Chemicals Collide: Just Keep On Floating

Put Your Love In Lights

"What's that?"

 

Jessica looked up from her math homework to look at the short brunette sprawled out on her bed. "What's what?"

 

Taeyeon squinted slightly. "That." She said, pointing to a picture in Jessica's bedside.

 

Jessica took a look. It was a picture of her old school, Bugil. The picture was taken right after the Hansung leader left, and they won their big fight. Jessica couldn't help but smile at the memory.

 

"That's my old school." She replied, returning her gaze back to her homework to hide her small grin.

 

Taeyeon tilted her head. "Wow. You went to Bugil? I went to Hansung." She remarked casually.

 

 

……

 

Jessica turned to stare at the girl, dumbfounded. "Huh?" She said blankly.

 

Taeyeon nodded. "Yeah, I used to get in a ton of fights. I don't think I ever fought you though." She said ever so casually, making Jessica's mind go blank.

 

The Jung’s eyes were a big as saucers.

"You- Han- fight- I-" she stuttered, trying to form coherent thoughts.

 

Taeyeon looked over at her. "What?"

 

Jessica almost choked on her own spit. "Y-You were in Hansung?"

 

"Yeah. Can't say I really liked it there though." Taeyeon replied, stretching out on Jessica's bed.

 

Jessica stared at her, trying to comprehend the meaning of this new information. "Did you, by any chance, move here in February?" She asked hesitantly.

 

Taeyeon nodded. "Oh, so that was you? I heard about the fight where you guys kicked their butts." She remarked, rolling over and grabbing Jessica's pillow.

 

Jessica blushed, suddenly feeling slightly embarrassed in an odd way. "Well- yeah. Yeah." She said, finding herself unable to say anymore.

 

Taeyeon chuckled lightly. "Mmm, that's nice. Well I'm glad I never fought you." She said with a yawn.

 

"Why?" Jessica's curiosity got the better of her.

 

"Because then we wouldn't be friends right now." Taeyeon replied with an innocent smile on her kiddy face.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. "So you've known who I was all this time?" She asked for confirmation.

 

"Well it took me a few minutes to figure it out at first, but once I heard the name I knew." Taeyeon was completely honest.

 

Jessica facepalmed. "Oh my God. I can't believe you never told me!" She groaned incredulously, shooting a half-hearted glare at the girl.

 

Taeyeon shrugged. "I forgot. You're way prettier in person, by the way."

 

Jessica felt her face heat to a blazing shade of red as her mind went blank. Taeyeon laughed her infamous ahjumma laugh and winked at her teasingly, which only served to infuriate the embarrassed girl.

 

"Y-Yah! Stop being weird!" Jessica chucked a nearby magazine at the still-laughing girl, who deftly blocked it with the pillow she was embracing.

 

"It's true though." Taeyeon teased, with a mischievous twinkle in her almond shaped eyes. Jessica rolled her eyes and turned away to hide her flushing cheeks.

 

"Stupid midget." She muttered under her breath, just loud enough for Taeyeon to hear.

 

She received a chuckle in response.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

"Yah, stop it!" Sooyoung batted at Yoona's hand on her face. Yoona laughed but complied nonetheless. The group was walking home after a long day at school, and today it was just Sooyoung and Yoona along with the Jung.

 

"My street's here, so I'll see you guys later." Sooyoung said. Yoona followed suit, since her house was near the tall girl's, and Jessica was left alone. A contented smile made its way across the Jung's face as she waved goodbye to her friends. Life was fun; it was good here. Much better than she'd originally anticipated. Her friends were amazing, her schoolwork was hard but still interesting, and Taeyeon was here.

 

Taeyeon.

 

Just the name brought a smile to her face.

 

The girl was special; that was evident. The effect she had on the Jung was unexplainable. Why it was like this, she didn't know. But she figured she had time to figure out her feelings for the girl, and she resolved to stick to friendship for now.

 

"Hey." A voice sounded next to her.

 

"Speak of the devil." A grin made its way over Jessica's features, and she turned her head to see a smiling Taeyeon. "Where've you been all day?" The short girl asked merrily, falling in step comfortably besides the other girl.

 

Jessica internally smiled at the close contact. "Nowhere special. What about you Miss Kim?" She replied, lightly nudging Taeyeon’s shoulder with her own.

 

Taeyeon hummed, and shrugged. "Well Tiffany's sick. I was gonna go pay her a visit later, you wanna come?"

 

Jessica raised an eyebrow. "Oh, Tiffany? No wonder I didn't see her today. Where does she live?" The blonde inquired.

 

Taeyeon waved her hand about. "Pretty close. We all live around the same area don't we? She's a little down from the street next to Yoona's. We can walk from my place."

 

Jessica nodded. "Okay, let's go. Are you going now?"

 

Taeyeon shrugged. "Yeah, since tomorrow's Saturday. I don't have too much work, and her parents are out of town so she's home alone."

 

Jessica chuckled, imagining the pitiful expression on her friend's face as she lay securely beneath her pink duvet. "I'll come with you. She texted me earlier anyway." Jessica said, tucking her phone securely in her pocket.

 

Taeyeon grinned. "Cool. It's right this way, come on!" She said excitedly, grabbing Jessica's wrist and pulling her along. On the way, they stopped by the store and bought some pink tissues and pink candy. After tripping over the sidewalk (“You are so klutzy, gosh”), stopping to pet a puppy (“But it’s so cute!”), and eating half the candy they bought (“What? I’m hungry, don’t judge me!”) the duo managed to reach Tiffany's house with little malfunction.

 

Taeyeon bent down and got a key from under the mat. "She might be sleeping." She explained as she opened the door. Jessica just nodded and followed Taeyeon inside. It was a nice house; all the houses in the area were. She took off her shoes hastily, put them next to Taeyeon’s, and followed the Kim up the stairs.

 

They walked down the carpeted hallway and stopped at a bright pink door. Just as Taeyeon raised her hand to knock, Tiffany's groggy voice sounded from behind the door. "Jessi? Tae Tae?" She croaked.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica exchanged surprised glances, and Taeyeon pushed the door open. "What are you, psychic?" She joked as she set the bag down by Tiffany's bedside.

 

Tiffany looked adorably miserable, with her body buried under a mass of fluffy pink blankets and pillows. Only her nose, eyes, and forehead were visible. "I felt your presence." She mumbled deliriously, pulling her blankets up with a dismal sniff.

 

Jessica chuckled softly at the sight and sat on the ground next to the sick girl’s low bed. "Are you feeling better?" She asked, feeling Tiffany's forehead.

 

Tiffany cast a sleepy glance at her. "A little. My fever's gone down, but I'm still coughing." She said, sounding quite stuffy. Jessica smiled at the rather cute sight and grabbed the store bag Taeyeon had left sitting on the floor.

 

"We brought you some pink things." Jessica smiled, holding up the box of tissues. Tiffany's eyes curved into a crescents and she giggled softly in gratitude.

 

"Thanks Jessi. I love you." She muttered, breaking into coughs after. Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Aigoo, our poor Fany-ah." She sat next to Jessica and ruffled the sick girl’s hair.

 

Tiffany sniffed pitifully. "Can one of you get me some water?" She asked, feeling thirsty.

 

Both of them jumped up. "I'll get it!" They said at the same time, then exchanged glances.

 

"Tae, I'll grab it. You stay with Fany." Jessica said, getting up.

 

"No way, you don't know where it is anyway, and you'll probably accidentally blow something up. Sit Sica, I'll get it." Taeyeon pulled her back down. "Stay with Fany and talk in English or something. I'll be right back." She shot a grin over her shoulder and quickly left the room before Jessica could protest.

 

Jessica sighed, but remained where she was next to Tiffany, who giggled. "What?" She asked, turning her head to the pink lover quizzically.

 

"You guys look like a married couple." Tiffany giggled to her American friend, her eyes in crescents already. Jessica felt her cheeks warm.

 

"Yah, where did that come from?" She complained, shoving Tiffany teasingly. Tiffany continued her laughing.

 

"Do you like TaeTae Jessi?" She asked excitedly, now wide-awake. Jessica raised an eyebrow at the girl.

 

"Why are you asking such weird questions? I think you should get some sleep." She responded, quickly shoving a pink tissue up the girl's nose to avoid the question. Tiffany snorted in surprise and frantically struggled to get the thing out of her nose.

 

"I'm being serious Jessi! I think she likes you too! She's never so… so affected by people you know." Tiffany defended her nose from round two of pink tissue while maintaining a serious tone and gaze.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes despite her blush. "What are you talking about Tiff, we're just friends." She said, reaching for a candy and avoiding her friend’s eyes.

 

Tiffany frowned. "You should know what I'm talking about Jung Sooyeon. Gimme a candy." She opened and Jessica popped one in.

 

"Mm, strawberrry." Tiffany flashed a happy eyesmile and continued. "Anyway, I was thinking that you two would be awfully cute toge-"

 

"Who?" Taeyeon appeared at the door holding three glasses of water. Jessica whipped around at the sound and her blush intensified as she shot a death glare at Tiffany.

 

"Hi TaeTae!" Tiffany happily greeted the shorter girl as she set the glasses on the table by Tiffany's bed, fully revived. "We were just talking about you!" She continued on happily, ignoring Jessica's furious warning glares.

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "Oh really? What about me?" She asked, making herself comfortable next to Jessica.

 

"Well I was saying that you and Jessi would make a great cou-umph!" Tiffany suddenly found another tissue up her nose as Jessica glared at her threateningly.

 

Taeyeon arched her brow skeptically. "What was that?" She calmly sipped at her water.

 

Jessica turned to face her with a sickly sweet smile. "Oh nothing really. Tiffany's just tired. Want some candy Tae?" She swiftly changed the subject, showing some candy in Taeyeon's mouth.

 

Taeyeon promptly shut up after that, focusing her attention on the candy in . Jessica's phone suddenly went off on the table. She looked over to see a text, and her eyes widened.

 

"Jessica Jung, where on earth have you been? We all miss you… why haven't you texted me? When are you coming back?" -Hara

 

Hara?!

 

"Who is it?" Tiffany asked curiously. Jessica stared blankly at her phone for a few moments, then swiftly stuffed it in her pocket.

 

"It's no one. Just some guy from school." She smoothly lied, flashing a smile to the other two girls. "I'm gonna head home soon since Krystal needs dinner. I'll see you guys tomorrow okay?" She quickly got up and grabbed her bag.

 

"Alright then. Text me later Jessi!" Tiffany smiled at her friend. “And tell Krystal I said hi!”

 

"I will. Feel better mushroom!" Jessica smiled and waved.

 

"See you Sica." Taeyeon smiled, opening her arms.

 

Jessica accepted the hug, inhaling the other girl's sweet scent. "Bye Tae." She breathed out quickly, then raced out the door.

 

"Jessica Jung, where on earth have you been? We all miss you… why haven't you texted me? When are you coming back?" -Hara

 

"When are you coming back…"

 

Jessica's mind was racing. She'd forgotten all about going back.

 

"And just when I was settling down…"

 

She entered her house slightly out of breath, disgruntled and a mess. Daehyun was standing by the door.

 

"Hey kiddo, guess what? You're in the clear." He said casually, flashing her a smile.

 

"Huh?" Jessica stared blankly at him, not registering what he had said.

 

"You've been good these past few weeks. You're good to go." He said with a small smile.

 

Jessica could only look at him. Chohee appeared from the kitchen and stood next to him. "Jessica, you can go home." She said softly, clasping her hands together and shooting Jessica a sad smile.

 

"Home…"

 

"Home…"

 

"So? How does that sound?" Daehyun asked after taking a breath.

 

"I…" Jessica trailed off as she saw Krystal standing on top of the staircase. There was consternation evident on her features. She looked at Jessica with shock, surprise, and undeniable hurt.

 

"You… you're leaving?" She asked meekly. It came out as a whisper.

 

Jessica swallowed thickly. "Soojung, I-"

 

"But you just got here." Krystal replied, fighting down hot tears.

 

Jessica felt her heartstrings snap. "I just-"

 

"It's fine unnie. I was just surprised, that's all." Krystal shot her a weak grin, then hastily spun around and went back to her room, disappearing from sight with her hand over .

 

"Soojung wait-" Jessica began, but the girl's door had already closed.

 

Daehyun turned to look up, and he looked back with a sad expression. "It's your decision Jessica. You don't have to go if you don't want to." He said softly, searching the girl's face.

 

"You're always welcomed to stay with us." Chohee added, looking at her anxiously. "Always."

 

Jessica looked from her phone to where Krystal had been standing. "I-I need to think about this. I'm sorry." She hastily bowed to the couple, and sprinted up the stairs to her room.

 

Jessica Jung didn't sleep that night.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When the morning is breaking

And your heart is shaking

I remember how it feels right now


 

"Sica? Sica? Are you okay? Hellooo?" A hand waved in front of Jessica's face again. Sooyoung's concerned face popped in her line of vision.

 

Jessica blinked, and forced a smile at her friend. "I'm fine." She responded, pushing Sooyoung's long arm away from her face.

 

Sooyoung snorted. "Don't give me that Jung. You've been out of it for the past few days, and 'I'm just tired' isn't an excuse anymore. Tell us what's wrong." She demanded, as everyone else looked at her concernedly.

 

Jessica looked around and sighed. Suddenly her shoulders felt much heavier, and she was so tired. "It's good to talk to people Sica. Don't keep everything in to yourself." Taeyeon's words echoed in her head. She took a breath and decided to spill.

 

"So you know how I told you about my whole school situation, and all that?" She asked, fidgeting with her hands.

 

She received eight nods in response.

 

"I can go back now." She said quietly, avoiding their gazes.

 

A heavy silence settled over the girls. Surprise, shock, and sadness etched in their expressions. Yoona was first to break the silence.

 

"A-Are you leaving?" She asked, looking up at Jessica. Jessica sighed.

 

"I don't know Yoong." She said softly, gently cupping the younger girl's face in her hands. "I don't know."

 

"B-But you can't go! You've only been here a month!" Yuri said with dismay, waving her hands about.

 

"Yeah! There's so many restaurants we haven't been to yet!" Sooyoung said, looking rather distressed. They all suddenly spoke up at once, chiming in random thoughts and notions. Jessica almost backed away from their chaos.

 

Taeyeon was quiet. Jessica looked at the girl. "Tae?" She whispered shakily. Taeyeon looked over with pensive eyes.

 

"It's your choice Sica. Don't worry though, I'm here for you." She said quietly, loud enough for only Jessica to hear as they locked gazes. Jessica bit her lip, remembering her conversation with Hara over the phone.

 

"Jessica! I heard you're coming back! It's about time don't you think?" Hara greeted her brightly from the other end of the phone.

 

Jessica bit her lip. "Yeah, I guess it's been a little while."

 

Hara laughed. "Yeah, like a whole month! I totally hate the school board.  Like, who do they think they are to send you away? It shouldn't even be their choice to make." She said scornfully.

 

Jessica fidgeted with her hands. "I guess."

 

"So how are you? Gotten in any good fights over there? I can't believe you haven't called me in like forever!" Hara exclaimed.

 

Jessica looked at her nails. "You know I wasn't allowed to." She replied neutrally.

 

Hara sighed. "I know, but still! It's been so long." She said quietly, and Jessica found herself relishing the sound of her good friend's voice.

 

Jessica bit her lip. "Are you doing well? What about the others? Are they all okay?" She asked, curiosity and concern rising up in her chest for her peers and friends.

 

Hara laughed. "They're all fine. They miss you though. It's not the same without our infamous Jung leader around. The gang's wondering how you're doing too."

 

A smile crept over Jessica's lips. "I'm glad they haven't forgotten about me yet." She said lightly, sitting down on her bed.

 

"How could they? You're their shining inspiration. You're a legend here Jung, so come back soon okay?" Hara said. Jessica's face fell. She swallowed thickly.

 

"Um, about that." She started.

 

"Hm?"

 

"I-I don't know if I'll come back." Jessica confessed, only stuttering slightly. There, she said it.

 

There was silence on the other end of the phone, and Jessica held her breath. Then laughter. "Don't be silly Jung, of course you're coming back. You've been good over there haven't you?" Hara asked, misunderstanding the blonde's intentions.

 

Jessica in a breath. "No, that's not what I meant Hara."

 

A stunned silence, then an "Oh."

 

Jessica pursed her lips in a thin line. "Yeah."

 

"… are you really… considering…staying there? For good?" Hara asked hesitantly.

 

Jessica sighed. "Yeah. It's just… I don't know Hara, there's a lot going for me here. Nothing’s definite yet, but I just think there’s a lot of good opportunities here."

 

"But there's a lot for you here too!" Hara said frantically. "You have the school. You're the top of our grade! Even if the teachers hate you, your grades don't lie. And the gang! You're our leader for crying out loud! And you have us." She said, quieting. "We're waiting for you."

 

Jessica almost choked. This was too much. "Hara, I-"

 

"Look Jung, don't misunderstand me. I've known you for five years; I'm not mad. I just… I never thought this would happen, you know? If you really like it there that much, then stay. It's your choice. But you need to settle things here cuz we'll need a new leader. It's not the same without you." Hara said quietly, seriously.

 

Jessica said nothing.

 

"I guess you're really considering this huh? Well take your time Jung. Just know we'll be here when you're ready to come home." Hara said upon receiving no response. "See you Jung." And she hung up.

 

Jessica buried her face in her hands. "Why are things so complicated?" She internally cried.

 

"Home…" Hara's words echoed in her mind. "Where is home now?"


She didn't have an answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Jessica quickly slipped out the door and into the moonlit May night. She was stressed and feeling rebellious; she desperately wanted a smoke. The past few days had been rather hectic mentally; balancing her schoolwork and thoughts, and emotions and friends. She put on a mask, saying she was fine and smiling away which got her through most of the day.

 

Jessica exhaled slightly as she stuffed her hands in the pockets of her black jacket and headed to their spot by the pond. It was a beautiful night; a bright full moon illuminated the water and a slight breeze created silver ripples on its surface. She walked onto the bridge that led from her side to the school and leaned against the railing of the bridge, overlooking the calm waters.

 

She took a cigarette from the pack in her pocket and lit it. The smell of smoke seeped into the air around her and thoughts of her new life swamped her mind. She wasn't sure how she felt anymore; everything was confusing and perplexing and nothing was making much sense to her anymore. She took a long draw on her cigarette, which was the only thing she knew at the time. The only familiar thing, reminiscent of her old life back in the city.

 

"I think you're doing fine now." A voice suddenly came from her left.

 

Jessica jumped, startled, and almost dropped her cigarette. She turned to see Taeyeon casually leaning against the side of the bridge right next to her, as if she'd been standing  there her whole life.

 

"You need to stop doing that." Jessica groaned, putting the cigarette back in .

 

Taeyeon chuckled. "Why would I? I'm having too much fun."

 

Jessica huffed and rolled her eyes, a puff of smoke escaping her lips. "Whatever Kim Taeyeon."

 

Taeyeon smirked and nudged the girl playfully. "You know you love me."

 

"Keep dreaming Kim."

 

Taeyeon laughed, and a silence fell over the two.

 

"I think you're doing fine Sica." Taeyeon's soft voice broke the silence.

 

Jessica looked over in mild surprise. The girl never failed to surprise her, always knowing exactly what was on the blonde's mind and always seeming to know how to help. Jessica couldn't place her finger on what it was about Kim Taeyeon; she felt a magnitude of attraction towards the shorter girl, even though they've only known each other for a few short weeks. The brunette was attractive, but that was a given. There was something else about her though, that attracted Jessica like a moth to light.

 

"How can you be so sure?" Jessica softly replied to Taeyeon, casting a forlorn glance out to the silvery water.

 

Taeyeon looked over at the girl. "I see the change in you Sica. I see what you're becoming, and how far you've come. You're doing fine Sica-yah, trust yourself."

 

Jessica turned to look at Taeyeon surprisedly. The shorter girl had turned her gaze out to the water but cast Jessica a meaningful glance from her periphery. Jessica glanced away, feeling a slight blush on her cheeks and she took a long draw on her cigarette. They stayed in silence for a little while, enjoying the other’s company and listening to the faint sounds of the night.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon's voice broke through the night. "I wish you'd stop doing that."

 

Jessica looked over questioningly. "What?" She asked, perplexed.

 

"That." Taeyeon gestured distastefully to the smoking stick in the Jung's mouth. “You know I hate those things.” Jessica chuckled in realization.

 

"This? Well what else am I supposed to do?" She asked the brunette with an amused smirk on her face, blowing out another ring of smoke.

 

"There's lots of things you can do besides that."

 

"Well what else can I do then?" Jessica drawled lazily, leaning on the rail of the bridge and blowing a cloud of smoke into the night teasingly.

 

Taeyeon looked over and Jessica's breath suddenly caught in from the intense gaze the Taeyeon was sending her way. Jessica suddenly felt self-conscious and cornered; her heart leaped in and began pounding much harder than it normally did.

 

"I'll help with that." Taeyeon's breathy suddenly sounded in her ear, and the cigarette was removed from between her lips in one fluid motion as Jessica suddenly found her back against the bridge rail with Taeyeon's face centimeters away. Taeyeon's dark onyx eyes met Jessica's for a split second, and soon her lips were pressed against Jessica's in a soft kiss. Suddenly all the blonde could think of was Taeyeon Taeyeon Taeyeon and nothing but Taeyeon and Taeyeon's lips on hers and Taeyeon's hands in her hair and Taeyeon's body pressed against hers and how good Taeyeon smelled and felt pressed so close to her. All she wanted was to hold the girl close and never let go.

 

The stirring sensation suddenly ignited in her stomach wasn't helping her good judgement either.

 

"Still bored?" Taeyeon smirked breathily, their faces centimeters apart. Jessica stared at her blankly, still pinned by the other. Taeyeon looked at her quizzically. "Hey, you okay?" She asked concernedly, pulling away slightly.

 

Jessica suddenly cupped Taeyeon's face in her hands and smashed her lips back on the other girl's without hesitation. Taeyeon seemed surprised, but quickly reciprocated Jessica's actions, kissing back with equal fervor. Jessica let her hands run over the other girl's figure, which elicited a breathy moan. She tensed as gasped slightly as Taeyeon tenderly ran her fingers up her spine and smiled into their kiss.

 

Despite her current worries, Jessica Jung slept very well much later that night.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Her friends avoided the topic. They sensed her discomfort and were considerate enough to leave it alone. They were upset though, that much was clear. Taeyeon would glance at her from time to time, but even she said nothing about it. Jessica was somewhat relieved though; if Taeyeon were to interject, Jessica's viewpoint would become completely skewed. She felt it wouldn't be fair to Hara and the others she'd left a short month ago.

 

Krystal began avoiding her too. Every time Jessica tried to initiate a conversation with the girl, she'd respond with short, one-worded answers, a forced smile that still looked sad, and make an excuse to leave shortly. It frustrates Jessica to no end, and it hurt to see the fear and sadness in Krystal's eyes. The very emotions she promised herself to never let her sister feel. Who would protect Soojung when she left?

 

And Taeyeon.

 

Kim Taeyeon.

 

Jessica bit her lip. Taeyeon was a complicated subject. Of course she would miss all her friends, but Taeyeon was a special exception that gained extra consideration from the Jung. They hadn't spoken of the kiss; they actually hadn't been able to see each other since.

 

Feelings, Jessica concluded, . Especially since Taeyeon was occupying literally half her thoughts these days.

 

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

 

Or, in this case, she.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Jessica's heart skipped a beat like it always did when the shorter girl appeared. "Yeah."

 

"You look stressed."

 

"I'm okay."

 

Taeyeon tilted her head. "You know, I've always thought home was where the heart was." She said casually, sitting down on the green grass next to the blonde.

 

"But how do you know where your heart is?" Jessica mumbled, leaning her chin on her knees.

 

Taeyeon chuckled softly. "That's a good question. I think if you know you're where you're loved, then you're home. It doesn't matter where you are physically, as long as you're content." She said thoughtfully, looking out to the pond where Jessica had run into her and Ginger.

 

Taeyeon, Jessica concluded, never failed to amaze her.

 

"Oh, it's almost eleven. I better go back and feed Ginger." Taeyeon broke the silence as she glanced at her phone. Jessica looked up with a small smile.

 

"Okay. I'll walk back with you." She said, getting up as well. "I need to get some things together anyway."

 

A frown ghosted over Taeyeon's lips but she said nothing. They walked together in a strangely comfortable silence, and once Jessica got to her house she headed upstairs to her room. She plopped down on her bed and stared up at the ceiling with a blank expression.

 

Jessica bit her lip. If she went back, she'd have Hara, Gyuri, and all her old friends. She'd be at the top of the school, and she'd be in fights all lot too of course. She'd have her old life back; the good old familiar life she was reluctant to leave.

 

But here she had new friends. New friends, as well as Chohee and Daehyun. She was doing well in school (even though she'd made a few enemies here and there) and she had Krystal whom she swore to protect. She had Sunny, with all her annoying aegyo and cuteness. She had Tiffany, her fellow Cali-born english speaker. She had Hyoyeon, the hilarious dancing queen who seemed to have an everlasting energy supply. She had Yuri, who was always there with a good joke and new prank to play on innocent passerbys. She had Sooyoung, that crazy shikshin who had the strangest sense of humor she'd ever encountered. She had Yoona, the ever-strange Yoona who admired her so and instantly took to calling Jessica "unnie." And she had sweet Seohyun, the adorable youngest whose infinite love for sweet potatoes was stranger than any love she'd seen before.

 

And Taeyeon, her Taeyeon. The all-knowing, yet completely childish dorky Kim Taeyeon. Taeyeon who was always there for her, and always had open arms to her. Taeyeon who always seemed to know what to say and when to say it. Taeyeon, crazy Taeyeon, who never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

 

Taeyeon whom she had kissed.

 

Suddenly Hara's voice ran in her mind. "We'll be here when you're ready to come home."

 

Taeyeon's words sounded right after. "It doesn't matter where you are physically as long as you're content."

 

Jessica bit her lip, exhaling.

 

And she made her decision.

 

The girl rolled off her bed and made her way to the kitchen, where Daehyun and Chohee were drinking tea. They looked up as she entered, and she took a breath.

 

"I've made up my mind."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When we're lost in the moment

The sky is exploding

Just keep on floating…


 

"She what?!"

 

"What do you mean she's gone?!"

 

"But she didn't say anything!"

 

Seohyun and Yoona looked ready to cry. "She didn't even say goodbye!"

 

Tiffany sniffed. "Jessi, how could you do this?" She said to the air.

 

Krystal remained stoic. "She's not in her room. She's not picking up her phone. I looked all over. I can't find her anywhere." She said, lowering her eyes to her hands.

 

"This is absurd! She's probably hiding somewhere." Sooyoung grumbled, although they all knew the truth.

 

"Tae, are you okay?" Hyoyeon looked over concernedly at the kiddy leader.

 

Taeyeon was silent. A million thoughts were racing through her mind, and she couldn't help the inevitable tearing of her heart panging in her chest. She raised her head to look at the starry night sky. The stars were twinkling, as if they knew something she didn't.

 

"Sica… what are you doing right now?"

 

..

 

"Hey there Miss Jung." A low spiteful voice sounded to Krystal's right.

 

Krystal held back a glare and continued walking. A snicker came from the voice. "Where's your unnie hmm?"

 

Krystal gritted her teeth, trying to swallow the lump in at the mention of Jessica. "None of your business." She said lowly.

 

A laugh. Then a tug at her hair. "Just you wait, . You'll get what's coming to you. Just cuz we can't touch Sulli anymore doesn't mean we can't get to you."

 

 

A bitter scoff. "Stupid guidance conselours put us on probation if she messed with her. But they never said anything about you." They ended with a hiss.

 

And they left, laughing as they did.

 

Krystal took a shaky breath, trying to fight down the growing apprehension in her chest.


At least Sulli would be safe.

 


I hope this was a good read! Sorry for any grammatical errors, I can never catch them all. 

If there's anything in the story you're confused about, feel free to ask :)

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think!