I Told You

Put Your Love In Lights

Jessica sighed.

 

It'd been a long day.

Just one of those days that last forever, and you can't wait to go home. School was finally over, and she couldn't wait to drop on her bed and call Taeyeon.

She smiled a little as she opened her locker. Pictures of herself and her friends adorned the inside on the locker door. She grinned slightly at the one of Seohyun falling in the pool. Sooyoung had used her mastery to take it, and Sunny had pushed the poor maknae. It was one of their many beautifully photographed antics. Granted, Seohyun had come after her unnies later with a multitude of colorful pool noodles, but it was totally worth it in the end.

"Hey Jessica." A familiar voice came from her left.

She internally groaned, and turned to meet Hara.

"Hi Hara." She said, rather unenthusiastically. Hara batted her fake eyelashes at Jessica. Jessica mentally puked.

"So I'm having a party this weekend. Wanna come? You can come as my date." Hara smiled seductively at her.

"No thanks." She replied bluntly, not even looking at Hara as she packed the books she needed for the night's homework in her white backpack.

Hara pouted. "Why not?" She asked, leaning closer to her.

"I have a girlfriend." She said, closing her locker and walking away, leaving Hara standing awestruck.

Her friends came up to her as she walked away from Hara.

"Jessi, the hottest girl in school just asked you out!" Her friend Jiyoung said excitedly.

"And you completely rejected her!"  Hyerin said.

"I told you, I have a girlfriend." Jessica replied, slightly annoyed.

Her three friends sighed. "Aw, don't give me that. I've never seen you with a girl before." Jiyoung said, slinging an arm around Jessica's shoulders.

"Well it's true." Jessica said, shrugging Jiyoung's arm off. "I have a lot of work today so I'm gonna head home. See you later." She called over her shoulder as she headed to her car. Her friends stared after her.

"Hey have you ever seen the girl?" Hyerin asked.

Eunji shook her head "No, she doesn't really mention her too much."

 

Hyerin sighed, frustrated. "Then let's ask about her tomorrow."

Jiyoung nodded "Yeah, I don't even know her name. But we never really asked anyway."

Eunji shrugged. "That's why we should tomorrow!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessica sighed as she approached her locker.

Hara was standing there again. 

"So you're sure you can't make it?" She asked, with rather frightening puppy dog eyes.

"Yeah, sorry." Jessica said, opening her locker as Hara sighed dramatically, and after a few minutes of pestering and whining to the brunette, she walked away.

Eunji, Hyerin, and Jiyoung immediately came up to her upond witnessing the scene. "So?" They asked.

"What?" Jessica replied, taking a textbook from her locker. The trio collectively sighed, giving each other knowing glances.

Suddenly, Jiyoung jumped. "Jessi, is that your girlfriend?" She pointed to the picture of Taeyeon and Jessica at the park.

"Yeah." The brunette replied, smiling fondly at the picture. That was the day Taeyeon lost Seohyun's favorite guitar pick, and was forced by Tiffany to go back and look for it for the maknae. She had dragged Jessica with her and they eventually found it under the tree Taeyeon had fallen out of some time ago.

"Damn, she's hot." Hyerin said, staring wide-eyed at the picture.

"Wait, she looks familiar." Jiyoung said suspiciously, looking closer at the pictures surrounding them.

"Yeah you're right…" Eunji realized, leaning in to stare.

"Familiar or not, she's still hot." Hyerin grinned. Jessica rolled her eyes at that.

"What's her name?" Jiyoung asked.

 

"Taeyeon." Jessica replied.

Eunji's eyes widened. "Really?" She asked. "That's so weird. She looks exactly like Kim Taeyeon."

Jessica nodded. "Yeah, that's her name." She said, stacking her biology and math books.

……

Jiyoung cast a glance back at Jessica. "What?" She asked.

"You asked for her name. I said it's Kim Taeyeon." Jessica replied calmly, tugging a notebook out of her locker.

Jiyoung and the others furrowed their eyebrows, confused. "Um, Kim Taeyeon's part of the amazing TaeTiSeo. They're celebrities Jess. How can she be your girlfriend?"

Jessica started restacking her remaining books. "She's friends with some of my friends, and we met last year in my old school. Her and Tiffany went to that school for a bit and we became friends, then she asked me out and we started dating after her debut."

Her friend's jaws went slack. "No way." Hyerin said. 

"That's not Kim Taeyeon. THE Kim Taeyeon? It's not possible." Jiyoung added.

"What? Didn't you hear she went to a public school in Seoul? That's where I went before I came here." Jessica said. 

"But you got here last month. It's June." Eunji said.

"Yeah, for my dad's work. I rotate between schools, remember? Taeyeon's back in Seoul with the rest of TaeTiSeo but they're coming out to Busan for a show and to take me home. They'll be here for about a week." Jessica explained, shutting her locker.

Her friends exchanged doubtful looks. "Okay Jessica. Are you sure this girlfriend of yours really exists?" Eunji asked.

Jessica sighed. "What, do you think I photoshopped all these pictures?" She asked, closing her locker. 

"Yeah." Jiyoung deadpanned.

"And you never talk about her." Hyerin added dubiously.

"Things are kinda complicated when there's people with cameras all over the place stalking her life. I just want to give her some peace, save her from reporters. You'll understand someday." Jessica replied easily with an air of wisdome, leaving her friends speechless.

Jiyoung frowned. "I still don't think this girlfriend of yours exists." She said, crossing her arms.

Jessica raised an eyebrow. "Well then I won't try to change your mind." She replied with a slight chuckle, walking to her last class. Her three friends followed after her.

"Maybe you should give Hara a chance." Hyerin said, trying to keep up. "She's pretty hot." 

"I have a girlfriend." Jessica said, a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Yeah, Kim Taeyeon. Really?" Eunji asked. "Be realistic! Plus, she's too hot for you!"

Jessica shut her eyes and walked faster. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Yeah, and did you see the SHINee concert on TV last night?" Jiyoung asked, as they sat around a secluded table in the corner of the cafeteria, Hyerin and Eunji demolishing their lunches at a frightening speed.

"OH YEAH, JONGHYUN WAS SO AMAZING!" Eunji hollered much louder than necessary, swallowing half her large sandwich in one go.

"That was a great show." Jessica agreed, actually chewing her food. She smiled fondly at being able to see her SHINee friends pulling a successfuly show. They had texted her later that night asking her if she had seen it, and she quickly reassured them she had. Dating a celebrity had its perks; she'd met countless amazing people with Taeyeon, and they were all incredibly fascinated by her and more than willing to become good friends. So good friends they'd become indeed.

"Yeah right? The set was incredible!" Hyerin said, popping open a bag of Cheetos.

"So when's this girlfriend of yours gonna show up?" Jiyoung asked Jessica, leaning on her elbows.

Jessica shrugged. "I'm not sure yet but I'll let you know if you really want."

The door to the cafeteria suddenly flung open, and three scarily attractive girls walked in, looking around.

Hyerin's eyes widened. "Wow, hottie alert!" She nudged Eunji and Jiyoung, as they began whispered to each other excitedly.

Jessica rolled her eyes, not even turning around. Those three would go for any girl remotely attractive, and they thought a lot of people were hot. She gazed boredly at her nails and continued to chew her kimbap.

Suddenly she felt a tap on her shoulder. Her friends were staring wide-eyed at something behind her. She turned and stopped short, not quite expecting what was in front of her.

"Hi Sicachu!" A gorgeous girl with wavy blonde hair said teasingly. She was wearing a denim blue button-up, black jeans, and white Dr. Marten boots. Her hair was pulled in a messy side ponytail with a clip holding it all together.

Jessica stared back with her infamous icy mask, silent. The blonde stood there with a dorky grin and her hands innocently behind her back, rocking back and forth looking very much like an excited child. Neither said a word.

"Miss me?" She grinned that infuriatingly obnoxious grin that drove her fans crazy with adoration for her, her dark eyes sparkling with mischief.

Jessica stared back at the radiant beauty, standing up. "Yeah, I did." She said cooly, staring back with a raised eyebrow.

The blonde couldn't contain her grin any longer. It spread across her face, her eyes lighting up in a way unseen by anyone else. She stuck her tongue out childishly at Jessica who had a small grin on her face. The blonde chuckled, wrapping Jessica in a huge hug. Jessica put her arms around the blonde's neck.

"I missed you Tae." She murmured, pulling her closer. 

Taeyeon grinned. "I know, I know." 

Jessica raised an eyebrow at her, and she grinned cheekily. "Okay, I missed you too." She laughed. Jessica smiled at Taeyeon, who leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on her lips.

"Hey, don't forget us!" A voice chimed from her left. Tiffany, Seohyun, Sunny, Yuri, Yoona, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon were standing there, arms crossed and pouts on full display.

Jessica laughed and hugged them. "Are you here for me too?" She asked, wrapping her best friend and maknae in a hug.

"We'll be back after school." Tiffany replied excitedly, unable to contain her grin at seeing her best friend. She was dressed casually as well.

"Yeah, Tae unnie wanted to come now." Seohyun added. She was wearing a simple t-shirt and shorts. She grinned at Jessica like the perfect maknae she was.

"So Seohyun drove us from their last show." Sunny sai looking rather green.

"We almost died in the process." Yoona pretended to faint.

"And we learned it was lunchtime." Hyoyeon added with a cheeky grin.

"So here we are." Yuri finished happily.

Jessica tilted her head. "And they actually let you in?" She asked skeptically.

Taeyeon shrugged. "We gave the principal autographs and pictures. His kids are fans." She said. Tiffany nodded in agreement.

"You bribed him?" Jessica asked, smothering a laugh.

"But we're leaving after lunch since we didn't eat yet." Yoona said. "We'll come back after school."

"Finally, back to Seoul." Sunny sighed dramatically, placing a hand on her forehead and pretending to faint in Tiffany's arms.

"Oh come on. It's not THAT bad here." Tiffany laughed at their short friend as she caught her.

Taeyeon suddenly turned, and noticed Jiyoung, Hyerin, and Eunji still openly gaping at them. "Hello." She said, staring in child-like fascination.

"H-Hi!" Eunji managed to stutter, being the first to recover her wits.

Jiyoung grabbed Jessica shoulder. "That's Kim freaking Taeyeon!" She hissed in Jessica's ear.

"I know. I told you didn't I?" The brunette shrugged.

"What'd she tell you?" Taeyeon asked Jiyoung curiously, looking back and forth between Jessica and Jiyoung.

Jiyoung blushed. "Well we saw your picture in her locker and thought you were fake." She said sheepishly, along with the other two.

"You thought I was fake?" Taeyeon asked, looking rather amused. The other girls looked up curiously

"No, she told us she had a girlfriend and we didn't believe her. She showed us the picture, but we thought you were photoshopped." Eunji explained.

"That's funny." Taeyeon giggled, as she wrapped her arms around Jessica from behind. "You have nice friends Sica." She said cheerily, pecking the brunette's ear.

Jiyoung flushed a scarlet red. "S-So are you the real Kim Taeyeon?" She asked, stuttering.

"Um, yes. See, that's Tiffany and Seohyun over there." Taeyeon said hesitantly, not quite knowing how to respond. Tiffany and Seohyun waved cheerily as they turned to stare at them. "And those are some of our other friends." She gestured to the rest of the girls who had already busied themselves with the surrounding students in conversation.

Jiyoung grabbed Jessica's shoulder. "Hook. Me. Up!" She hissed in her friend's ear, casting awed glances at Taeyeon and her friends. Tiffany and Seohyun were having their normal strange conversations, and Hyoyeon was dancing weirdly with Sooyoung nearby. Yuri and Yoona were trying to steal food from the surrounding tables.

"Stop it you two. Give it back." Jessica called out the two pranksters, who pouted and returned the food to its rightful owner with sheepish smiles. Taeyeon and Sunny looked on amusedly, chuckling to each other.

Jessica smirked at her friends, who had awestruck looks on their faces.

"I told you."