It's Not Christmas Without You

Put Your Love In Lights

I wrote this after Mommy Taeng but it somehow made it up after. Just some quick, fluffy Taengsic because I think the holiday season is the best.

 

Happy Holidays :)



 

“Really? Great! Well see you soon. Mhm. Yeah. I got it. Alright unnie, drive safely!” Im Yoona  hung up the phone and all but sprinted to the kitchen. “Jessie, Fany unnie said they’d be here in an hour.”

 

“WHAT?! THAT’S TOO SOON!” Jessica Jung hollered, and turned her head to the upper level of the luxurious but cozy house. “JUNG SOOJUNG GET YOUR DOWN HERE NOW AND HELP US!”

 

The younger of the Jung sisters appeared after a few moments, wearing simple black jeans and a simple red button-up, donning a Santa hat on her blonde hair. She quickly scampered down the stairs. “I never thought I’d live to see the day that you, Jessica Jung Sooyeon, cooked good food.”

 

“It hasn’t come yet; Yoona and Hyoyeon are doing all the cooking.” Jessica mumbled, her face flushing a light shade of pink.

 

Krystal rolled her eyes but laughed nonetheless. “Saw that coming. Thanks again unnies!” She flashed a grin and a thumbs-up to her Soshi unnies.

 

“Anything for our precious baby Jung!” Hyoyeon called back. Yoona laughed her alligator laugh.

 

“Anything to save you all from getting cancer!” She called to the younger.

 

“Yah! What do you mean?” Jessica glared at her dongsaeng who was still laughing.

 

“Burnt food gives you cancer unnie. You wouldn’t want that would you?” Yoona looked up innocently at Jessica, who mumbled something under her breath and turned away.

 

“Oh come on Sica, lighten up! It’s your Christmas party for crying out loud!” Hyoyeon called out as she shoved a sort of meat in the oven.

 

“Yeah, you should be more excited!” Yoona agreed as she skillfully poured some oil in a pan.

 

“It’s not like I agreed to host this anyway. You two losers are the ones who brought it up.” Jessica grumbled, clearing the clutter on her dining table.

 

“Yeah, and that’s why we’re so generously helping you cook!” Yoona said gleefully as whatever she was making made a brilliant sizzling noise as she tossed it around.

“Plus, it’s been awhile since all of us got together you know?” Hyoyeon said as she sprinkled some salt into her dish.

 

Jessica sighed. “I know, I know. I’m not actually upset, just tired.”

 

Yoona grinned. “Oh I know what’ll get you up.” She shared a mischievous glance with Hyoyeon and Krystal.

 

Jessica looked up blearily. “Huh?”

 

“A certain Kim Taeyeon should be showing her face too, isn’t that right Soojungie?” Yoona cooed to the youngest Jung who smirked in reply.

 

“That’s right unnie. Taeng actually texted me that she’d be running a little late though.” Krystal said, glancing down at her phone.

 

Jessica’s head shot up. “What? Why?” She demanded, turning her now completely alert gaze to her sister.

 

Krystal shrugged. “Well I’m glad she said she’ll make it. Taeyeon unnie’s pretty busy these days.” She said, sharing a mournful glance with Yoona and Hyoyeon.

 

Jessica groaned and leaned her head on the table. “Whatever. She better show her face, that stupid midget.” She grumbled to herself as she shuffled upstairs. “I’m gonna go change.”

 

With that, she disappeared up the stairs and into her room. Hyoyeon and Yoona shared a worried glance. “What if Taeng can’t make it?” Yoona whispered.

 

Hyoyeon cast a glance at where Jessica had walked off. “I don’t know, but she’ll be so disappointed.”

 

Krystal sighed. “Well I have faith in Taeyeon unnie. Let’s just hope she’ll make it.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“JESSIE! WE’RE HERE!”

 

Jessica scurried down the stairs and broke out into a huge grin. “Fany! So glad you made it!” She squealed, embracing her fellow American.

 

Tiffany grinned. “So am I! What’s cooking? Smells good!” She said, casually tossing her jacket on the armchair next to the door and kicking her shoes off as she headed towards the kitchen.

 

“Hey! You made it!” Hyoyeon grinned happily as she threw something else in the oven.

 

Tiffany grinned and flashed a peace sign. “You bet I did! The roads are awful by the way. I hope everyone else’ll be okay.”

 

Krystal entered the kitchen. “Omo, Fany unnie! You’re here!” She grinned and quickly ran to hug the older girl.

 

Tiffany broke out into another wide smile. “Yah, Soojungie! Why haven’t you texted me in such a long time? I missed you!” She teased the younger, patting her back. “Cute hat by the way.”

 

“Thanks.” Krystal grinned. “Oh, someone else just pulled up.”

 

The door opened again. “We’re here!” A familiar voice filled the air. “Where’s the food?”

 

Tiffany cringed, but quickly resumed her Totoro smile. “Yuri!” She hollered, and flew out of the kitchen with Krystal to greet the other.

 

“Hey, I’m here too!” Sooyoung frowned.

 

Unnie! Come here, I have some food for you to try!” Yoona called from the kitchen, and Sooyoung immediately flew to the brightly lit kitchen.

 

“Yuri ah, there you are!” Jessica wrapped her arms around the tanned girl in a tight hug. “How was the drive?”

 

“It . We almost crashed into a policeman.” Yuri grinned, slinging an arm around Jessica.

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. “Is he okay?”

 

Well we didn’t hit him so yeah, he’s fine!” Yuri flashed a victorious grin at Jessica who rolled her eyes but chuckled anyway.

 

“Hey, this is really good!” Sooyoung’s voice came from the kitchen. She was holding a spoon in her hand, chewing something.

 

“Don’t eat everything before the others get here.” Hyoyeon teased the shikshin who glared at her.

 

Suddenly the door opened again. “SOMEBODY SAVE ME!”

Heads turned to the door. “Sunny?” Jessica called, making her way over.

 

“Um, are you okay unnie?” Krystal joined her sister at the door.

 

Sunny looked rather frazzled, standing next to a sheepish Seohyun. “Oh I’m great, peachy. Remind me to never get in a car with her as the driver when it’s snowing ever again.” She pushed her way past the siblings and joined everyone else in the kitchen.

 

The sisters exchanged a glance but shrugged. “Okay, as long as she’s alive.”

 

Seohyun neatly lined her shoes up in a perfectly aligned pair. “It’s not my fault there was ice everywhere.” She complained, entering the house.

 

Jessica laughed. “Oh maknae. So innocent, yet so lethal.” She sighed, having experienced Seohyun’s driving firsthand.

 

Krystal chuckled and rejoined everyone else in the kitchen and dining rooms. “Unnie, I’ll finish setting the table.” She called to Jessica.

 

“Alright.” Jessica called back. “So, when can we eat?” She asked, turning to the two chefs.

 

Hyoyeon grinned as she took the pork out of the oven. “About now.”

 

“YAY!” A collective cheer rose up from the noisy girls, and they instantly flocked to the dining room where the extensive table was waiting.

 

Jessica grinned but glanced at the door.

 

“Why isn’t she here yet…”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Cheers! To a merry Christmas and an awesome dinner party!” Sooyoung yelled, holding up a glass. The rest followed and laughed along happily, but Jessica couldn’t help but glance at the door every few minutes.

 

Tiffany noticed, and leaned her head towards Yoona. “Hey, we should save some food for Taeyeon.”

 

Yoona nodded, keeping an eye on Jessica. “Taeyeon unnie said she’s stuck in traffic. Don’t worry, she’ll definitely be here soon.”

 

Just as she said that, the front door opened unbeknownst to everyone but Yoona, who was just contacted by the Kid Leader. Taeyeon soon appeared in the dining room doorway, with Jessica’s back facing her. She grinned at her members and quietly snuck behind the oldest Jung to cover her eyes.

 

Jessica instantly froze when someone’s warm hands covered her eyes. “Which one of you idiots is it now- oh.” She removed the hands from her eyes and turned around to be greeted by the smiling face of Kim Taeyeon.

 

“Hey baby.” Taeyeon chuckled, wrapping her arms around Jessica’s sitting form and nuzzling her neck.

 

Jessica held back a grin as she glared at her members and sister. “You said she might not make it!”

 

“But we never said she wouldn’t.” Yuri emphasized, and everyone was smiling again and greeting their beloved leader who took a seat next to Jessica.

 

“I missed you.” Taeyeon smiled, and Jessica’s heart was fluttering again, blinded by the bright smile.

 

*click*

 

Sooyoung stood next to Yuri with a camera in her hands. “Smile!” She said, snapping another photo.

 

“Taengsic! Oh my gosh, this is the best day ever!” Hyoyeon cheered dramatically, raising her glass to the sky.

 

“Cheers! To our smooth Taeyeon unnie and our pabo Sica!” Sunny teased, holding up her glass. Everyone cheered and toasted to  a fuming Jessica and a laughing Taeyeon.

 

“Hold on! Why am I a pabo? You’re a bigger pabo!” Jessica whined, reluctantly clicking glasses with Taeyeon who chuckled.

 

“Merry Christmas guys.” Krystal laughed, looking around at her squabbling unnies. Yuri pulled the younger Jung into a hug.

 

“Merry Christmas Baby Jung!” Tiffany hollered, and soon everyone was gathered around in one gigantic group hug.

 

“Ew! Yoona, your breath smells like meat!” Hyoyeon complained from somewhere in the pile. Everyone laughed, including Yoona who took the liberty of breathing heavily in Hyoyeon’s face.

 

“It’s not Christmas without you.” Taeyeon murmured to Jessica as they pulled out of the group. Jessica’s cheeks heated slightly, and she smiled sweetly at the kid leader.

 

“It’s not Christmas without you either. Merry Christmas Taeng.” She whispered, brushing her lips against the girl’s ear.


“Merry Christmas Sooyeon.”