Chapter 10

Love Love Love

Silence for a few seconds occured when Ricky, Niel and Chanyeol noticed how Ljoe is staring directly at Chunji's eyes while the latter is doing his best to avoid the handsome gaze. Niel's eyes widened when he got the idea on what is going on. Afterwards, Ricky and Niel looked at one another then back to Chunji. Shortly after that, Chanyeol continued his words.

"Uh well ..." Chanyeol started and the attention of everyone is back to him. Chunji and Ljoe turned their heads to Chanyeol when they heard him.

"How about I'll start assigning your tasks now?" Chanyeol added.

"No problem." Niel calmly replied.

"I'm excited!" Ricky cheered.

"Alright. First, Ricky will be the cashier. Ricky is a cutie and he can really attract customers!" Chanyeol then smiled at Ricky.

"Woah! But I'm not good in math and numbers. Are you sure you want me there?" Ricky asked with his lips pouting again.

"You'll be fine! You will work hard anyway, right?" Chanyeol asked back.

"Yes I will!" Ricky cheered again.

"Niel, you'll be the barista. Make espresso, frappe and the like. Is that okay?" Chanyeol asked.

"Perfect!" Niel smirked.

"Chunji and Ljoe, you two will be stationed inside the kitchen." Chanyeol said. Of course, Chunji and Ljoe are both shocked from what they heard.

"Wait! No!" Chunji exclaimed which surprised Ricky and Niel.

"You're kidding me." Ljoe said while slowly shaking his head from left to right.

"What? You two don't wanna make cakes and other sweets?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Well, I don't know how to make one." Chunji shyly said while voice is lowering with the last words and Ljoe didn't say anything.

"But that's the only task left and don't worry I'll teach you after this. Anymore problems?" Chanyeol asked the last time.

"I ... I don't have any problems ..." Ljoe said and Chunji turned to him, having a little smile.

"Unless you won't be a nuisance" Ljoe added which made Niel mad.

"Oh what was that?!" Niel asked in a higher tone of voice and one of his brows rising.

"D-Don't worry. I won't be a nuisance!" Chunji said and his pure smile is replaced with a sheepish grin.

"Um I guess we're settled now?" Chanyeol said, trying to cool down the tension inside.

"Alright let's go in the kitchen Chunji and Ljoe." Chanyeol followed and grabbed the two on their shoulders, leaving Niel and Ricky.

Chanyeol started to teach Chunji and Ljoe about the recipes for the cakes, pies, tarts and other sweets and breads. The kitchen has a modern style which amazed Chunji and impressed Ljoe. Chanyeol then demonstrated dough-making, making frostings and icings and other tasks the two need to learn. But as soon as Niel and Ricky are left alone, they looked at each other again and discussed Chunji's recent behavior.

"Niel hyung, you noticed it too?" Ricky asked.

"Of course I did." Niel replied.

"The way that Ljoe guy stared at Chunji hyung ..." Ricky said in a worried manner.

"Yeah, we must not let him touch our Chunji okay?" Niel encouraged.

"But ... Chunji hyung was kinda ... um ... b-blushing awhile ago." Ricky followed.

"Yeah I saw that too - WAIT! You're right! Chunji was blushing!" Niel exclaimed but making sure that he isn't heard from the kitchen.

"Hyung don't tell me ...!" Ricky's eyes widened upon thinking of the possible thing to happen between Chunji and Ljoe.

"He likes that guy. Chunji likes Ljoe." Niel said after sighing and shook his head right after.

Several minutes passed and Chanyeol decided to buy ingredients for tomorrow is the first day of opening. Supplies haven't arrived yet and he needs to buy huge amount of ingredients and ending up making Niel and Ricky go with him. Therefore, Chunji and Ljoe are left alone in the coffee shop. Yes, just the two of them. It was very awkward and quiet in the kitchen. The only thing that can be heard inside are the sound of mixers on, the hitting of wire whisks at the bowl and other sounds produced by several equipments. Even though the two are both busy making cakes, Chunji can't stop stealing glances on Ljoe. Chunji was in awe, amazed how great Ljoe is in making cakes.

"What are you staring at?" Ljoe sternly said which surprised Chunji. Yeah, Chunji was caught. Chunji felt an imaginary electricity when his eyes met Ljoe's eyes.

"N-Nothing ..." Chunji shyly replied.

"Focus on what you're doing. See, you're over-kneading the dough already?!" Ljoe yelled and shocked Chunji as a result.

"Oh no! What should I do?" Chunji sincerely asked.

"Make a new one." Ljoe annoying replied and sighed in irritation right after.

"O-Okay." then Chunji hurriedly took out another pack of flour along with another set of eggs.

It is getting dark already but the three are not yet back. Chunji and Ljoe are done and the cakes are ready. Chunji decided to wash the equipments he used at the sink. Scrub scrub scrub, rinse rinse rinse. After a few minutes, Chunji finished washing the equipments he used. He turned around, ready to sort and put back the equipments he used awhile ago but he stopped when his eyes met Ljoe's eyes again. Ljoe was resting his back on the wall, opposite side from Chunji. They stared at one another. They stayed like that for a few seconds and then ...

"WE'RE BAAAAACK!" the cheerful Ricky along with Niel and Chanyeol arrived.

In surprise, Chunji dropped some of the equipments. Niel, Ricky and Chanyeol are surprised too from what they witnessed. They are sure that Chunji and Ljoe are gazing on each other. Ljoe turned around and prepared the cake he made when the three arrived. Again, Niel and Ricky looked at one another and shook their heads at the same time.

"Cakes are ready." Ljoe sternly said in hopes of removing the awkwardness.

Chanyeol and the excited Ricky went towards Ljoe who carefully sliced the cakes while Niel helped Chunji with the equipments. While putting the equipments back, Niel nudged at Chunji and Chunji turned to Niel right after.

"What is it?" Chunji asked. Instead of saying anything, Niel replied with a "I-know-what's-going-on" grin which made Chunji curious.

"Uh what was that?" Chunji asked again.

"Yah ... do you like that Ljoe?" Niel whispered.

"W-What are you saying!" Chunji exclaimed. Again, Niel didn't say anything and replied with a "I-know-you-like-him" grin.

"Fine! Okay! I like Ljoe." Chunji whispered and he along with Niel giggled together.

Everyone shared the cakes after the conversation between Chunji and Niel. Even when they are already eating, Ljoe couldn't stop himself from glancing on Chunji. For Ljoe, Chunji is really pretty and cute and that made him mistook Chunji as a girl. Fortunately, no one was able to catch him from stealing glances on Chunji. But the way that Chunji swallowed a chunk of cream-covered cake Ljoe a little and he smirked without anyone noticing. What a devil.

Fast forward. Ten in the evening. At Ricky's place. Ricky finished changing his clothes after taking a short shower. He is ready to sleep but he heard a knock coming not from the door but from the glass door to the balcony. He heard a knock again but this time, he managed to calm down having an idea who is knocking that late night. He sighed and smiled before excitedly proceeding to the balcony. Ricky then pulled the curtain covering the glass door and Changjo is on his sight, smiling at him. Ricky quickly opened the door and hurled his body to Changjo, embracing the manly figure.

"I missed you." Ricky whispered.

"I missed you too." Changjo whispered back.

"But why did you come very late?" Ricky asked and softly whacked Changjo's arm right after.

"Oh that ... well,  I finished something important." Changjo smiled before scratching his nape.

"Something more important than me?" Ricky asked again but with lips pouting that time.

"Uh yeah ... sorry." Changjo whispered.

"I need to sleep early. I have a summer job and it starts tomorrow." Ricky explained.

"That's great! Can I visit you there?" Changjo asked.

"Sure! There's this new coffee shop and I'll send you it's location later!" Ricky smiled.

"Alright. Can I pinch my wifey's cute little cheeks before I go?" Changjo asked and pinched Ricky's cheeks right away.

"Visit me tomorrow at the coffe shop okay?" Ricky asked while Changjo is going down through the tall tree outside the balcony.

"Yes I will!" Changjo shouted back.

"Promise?" Ricky asked once more.

"I promise! Good night!" Changjo smiled and waved to Ricky before heading inside his car and leaving the area.

Ricky then headed back inside his room and hopped on his bed. He smiled on the ceiling before completely falling asleep.

 

 

~~~~~

ChunJoe is blooming already :3 ♥