Find You

Put Your Love In Lights

The music video for this song had a lot to do with the writing process, so if you're confused or curious... there's your reference :)

Lyrics and thoughts are italicized. Trust me, you'll know the difference. Happy reading!

____________________________________________________________________________________

Silent love is calling faith
To shatter me through your hallways

Into

echoes you can feel
And rehearse the way you heal…


Choking.

Drowning.

Flailing for the hazy light that was so close, yet so far away.

She felt the air escape her searing lungs, and she watched helplessly as the bubbles floated up towards the light. A nebulous figure was just above the surface, reaching out her hands to grab.

She fought with what little strength she had left and reached out her hands for her savior, who came closer.

Closer.

Closer.

Just as she was about to grasp the mystery girl's hands, she woke.

She woke with a start, gasping for breath.

Flailing, reaching for someone who wasn't there.

She steadied herself and her breathing, dark brown eyes wide open. She shakily stood and got up from the bed. She was in her own house, merely waking from an afternoon nap. The setting sun was flooding through the various large windows of the spacious house in glorious spectrums of golden light.

She shivered as she walked to her closet, even though warm sunlight was flooding the room, and opened the closet door to look for her clothes. Suddenly she heard a slight echo of someone calling her name resonate off the walls. It was soft, slight, probably inaudible to normal hearing, but unescaped by the girl's sharp ears. A slight chill raced down her spine and her blood suddenly ran cold.

She froze and slowly turned. There was no one.

Her alert eyes scanned what she could see of the house, looking for anything that could make a sound resembling what she just heard.

Nothing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make them dance
Just like you
Cause you make me move

Yeah you always make me go…


"Of course." She mentally berated herself. "There's no one here."

She slowly turned and got dressed, trying not to think too deeply about it. Things like that had been happening ever since she was a small child.

She changed into black skinny jeans, black combat boots, and a tight black crop-top. She glanced at herself in the mirror. She saw a rather petite, slender girl with a perfect figure and radiant pale skin. A girl with wavy blonde hair, and a face with well-defined angelic features. Dark brown, almost onyx, eyes stared back at her. Eyes that held far too much sadness for someone her tender age.

She didn't smile at her reflection, nor did she grimace. She simply took a glance, then headed towards the door. Before she left, she grabbed her keys and black leather jacket, and when she was sure she had everything, she strode outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll run away with your foot steps
I'll build a city that dreams for two
And if you lose yourself
I will find you…



She pulled on her jacket as she entered the door to the club. The DJ was playing a catchy dance song with a strong beat and booming bass. There were bodies everywhere: dancing, cheering, drinking. People enjoying themselves, people trying to forget their memories, people trying to drown themselves in a sea of worldly pleasure, and people who just wanted to make the most of their young lives and felt that this was the way to do it.

Despite her surroundings and the strong beat, the girl felt no desire to dance. She didn't even know why she was there; she was never much of a party-goer anyway.

She continued to walk further into the club. As she did, she caught glances of the people around her. There was a girl with heavy makeup who looked drunk, dancing away and flailing her limbs. There was another girl with an unnatural shade of chalky orange lipstick who was screaming something at the top of her lungs. Another girl with a fake tan. Another dressed like a stripper. Another passed out on the ground at her feet.

She regarded all of them with a passive, unimpressed glance. She internally sighed. Nothing, no one to catch her eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

High on words
We almost used
We're fireworks with a wet fuse
Flying planes with paper wheels
To the same Achilles heels…


The girl somehow felt a discerning presence.

The distinct feeling that someone was watching her.

She looked around, but all she could
see

were

 

druken party-goers with beers in their hands. Blue and white lights flashed around, creating a cool, dark atmosphere. Even the beer bottles were a shade of blue.

Suddenly an abnormal golden flash of light amongst the cool blue lights caught her eye and she instinctively turned her head to follow it.

She spotted a girl in the crowd.

A girl with luscious long brown hair, and startling baby brown eyes. She was wearing a dark red dress that hugged her curves perfectly, matching her pale skin. Her features were that of an angel.

She radiated natural beauty.

(And she seemed to be the only person in aroom

besides the blonde herself who wasn't holding a drink.)

Their eyes connected for a split second from across the room, the flash of gold ostensibly drawing their eyes to each other before the blonde quickly looked away.

Dark onyx eyes looked back at the scene around her. Drunk, partying people making fools of themselves and not knowing how to control their actions.

Immaturitypulsed off them. An air of untrustworthiness and cankered morals. People who wasted their lives away. People who only looked forward to the next person they could get in bed. People who thought about mere mundane things, who lived mere mundane lives. She looked on at all of these with an emotionless, passive expression. After all, there was nothing she could do for them, and nothing they could do for her.

Suddenly there was a spectrum of rainbow lights flashing in her eyes as the overhead spotlights swung around, and she found herself standing right in front of the brown-eyed girl.

(What she failed to realize was that the brunette hadn't once taken her eyes off the her since their eyes met.)

It seemed as if she was walking to the brunette against her own will, almost unconsciously. The girl held her gaze, seemingly drawing her closer and closer. Not that she was complaining though; the girl was still gorgeous.

(It seemed as if they were walking towards each other against their own conscious. Something seemed to bond them in that moment; it seemed like a magnetic field was drawing them together.)

Their eyes met, and suddenly nothing else seemed to matter. All she could see was a pair of beautiful baby brown eyes staring into her soul.

The stunning eyes held her gaze. She was nothing like the other drunk partiers who were mindlessly waving their drinks about. She was composed, sober, and seeming to look for something (or someone) as well.

They came face to face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make them dance
Just like you
Cause you make me move
Yeah you always make me go…



Music blasted around them, loud enough to feel in your chest and deep in your gut. The thumping of feet and the smell of alcohol tainted the air. Drunken cheers and off-tune singing filled the space around them, whipping hair and flailing limbs came between their eyes, but their gazes didn't falter. A fragile, breathtaking silence came between them despite the surrounding clutter and suddenly nothing else seemed to matter to the girls except for the other. It was like they were trapped in their own world; a world that no one could enter but them.

"Hey." The brown-eyed girl breathed. It was barely a whisper, but it was somehow heard.

"Jessica." The name slipped right out of the blonde's mouth. Jessica was surprised.

"How… how'd you know my name?" She asked, her voice soft and slight.

The other pale girl stood still, her brow furrowed in confusion. "I don't know… was that your name? Jessica?"

Jessica nodded, her brown tresses caressing her shoulders. "Yeah. Jessica Jung. Um…"

Suddenly, the flash of a rearing horse's silhouette flashed above Jessica's head. The blonde froze. Her eyes widened.

"Taeyeon? Hey, Taeyeon?" Jessica asked, unaware of the shadow that had just caught the other girl's eye. She quickly realized what she said and quickly raised a delicate hand to cover .

"How'd you know my name?" Taeyeon asked, warily eying the space above Jessica's head.

"I… I think I've seen you before." She replied slowly, shooting a quick glance above her head in confusion.

The rearing horse's shadow flashed again, but this time smoke dissipated around it. Taeyeon's breath hitched in fear, her eyes widening. She took a stumbling step back, hands grasping for support that wasn't there.

"They're coming." She breathed, feeling her heart rate rise.

"What?" Jessica asked, confused. She looked at Taeyeon with a concerned expression. "Are you alright?"

No response came from the pale blonde. She continued to look at the spot where the foreboding silhouette had been mere seconds ago. Jessica looked at her with a concerned expression.

"I have to go." was the quick response before Taeyeon bolted past Jessica straight towards the exit, pushing through the mob of people with much more force than necessary.

"Wait!" Jessica began, but the other girl had already vanished.

The brown-eyed girl was left alone amongst partying strangers, staring at the spot where the pale enigma had been standing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll run away with your footsteps
I'll build a city that dreams for two
And if you lose yourself I will find you…



Faster.

Faster.

Heart pounding, lungs near bursting point. Breathing erratic, eyes widened in panic and candid fear. Adrenaline coursing through her veins as her feet pounded the pavement, a million thoughts racing through her mind.

"How did they find me? Where are they hiding? Why is this happening? Where am I going?"

"… What should I do?"


Amidst the chaos and her desperate thoughts, a certain brunette's face and baby brown eyes flashed in her mind.

"I'm sorry…"

Muscles aching, throat burning, desperate gasps for air. Chest heaving uncontrollably, hair messed by pure speed, fists clenched tightly. An unmistakeable feeling slowly frosting over her, grasping every fiber of her being.

Fear.

She burst through the doors of the tall quiet building. With almost inhuman strength, she broke the thick lock of the stairway door and raced up the stairs until there were no more stairs to run up and she'd come face to face with a green metal door. She threw the door open, and was met with a perfect view of the beautiful starry night sky from the skyscraper roof, looking down on the glowing city below.

She slammed the door behind her and was still for a moment. Silence hung in the air for a few sparse seconds. The only audible sound was the heaving of her lost breath.

Then she heard it.

The unmistakeable rumble of hooves pounding the ground.

"They're here..."

A millisecond later, the roof door burst open, destroying the surrounding parts of the wall where the heavy metal door had once been. A herd of black horses, just like in her dream, came thundering onto the large spacious roof, destroying everything in their path. They headed toward her at an alarming speed, baring their unnaturally sharp teeth, drooling and screaming savagely. Their muscles rippled beneath their black fur, shadows swirling around them. Eyes glinted ink black, opened wide so she could see the whites around the pitch black pupils. They came with the pure intention to slaughter and decapitate the girl they were heading towards.

She stood, watching them come; almost frozen with shock. She suddenly felt a ominously familiar sensation; the portent stirring deep within her abdomen, the irritating itch of her back, the tightening of her muscles.

"No… No!"

Just as the endless herd of shadows surrounded her, the stirring in her abdomen burst and spread around her body like flames following a trail of gas. The irritating sensation on her back disappeared and was replaced with a familiar weight. Light burst from the figure, who was small in comparison to the shadowed steeds surrounding her. Her onyx eyes glowed with an abnormal light, a purple ring in them flashing a fierce, vibrant, electric shimmer. Her pale skin was glowing gold, and golden streaks appeared in her silky soft blonde hair. Pure, snow white wings had sprung from her back, and they spread to their full glory, framing their petite owner.

Light enveloped her, and burst from her in all directions. The steeds were vaporized once they touched it, howling loudly as their shadowy flesh was burned by the deathly light. It enveloped the pale girl, a sea of sound, energy, and familiar forbidden power.

She screamed, causing the light to burn brighter and whiter. She a hand forward and released a fatal white beam of inevitable death. The steeds were vanishing, as they kept running to the light. Thundering hooves, howling winds, and screams of the dying filled her ears.

"There's so many…"

She gritted her teeth in anger, and let out a deafening yell. She fiercely waved her arm in an arc, and the steeds were reduced to dust beneath her. Her wings flapped as she slowly rose from the ground, stirring the already chaotic wind. The light burned even brighter, the wind howled even louder, and lightning crashed around the scene even though it was a cloudless, clear night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Open up your skies (turn up your nights)
To the speed of life (turn up your nights)
Put your love in lights (turn up your nights)
I will find you…


The last of the steeds crashed into her force field of light, and suddenly everything stopped. The wind stopped, the lightning ceased, and the light disappeared with the lingering screams of the obliterated beasts. She was left alone under the starry sky, chest heaving for air on a destroyed rooftop and a pile of smoking rubble where the door had been. The only sound in the still night was her heartbeat pounding in her ears and the gasps of air her body demanded.

Suddenly a voice pierced through the night. "Taeyeon."

She whipped around, unaware of the presence of another. Jessica was standing on the other end of the roof which was now filled with smoking craters. She made her way across the rubble to the shell-shocked girl who was staring at her like she was some alien wanting a lift to Mars.

Jessica stopped a few feet away, concern evident in her eyes. "Oh my god, Taengoo." She said, unaware of the affectionate nickname that slipped from her lips. She stepped closer. "Are you alright?"

Taeyeon didn't say anything. She stared back at Jessica, terrified.

Jessica's gaze landed on the large white wings on the other's back. "What… what happened?"

"You saw?" Taeyeon asked numbly, not even able to do anything about the wing remark.

Jessica nodded slowly, unsure of what to say. "Yeah…"

"How much?"

Jessica swallowed nervously. "Everything. I saw the horses, and your little transformation, and the wind and lightening and all that." She forced a chuckle, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"No…" it was barely a whisper, but Jessica's sharp ears caught it.

"What? Are you okay?" She turned to the other girl, but was stricken by the sight.

"This can't be happening…" Taeyeon said shakily, fear and disbelief written all over her features.

"Um…"

"You weren't supposed to see that." Taeyeon said, finally raising her head to meet Jessica's eyes. Jessica was startled by what she saw. If eyes were the windows to the soul, then Jessica had found the clearest windows in the world. A whirl of emotions slammed into her heart, and she wanted to laugh and cry and scream all at the same time. The blonde had beautiful eyes that were filled with too much pain for someone her tender age, too much suffering. Eyes that had once been bright but had lost their sparkle; had seen too much, had felt too much. Eyes that were so beautiful, so painfully beautiful, it broke her heart.

"I…" Jessica trailed off, unsure of what to say.

Taeyeon looked at her with that terrified gaze, and it made Jessica just want to run and wrap her arms around the girl so nothing could ever hurt her again. Her heart ached for this girl with wings, and said girl was wondering in the back of her mind why Jessica hadn't freaked out and called the cops yet.

Jessica came closer; close enough to touch. She slowly reached out caress Taeyeon's cheek and was surprised at how soft the pale skin was. "Like a baby…" She thought absentmindedly, amazedly taking in every detail of the girl's youthful face.

The winged girl looked ready to break down at any given moment, but she didn't pull away from the intruding hand upon her skin.

Jessica frowned. Seeing brokenness was something she was accustomed to, yet why did she feel such pain for this girl? She felt something special surrounding the girl; something akin to a magnetic force field that was drawing her in.

Taeyeon bit her lip. "Sica…" she whispered, looking at the smoking ground beneath their feet.

"Hm?" Jessica asked softly, caressing her cheek, the affection evident on her tone surprising herself.

"I…" the other girl trailed off. She tore her eyes from Jessica ashamedly.

"What is it?" Jessica gently persisted, resisting the urge to wrap her arms around the other girl's neck.

"I'm sorry."

Suddenly the winged girl tore herself away from Jessica and raced to the edge of the roof. She leapt off the roof with incredible grace and spread her glowing white wings, flying away into the starry night sky. Jessica could only watch helplessly as her dream-borne love disappeared before her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Make them dance
Just like you
Cuz you make me move
Yeah you always make me go…



She cried.

Yes, Kim Taeyeon cried.

Over a girl, nonetheless.

To be fair, it wasn't just the girl. She was shaken by the night's previous events as well. It was sudden, unexpected, and frankly completely terrifying.

"Well I'm screwed." She thought numbly as a lone tear made its way down her fair, pale skin. She spread her wings and slowly descended onto the cool ground of the mountainous forest. The air was cold, the ground was dark, and the trees were tall and shadowed.

The angel shivered as her wings disappeared from sight off her back. She wrapped her black leather jacket tighter around herself and exhaled, watching her breath freeze in the frigid mountain air. Her combat boots crunched the dead leaves on the ground as she trudged through the dark forest.

"Why is this happening… who is that girl?" She wondered to herself, one of a million thoughts running through her mind. A pair of painfully familiar brown eyes burned into her brain. She winced, feeling a sharp pain pierce her head and she tried to forget those bright, captivating brown eyes.

"What's wrong with me…"

She walked on, hand gingerly brushing her temple every so often. The only sound was her boots crunching on dead leaves and her occasional slight hiss of pain as she thought about this 'Jessica' girl.

The girl seemed too familiar.

Too comfortable.

Taeyeon never really let anyone touch her so familiarly, especially someone she just met. A lot of things had happened today, and she realized it was all because of Jessica.

The shadows never appeared unless there was something she wasn't supposed to do, or see. Her wings never appeared unless necessary. Her powers never appeared unless she couldn't suppress them any longer.

Well it seemed she couldn't suppress them any longer.

She wondered vaguely in the back of her mind what she was doing. She supposed she would just have to find her way around to the best of her ability until she figured everything out.

Life .

Especially when a certain Jessica Jung was the only thing she could think about.

She winced again as another stab of pain reverberated through her skull. She gritted her teeth in frustration. How could one person bring her so much pain, yet so much longing?

Perhaps she was becoming masochistic.

Taeyeon shook herself to clear her head, and continued her trudge through the dark forest. She walked on for a long time, and came across a clearing.

Perhaps, she thought, she could figure out her nebulous heart here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'll run away with your footsteps
I'll build a city that dreams for two
And if you lose yourself
I will find you…



It had been a few days since Taeyeon found herself somewhat stranded on the isolated mountaintop.

Well, not stranded. More like willingly deserted with plenty means of escape, but no aim of leaving.

At least not now.

She tried to sort out her alien feelings towards the brown-eyed girl, but to no avail. So she simply resorted to leaving the girl in the back of her thoughts. Instead she tried to focus on the bigger problem at hand and conjured up various solutions to that.

She sighed, burying her face in her hands. "Oh calamity…" she wryly thought to herself, slumping against the wall of gigantic hollow trunk she'd taken refuge in for the past few days. She'd had no company with the outside world for two days now, and the transition from living in the city to the mountains had a strange effect on her. The angel girl sighed resignedly, and closed her eyes in hopes of catching some missed sleep.

Suddenly there was the sound of light footsteps, but she was too tired to hear. They got louder and louder, and the angel dozed off further and further, dreaming about brown eyes and fleeting smiles.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me THAT easily, did you?"

Taeyeon's eyes shot open and she was on her feet in a flash, ready to flee if needed. She looked up, anticipating anything.

Well, almost anything.

What she didn't expect though, was to see Jessica Jung standing in front of her with her arms folded across her chest and a smirk on her gloriously radiant features.

"Hey there." The brunette smiled at her slyly, brown eyes flashing with something unknown and somehow discerning in the most comforting way. Taeyeon's eyes widened in disbelief.

"How… how did you…" She stuttered, her jaw reaching the ground.

Jessica chuckled, and slowly made her way over to the stunned angel. "Hmm, I'm not really sure. I'll have you know it didn't take long though, although I can't explain why."

Taeyeon's breath caught in as Jessica finally stood directly in front of her. "How did you find me?" She asked breathlessly, backing away as Jessica slowly advanced.

The smirk reappeared on the brunette's face. "For some reason I just knew where you were headed."

"How did you get here?"

"That's a secret."

"Who told you where I was?"

"No one."

"Why'd you come?"

Jessica grinned coyly as Taeyeon's back finally hit the wall. She leaned closer, fondly brushing a strand of blonde hair out of the cornered girl's face. Taeyeon's hands hung limply by her sides, and Jessica leaned in until their noses were centimeters apart. She looked into the angel's dark onyx eyes, searching.

"I think you already know why."

The brown eyes closed and the distance between them disappeared. Taeyeon's senses were suddenly heightened as a rush of something warm and fuzzy invaded her chest. She felt Jessica's warm hand land on her cheek and tilt her head up to kiss her better, and her soft lips slowly deepened the kiss. They broke apart for a few seconds to catch their breaths, brown orbs drowning in onyx. Jessica's other hand landed on Taeyeon's hip and she sent the angel a coy grin before connecting their lips again.

The angel girl found herself responding, her lips moving in synch with the other girl. Jessica's tongue slid across the other girl's lips asking for entrance, which the angel tentatively allowed. Their tongues began a slow dance for dominance which Jessica quickly won, her tongue sensually claiming the trapped girl's in a stirring manner.

Taeyeon wasn't sure what it was about the other girl. Maybe it was her baby brown eyes. Or her soft chestnut hair. Or her pale, perfect skin. Maybe it was the way she looked at the angel like a tiger would its breakfast. Or the way her touch lit Taeyeon's skin on fire, leaving a burning tingly sensation. Or the way her tongue claimed Taeyeon's in a matter of seconds. Or the way she managed to find, touch, and kiss, the girl in less than two days.

Whatever it was, it attracted the angel enough it wrap her arms around Jessica's neck and kiss her back.

They finally broke apart. As Taeyeon leaned against the wall of the hollowed wood to catch her breath, Jessica planted light feathery kisses on her porcelain neck. Neither could bring themselves to move from the other's embrace.

Then there was a slight rumble.

The unmistakable rumble of hooves pounding the ground.

Both looked up to see the distant form of thousands of dark steeds with glinting black coats and dilated, maddened eyes slowly coming closer and closer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Faster.

Faster.

They ran, the angel in front with Jessica close behind. Hearts pounding, legs burning, lungs ready to explode.

"Wh-What do we do?" Jessica called to Taeyeon between breaths, casting quick glances behind them.

Taeyeon quickly glanced back at the approaching threat as they ran. There was little possibility of survival if she were to confront them and still protect Jessica. There was also little chance of outrunning them.

There was just too many.

Hopelessness began to steep into Taeyeon's senses, but she pressed on after glancing at the brunette behind her.

The two stumbled through the now snowy forest. It had begun to snow soon after Jessica's arrival. Snow soon dusted both girl's hair and clothes, as well as the ground. They weaved through the trees as fast as they could, but it simply wasn't enough. They needed another plan.

"Watch out!" She vaguely heard Jessica yell from behind her, but she was five seconds too late. Her eyes widened as she saw the hole in the ice beneath her feet, giving way to dark blue freezing water.

Cold.

She thrashed her limbs, feeling a strange sense of déjà vu as she opened her eyes in time to see air bubbles escape from her lungs, rising to the light at the surface that was too far to reach.

Choking.

Drowning.

Flailing for the hazy light that was so close, yet so far away.

Taeyeon felt the cold seeping through her jacket, into her limbs. "Well this is it…" she thought, and resigned her numb body to the bitter bleakness of the icy water.

She sunk lower and lower, the light above her getting smaller. Suddenly a nebulous figure appeared in the light and reached her hands down into the icy depths of the water, firmly grasping Taeyeon's collar. She felt herself getting hauled up towards the light, closer and closer, and suddenly-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



……

"Tae… Taeyeon…"

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon!"



Her eyes tore opened and were met with glaring sunlight and clear blue skies. All she could hear was the thudding of her heart and her ragged breathing coming in desperate gasps for air. Someone sat her up, a pair of steady hands on her back. Taeyeon's own hands were grasping for something solid to steady herself.

"Taengoo! Are you okay?" A frantic, familiar voice struck her senses.

She looked up to see wide baby brown eyes staring at her and firm slender hands grasping her shoulders. Taeyeon managed a nod during chokes, looking down to find herself sitting in a beautiful sunny pool with soaked dark blue running shorts and a black tank top that had ridden up, exposing her pale tonned stomach.

The brown-eyed girl sighed in relief, visibly relaxing into the bright clear water of the luxurious sunny pool. Her chocolate brown hair cascaded down her back in beautiful waves and she looked at Taeyeon with affection, worry, and relief evident in her eyes. "Don't ever do that again! I thought you were drowning!" She said, pulling Taeyeon into a tight embrace.

Taeyeon just stared at the girl, not quite processing everything. "Je- Jessica?" She asked hesitantly.

Jessica looked over at her weirdly. "Yes?" She tilted her head curiously.

Taeyeon blinked. "Jessica!" She exclaimed, reaching out to hold the brunette's shoulders.

Jessica glared at her in confusion. "What?!" She asked, now mildly annoyed.

"Are you okay? Why are you all wet?" Taeyeon asked, quickly scanning the other girl for signs of injury.

The brunette looked even more confused. "I jumped in the pool to save you, idiot! And I should be asking you that. You were the one who just fell in the pool."

Taeyeon's eye twitched. "But the horses- and the snow- and the mountains-" She stuttered.

"Taengoo." Jessica cut her off. "We're at your beach house. In Korea. By the beach. In Korea. Are you sure you're alright? Did you hit your head when you fell or something?"

Taeyeon just stared at her blankly, not responding. Jessica sighed. "Why don't you get changed? The girls are gonna be here any minute now." She said, standing up to wring out her own soaked attire.

Taeyeon slowly stood, finally processing everything. A small grin found its way on her face as she followed Jessica back into the large spacious house.

"Oh, Taengoo?"

"Hm?" She responded, turning to face Jessica.

"Don't fall in the pool again 'kay? I hate changing out of wet clothes." Jessica grinned, pressing her lips against the other soaked girl in a gentle sweet kiss.

"I won't. I'm sorry." Taeyeon murmured against her lover's lips. She felt Jessica's hands rest on her waist for a brief second before they broke apart, and Jessica went to get changed. Her leapt leapt briefly in joy before following the girl into the house.


Make them dance, just like you
Cuz you make me move
Yeah you always make me go…


~FIN.~

 

"Find You" by Zedd ft. Matthew Koma & Miriam Bryant