Roads

What I did

A week or two pasted and they started giving me my checks at the end of the week. There was a reduction since I wasn’t getting a large one every day but getting one at the end of every week is still more than enough for me. I was trying to find a way to question my paycheck but those feline-like eyes of the boss’ assistant just deterred me. And they would always rake over me, almost in an intoxicated yearn, and it sent chills up my spine. To say the least, at the time, I didn’t find it pleasant. Keeping my guard up I did what I felt was best, try and find a way to avoid him.

I would separate the mail for the boss and take care of the delivery of the office mail immediately after, this only however went on for a couple of days. While I was sorting the mail I felt something coming at me from behind and as I turned around I was pushed against the wall.

“Well good morning Mailboy” he said  his forearm against my throat and holding me at the wall; regardless of how thin he was he was strong

“Wh-what are you doing?” I said trying to push him off

“So I see you haven’t gotten the latest news, so the president screamed at his assistant because the mailboy was leaving official documents in the mailroom alone unattended” he said with seething annoyance

“It-I hadn’t meant-I” I tried to rush out an apology before I was interrupted

“Look,” Tao said with an annoyed twitch in his brow “I don’t care but I’ll tell you one thing don’t be as useless as the job you have. God, I swear we should have just gotten a filing cabinet” he paused and then smirked at me “That is about all your good for”

I lost it, I found the strength and pushed him off well  enough to be able to grab him by the collar “You know I was trying to avoid this situation by avoiding you as a whole but if you want we can settle this now” I growled

“Oh I’d love to”

“Then go ahead” I looked at the door to see a tall blonde foreigner smiling at me

“Excuse me but we’re in the middle of something, if you’re new I’ll get you your mail but for now just sit your little self down and wait”

He raised a brow and then Tao pushed me off and bowed to him “Sorry sir he seems to not recognize you”

“I would expect that with the time you spent here with him he’d have known of at my appearance by now”

“I don’t think he would be competent enough to have remembered if I were to describe you” Tao said

“So you’d be in here just to get mail?”

Tao was silent before he said “Amongst other things” under his breath still audible enough to be heard

“So that’s why you were taking so long”

Tao was silent as the man looked at him and then looked at me “And how about you?”

“Excuse me?” I asked

“Any input? You were just tackled and assaulted, are you injured?”

“Uh-no- no I’m fine” I peeked at Tao “It takes a bit more meat on the bones to really get to me” I said

“Well it certainly looked like it doesn’t take much, right Tao?”

Tao smiled  and then smirked at me eyebrow perched high on his forehead as of he’d won with the president’s approval and the thought that he could even possibly be cute flew out the back of my mind.

“Well since my assistant has disrupted and assaulted you I think it’s more than fair for you to get some of his earnings for today”

“What!” I said too loud of shock

Tao rolled his eyes and crossed his arms while Wu-ssi walked pasted me to the counter to the large yellow envelope on the counter. And looked inside and then came back and handed it to me.

“Here” he said “I want you to deliver this to-” he started to rummage is pockets for his “-to this-” he groaned in frustration and then found a small card in his pocket “Here. Take this here for me. At the end of the week you’ll have a small portion of Zitao’s earnings for the day”

“O-okay” I said noting that the man called Tao by his first name and taking the card with the address on it

“Good boy” he patted my head and proceeded with a Tao at his side who hadn’t needed to be called

And as I turned to deliver all the mail to the others Wu-ssi left me with this warning “Do not, under any circumstance, open that envelope”

I agreed without hesitation and quickly did as I was expected. I delivered out the mail in the office and then took the envelope to a pub and then went to my job at the docks. Changing out of my school uniform and into a black tank and pants I had started working. Unfortunately I was stopped after an hour of work as my phone rang in my back pocket.

“Hello?”

“Yonggie come play with me”

I took the phone off my ear and eyed it puzzled at the caller’s voice “Tao-ssi?” I pondered as I the phone back to my ear

“Come on Mailroom, you have some work to do”

I groaned in frustration “I finished before I left”

“Well I found some more for you” he snickered into the phone airy and quick but light “I suggest you hurry on over.” He hung up after a snicker

I was so agitated and it was obvious by the looks I was given but thankfully Daehyun said the Yoo-ssi wouldn’t notice I whether I was there or not so I hurried back. As I got to there I went to the mailroom where Tao sat there on the counter waiting for me. Legs crossed and looking bored he smiled as I appeared sliding down to walk over to me. Our differences showing as I was still in my tank sweating, panting from the run, and a bit dirty from the work.

“Well hello mailroom”

“What do you want? How did you get my number?”

“Aw,” he stuck out his lip “Can’t we have a friendly chat?” he asked as he had started to circle me

“Well it could be possible, that is if one of us were friendly”

“Oh, just as feisty as I like”

“What is that you want?”

With his hand on my shoulder a finger lid it’s way up my neck to the tip of my chin to the bottom of my lip as he stopped in front of me “Yongguk-ah, let’s play”

His lips tugged into a smile, feline eyes filled with; what I could only assume was lust, chest pressed up against mine as he wrapped his arms around my neck. He didn’t kiss me he went for my neck, a small weakness, and it took me off guard. I pushed him off but his unfazed expression and slight smirk didn’t sit well with me. And as he walked over eyeing me  like prey to him,  I had been unintentionally cornered, the sway in his hips and the curve in his smile never faltered.

With a hand placed on the wall by my head and the other on his hip he leaned in “Look, I don’t mind-I don’t care how you do it, just get it done” he said plainly looking from what I had only assumed was my lips back up to my eyes from time to time

“You need to back up”

“Or what?” he dared placing his other hand on the other side of my head “You’ll tell the boss?”

“I’ll sue” I countered

“Oh really?” he said taking in a laugh afterwards “I guess you didn’t read the fine print. Let me spell it out for you, once you sign you relinquish your rights and we do with you what we want and you do as we want as the company directs”

My heart sank. I didn’t have rights; I gave them all away to a blonde man with a kind smile and a nice suit. He helped me out of my whole to lead me to my coffin. My blank stare alerted him to my helplessness and played on it.

“Aw, you’re cute when you’re scared” he smiled “Kris would have fun with that”

I was spiraling in a still and silent room against a cold flat bland colored wall.

Then I dared to utter something I never think to say after getting that first paycheck “I-I’ll quit”

Tao paused and his lips mimicked that of an o-shape “Oh? You will?” Tao asked looking in my eyes and I nodded quickly not looking convincing

Then as I was starting to feel the soon emptiness of my wallet Tao smirked again and chuckled at me.

“No you won’t” he said “You may want to, but you won’t”

“You think I won’t?” I challenged half heartedly

“Not with your brother all locked up in that hellhole”

Then out of sheer rage I grabbed him by the throat and switched our positions

“What. Do. You. Know?” I growled deep from my chest

“C-can’t sp-speak” he croaked

I let him go “Answer, or I will ring you neck” I said pushing him into the wall

“See I figured we’d come to this” he said rubbing his throat “You want answers I want you. Fair trade”

“Not interested. Not single.  Answers now”

“Don’t care, don’t care, no.”

I dug my nails into his shoulder and he did wince a little bit but he was practically unbothered.

“Answers”

Tao looked at me and then sighed “You won’t hurt me because if you leave too many marks I can have you thrown in jail and then it leaves your poor brother all by himself”

My eyes widened at the realization at how right he was and it made me loosen my grip but I didn’t let go. 

“But you know you could always just walk out right now and say goodbye to that handsome little paycheck that could have you two set for life. You did say you would quit, how about ‘you’re fired’. That’ll be a lot more fun to be on your record. Fired for-what should it be Yongguk-ah? Disobedience? Failing to comply with a superior’s wishes? I like that one”

“You’re forcing me to sleep with you!” I yelled

“No I’m not” Tao said “You’ll participate willingly. You’ll do it-not because you want, that’ll come later-but because you have to. What else are brothers for Yongguk?”

I was distraught. I didn’t know what to do. How far would I go, how low could I steep? I saw my brother smiling on one road trembling in the other and on the road with my trembling brother who had to suffer because I didn’t sleep with this man was my sweet little Jello but with my smiling brother he stood in the background in tears-in agony. And I had to choose.

“Well?” Tao said knocking me out of my delusion “Are you going to be a good brother?”

“ . . . “

 

I was silent as he led me out the mailroom and took me away.

 

 I had to do what was right . . . I needed to do what I had to do . . . I did what I needed to do for Yongnam. It’s what I told myself to settle my conscience as I let Tao do what he wanted and as I indulged him.

 

And as I’m wherever I am; limbo, hell, wherever; I wish that if I deserve a second chance, to wake up to those peaceful brown eyes I love so much. Those beautiful brown I eyes I had yearned for and pushed away as I was with Tao that night.


So yeah  . . . surprise? (ーー;) I don't know if anyone saw that coming or not but when I had thought of it, I didn't. So I'm hoping everything has been going well with you guys. I was thinking of writing but then I was like 'how about you not'. I'm not confident in my skills to write in the chapter yet. What I really want to know is whether you saw this coming or not? And I wanted to tell you the story doesn't end with this. You guys should leave comments and keep me company! I plan on getting down to 9th chapter soon with my free three days off. SOOOOOO remeber to comment tell me what are thinking about the chapter and show some love! See you in the next chapter ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ