The Attack (Part II)

Before The Dawn

Sunggyu grabbed my wrist as he noted my intention to storm back into the building.

"Let go of me!" I furiously yelled at him, but he didn't obey.

"What would you do if I didn't?" He gave me an icy glare. "Would you beat me down to my feet again?"

I didn't bridle. I just responded to his eyes that pierced me with their stare.

"What about Jia?" I asked with a much clamer voice. I only heard myself yell so far, it was weird hearing my plain voice.

He sighed breaking the eye contact.

"Her room was the first one I barged into when I heard about the invasion." He looked at me again. "She wasn't there."

"Then we should go find her!" I again tried freeing myself from his grip, but he held on tightly.

"It's too late, Myungsoo! Jia is-"

 

"Jia is what?" A female voice suddenly spoke up.

I looked at the crowd where I spotted a white head fighting through it and at last positioning itself next to us.

"Jia is what?" She repeated. A smirk built up on her face.

"J-Jia-" Sunggyu he whinily uttered as he wrapped his long arms around her.

I rubbed my wrist since he finally let go of it and watched them cuddling up. For some reason I could literally have thrown up at the sight of it. What was their relationship towards each other anyways?

They smiled at each other after they finally let go. Then Jia looked at me - astonished.

"Myungsoo, you-?"

"Yup, he does." Sunggyu cut her off. "And how he does. He was literally crying for help when I first heard him." He smirked.

"I didn't cry!" I resentfully objected, still rubbing my wrist.

"As you may think fit."

"Yah!" Jia suddenly punched Sunggyu in the shoulder causing him to rub it in pain. "You both stop! This is getting you guys nowhere, so would you please shut it?"

"Yes." Sunggyu and I dejectedly answered at once.

She gave both of us a smile.

"Sooo..." Sunggyu spoke up again. "what's the situation?"

"Seems like they established a barrier around the building. We are basically trapped." Jia declared.

"They?" I carefully joined the conversation.

"The M.S.O, you remember? I told you about their actions several times."

"Aaaah.."

I was totally aware of that. Now I waited for Sunggyu's reaction, which followed up right after. It was hard to cover my glee.

"You told him stuff?" He tensely asked. Oh, how I enjoyed this.

"Yeah, we sometimes met and I told him about the Lees and the people around here."

"Yeah, like everyday for two weeks now, right?" I turned to her with an obvious inquiring look.

I sensed Sunggyu's boiling temper, but he controlled it quite well.

"Oh, so that's what you've been doing while I had to stay in bed because this punk beat me up!" He smiled sarcastically.

"Don't be like that." She playfully punched him in the shoulder. "I still visited you everyday, remember?"

His view wandered to the ground. "Yes..."

"I even sang for you to fall asleep." She smiled at him encouragingly.

 

She sang for him.

That day, that beautiful singing was for him.

The guy I accidently beat up.

The guy who probably hated me the most in that institution.

The guy who I had to get saved by when I was helpless.

The guy who claimed Jia was his girlfriend.

Dear god, no.

 

I shook away those thoughts. Why did it bother me that much anyways? It's not like I cared if he liked me and it's definetly not like I had any feelings for Jia.

She was just nice to me, when no one was.

Didn't judge me, when everyone did.

Talked to me, although she was just as frightened as the others who saw me back then, when I lost control over my body.

She just stood out, didn't care if anyone would have a problem with that.

Wow.

I really should stop enthusting about her.

 

 

Hours passed waiting on the roof for the Lee combatants to reach through the barrier to save us. Some leaned over the flat roof to watch the happenings down there, but I wasn't interested in observing clahes the slightest bit. I just leaned by the rack that prevented people from falling, abandonned with my mind.

Sometimes I stole a glance at Jia, who peacefully rested on Sunggyu's lap. I didn't know what it was, but I envied him. He was lucky to have her, since his temper didn't seem like a serene sea.

It really made me think. Would I ever find someone who'd take me for who I am? Until now I've only met Jia, but I just had to know she was way out of my league.

But what was I thinking. Who could possibly cope with the difficulties that I bring with? No one. I was a wreck, a hopeless case that no one would lift a finger for.

Am I right Sungyeol?

 

 

S u n g y e o l

Drowsy I went downstairs and entered the kitchen to get breakfast. I assumed Hoya had already left, else I wouldn't have dared to even leave my room since I didn't want him to ask any stupid questions.

But just when I thought I'd have a cosy meal by myself, Sungjong's head popped up from behind the couch.

"Are you going to visit your friend today?" He asked with a kidlike voice.

"What friend?" I murmured as I opened the fidge. I knew who he was talking about, since there's nothing to hide from him within him, Hoya and me.

"Hoya told me your friend re-emerged from the dead." There you go. "He's really upset because you said you've seen him being killed back then."

"I never said he got killed!" I snapped at him almost spilling out the milk I was holding.

Sungjong's eyes widened as he slowly leaned back on the couch and disappeared behind it again.

"Why are you here anyways, I thought you're needed at the headquarters?" I tried to cover my fury, speaking with a calmer tone again.

"I'm sick." He coughed - obviously fake - and went on. "Plus, Hoya said there's an incident at one of our medical centers and it would be too dangerous for me to come along since I am a 'Lee' by brain, not by fist."

He casually opened up a magazine and started browsing through it.

I decided to continue my breakfast in my room and went upstairs again.

"And why are you still here?" He reproachfully yelled after me.

"Shut up!" I responded before I locked myself into my room again.

 


For the case if something's unclear, here's what's going on in this and the previous chapter:

Sooo the M.S.O are basically the enemies of the Lee's, who'd do anything to be a thorn in their side. The acronym obviously stands for something, which I won't reveal by now. In these two chapters, the M.S.O decided to unexpectedly attack one of the medical centers which are under the Lee's control - firstly because they know that the Lee's take care of 'special' people and victims of experiments (who turn out to have some weird powers which are going to be mentioned later on), and because they are pissed that the Lee's always put their nose into their buisness - especially Sungyeol who always tries to prove himself. I hope it's at least clear that Sungyeol, Hoya and Sungjong are the three heads since, well, their name is Lee in real life xD

I hope this wasn't too confusing and that you still enjoy reading.

Thank you!