.

“ The bleeding is stop already. Jaejoong, it’s alright.” She said gently

“ I’m sorry…” He finally said.

“ Come closer to me. Tell me…” She brought to her embrace. Silent for a moment till she can finally heard his normal breathing.

“ You once told me, if I want to know anything, I just need to ask. If I ask you now, will you tell me?” She asked carefully.

   Placing his head on her lap, Jaejoong stared at the crescent moon on the sky. Closed his eyes and the memory coming back in front of him. His hand tighter on her, she knew then how hard it must be to recall the painful memories.

“ It seems like long time ago, Ana. But whenever I remember it still hurts, it makes me scare all the time that I will never moving on from that past. So I act as nothing happen. I wish for a normal life when I married you, so I won’t remember anything that will break me down.

   I used to see my mom or dad with their lovers. I acted fool as I never know what’s happening in front of my eyes. All they did were fighting whenever they met at home. I just silently stayed in my room pretending to study hard as I didn’t notice.

   Then one day my mom submitted a divorce agreement. Back then I was an obedient son, i acted as normal child. All of my friends coming from warm household. I’m scared, if they knew my parents divorce they would leave me.

   So that foolish me took over, I put my life on the line. The scars on my wrist are the reminder. The moment when I slice my wrist, I saw the blood wouldn’t stop running. Then I felt all alone, falling into the dark well. It’s deadly dark and cold. I cried but no one hear me, until the soft voice called me back. That person who hold my hand tightly and guide me to the light.”

“ That person?”

“ We will meet that person someday, I promise you”

“ Is that leave you with a trauma?”

“ I can’t see the blood. Whenever I see it, I feel like someone push me to that dark well. Even after I grow up as a man, there are some times when the nightmare comes.”

“ From now on, whenever the nightmare comes I’ll be there with you.”

“ I’m a man with so many weakness. I can be burden in your life, so forgive me not being honest to you before.”

“ No, it’s our fault. We are desperate of our lives. We are just lost in our fears, so we took the first chance we get to have a normal life without even thinking each other’s feeling.

   I’m glad when you told me to be honest with each other. At first, I thought it’s gonna be hard for me to talk. But listening to you know made me feel nothing to worry because like me, you’ll listen to me and understand my pain without judging me.”

“ Our past were unfortunate. But we will make a different present and future to our lives.” He said before fell asleep on her lap.

   Ana watched his sleeping face tenderly. Human is not being human before they know how to feel the pain of life. This man had through so much thorny road in the past. But he still had a dream, she will has one too. Together with him she knew creating a happiness is possible, Ana thought.

 

Waahhh can't believe I forgot to update last Sunday TT TT

I should working harder :(

Hope I can give you more interesting story in the next chapter

Keep subs and comments,

Arigatou ^^~