Chapter 4

Love Love Love

The day before the nightclub party.

It is a hot afternoon and Niel is inside the mall by himself. Yes, no Chunji and Ricky for him that day. Sometimes, he needs a time to be alone and thinking of various random things. Walking around, checking fabulous clothes and hunting up guys of his liking are in his "to-do list" whenever he's out alone. Whenever he sees a guy who looks good for him, he will purposely lower his head and act like a shy little girl - especially when a guy also looks back to him. The "Niel" who is hanging out with Chunji and Ricky is completely different from "Niel" who is alone! Quiet deceiving, right?

When Niel got tired of climbing up the escalator and walked around almost every corners of the mall, he decided to check up on affordable yet fashionable clothes. He was on the fourth floor and his favorite clothing shop is on the second floor so obviously, he went downstairs. He arrived at the shop and his eyes widened when he saw a "sale tag" on a bunch of clothes that are hung on the walls at the side.

"I swear! Those sale tags are not there when I checked on here awhile ago!"

He told himself before completely entering the shop's vicinity. A saleslady approached him immediately and greeted a good afternoon on him. Niel's eyes are sparkling when he knew that the clothes are more affordable than he expected. He picked up this, picked up that, picked up the other one on the right, picked up the one at the corner and still not satisfied after trying them out at the fitting room. An hour was spent and he frowned, knowing that he wasted alot of time. Without any choices left, he chose the light green pullover, a tee with floral design and bought one pair of flip flops. When he's done paying at the cashier, he left the shop and giggled for having new clothes to be added in his wardrobe.

Niel was walking in a carefree on manner at the halls inside the mall and performing mini jumps time to time. While holding his paper bag which has his newly-bought clothes and shoes, his phone rang.

"Pyaaang!"

He quickly took out his phone from his pocket and a message from Chunji is on the screen.

 

From: BFF Chunji ~~~

Miss you bestie! :/ Let's have a slumber party again tonight? ^.^
Yes? :)))))))

 

He smiled, knowing that his best friend wants to have another slumber party. But he decided to reject Chunji's request. Why? First, he's tired (too lazy) to go out that night on that day and second, he wants to have time for himself that day.

 

To: BFF Chunji ~~~

Omg :((( I'm sorry but I can't :(((
Family dinner tonight so sorry :/

 

He giggled at himself just thinking how mean is he that time. He walked slower than before and waited for Chunji's reply. Niel got bored for waiting too long and decided to have something to eat at a coffee shop at the 3rd floor. He went up through the escalator and he smiled from afar, seeing that people are lesser than before. Comfortable enough!

He checked his phone and just right after he unlocked it, a reply from Chunji has arrived.

 

From: BFF Chunji ~~~

Really :( Awwww :/
Owwwkay ~~~
Miss you bestie ^.^ and Ricky also :D

 

He sighed in relief that his bestie believed in his lies. Lol really. He decided to text Chunji back while walking towards the coffee shop.

 

To: BFF Chunji ~~~

Hmmmm okaaaaaaaay ~~
Let's have a slumber party again xD
I was just kiddi-

 

Bumped on someone's muscular arm. Phone on the floor, divided into three: back cover, battery and the phone itself. Right after his mouth widened at the sudden surprise on his phone which is scattered on the floor, he looked up at a guy with shades and earphones on with an annoyed expression on his face.

"YAH!"

Niel's voice is loud enough that the other guy trembled for a second. The other guy pulled out his earphones and removed his shades. Soon after that, the other guy picked up Niel's phone and put them all together before returning it back to Niel. Niel grabbed his phone back in a harsh manner.

"S-Sorry."

The other guy said while scratching his nape.

"Be thankful that my phone didn't get any kind of scratch!!!" Niel said while exaggerating his thick lips on the guy.

"Y-Yeah. I'm ... really ... l-lucky." The other guy stuttered.

Niel has his phone back to him but the other guy is still staring at him, blinking. Niel stared back and noticed the handsome features of the guy in front of him. The muscles of this other guy surely gave butterflies on Niel's stomach, not mentioning that the other guy is only wearing a tank top. Niel lowered his head and smiled a little.

"U-Uh ... what's wrong?" Niel said in a completely different (sweeter) way.

"You ... sausage lips!" The other guy said.

Niel's eyes widened from what he heard. He looked the other guy straight on the eyes and someone popped on his mind: the one and only person who calls him "sausage lips". The other guy had a smile on his face while looking at Niel. He smiled when the memories of the past came back.

It all happened when Niel was a middle schooler. He had no friends that time and he's always alone during break. One time, he finished buying a juice drink and a sandwich from the canteen. He was on his way to the rooftop upstairs where he usually eats his lunch when three students who look older than him blocked his way.

"Hello little guy!" the guy on behind said.

"Mind sharing us your meal?" the guy in the middle asked nicely.

"I'll be taking that." the third guy said while walking in front of Niel with smirk on his face.

Niel wasn't able to make a single move that time and his food were taken away from him. The bullies turned around, ready to leave Niel alone but a bald student which is looking a little older than Niel arrived.

"Hey!" the bald student firmly yelled at the three which sent shivers on their spines ... even on Niel's. Niel made one step backward as his eyes were amazed on how the bald student was able to beat up the three who took away his meals. Not so long, the bald student returned his food and the bullies ran away from the area.

"Here." the bald student said when he handed the food back to Niel.

"Th-Thank you ..." Niel said while looking at the bald student's figure.

"Are you h-hurt or anything?" he added.

"Not a single scratch." the bald student bragged.

"I'm Bang Minsoo. What's yours?" the bald student asked straightforward.

"I'm Ahn Da-" Niel's words were interrupted when a single finger poked on his lips.

"No need. I'll call you ... sausage lips." Minsoo said gently pressing Niel's lips.

"Wh-Why call me like that?! That's so mean!!!" Niel asked, not being able to say anything with emptiness on his mind.

"Because you've got thick lips." Minsoo coldly said which made Niel frown.

"And so that ... I won't be able to forget you." Minsoo added. He turned around, ready to leave Niel who was reddening that moment until something hit the back of his head. He stopped walking without looking back because he was sure that it was doing by Niel.

"Stupid!!!" Niel's voice overwhelmed his ears. Minsoo put on a smirk while walking away and leaving Niel alone.

Since that day, the two started to become close friends and spent alot of time with each other. Everyday, a poke on Niel's lips is planted by Minsoo. Eating together, spending time with each other at weekends, slumber party with only two of them and the like are some of their good memories. Fight? No, they never had that. Everything was all okay until they entered high school but needed to have separate ways because of family matters.

After a few seconds of staring at one another, the guy in front of Niel grabbed one of his hand.

"Niel! It's you!" the guy in his front exclaimed before pulling him into a tight hug.

Niel felt the tough arms wrapping him. The warm and broad chest also touched his'. The guy's perfume also captivated him. After a few seconds, Niel tried to come out of the guy's wrapped arms and he was succesful.

"Yah! What are you doing?! People are looking at us!" Niel quietly exclaimed.

"S-Sorry!" the guy apologetically said before letting go of Niel.

"So ... you ... you still know me?" the guy asked nervously.

"Of course! I will never forget you ... Bang Minsoo." Niel softly said.

"Ahn Daniel ... no- sausage lips!" Minsoo said and pulled Niel's hand again with smile on their faces.

The two decided to hang out at the coffee shop where Niel was actually heading to. When they arrived inside the coffee shop, Niel quickly find a table for them while Minsoo ordered at the counter. After a few minutes, Minsoo looked around, wondering where is Niel and he smiled when Niel waved his hand at him. Minsoo went to Niel's table while carrying a tray with their meals on it.

"Here. Your favorite: dark mocha frappucino!" Minsoo said while handing Niel his favorite.

"Wow! You still remember it?" Niel surprisingly asked.

"Of course!" Minsoo replied.

Minsoo placed down their food and sat in front of Niel. Of course, a conversation emerged.

"Wow. Just wow." Minsoo said while looking at Niel's features.

"What's wrong?" Niel asked with lips curving upwards to a smile.

"You're really good looking now." Minsoo said, still dazed on Niel.

"Are you saying that I'm not good looking when we were in middle school?!" Niel asked in a stern manner.

"No! I mean ... you look better than before. You improved! Yeah, that." Minsoo replied.

"You too." Niel said.

"What?" Minsoo nervously asked.

"You're still the same like before. I like it." Niel honestly said.

"Really? How come?" Minsoo asked, curious on what is Niel gonna say.

"You're still a gentleman. You carried my shopping bags awhile ago like what you did in middle school, well on that part you carried my backpack! You're still kind and I'm glad you still know my favorite flavor!!!" Niel cheerfully exclaimed.

"I can't simply forget anything about you." Minsoo said in a y, manly tone.

"Oh ... and ... your voice is uhm ... so manly and you're looks are good." Niel shyly praised.

"Really? Are you sure that my looks are good? Just ... good?" Minsoo teasingly asked.

"No ... I mean- YAH!!! Are you teasing me?!" Niel grumbled which sent Minsoo to laughters.

"But seriously ... you're more handsome than when we were at middle school ..." Niel added.

Minsoo smiled at the compliment from his long lost friend. The two shared stories and happenings about their lives with the years that they are not able to see each other. They also exchanged phone numbers and added each other's SNS account. They also took a picture with each other's phones. Time passed by quickly and Niel needed to go home.

"Uh Minsoo ..." Niel sweetly called out.

"Yeah?" Minsoo answered.

"I think I need to go home now." Niel said while pouting his lips.

"Is that so? Is it okay if I drive you home?" Minsoo asked sincerely.

"Really?! It's okay if you have time but I won't force you." Niel kindly said.

"No, no it's really okay!" Minsoo assured while showing off a smile.

With that being decided, Minsoo opened the car for Niel and sat in front beside the driver's seat. A non stop conversation also emerged while they are inside the car. It took half an hour before they arrived at Niel's residence. Minsoo stopped in front of the house.

"So, see you next time?" Niel said.

"Sure. I have alot of available time!" Minsoo replied.

Niel was about to open the door and get out of the car when Minsoo suddenly pulled his hand.

"Stay." Minsoo said huskily and Niel, who was captivated by Minsoo's voice, did what the latter asked. Minsoo took out something from his wallet and handed it to Niel.

"VIP pass. Come, see me tomorrow night." Minsoo said when he handed a ticket on Niel.

"Nightclub? I can't go alone." Niel whined.

"Alright then I'll give the remaining two to you. Introduce me your friends." Minsoo said.

"Yay! Thanks!!!" Niel said before exiting Minsoo's car. He was about to enter their house when a force pulled his hand. It was Minsoo. He turned around and Minsoo was so close to him.

"Wh-What ..." Niel nervously asked.

"Can I kiss you again ... like what I did when we were in middle school?" Minsoo asked straightforward.

"I-It's ... uhm ... up to you ..." Niel answered while lowering his head away from Minsoo.

"Alright ... I'll let you pass. I guess you're not ready." Minsoo said as he stepped backward from Niel.

"Tomorrow night I'll see you." Minsoo added.

"Pick me up!" Niel cheered.

"9pm?" Minsoo asked.

"That's okay!" Niel smiled.

Minsoo went back inside his car and started to drive out of Niel's neighborhood while Niel didn't enter their house until Minsoo's car is gone from his sight. When Minsoo's car is gone from his eyes, he started to whine in front of their gate and mentally killing and blaming himself for not being able to have a kiss with Bang Minsoo.

 

 

~~~~~

Haiii!!! :D Sorry it me so long to update :( Hope you like it ^.^