Chapter 11

Love Love Love

It is the first day of the coffee shop. The diligent Niel arrived and realized he came earliest among the others. He took out the key and unlocked the door. Once inside, he smiled with the thought of being able to do his dream job. He excitedly prepared things right after. In the middle of his work, the door chime rang and he looked up. Ricky arrived.

"Good morning hyung!" Ricky cheerfully greeted.

"Good morning to you too dongsaeng!" Niel smiled and Ricky noticed the excitement on his face.

"Woah you look really excited Niel hyung." Ricky said.

"Of course I am excited!" Niel replied to the younger.

"Okay, come here and help me out!" Niel added.

"Alright!" Ricky then quickly headed to Niel.

The two helped each other in preparing the coffee shop. Cleaning the counter, mopping the floors, setting up the tables, dusting the shelves and other woodworks are some of what Niel and Ricky did. Not too long, Ljoe arrived. Of course, with the cold face again.

"Good morning!" Ricky cheerfully greeted again but Ljoe ignored him and headed to the kitchen immediately upon entering the place. Ricky frowned.

"Hyung, did I say something wrong?" Ricky then turned to Niel and asked.

"Psh that guy's acting all cocky!" Niel said while raising a single brow.

Once Ljoe is inside the kitchen, he quickly checked the equipments and the utensils to be used for the day. Everything's okay and afterwards, a horning vehicle is heard outside. Ljoe headed out immediately and Niel and Ricky are both clueless. The supply of ingredients has arrived. Niel and Ricky then helped Ljoe in carrying raw materials such as cake flour, roasted coffee beans and so on. Exactly ten minutes before eight in the morning which is the opening time and Chunji hasn't arrived yet. The three changed to working clothes and Ricky asked for his Chunji hyung on Niel.

"Hyung! Do you think Chunji hyung overslept?!" the panicking Ricky asked.

"Probably! Gosh, we should call him and ring his phone!" Niel replied and immediately took his phone from his pocket.

Ljoe was eavesdropping and his eyes sharpened from what he heard. Instead of being mad, Ljoe checked the fridge and the note stuck on it's door. He checked the to-do list and for that day, he needs to make waffles for brunch, pecan pie, triple chocolate cake, strawberry cake and danish pastry. He sighed, overwhelmed with the number of breads and pastries he needs to do alone.

Right when Niel put on the "open" sign on the door, Ljoe placed his works inside the oven. Ljoe sighed as there are two more left to do: triple chocolate cake and strawberry cake. Little by little, the number of people entering the coffee shop increased which made Niel and Ricky happy. But along with that, the demand for breads and pastries increased too which caused Ljoe to panic a little. As time passed by, Niel and Ricky became more worried than before with the fact that Chunji hasn't arrived yet and he wasn't picking up his phone.

Eleven in the morning and Ljoe can't control his temper anymore. He went out of the kitchen and nagged on the other two who are peacefully doing their tasks.

"Where is CHUNJI?!" Ljoe exclaimed at the two who are surprised from what happened but fortunately not a single customer noticed it.

"W-We're trying to call him ..." Ricky replied.

"H-He should be here s-soon ... r-right ..." the terrified Niel answered.

"Woah! When is that soon?! Call him again!" Ljoe nagged before returning back in the kitchen.

"Hyung ..." Ricky whispered.

"I know ... gosh, why is he so mad?!" Niel said before dialling Chunji's number in his phone.

For almost every five minutes that have passed, Ljoe kept on going out of the kitchen and asking for Chunji from Niel and Ricky. It happened for many times and everytime that it happens, the two are shivering in fear, emphasized with the way their fingers shaken when dialling Chunji's number in their phones. Triple chocolate cake is done and one more is left.

Ten minutes before twelve noon, the door bell rang again. Assuming that another customer arrived, Ricky was about to say his greetings but he smiled instead when Chunji is on his sight. Ricky quickly called Niel's attention and the two quickly called Chunji.

"Gosh! Why did you come so late?!" Niel asked in a panicked manner and tensed voice.

"S-Sorry I overslept and I needed to finish something first." Chunji replied with sincerity.

"Chunji hyung, that Ljoe guy is really mad!" Ricky exclaimed on Chunji's ear.

"Yeah that's right! He kept on looking for you and yelling on us as if we are responsible on you!" Niel added.

"H-He did t-that?!" the clueless Chunji asked.

"Y-Yeah ... so ... expect that he's mad inside the kitchen." Niel replied.

"I'm sorry! It's my fault! I'm really sorry!" Chunji apologized again.

"Now Chunji hyung, go inside the kitchen first before you change to your working clothes." Ricky reminded.

Chunji did what Ricky said. Chunji slowly walked towards the kitchen while Niel and Ricky are watching him. Chunji entered and Ljoe was busy cleaning some of the used utensils. To Chunji's surprise, Ljoe didn't say anything and remained quiet but not giving him even a single look.

"S-Sorry ..." Chunji said in a soft tone while intertwining both of his hands.

Again, Ljoe didn't say anything but continued what he was doing instead. Chunji realized how mad Ljoe is when he saw the to-do list and four among the five are already done. He palmed his face in shame. Chunji immediately prepared what he needs for making strawberry cake. Even though it was his first time to make that cake, he needs to do it. He doesn't want to be a burden anymore.

"I woke up late and I finished some important business first. I'm so sorry." Chunji apologized again while preparing the ingredients he needed.

"I don't care just do your job." Ljoe finally said something and even though his words are not nice, Chunji smiled on it.

Ljoe carefully watched Chunji from afar while the latter was doing his task. Ljoe remained quiet and stole glances on Chunji. Until that time, Ljoe still couldn't believe that Chunji is a guy, so much for the latter's feminine features. Ljoe noticed the uneased state of Chunji and he assumed that it was the first time Chunji is making the cake.

"What are you doing?!" Ljoe said in a not-so-mad voice when Chunji is being out of sync.

"S-Sorry it is just that ... this is my first time to make this cake." Chunji shyly replied.

"Then ... do ... d-do ... you need help?" Ljoe asked and looked at other direction when Chunji looked at him.

"B-But I think you're tired ... I can do this." Chunji kindly replied.

"You're doing it all wrong!" Ljoe exclaimed.

"Y-You can h-help me ... as long as it is f-fine on y-you." Chunji said and noticed that his voice was cracking.

Both of them are dazed. Both of them are completely out of their minds. Ljoe became a little careless and Chunji became clumsier than before. Ljoe poured too much cream on the bowl and resulted to a panicking Chunji and Ljoe panicked also. Everything was out of sync. After using the electric mixer, Chunji lifted the mixer right after he turned it off but the fact that the beater was still spinning, was temporarily out of his mind. As a result, the stucked cream on the beater hitted their faces and Chunji's face has more cream compared to Ljoe who was able to dodge some. They both looked at the mixer at the same time then looked at one another right after. Again, the two panicked. Chunji is nervous that Ljoe got mess on the face and it was his fault and on the other side, Ljoe is panicking, didn't know what to do with Chunji's face full of cream. Ljoe quickly took his handkerchief from his pocket and started to wipe off the cream on Chunji's face and the shy Chunji tried to look away. Without Ljoe's knowing, his hand is over Chunji's hand which is over the counter. Both of them noticed that and that's when they both received an imaginary electric shock on their bodies. They both shared a dazed stare until a cheerful young kid entered.

"Chunji hyung customers are looking for strawberry ca-"

Ricky's words are stopped when he saw the scene inside the kitchen. Ricky was dumbfounded and the two who are "playing around" noticed the younger's arrival inside the kitchen.

 

 

~~~~~

LOL LOL LOL is it loooove? :3 ♥