Put in Place

What I did

“M-mr. Wu?”

“Mr. Bang how are you?” he said taking a step closer almost too close for me to close it behind me “I see you’ve moved”

“Yes I’m fine and I’m doing fine, but what are you doing here?”

Just checking on my employee, Zitao had interestingly told me you had found a house in this neighborhood and I wanted to stop by and give my greetings.”

Now if I hadn’t known any better this would have been a little less weird, if his secretary didn’t look like an assassin I wouldn’t be a little nervous, but i knew better and it did not make me feel any types of okay. To be quite honest I remember feeling very attacked.

“Ah how kind of you but you don’t need to go out of your way for little’ol me” I said as I peeked over and saw Tao only slightly amused under a black eye.

“It’s no trouble at all” he said then he finally leaned, like I felt he would and wishing he wouldn’t “Now how be we all get inside”

I didn’t know what to do really. If this was me a while ago I would have ignored him and went about my life. But things are different, he’s the reason I have this house, he gave me the best paycheck I thought I’d see my entire life; he could take everything away from me.

“Lets” I said opening the door letting the two of them walk in; Tao making his entrance by of course eyeing me up and down then winking making me suspect that he was all seduction all the time.

My brother was the first to stand when I had walked them into the living room. He read my face so well that he instantly frowned, I remembered thinking that he wasn’t as intimidating with his size.

“Guk who’s this”

“Mr.Wu?”

“Junhong it’s nice to see you again” he held out his hand and it was given a firm shake and a blank expression that showed Jello didn’t share my employers feelings

“ It’s nice to see you too, Zitao”

“Mr. Choi” he said bowing

“Mr. Wu what may I asked brought you to our home?” Nam asked

“I was just dropping by, you see” he looked over at me “I plan to invest a lot into Mr. Bang here and I hope that through that we can become very close” looked back over to my brother “all of us”

None of that sat well with me and my brother caught on.

“I see but you should have come earlier when you could have really invested into helping us move the furniture. As of right now we’ve got nothing for you here-” my brother drifted off into his own little world as he Tao stepped farther in front from behind Mr.Wu

“My god, what happened to your eye?” he said a little airy as he walked over to Tao who hadn’t looked my brother in the eye after the shock he was given when Nam actually said something.

“I fell” he said and my brother cringed at the obvious lie, he would say things like that when we were younger in school and I was smaller than him and he had to take the hits. We could both easily tell it was a lie.

“Mr.Huang is quite clumsy and is always getting into something.” Mr Wu looked over his shoulder from taking a break from looking over the living room “It’s an occupational hazard.”

“This is true” Tao had said leisurely and my brother retracted his hand but not his concern with a small ‘oh’.

“It’s real cozy here” he turned to Nam “you seem like a nice home maker, are you looking for any employment?”

“Excuse me” I accidently said
“Well your brother has made a lovely home for the two of you and I was wondering if he’d like to work under a friend of mine looking for interior designer that are extremely talented.”

“Y-you think I-I’m talented?”

“Of course” I got a cold chill and everything that already didn’t feel right about this little house visit just turned my stomach upside down after his after his offer and then back flipped as I saw the smirk on Tao’s face. I looked at my brother with wide eyed concern and I think that he actually was concerned for whether or not I’d have an anxiety attack or not.

“Well I think that a nice proposition and I will think about it but you’ll have to give me some time to consider it”

“oh of course” Mr. Wu said with a smile “Well I believe I’ve intruded long enough I’ll take my leave now”

“Well I’ll see you out Mr.Wu” I said walking him to the door

Then when we were outside away from everyone hearing he started talking to me, but now we were in the dark and I could feel the fear he wanted to instill in me. Because out here we were alone, out here in front of the house he made it possible for me to buy.

“This is a really nice house, a really really nice house. It’s cute”

“Thank you, sir”

“Your brother would probably be devastated if he had to move back into that little rut you used to live in”

I swallowed hard hoping he didn’t hear “Yeah, but we’d be fine” I questioned not really sounding all that sure

“Y’know we’ll fix that”

I wondered if he would come right out and threaten me so I clinched my fist “Fix what sir?”
“Your fear” he said as if it were obvious “you won’t have any, you’ll have to get rid of it cause fear is very inconvenient.”

“Sir I’m not following”

“I wonder if your brother will-” I hadn’t given him time to finished that sentence once I grabbed him by the collar and slammed him into the door.

He was taller but i had brought him to my level and it didn’t really matter

“What about my brother concerns you?” I growled

he did flinch but his smile only wavered for a second and then I heard a click beside my head

“Not your brother Yongguk but you yourself. And if you keep your attitude in line” he said wiping me off like i was a fly on his coat “maybe you’ll stay alive long enough to see where you can get like I did.”

I looked at him for a minute then sighed and with enough disgust to taste it in my mouth I said what I needed to say.

“I’m sorry for snapping”

“Good” Mr. Wu said with a smile that seemed to forgive but remember all

He left me there on my door step to remind me that it was his and he could take it away from me.


So maybe you deserve a explanation so I'll say this, I ain't got no wifi at the place I'm staying at. I got evicted (is that how you spell it?) and my place had wifi but I'm not there no more. So there you have it. I don't know when I'll be able to get out another chapter but I will write.