Care

Before The Dawn

S u n g y e o l

The citylights flashed pass me as I reved up my pace. I knew it wouldn't be a walk in the park to chase after Dongwoo, and it definetly wasn't my best idea to just confront him on the open street. But I definetly didn't expect him to be that fast with his motorcycle, since I was used to everyone telling me how unbeatable I am on mine.

I probably already chased him across the entire city, but I didn't think about giving up even once. I had taken too easy on him way too often. I was certain he wouldn't escape this time.

We got at a secluded district and the tracking procceeded as he drove off to a narrow, almost deserted path by the river.

Damn, he's fast.

But my will was strong and the threat too intense for me to quit.

There were just too many disappointments in the last few months and I wouldn't want to let the company down once more. They already condoned so many of my mistakes in the past, it would be a pain to demand them to do so with increased regularity.

I was sick of being the troublemaker of the company and I'm sure the others felt the same way, they just never admitted it.

 

"Looks like somebody gets winded!" I heard Dongwoo yell over his shoulder. I sensed a smirk on his ripe lips.

Just wait.

 

Without hesitation I grabbed a iron pole which leaned by the railing along the track and Dongwoo flinched as he catches the sound of breaking glass. I held up the pole causing the fluorescent tubes above us to shatter.

"Do you you expect me to be frightened by that?" Dongwoo cockily blasts.

I drew nearer trying to strike the back of his motorcycle with the rod - ineffectual.

Taking advantage of my concentrated state, he suddenly veered, almost making us collide. I quickly evaded, but then, the unavoidable happenend. I had't seen the river barrier had already ended and I directly cratered into the riptide.

 

 

"What happened to you!?" Sungjong greeted me by breaking out into boisterous laughter.

"Ha Ha Ha." I imitated his girly voice while I entered the living room, staining the carpet with driblets of muddy water.

I slowly tugged myself upstairs.

"YAH! Don't think I'll clean this up for you!" Sungjong shouted after me, but I just shut him out by slamming the door to my room.

I sighed as I leaned by the door.

Nothing has changed. Just another failture.

I threw my soaking wet helment onto my couch and collapsed on my bed. I was so close this time, and I really didn't get how could mess it up so bad. Everything seemed right this time, I catched the infamous Jang Dongwoon unattended in the embrace of the night and what happened? I lost him because of some stupid attention deficit!

I really felt like letting off steam, but at the same time I didn't want to be bothered.

I prefered being alone.

As always.

 

A sudden knock on my door stopped my wallowing in self-pity. Without waiting for a response, Hoya entered my room.

"I've got news that may be of your interest."

"Leave me alone." I growled turning my back on him.

I heard his footsteps approaching me and at last he sat down on my bed. I intended on shooing him away again, when he unexpectedly placed a document next to my head on my pillow. Then, he stood up again and without a comment he left my room again, silently shutting the door behind his back.

As soon as I was certain he couldn't hear me anymore, I sat up and examined the papers he left.

It was a patient's profile.

Not just anyone's profile.

No.

It was the profile of Kim ing Myungsoo.

 

 

M y u n g s o o

It was barely imperceptable that the doctors here kept a wary eye on me since they found out about that virus that apparently should have killed me. Not only them, it was seemingly everyone who worked here and everytime I would enter the community hall they would whisper and step back.

Only Jia appeared to not care the slightest bit about it and always gladly awaited me on her snugly red couch by the window. Except that one day, when I got there first, while she was with that someone. I didn't ask her about it, I mean, how could I, but I wasn't even sure if I wanted to know about it. All I had in mind were those enchanting sounds that escaped her dainty rosy lips.

What I liked most about her, was her patience towards me. She would explain and repeat things for me about a hundred times if I didn't get them and it was comforting to know that there's someone who wasn't all annoyed by me.

She was tolerating me, enduring my awkwardness.

She was different.

 


Sorry for the short update, I'll be putting more effort into the next chapters. Promised!

Hope you enjoyed it so far. ^-^