Deliverance

Before The Dawn

I got overwhelmed by the scent that filled my nose when Woohyun finally managed to kick the lock off the gate and pushed it open with his rickety long legs. It was a mixture of wetness, grass, and a hint of blood that streamed towards me and I couldn't decide wether to I love it or be disgusted by it. While the grass provided joy and freshness, the blood aroused something dark and alarming inside of me. 

"What are you waiting for?" Woohyun asked, still heaviliy panting.

What I was waiting for?

For him to go ahead!

But he just stood in the frame of the gate, giving me a questioning look. He sure expected me to run outside, jump around, roll around in the grass and soak in the fresh air, what every prisoner would have done when gates opened up in front of him.

 

But the others were dead. And I was alive.

There was just too much bitterness in my mind to fully be aware of my fortune.

I slowly limped towards Woohyun and linked my arm around his neck again. He gave me a bewildered glance which I replied to with begging eyes.

Don't let go of me.

 

He promptly interrupted the eye contact. For some reason, he seemed quite uncomfortable and looked around nerviously.

What did he cast around for?

Suddenly I remarked a sound, which appeared to belong to a rotating object. Woohyun's look wandered straight upwards, which I followed to unexpectedly spot a helicopter about twenty feet above us.

I paniced, since I wasn't certain wether it was the enemy or a savior, but as soon as I noticed Woohyun's calm and relieved attitude, I settled down right away.

All my trust was put into a boy I just met, and even though people blamed me for that attitude afterwards, I wasn't in the constitution to do otherwise. He was the one to enlargen my spark of hope I hid inside of me that entire time and I could never have thanked him enough for that.

 

"Is he the only one?"

The yell of female voice suddenly made me let off my thoughts.

I had been busy devouring Woohyun with my dazed eyes and quickly turned my head to the helicopter that must have landed without my notice and stood three meters away from us streaming out a strong fresh breeze.

I looked over the imposing aircraft, as I noticed a young woman leaning out of it - the owner of the voice. The feeling of her eyes inspecting me from head to toe was strange to me and made me hold onto Woohyun even tighter. His confirming nod toward her brushed against my arm.

Her reaction was somewhat regretful and cheerless, but she turned bright again after facing me.

She motioned us to enter and Woohyun didn't hesitate to do so. When we finally took place in the comfortable seats, he uttered a strong breath of relieve. For some reason my respiration was completely calm, whereupon the girl must have assumed I was ready for answering questions.

 

"Well, well, well," She started and leaned forward. "you must have gone thorugh quite a lot of thouble, huh?"

My eyes kept being glued to the floor.

I didn't answer.

I was too busy figuring out what happened those previous hours.

"He can't talk, Amber." Woohyun suddenly declared.

I can't talk? What did he know? Couldn't he assume that I just didn't talk yet?

I lifted my head and looked at him. I wanted to glare at him, but my set of emotions just wasn't that comprehensive at the moment.

Instead, I decided to proof him different by opening my mouth and waited for it make words magically flow out. Of course they didn't, and it somehow left me in total inner perplexity.

 

Amber leaned back in her seat. I felt her eyes all over me.The curiousity in her look was undeniable, but I didn't respond to it anytime.

I was too tired. Too whorn out. Too branded by the things I've witnessed.

How would I ever be able to explain what happened to me or the other boys? Who could possibly understand what I went through?

Certainly, no one could.

Even if my affection to Woohyun grew within only a few hours to the incontestable, I knew he wouldn't perceive how broken and aggrieved I am under my sheath. I was scared it might come out and be exposed.

No one should have to see that.

Ever.

 

Throughout the entire flight no one uttered a single sound, all that was heard were the heli's rotor blades. I didn't remember ever sitting in one, not even before my captivity. It sure was one of the things every teenage boy dreamed about, but the circumstances didn't permit it to be an pleasant experience.

I stole a few glances outside, admiring the several fields and forests we passed. After an hour or so, the landscape changed into a cityscape. The buildings weren't too tall and there even were a few older looking houses inbetween.

 

We remained in the air for about half an hour until I noted the ground getting closer. My heartbeat sped up as we at last reached the bottom and landed on the flat roof of a medium tall building. It looked trist and boring, but that was nothing compared to the basement I had lived in until then.

The helicopter's rotation slowed down and Amber rapidly got off her seat jumping outside. Woohyun followed right after her, whereupon me and the pilot were the only ones remaining in the aircraft. Nervously I tried to unbuckle my seat belt when Amber climbed inside again to help me.

I didn't know what it was, but I somehow felt uncomfortable with her presence, but still let her undo my belt. Did I even have a choice? She smiled at me as she freed me and as expected I couldn't respond to her act of kindness.

 

Suddenly it came to my mind, that I couldn't think of any nice experiences with girls. I remembered the girls looking after me in high school, they would giggle when I passed them on the hallway. Not that it felt bad, it just didn't wake my interest at all.

But why did those thoughts come to my mind now? Was it just Amber who reminded me of past times or the fact that I was free now? It felt so weird saying it in my head.

I was free.

 


Hello, my dear reader!

I hope you had a nice day and enjoyed this chapter.

Just for the clarification, Amber is NOT the female lead, but she still is quite an important character.

 

What do you think of the story so far?

Oh god, there is still so much to be told, I can't wait!

 

Leave a comment stating your opinion!

Or.. don't.

Idk.

Do what you please. :)

 

Thank you!