I'd Lie

Put Your Love In Lights
Song lyrics and thoughts are italicized. You'll know the difference. Based off Taylor Swift's "I'd Lie." Yes this is Taengsic. Also, some of the lyrics are changed here, so if you want the actual lyrics don't get them from here haha.
 
By the way, ideas for stories are always welcome, as well as feedback :)
 
Enjoy!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
I don’t think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me…
 
"Are we there yet? She whines.
 
I smile, sneaking a glance at her slumped form on my right. "Almost."
 
She tells me about her night
And I count the colors in her eyes…
 
"Then she almost punched the guy guy out but we held her back so she couldn't…"
 
I stare closely into her eyes as she speaks, watching the baby brown orbs sparkle with life.
 
"Beautiful." I murmur.
 
She looks at me. "What's that?" She asks.
 
 
"Nothing." I reply.
 
She'll never fall in love she swears
As she runs her fingers through her hair
I’m laughing cause I hope she's wrong…
 
"Seriously, falling in love? That's so cliché. There's no such thing." She declares, running a hand through her wavy brown locks.
 
I chuckle nervously. "Really? You think so?"
 
She nods quite certainly. "Definitely."
 
And I don't think it ever crossed her mind
She tells a joke I fake a smile
 
"What did the lawyer say to the other lawyer?" She asked me, grinning.
 
I shrug. "What?" I ask, curious to know the answer.
 
"We're both lawyers!" She says, cracking up. I blink, astonished at the terrible joke, but I start laughing anyways.
 
And I know all her favorite songs…
 
"You're kidding me."
 
I grin slightly. "I kid you not my friend."
 
She takes the Rita Ora tickets with an astonished expression. "How'd you know?"
 
I shrug. "Intuition?"
 
And I could tell you her favorite color's white…
 
"No it's not." She says.
 
"Yes it is." I retort.
 
"Okay fine. Only cuz I know I told you. It's just one of those things where I have to say you're wrong you know?" She says, then walks away.
 
I stared after her. 
 
"Why must you do that?"
 
She loves to argue…
 
"You're wrong!" I cry for the millionth time.
 
"No, I'm right." She crosses her arms defiantly.
 
"No, see if you use the other equation the answer's seven!" I say, scribbling it down on the paper.
 
She huffs, and lays her head down on the desk. "Whatever, I'm still right."
 
I bury my face in my hands exasperatedly.  
 
Born on the eighteenth…
 
"Happy birthday." I say, handing her a wrapped parcel.
 
She rubs the sleeps from her bleary brown eyes. "Well someone's up bright and early." She yawns, then shivers from the chilled early spring morning air.
 
I shrug. "It's your birthday." I simply reply. "I had to be first to say happy birthday right?"
 
She looks at me for a bit, then accepts the parcel silently, and nods her thanks, closing the door as she does.
 
Her best friend's beautiful…
 
"She got asked out again?" I ask her, smiling.
 
She nods. "Yeah, and she said no AGAIN." She grins at me, rolling her eyes.
 
She has her father’s eyes…
 
"Oh, hey Mr. Jung." I wave nervously.
 
The big muscular man standing in front of me narrows his brown eyes at me, analyzing me as I trembled in fear before him.
 
"Daddy, this is Taeyeon. Taengoo, this is daddy." She smirks, then swiftly leaves the room sticking her tongue out at me, sensing my discomfort.
 
She stares me down. "So you're the other young lady I've never met who's been hanging around my daughter hmm?"
 
I gulp nervously. "Yes sir."
 
He nods once, and we stand there in silence.
 
I looked back at Mr. Jung and awkwardly clear my throat. "Um, excuse me sir but you have really nice eyes." 
 
The man frowns in confusion. "Excuse me?"
 
And if you asked me if I love her…
 
"So do you like her?" My friend Yuri asked. "Everyone says you would make a great couple!"
 
I looked after Jessica's fading form in the distance, a small grin unconsciously crept on my lips.
 
I’d lie.
 
 
"Nah." I reply to her.
 
She looks around the room…
 
"Have any of you seen Krystal?" She asks us, looking around the room.
 
"No." We chorus. I feel a blush creeping onto my cheeks.
 
She looks amazingly good.
 
Innocently overlooks the truth...
 
"Are you okay?" She asks me, noticing my red cheeks.
 
I turn away, blushing even more. "Yeah, it's just a little hot in here."
 
She frowns and tilts her head to the side. "Really? I actually thought it was a little cold."
 
Shouldn’t a light go on?
 
I stand by my locker and put my books away. I suddenly see her with her friends, her friends giggling and whispering to each other rather loudly.
 
"She totally likes you Jess." One giggles to her excitedly, stealing a glance at me as she opens up her locker.
 
"What?" She asks absentmindedly, putting her books in a neat pile.
 
"Yeah, like, when's she gonna ask you out?" Another smiles dreamily.
 
"Taeyeon? We're just friends." She says, their remarks not seeming to faze her in the least.
 
"Oh please, girls like that don't just do all that for you cuz you guys are just FRIENDS." Another says exasperatedly.
 
She shrugs and shuts the locker. "Whatever." She says, and heads to her next class, her friends trailing behind her protesting.
 
Doesn’t she know that I’ve had her memorized for so long?
 
"No one knows me THAT well. I mean, that'd be pretty cool but still." She said, leaning back easily on her chair.
 
"I bet you could give a quiz about you and I'd pass." I grin daringly at her.
 
She smirks. "Oh really? Then what's my favorite food?"
 
 
"Pizza." I reply, not even blinking.
 
"Favorite animal?"
 
"Cats."
 
"Favorite song?"
 
"You don't have one."
 
"Favorite TV program?"
 
"The weather."
 
"Favorite ice cream?"
 
"Vanilla."
 
"Favorite band?"
 
"You don't have one."
 
"Favorite school subject?"
 
"History."
 
"Favorite person?"
 
"Yourself."
 
She nodded, looking impressed. "Nice, nice. I'll get you next time though." She grins brilliantly at me.
 
I laugh in response.
 
She sees everything black and white, never let nobody see her cry…
 
"What's wrong?" I ask her, concerned.
 
"Nothing. Go away." She said sullenly, turning away.
 
"Are you crying?" I ask her, moving to face her.
 
She turns away again, but not before I see a lone tear run down her cheek.
 
"No."
 
I don’t let nobody see me wishing she was mine…
 
"You totally like her Tae."
 
"Ask her out already."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Lay off guys, we've been over this."
 
"Suit yourself." They shrug, and leave to pester someone else for the time being.
 
As I walked to my room at home, all I could think about were her big brown eyes and brightening smile.
 
I grinned.
 
My friends would kill me if they knew.
 
And I could tell you her favorite color's white…
 
"I told you, it's green!" She says, a playful sparkle in her eyes.
 
I roll my eyes.
 
"That's not what you said two years ago."
 
She loves to argue…
 
"You're wrong!" I cry AGAIN as we attempt to finish our math homework.
 
"No way, YOU'RE wrong this time!" She says, pointing an accusing finger at me.
 
"No, see for this you have to multiply these first, then use that. So you should get twenty four!" I explain, writing the process on her paper.
 
She looks at it and frowns, then sighs and drops her head down on the desk.
 
"Whatever. I'm still right." She mutters.
 
I bury my face in my hands and sigh for the trillionth time.
 
Born on the eighteenth…
 
"Happy birthday." I say, holding out a wrapped parcel.
 
She blinks the sleep from her bright brown eyes and looks at me with a grin. "It's been two years huh?" She says, taking the parcel.
 
I nod. "Yup." I say, shivering from the frigid early spring morning air.
 
She looks at the package, and nods a thank you before shutting the door. I chuckle to myself as I make my way back to my car.
 
Her best friend's beautiful…
 
"It's almost dance time huh?" I say thoughtfully as we walk home together.
 
She nods. "Junior prom and senior prom. Party. Drugs. Sweaty teenagers. Sounds great." She says sarcastically, and I laugh.
 
"So how many guys asked her this time?" I ask, referring to her best friend. She laughs and starts to tell me all about it.
 
She has her father’s eyes…
 
"Kim Taeyeon."
 
I stop dead in my tracks, almost dropping the groceries I picked up on the way back from school.
 
I slowly turn around to see Mr. Jung looming over me with his arms crossed.
 
"Well goodbye world." I thought to myself.
 
I wave and muster my most cheerful smile. "Oh, hi there Mr. Jung! Lovely weather we're having right?" I say, chuckling nervously.
 
The man doesn't say a word.
 
"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" I scream in my mind, saying my last prayers.
 
"I want to ask you something." He says, stepping closer.
 
I swallow hard. "And what might that be sir?"
 
"Last time we met…" he starts.
 
I can feel my palms getting clammy. "Yes sir?"
 
"What did you mean when you made that remark about my eyes?"
 
And if you asked me if I love her…
 
"Are you sure you don't like her Tae? You seem awfully interested." My friend says again.
 
I sigh.
 
I’d lie.
 
"I'm sure." I say, then hastily excuse myself, leaving the girls to stare after me.
 
She stands there then walks away,
My God if I could only say,
I’m holding every breath for you...
 
She came up to me and stared.
 
My breath caught. She was making me nervous.
 
"Yes?" I asked nervously. She shook her head, "Nothing. Gyuri told me she drew a cat on your face." and walked away.
 
I let out the breath I was holding and gasped for air.
 
She'd never tell you, but she can play guitar…
 
"Since when do you play guitar?" I asked her. She blushed and pushed the guitar in my hands.
 
"Since eighth grade. Don't tell anyone okay?" She muttered, not meeting my eyes.
 
"Why not?" I asked curiously. "What's so bad about it?"
 
"Just don't." She replied.
 
I think she can see through, everything but my heart…
 
"Lies." She deadpanned, standing over me with her hands on her hips.
 
"But it's true!" I cried, cowering in fear as she towered over me, so much like her father.
 
"Lies. You actually ate all the chips then gave the salad to Seohyun didn't you?" She asked accusingly.
 
I sighed in defeat. Why can't she be as keen with everything else?
 
First thought when I wake up,
Is my God she’s beautiful…
 
I blearily opened my eyes to discover a jarring bolt of sunlight right in my face. I sat up and yawned, stretching, and I looked at the picture of us at the park next to my bed, her smiling face being the first thing I see.
 
"My God she's beautiful." I thought and smiled to myself.
 
So I put on my makeup, and pray for a miracle…
 
I finished the last touches of my makeup, praying as I did.
 
"Dear Lord, help me…"
 
Yes I could tell you, her favorite color's white…
 
"No it's not." She said.
 
I sighed. "For the millionth time Sica, that doesn't work on me!"
 
She loves to argue, oh and it kills me
 
"You're wrong!" I cry for the quadrillionth time as we attempted to do math homework AGAIN.
 
"No way! Not this time! I did the foil and everything right!" She exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air.
 
"You forgot to divide and subtract the exponent Sica. So it's two hundred and four." I said, writing the process down for her AGAIN.
 
"…… whatever. I'm still right." She said stubbornly.
 
I dropped down the the carpeted ground of her room. "You're killing me Sica, you're killing me." I groaned.
 
Her best friend's beautiful…
 
"Again?" I asked, as Jessica came up to me eating a box of chocolates shaped like a heart.
 
"Yeah, the third box this week!" She replied happily, with full.
 
"Poor girl." I said, watching Jessica devour the candy piece by piece.
 
"I know right? Being pretty can be a curse too you know?" She says with a mouthful of chocolate.
 
She has her father’s eyes…
 
"Kim Taeyeon."
 
I didn't even have to look to see who it was, I took off in a full-out sprint.
 
And if you asked me if I love her…
 
"She doesn't like you that way Taeyeon. Sorry." Her friends said as they stood by my locker.
 
I raised an eyebrow. "I didn't ask for any information like that but thanks anyways I guess."
 
"You're welcome!" They chorused, and skipped away to find some other poor soul to confuse.
 
I shook my head and slung my bag over my shoulder, ready to head home.
 
"Taengoo! Wait up!" 
 
I turned and waited. She walked up to me. "Hi."
 
"Hey."
 
We walked back to her house like we always did, since it was on the way to mine. As we got there, she turned to me.
 
"Hey, just so you know, my friends asked me if I liked you or not. I'm assuming they told you what I said too right?" She asked, stopping on her driveway.
 
I nodded, trying not to think much of it. She leaned forward to whisper in my ear.
 
"Just so you know, when they asked…"
 
Oh if you asked me if I love her…
 
"I lied."
 
I’d lie.
 
~FIN.~
 
"I'd Lie" by Taylor Swift