Of Crickets and Trees

Put Your Love In Lights
It was a quiet day.
 
Tiffany Hwang closed her bright brown eyes with a content smile. It was a warm day. Winter was ending and spring was in its early stages. One of the best times to be outside; experiencing the seventy degree weather was refreshing after so much cold. (Fahrenheit haha) She leaned back in the green grass, feeling the late morning sun on her cheeks. The Soshi girls had taken a break and travelled to Taeyeon's house for their precious days off. Taeyeon lived in a lovely neighborhood, and since her family was out for the week it was only ideal that the girls stay at her place. It was also a quiet neighborhood; no one really came outside or minded any chaos from the girls.
 
"Unnie~" An excited voice said in her ear. She opened her eyes to be greeted by the smiling faces of Yoona and Seohyun. Yuri stood behind them with a smile as well.
 
"Hey guys." Tiffany greeted as they sat down in the grass next to her. They smiled happily, glad to join her in simply sitting under the sun.
 
"Where's everyone else?" Tiffany asked her friends as she stretched.
 
"They're still in the house." Yoona replied.
 
"Ah, okay." Tiffany replied, closing her eyes again.
 
They lapsed into a content, comfortable silence. Everything was warm and peaceful. Until an ear-piercing scream shattered the warm morning quiet.
 
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"
 
Tiffany's eyes snapped open and she quickly sat up. "What was that?" She asked.
 
Yoona shrugged, looking just as confused as she was. "No idea."
 
Tiffany looked around, and did a double take. The door to Taeyeon's house had suddenly been flung open and Kim Taeyeon ran out the open door and continued down the street, screaming bloody murder at the top of her lungs.
 
"Taeyeon! Wait!" Sunny called, sticking her head out the door.
 
"NOOO!!!! HOW COULD YOU?! THAT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL!!" She yelled back, still sprinting down the street at a fantastic speed. 
 
Tiffany, Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun could only stare at their leader's running figure. "Never seen that happen before." The pink monster muttered in stunned fascination.
 
Yuri nodded in agreement. "Yeah. Now I've seen it all."
 
Jessica suddenly ran out after her. "Taengoo, I'm sorry! I won't do it again, I swear!" She called after the running girl, giving chase.
 
Seohyun blinked. "Is that Jessica unnie?"
 
"Is she running?" Yoona asked, rather astonished.
 
Yuri looked on. "Wow. Now I've really seen it all."
 
The shorter girl had quickly scurried up a tree and curled up and shivering in its branches. Jessica reached the base of the tree with surprising speed. "Taengoo, I'm sorry! I didn't know you were scared of crickets!" She pleaded, trying to get the other girl to come down.
 
"Get that thing out of my house and don't come back till you've scrubbed the house sparkling clean." The now traumatized Taeyeon replied, hugging her knees to her chest.
 
Jessica sighed and pulled out her cell to called Sunny. "Sunny? Yeah she's in a tree. I'm trying to get her down. Yeah, I'm sorry! Can you get the cricket out of the house and clean? Thanks. I'm sorry! I'll calm her down, I promise." She said, then hung up and turned back to the tree.
 
"Taengoo, it's okay. I'm sorry, I won't do it again. Ever. Just come down?" Jessica begged, looking up at Taeyeon pleadingly.
 
Taeyeon didn't respond, nor did she come down. Jessica sighed. "Are you still scared?"
 
Silence.
 
The brunette sighed again, and went to the base of the tree. "Alright, fine." She said as she began heaving her way to Taeyeon's branch. Jessica slowly made her way up, almost falling a few times, but she steadily progress until finally she reached Taeyeon. Tentatively, she made her way over to Taeyeon and sat next to the shorter girl on the branch.
 
"I'm sorry." She said sincerely. Taeyeon refused to look at her or say anything. Jessica stared at the leader for a moment longer, then gingerly made her way down the tree. After she stood at the base of the tree for a few moments, Taeyeon followed. The shorter blonde was about to walk away, but Jessica stepped in her path, fully facing the blonde with guilty eyes.
 
"Hey, I'm really sorry Taeyeon. I didn't know you were scared of crickets." She said, tentatively reaching towards her. Taeyeon didn't reject her advance, so the taller girl slowly stepped forward to wrap the kid leader in a tentative, gentle hug.
 
Tiffany, Yoona, Yuri, and Seohyun could only sit and watch. "All this over a cricket?" Tiffany asked, breaking the stunned silence.
 
"Learn something new everyday
." Yuri commented nonchalantly. 
 
"I guess we shouldn't prank her like we were going too Yul." Yoona said mournfully.
 
Seohyun shot a glance at her unnies. "Definitely not." She said in wary affirmation. 
 
Jessica gently took Taeyeon's hand and led her towards the house and they disappeared inside, Jessica's hand on the small of Taeyeon's back.
 
Yuri smiled. "It's an interesting story they have there isn't it?"
 
Tiffany smiled as well. "Well now we know not to bring crickets around." She joked wryly.
 
Though none of them said so out loud, they really admired the understanding between the two older girls.