Intervention

What I did

I walked into to school with a look of apprehension on my face. I had drained myself trying to study but I figured out what I was going to do. I had it all planed out but there were a few obstacles. And he ran at me through the hallway and wrapped his arms around my neck and nearly pulled me to ground when he flung himself at me.

“Yay Yongguk you’re back!”

“You are not light!” I said not hugging him back

“My god” he said jumping off and slapping my chest too hard “Don’t you ever just up and disappear like that again, without calling someone!”

 “Yes mom” I said ruffling his hair

“What were you doing during your ‘break’?” Himchan asked

I could have broken out into a cold sweat but I was saved by Jungup’s quick smack to Himchan’s . Himchan squeaked up some hilarious noise that was so hilarious that I had to hold back my laughter from Himchan’s glare. A glare that sought out a boyfriend that had ran in another direction; and in a very Himchan act Himchan himself took off after him. I smiled as they ran off; it was nice that those rowdy two were actually helping me keep myself together. I was very grateful that they’d stick by me.

Later that day I texted Jungup to meet me afterschool at my job, I figured he should know since I be looking to him for help.

“Hey,” I said

“What’s up” Jungup asked with a frown

“What’s with the face?”
“Himchan was in the mood but I’m with you”

“Well that’s a lot more than I wanted to know about you two.”
“Do you want me here?” he asked throwing his thumb in the other direction “Cause I have a boyfriend just a’waitin’ over at home”

“Right, right I need your help” I said placing my hand on his shoulder

“What?”

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair “I want to try and talk to Junhong”

“Really?”

“Yeah” I said “I feel like if I could just talk to him, I could-“

“You could”

“I feel like I’d be put back together again”

Jungup looked at me plainly for a minute and smiled “Beautiful, just beautiful” he said wiping a fake tear from his eye.

I would have run off anyone else who’d mock me like that when I was as serious as I was just now but I was desperate.

“I would have never known you could be so cute. “ I growled in disgust at his comment “Alright let’s go”

“Yeah” I started walking and he put his arm over my shoulders and smiled at me and I scowled back

“What?”

“You were blushing Yongguk” Jungup said

“W-what?” I said fluster turning from him to look at my feet

“Aww, you’re actually cute”

“Shut up”

“Aww” he said pinching my cheek

I grabbed my bag and started walking to the shop where I had told Zelo to wait for me earlier.

We had gotten there far too quickly for me to be ready. What was on my mind the instant I saw him was ‘God, he’s perfect’. He stood gazing back and forth from the street I’d come from after my second job at the docks to the stores candy display in the window. And then in the seconds that followed I thought ‘God, I’m horrible’.

“I can’t do this” I said turning back running into the alley we had pasted minutes before.

It didn’t take long for Jungup to catch up and find me sitting on the ground with my head in my hands looking at the ground.

“Now this is just plan sad”
“I can’t do it!” I yelled “I just can’t!”

“Why?” he asked kneeling down trying to meet my tear filled eyes

“You don’t understand! I betrayed him! I’m awful disgusting horrid filthy-”

“Why”

“Stop asking!”  I yelled “Just stop it”

“Why are you doing this now? Why when he’s so close?”

“Stop!” I said “I just can’t do it! Not after-when I had-” I stopped too ashamed to speak of it

Jungup was silent a moment and then he looked at me with the answer in his eyes “You feel guilty because  . . . you got off?” I accidently flinched as he mentioned it

“Really?” Jungup said with a tired sigh “Yongguk” I looked up at him “Your body reacted because the body reacts. You were physically stimulated even if you didn’t want to be aroused it was going to happen anyway.”

I bit my lip and looked at him and the younger sighed again and ran his hand through his hair and took out a pack of cigarettes and sat cross legged on the ground.

He lit it and inhaled deeply before looking at me again “You can get back at that guy whenever. Literally whenever you want to however you want to. But this” he said pointing to me “you need to do this now, because I know your kind. You think you’re running away because he’ll be better off happier without you when you’re actually running away because you think that you don’t deserve him or the happiness when in all actuality you do”

I looked at the ground for a minute and wondered if I could do it of I could really just do what I wanted for me.

“O-okay” I said standing up I took a deep breath and we both walked to the spot where I had ran from and started to walk across the street to the boy and his eyes fell on me. Eyes filled with admiration, affection, and maybe as I was hoping a little love.

“I deserve to be happy” I said to myself

“Yes you do Yongguk” Jungup said clapping his hand on my shoulder “Now go get it”

We had crossed the street and I was welcomed to a hug that made my inside turn, twist, and clinch. When I hadn’t reciprocated the younger looked at me.

“Bang hyung what’s wrong?” those brown eyes filled with concern

And looking at him I felt my eyes water and I cupped his cheeks and I kissed him. It was nothing too much but enough to make him have to share in this feeling of being connected. Then when he put his arms around my neck and I parted after a smile into the kiss his eyes fluttered opened. They were dazed and then as wide as saucers and he blushed with a small embarrassed smile, and I felt warm with his affection.

I laughed wiping the tears out my eyes and rapped my arms around his waist then said “I missed you”

“I missed you too hyung”

A moment passed and then Jungup being himself decided to inject “Well Yongguk you sure did hook a big one didn’t you?”

“Shut up, you’re ruining the moment” I said as I squeezed Zelo tighter when he tried to stand out of the hug

“Hyung” Zelo said in a bit of a panic “You’re-”

“Being an annoying boyfriend” Jungup finished “And I had already called that position in our little circle, so I advise you pick another one”

“I think I like your friend” Jello said into my ear

“Well at this moment particularly I don’t”

“I’m only here for introductions” Jungup said crossing his arms “The longer you take the longer I’ll be here”

I groaned with my arm rapped around Jello’s waist “Junhong this is Jungup my friend’s boyfriend. Jungup this is my boyfriend Jello”

“Hyung!”

“Zelo”

“That is not fixing it.” Jello said “I’m Junhong”

“It’s nice meeting you” Jungup said shaking Jello’s hand “So where you kids plan on doing tonight?”

“Why are you still here?” I said trying to give Jungup the impression that weren’t necessary and I was going to be okay and to go off

“Yongguk don’t be mean to your friends” Jello said playfully slapping my arm

I sighed but nodded

“Well aren’t you the cutest.” I glared at Jungup as he made his comment

“Don’t you have a boyfriend yourself you need to get too?”

“Oh yeah!” Jungup said slapping his forehead “Excuse me Zelo I need to borrow your boyfriend for a moment” he took me from the young to whisper to me

“Will you be okay?”

“Yeah” I said with a small chuckle “he made me okay”

“Okay, now that was really heartwarming but can I borrow some money?”

“Why?” I asked

“Well you see I need to buy some condoms-”

I cut him off “I don’t wanna know I only have like three dollars”

“Give me one”

“Fine” I handed him the money and he clapped me on my shoulder and wished the two of us farewell

“Stay safe” he said from across the street

“We will” I said back to him

“I was talking to Jello!” he said finally before leaving

“Wow he’s annoying”

“He’s your friend Yongguk”

“Yah” I said feigning surprise “Why’d you stop calling me hyung”

“Because” he said staring to walk back to the candy shop “I’m not just your dongsaeng anymore. I’m your boyfriend, your equal”

“I see” I said chuckling catching up to him “What a wise decision on your part”

“Thank you”

“So what do you want to do?” I asked

“Hmm,” he put his finger to his lips “I know a place where we eat something really good”

“Really? Where?”

Zelo had started as he looked from me to the ground “This is going to sound real wrong but let me explain after I say it”

“Go ahead”

“My friend lets me use his place when he’s not home so we could go there where it could be just the *ahem* the two of us for a while”

“Oh” I said

“We could talk and watch some movies after we finish eating since it’ll be pretty empty and all.” He blushed a bit “I think it’d be nice”

I laughed at the thought I had going through my mind. The fact that I thought my little Jello was planning something like that.

“I think it’ll be nice too”

“Yay!” Zelo said excited “Let’s go!”

“Lead the way”

We walked in the opposite direction of my place where all the better houses that put my little hellhole to shame were stationed.

When we arrived to the nice ordinary house I still was in awe that it was large. I felt this way every time I’d got to Himchan’s to but the awe would subside faster when it was Himchan’s. Walking in it was a modern little home feeling warm and full.

“Youngjae?”

“This is that guy’s house?” I asked remembering the man that hand sept my Jello away that afternoon

“Yeah we’re really good friends. Youngjae?” He called again “Make yourself at home, I’m going to go see if he’s asleep in his room”

“Sure” Junhong made his way through the house and I was left to find my way to the living room that was connected to the dining room and kitchen.

“This may be a problem” Junhong said walking down the stairs

“What?”

“Well this is kind of embarrassing but I was hoping my friend would be here to cook something I could take the credit for it” he looked to the ground and then back at me with innocent eyes “I can’t really cook”

“Is it ‘I can’t cook’ like you could magically burn water or ‘I can’t cook’ like I’m hardly ever in a kitchen?”

“The second one” he said with a chuckle and a scratch to the back of his head

“Oh, I could teach you” I said flinging my bag onto the couch walking ahead to the kitchen

“Y-ou cook?”

“Believe it or not your new boyfriend is a man of many talents”

“Oh really?”

“Yes really. I’ll prove it. Today you will learn to cook pasta, by another one of your boyfriend’s talents”

“Bragging” Zelo said following me

“Teaching, you smart alec” I said ruffling his hair “Now lets get to it”

The kitchen was a nice size it fit the house nicely. Yet since that wasn’t important we got straight to work.  There was a bit of an incident while we were cooking cause cooking Jello wanted to make bread from scratch. And since I disagreed because it’d take too long he retaliated by throwing some flower at me. This led to a lot of flower on the floor, in my hair, on his face, and a single hand print on Jello’s . Later he insisted there be cherry tomatoes in his side salad and he ate most of them before we could even start using them.

“That is very unproductive of you Jello”

“They’re so yummy though” he said pushing another on past his lips

“Okay that’s enough for you” I said taking them and setting them aside

“Yongguk! Give’em back”

“What’s the magic word?”

Jello chuckled and batted his eyes “Please?”

“No” I said ruffling his hair with a smile as he gasped in disbelief “Now let’s get back to it”

“Fine” Zelo said pouting during his back hug

“Aww don’t pout cutie” I said turning around to hug him properly “Tell you what, I’ll make you a little deal”

“What kind of deal?”

“I’ll put all the cherry tomatoes in your salad if you promise to kiss me whenever wherever I say”
He gasped and blushed hard “Yongguk! That’s so embarrassing! What if we’re in public?”

“Then too” I said

“Well a little plate of cherry tomatoes doesn’t really seem worth it” he said

“Well how about this? I’ll buy you candy after every date we go on?”

“How much candy?” he asked

“As much as you want.” I said

Jello looked for the answer on the ceiling for a minute and then looked at me “And icecream?”

“No, just candy”

“Aw Yongguk please”

“Nope” I said “Take it or leave it”

Jello pouted again “Fine”

“Good, first request” I pointed to my lips “Please?”

Jello groaned as the blush came over his cheeks and closed his eyes as he bent to kiss me properly.  And when I smiled into it and I cupped his cheeks he detached in a bit of haste. His entire face was flushed and he was looking everywhere but at me.

“We should get back to making the pasta”

“Yeah I guess we should”

We got back to work and finished with little effort and we ate it together at the table. He told me about his day, how he had to do an essay for some class but forgot as soon as he saw me.  And how he wasn’t that worried because he could handle it.

After we had finished eating and put the dishes away we settled in the living room to watch a movie. I think it was Jump Up. He really enjoyed and watched with so much anticipation that he had almost didn’t notice when I put my arm around his shoulders. Of course it was kind of embarrassing at first but when he just naturally slid closer into the curve of my side and sat with me. Leaning on my shoulder I pecked the top of his head and pet his head as he watched the movie thinking about this-this type of life. How wonderful it’d be to have him always at my side, always warm with his love.

“Jello”

“Shh Yongguk this is a really really good part”

“Really?” I said turning so my body was entirely on the couch

“Yeah”

“Tell me about it” I said moving him so he was laying out too

“Yongguk”

“Come on Jello” I said brushing my finger against his jaw line “Keep going”

“You aren’t facing th-the tv”

“Well I did say tell me about it didn’t I?” I said innocently as I wrapped my arms around his waist nuzzling into his neck

“B-but Yongguk”

“Yes?” I said intertwining our legs taking in the smell of his shampoo

“I-I can’t see the movie all that well” he said slightly pushing into my chest

“Oh well”

“Yongguk you’re gonna miss it”

“But I like being like this” I said rubbing circles with my thumbs in his shoulder blades

“Fine” Jello said into the crook of my neck “But it’s your loss”

“Yeah, I don’t think so” I ran a finger up his neck and he shivered

“S-stop I’m trying to watch the movie”

“Okay” I said breathing into his neck

We stayed like that for a while even after the movie had ended.

“Yongguk I can’t do anything if you keep holding onto me like this” Junhong said

“Then don’t. Stay here with me” I said whining

Jello groaned as he wrapped his arms around my neck and rested with me

“This is nice” I said pulling him in closer

“Yeah it is” he said nestling into the crook of my neck

“Too nice”

Jello jumped and let go of my neck and tried to scoot away but I was stuck in the comfort. I didn’t really need to turn around to look to see who it was but I still had.

“Youngjae hyung?!” I groaned as I heard the man’s name and turned back to snuggle back into Jello

 “Junhong what exactly is going on here?”

“Hyung I can explain”

I sighed and turned around “Actually I’ll explain”

“Oh really?” Youngjae asked placing his hands on his hips

“Yes really.” I said sitting straight up “You see this thing we’re sitting on is a couch. People lay on it. We were just laying on the couch as we were supposed to”

“Well thanks smartass, here I thought you floating on a table”

“Yongguk” Jello said slapping my arm “Could you please not?”

I pouted and groaned “Okay.” I stood over and walked over to the man “I’m sorry for being rude. My name is Bang Yongguk and I’m dating Junhong” I said looking over to my boyfriend “And we were not doing anything unbecoming on your couch”

“Really?” Youngjae said rolling his eyes

“No, we were, and it was amazing”

“Yongguk that is not funny!” Jello said running up slapping me on my arm

“I think it’s hilarious” I said snickering

“Well I don’t” Youngjae said “Now get out”

“Hyung!” Jello whined

“Don’t worry I’m talking about you too” Youngjae said putting his hand on his hip

“Hyung!” Jello said in shock

“I brought someone home and I’d like some privacy” he said now crossing his arms over his chest.

And as if on cue a man the door opened and closed

“Baby! You wanna skip straight to desert?”

I recognized the voice and smiled as fate had intertwined our paths. Low and behold Daehyun surely walked into the living room pants unbuckled clothed. And to stay it was standing proudly would be a bit of an understatement. The only sound that followed Daehyun’s welcome was the impact of the slap of Youngjae’s hand over Junhong’s eyes.

“Whoops” I said laughing into my fist “Guess someone’s a bit eager”

“Bang?” Daehyun said in disbelief

“Dae!” Youngjae snapped “Put that thing away” he said waving his hand

And as if he had completely forgotten he turned around and zipped his fly and Youngjae uncovered Jello’s eyes.

“What happened?”

“I uninvited the two of you from my house” Youngjae said

“So he could invite himself into Daehyun’s pants” I retorted

Jello gasped and looked at Youngjae in disbelief “Youngjae!”

“God” Youngjae put a hand over his eyes “Junhong you make everything so embarrassing. Just get out!”

So we were quickly escorted out by a fuming mad Youngjae and slow Daehyun. We walked silently for a second or two before I busted out laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nothing” I said through my laughter

Junhong crossed his arms and pouted clearly insulted by Youngjae “This is so unfair. He didn’t have to throw us out like that”

I collected myself and responded “Well I don’t blame him”

“But he was rude about it”

“Well, all considering if we were in that kind of *ahem* situation I think that’d you want us to have some privacy”

 Jello went wide eyed and flushed really hard and looked at the ground and played with the hem of his sleeve “*Ahem* Well I guess you’re right”

“Yeah, so you know why he was like that”

“Well, it was still kinda annoying, especially since he treated me like I’ve never seen a in my life” 

I looked at Junhong and started laughing “Do you want me to walk you home?”

“Ah no, I can go on my own”

“Well at least let me walk you most the way” I said hooking our fingers together

“O-okay” and we walked for a while and we went a slow to enjoy our time together. There was such a warm feeling over the two of us just being together that I just smiled the entire walk. And when we parted ways I thought only of how wonderful our future would be. 

Sometimes I wished that days like that didn't happen so I wouldn't have to miss them. 


So hi. I haven't updated for a while and I wanted to apologize and say that I have a good excuse. No wifi. There you go kiddies. Go ahead and comment I'll look forward to what you have to say about the chapter.