Helping Jung Jinyoung

My Name Is Love

[Narrator's POV]

Taeyeon woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. It is a Saturday and he got nothing to do. He lazily got up from his bed and stretched his arms.

"What to do today?" Taeyeon sleepily mumbled as he started fixing his bed.

He did his morning routine and he decided to ask Yuri to come over.

"Hey buddy," Taeyeon lifelessly greeted.

"Hey. Why is your voice like that? Any problem?" The voice from the other line said.

"Yeah. A really big one. Can you come over today?"

"Sorry but I can't. I'm gonna go to visit my parents today. But mind telling me the problem?"

"Ah. It's okay. I understand. I just made Tiffany hate me more," Taeyeon said with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Why? What happened?" Yuri asked.

"It's a long story."

"Okay then. I understand if you don't want to tell me. But you know that I'm always here, right?"

"Yuri can you please stop being cheesy." Taeyeon chuckled.

"Yah! I was just being a sweet best friend. Anyway, I gotta go."

"Okay. Bye!" Taeyeon ended the call.

"What am I going to do? It's so boring," Taeyeon groaned in frustration.

[Taeyeon's POV]

This is why I hate weekends. I always got nothing to do. But wait, I think I forgot something. Right! The brown notebook. Seems like I have something to do during weekends starting today.

I checked my cupid notebook and there is still no mission for me. Just then, I felt my phone vibrate.

'Hey! Let's meet at the café near your house. I'm already here. And this is Jung Jinyoung, by the way. And stop thinking about where I got your number. I just need your help today.'

"Jung Jinyoung?" I wondered where I heard that name and I remembered last night. He is the cupid guy. Well, helping him is not a bad idea at all.

I changed my clothes and then I immediately head out to the café where I'll meet Jung Jinyoung.

-----------

"Taeyeon-ssi," a voice called me as soon as I entered the café. I looked towards the direction where the voice came from and I saw a familiar guy waving at me.

"Drop the formalities, just call me Taeyeon," I told him.

"Same goes for you then. Just call me Jinyoung," he said as he smiled.

"So yeah, why did you call me here? What kind of help do you need? Is it for your mission?" I asked him.

"Yeah. It is for my mission. I need your help with this one," he said as he smiled sadly.

"Okay then. Tell me the details of your mission."

"I need your help with this since I'm going to match my ex-girlfriend with someone."

"Oh. I see. Wait. What? Your ex-girlfriend? Your mission is to match her with someone?" I exclaimed.

"Keep your voice down, Taeyeon. And yeah. My ex-girlfriend," Jinyoung told me as he bowed to the other customers who are looking at us.

"Mind telling me the whole story?" I asked him and he nodded at me.

"It's like this. Her name is Sunyoung. We became a couple during high school. We had a really happy relationship and we lasted for 6 years. One day we had a fight and then like you, I signed up to My Name Is Love without knowing what that website is about. Then I just found out that I am a cupid and we have this rule that we cannot love until we succeed, right?" He paused and I nodded at him.

"I didn't show myself to her anymore. I don't want to hurt her more," Jinyoung said as tears started to form in his eyes.

"But you can still come back to her, right? Fail this mission then proceed with the next one." I comforted him.

"No. I can't. This is my fourth mission and I already failed my second one. If I fail this one, then I'll become a cupid forever. And if I finished this one, I can be normal again but I'm gonna lose her."

"This is a really hard mission but I will help you," I sighed.

"Thank you Taeyeon. It's nice to know that someone is willing to help me," he said.

"No problem at all. So tell me the details about the guy we need to match her with."

"The guy's name is Gong Chanshik. He just moved to the apartment near the convenience store where Sunyoung works. He is a doctor at Seoul Hospital," Jinyoung read the details to me.

"Hmmmm. So how can I help you with this one?" I asked.

"Since I can't face Sunyoung, you'll be the one to talk to her and I'm going to befriend Chanshik," Jinyoung told me and I nodded at him.

"Okay then. Shall we start this mission?" I asked and he nodded at me energetically.

**end of chapter**

So another chapter is up! Yay! Hahaha. Sorry if it took me a long time. I just finished attending a songwriting workshop since my music teacher required me to. Lol. He said that my talent will be put to waste if I don't enhance it. Hahahaha. Sorry if this is short. I'm currently using my phone to update since I'm practicing with my best friend for our duet! Please comment, subscribe and upvote! 'Till the next update! :)