Chapter 14 : My Farewell

Dear J

Chapter 14

Jaejoong woke up that morning with mix feelings. One way he wanted to smile happily, the other way he just wanted to cry alone. The fate that brought Ana back to him was too dreamy to be true, not to mention a precious gift like Ken would come to his life.

His thought was interrupted by a phone call. Jaejoong frowned because the number is unknown. He sat up on his bed and answered the call.

“ Hello…”

“ Jae hyung, it’s Ken.”

“ Ken chan? How do you get my number?”

“ I asked my manager yesterday. Is that okay if I have your number? I won’t randomly call you or annoy you.”

“ Of course it’s okay. I will be happy if you can call me anytime. I will save this number so I can call you too sometimes.”

“ Yeah. Eunggg Jae hyung, tomorrow you’re going back to Korea right?”

“ Hmm, I have to finish my work.”

“ What time will you depart tomorrow? Can I send you?”

“ You’ll come? I’ll be glad if you do, Ken.”

“ Jae hyung, will you ever come back here to see me?” Jaejoong could hear the sadness in Ken’s voice.

“ I will, sometimes. But you’ll never know right, Ken. Both of us are busy men with huge responsibility, aren’t we?”

“ Then, see you tomorrow. Don’t forget to text me the time, Jae hyung. I will come.” Ken hang up.

Jaejoong stared at his phone for some times. He wanted to run to his son and hug him. Jaejoong couldn’t bear to separate with him. He wanted to stay, if only he had more strength nothing would stop him from bring them back to their house again.

“ Why are you sighing so hard, Jae?” Jihye already in his room when he entered the living room.

“ How do you get in here as you like anyway? It’s disturbing you know.”

“ Are you really leaving tomorrow?”

“ Yeah, my work ends today. There is lot of things to do in Korea when I come back. I can’t waste anytime here, just to hurt myself and them even more.”

“ I won’t argue with you anymore then. Whatever your choice, I’ll be on your side. I may not send you to the airport tomorrow, I need to meet an old friend. So farewell and see you in Seoul.” Jihye stood and lightly hugged Jaejoong before she walked out.

Jaejoong spent a whole day to attend meeting and wrapped up his work in Japan. He returned to his hotel and packed all his belonging.

The next morning, Jaejoong sent short message to Ken about his departing time. Ken replied saying he would be there after school. Jaejoong and all his staffs were waiting in airport lounge when Ken came with Takeru.

Ken walk after Takeru, hiding his face behind Takeru’s leg. Jaejoong watched his son with loving eyes yet sadness. He stood and approached them.

“ Thanks for coming, Takeru san, Ken chan.” Jaejoong greeted them.

“ It was good time to work with you, Jaejoong ssi. I hope we can meet again in another chance.”

“ Of course, I hope so.”

“ Ken, don’t you want to say your farewell to Jaejoong hyung?” Takeru gently took Ken’s hand and pushed him forward.

“ Ken chan, I had a good time with you. Thank you.”

“ Jae hyung, can’t you stay longer?” a pain stabbed Jaejoong right on his heart, it was suffocating.

“ I wish I can, but it’s not possible for now. But listen, you have my number right? Call me anytime, will you?”

Ken nodded obediently. He refused to look Jaejoong in the eyes. Jaejoong knew, the little boy just didn’t want him to look his sad or crying face. But Jaejoong wanna see his face clearly for the last time, so he pulled Ken closer and hugged him tightly, kissed his forehead gently.

“ I’m gonna miss you, Ken. So bad till I won’t be able to endure the pain” Jaejoong whispered.

“ Jaejoong hyung, we need to leave now.” Changmin called him from behind.

Ken’s hand tighten around his neck. Jaejoong’s heart broke into pieces.

“ Please don’t forget me. I’m gonna miss you, appa.” Ken whispered it in very low voice that anyone couldn’t here except Jaejoong.

Ken let him go and walked away. The little boy wiped his tears and stood proudly beside Takeru. He gave his best smile and waved to Jaejoong.

Jaejoong didn’t want to lose to his son, so he put on his sincere smile and waved back at Ken. And like that, they parted.

Sakura walked in to the café and found a beautiful woman around her age waiting patiently on her seat. The woman recognized her immediately, she stood up to greet Sakura.

“ Nice to meet you, Sakura san. But I prefer call you Ana, may I?” She asked.

“ I’m sorry but do we know each other in the past?”

“ I didn’t mean to be rude. This is our first meeting, but I heard lot about you Ana. I’m Kwon Jihye, Jaejoong’s friend.”

“ Jihye ssi, if you’re here to tell me stay away from him then you’re wasting your time. We no longer have relationship and I won’t bother his life if that’s worrying you.”

“ Wow, you have really wrong idea about me. Do I look like y character in the movie?”

“ Then what do you want from me?”

“ I’m here to persuade you, I want to beg your kindness. I want to bring you and Ken back to Jaejoong.”

“ What? You’re asking impossible thing, Jihye ssi. I won’t do anything that can hurt both him and Ken. I’ll stay away in order to him lives happily.”

“ all these 5 years, never once he ever feels that happiness. Without you, he will never know what is happiness again. Don’t you understand? I know what happened, so listen to me. I’m not afraid in anything, I have power in my hand, I’ll protect Jaejoong’s happiness.

Jaejoong, even without my help I know he can take you back and protect you. But now it’s impossible for him. A year ago, in order to save my life, he badly injured and in coma for 3 months. Though he woke up again but his heart can’t work normally anymore. He knows he can die anytime so he gives up on you and Ken.

That stupid man thought that because his life is going to be short, he doesn’t deserve to be happy. But I won’t let it happen. It doesn’t matter if it’s one more day, or a week or a month, I will make sure the rest of his life is filled with happiness.

Ana, I beg you. I know you love him, if it’s not for his sake please do it for Ken’s sake. Let him to experience a real family. Let him makes memories as much as he can. Please think about it and call me when you’re ready.”

Jihye put her business card on the table and left. Ana still on her seat, spaced out for long time. She didn’t even realized when she started to cry and sobbed so hard alone till she tired.

 

The ending is coming soon TT TT

Hope you guys enjoy this story so far

See ya next week ^_^