Chapter 14

Love Love Love

Chunji accidentally locked his eyes with Ljoe's and they stared for a second or two. Immediately, Chunji looked away and checked the ingredients instead. On the other side, Ljoe was surprised that Chunji looked away from him. He also remembered that Chunji became distant the afternoon of the same day. Once again, Ljoe couldn't find the words to say and there was awkwardness again. Ljoe looked at Chunji's direction without knowing of the latter and he noticed that there's a missing ingredient. He took that opportunity to start a conversation.

"Hey! You're forgetting something!" Ljoe said in a higher tone of voice. Chunji turned around and faced him with a tired and wondering look instead of saying anything which made Ljoe a little nervous than before.

"I-I mean look, where's the icing sugar?!" Ljoe followed again with another yell. Chunji didn't say anything for the second time and searched for the missing icing sugar. That's the time when Ljoe was only convinced that there's something wrong with Chunji. He shoved away that fact and started to make breads and cakes along with Chunji.

Chunji temporarily threw out Ljoe from his mind and focused on baking and listening to Ljoe's instructions at the same time. Chunji couldn't afford to make mistakes and errors again in the future. He doesn't wanna be called "stupid" again, ever. And for that to happen, Chunji clearly knew that he must focus in his works.

Contrary to Chunji's mind and goal, Ljoe was having a hard time because of Chunji. Ljoe was a little afraid of Chunji's sudden change in behavior. Chunji was very quiet and distant that night compared to the cheerful personality during usual working hours and that drove Ljoe crazy. Ljoe couldn't focus in his works and wasn't able to teach Chunji with the best that he got. Even though tons of recipes and ingredients are on Ljoe's mind, Chunji's state and behavior was still his top priority.

First one to go, cinnamon bread. As expected, Chunji failed and Ljoe yelled a few words. Chunji softly said his apology and continued to prepare the ingredients for the next recipe. Ljoe felt guilty and spent some time thinking about Chunji again. For Ljoe, it feels like he was picking on a cute little girl and that made him chuckle deep inside. Danish pastry was next and Chunji failed again. Instead of being mad or anything, Ljoe smiled and cheered up Chunji which completely surprised the latter. The third one was blueberry cheesecake. Ljoe saw the frown on Chunji's face when the crust that the latter made didn't form for unknown reason. Even though that was the case, Ljoe put some cream cheese mixture on the crust and added some blueberries on top before devouring most of the failed blueberry cheesecake. Chunji was surprised again that Ljoe ate his failed work but the latter replied that it was okay because Chunji worked hard for it.

Strawberry cake was on the last and Chunji was determined to bake it with perfection no matter what. He wasn't able to bake the other three properly and he felt guilty because for him, Ljoe gave his very best in order to teach him. Chunji also assumed that deep inside, Ljoe was very mad and angry on him that night. Once Chunji was done preparing the cake dough, he carefully placed it inside the oven. After that, Chunji prepared the cream to be used along with the fresh strawberries. A couple of minutes passed and a single ring from the baking oven was heard. Chunji excitedly opened the oven and Ljoe was smiling behind him. Finally, Chunji was able to perfect at least one recipe.

"Look Ljoe! I did it, right?!" Chunji finally smiled again after several hours. Ljoe liked it and wasn't able to give an answer after a few seconds.

"Y-Yeah. You did great!" Ljoe stuttered due to the pretty smile in front of him.

Chunji carried his cake dough over the kitchen counter, ready to decorate it right away. Ljoe stopped everything what he was doing and spent the time gazing on the excited and innocent expression on Chunji's face. Chunji carefully piped the cream mixture on the cake and decorated it with the remaining strawberries. Once everything was complete, Chunji turned his head on Ljoe only to find out that the latter was already staring on him. Ljoe's eyes widened in surprise when he met the joyful eyes of Chunji.

"L-Ljoe." Chunji softly whispered.

"Y-Yeah." Ljoe replied after removing his gaze from Chunji.

"I'm done! Look!" Chunji cheered and gestured Ljoe to come closer and take a look. Ljoe did what Chunji wanted and that resulted to Ljoe seeing a close up view of Chunji's pure happiness.

After putting the cake Chunji made inside the fridge, they helped each other in cleaning up the entire kitchen and utensils they used. It took them almost half of an hour to wash this, wash that, sweep here and sweep there. Chunji took out the cooled cake from the fridge and placed it inside the box while Ljoe was getting their backpacks and both are ready to go home. That was the only moment when the two of them realized what time was it already. Ljoe checked his phone and it says 2:47 am.

"Woah! I'm sure there won't be any bus out there." Ljoe said to Chunji who was already carrying his cake and backpack.

"I know it but you brought your car with you, right?" Chunji confidently asked with a glittering smile.

"Well, that ..." Ljoe whispered and scratched his nape while putting on an idiotic smile.

"Don't tell me ...!" Chunji widened his eyes.

"Yeah. I didn't bring my car today." Ljoe said in a low and shy tone.

"Then how are we gonna home?!" Chunji asked in a panicking state.

"I think we can't? Yeah." Ljoe casually answered and laughed right after.

"That's not funny!" Chunji whined.

"Let's spend the night here since we have no other choice." Ljoe said.

"And where are we gonna sleep?" the annoyed Chunji replied.

"I don't know." Ljoe replied while gesturing his hands that he didn't have any idea.

No chairs or anything to sit on inside the kitchen. Chunji put his backpack over the counter and Ljoe did the same. After Chunji placed the cake back inside the fridge, he turned around and saw Ljoe sitting on the floor and back resting on the wall. Ljoe was looking at him with a handsome smile and gesturing to sit with him. Chunji repeatedly blinked his eyes and along that, his face blushed which was noticed by Ljoe.

"Quick." Ljoe said with a husky voice for which Chunji immediately followed.

Chunji finally sat on the floor beside Ljoe and their backs are resting on the wall. Ljoe took out his phone and opened up his Wind Runner game. Ljoe was busy playing and Chunji was quietly watching the game. After a few minutes, Ljoe got weary of the game and asked Chunji if he wants to play and the latter gave his yes. While Chunji was busy playing on Ljoe's phone, Ljoe quietly sneaked his arm around Chunji's shoulders making the latter to sit closer. Chunji noticed this but he was nervous and didn't know how to respond or what to do so in the end, he sat closer to Ljoe. Ljoe unintentionally touched Chunji's arm and was alarmed by the cold surface of the latter's skin. Ljoe then stood up which made Chunji curious. Ljoe opened his own backpack and took out his jacket and asking Chunji to wear it and the latter agreed.

Several minutes passed and Chunji was finally feeling sleepy but Ljoe was still wide awake. Chunji returned the phone to Ljoe and they talked without facing each other.

"I'm sleepy." Chunji softly said.

"Then sleep." Ljoe simply replied.

"But I can't sleep!" Chunji complained in a higher tone than before.

"Alright." Ljoe said before softly grabbing Chunji's head to rest on his shoulder. Chunji blushed because of Ljoe's sudden move.

"Feeling better?" Ljoe followed up a confident question.

"Y-Yeah. A li-little." Chunji who was completely flustered, replied.

"Close your eyes now." Ljoe said and Chunji did what he asked. Ljoe felt through his nose the baby-like, cutesy and feminine scent of Chunji's hair and he curled up a little smile. Chunji then felt Ljoe's hands slowly and softly brushing his hair and his heart was like almost palpitating from what's happening.

"Sorry." Ljoe said out of the blue.

"F-For what ..?" the nervous Chunji replied.

"For calling you s-stupid ..." Ljoe said while gradually lowering his voice.

"I'm fine now. Just don't do it again or I'll ignore you not only for hours, but for days instead." Chunji proudly said.

"Oh really? You can ignore me that long? Are you sure?" Ljoe teased and Chunji felt the warm breath of Ljoe entering his ear, a sign that Ljoe went closer to him than before.

"Y-Yah ..." the flustered Chunji whispered and Ljoe smiled.

"Sleep now." Ljoe ordered and Chunji hummed as a reply.

"Good night." Chunji followed a whisper before completely falling asleep.

 

 

~~~~~

Woah :D Things are going good ♥