The Attack (Part I)

Before The Dawn

I looked at my alarm clock beside my bed.

03:24 a.m.

Then why did I hear footsteps on the corridor? Did my parents already return from their buisness trip?

Nah.

I sat up and kicked Sungyeol who was lying on a matress next to my bed with my foot.

"Aaah.." He murmured in his sleep.

"Sungyeol!" I whispered. "Sungyeol, wake up!"

"Why are you like that, go back to sleep..." He pulled the blanket over his head, but I dragged it away again.

"WHAT DO YOU-!?" I shut his mouth with my hand.

"There's someone in the house."

Sungyeol's eyes widened and I lowered my hand.

"What do you mean?"

"I heard footsteps on the corridor, we should-"

Suddenly I heard footsteps approaching the door.

Panic-stricken I motioned Sungyeol to hide in the closet and we both tiptoed over to get inside. That closet was definetly not meant for hiding since there was barely space for one person, but we somehow managed it by pressing legs and arms as close to our bodies as possible. I carefully shut the wooden door and there were we. Huddled in my tight closet, scared like little children.

 

 

I looked at the wall clock on the wall in front of the bed. I could barely read it, since it was so dark in the room.

03:19 a.m.

Then why was there such a noise from the corridor? An urgent summoning which everyone had to attend?

Nah.

I sat up and walked towards the door, when I suddenly heard someone scream from outside. Panic-stricken I teared the door open to get sight of the blank chaos that went on on the usually peaceful corridor. People, other patients, even doctors rushed passed me as if they were running away from something. What was happening?

I looked to my left where the people came from to catch sight of sturdy black cladded men with grimly facial expressions. They didn't exactly look llike they were up to good. I watched one of them as he dragged out a woman from her room as she was crying in pain of the tight grip. Why wasn't anyone doing anything about it?

Without hesitation I rushed over, but I stopped halfway. What if I'll lose control of myself again? What if I was powerless against them? The inner strife was teased me. But before I could even decide on what to do, one of them came up to me seizing me up by wrapping his thick muscular arms around my upper body. I kicked and flailed around, but it was hopeless since he easily lifted me up causing me to kick nothing but air.

Being so defenseless was horrifying. It was a familiar feeling. Pictures rushed through my mind. A face.

I kept vainly struggling against his hold, when I clearly felt my blood starting to boil and my joints shaking. This wasn't good. It almost felt as if my skin was melting off my body, my organs tightening up. I had to do something. There just had to be something I could do about it! I had to get-

"HEEEEEEELLLP!!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. "SOMEBODY ING HELP ME!!!"

An evil grin marked the malevolent fellow's face and he turned around intending to carry me off, when a sudden jab was heard. The man instantly fell to the ground, burrying me underneath. I felt his blood streaming down my neck and his breath which slowly died down. Disgusted I struggled to free myself when a strange hand grabbed me and pulled me up.

Sunggyu.

 

 

I heard as the door slowly got opened by a male individual. I peeked through a tiny chick trying hard to silently breathe. He was black coated and his face was hidden under a hat. But since it was that dark, it was impossible to see more than that anyways.

I saw his look wander across the room. I felt my body tremble against Sungyeol's whereas they were pinched together so closely. Sweat dripped off my forehead.

Then, he spotted the closet. I held my breath and indicated Sungyeol to do the same, but he didn't react. He was paralysed.

The man closed up and I felt as I slowly got puffed. Why the hell did he take so long?

 

 

Side by side we ran along the already empty corridor. It almost felt like the day of the escape with Woohyun, when I left my cell unattended for the first time. The same threat lasted in the air and it was the same thrill - just without Woohyun.

Sunggyu hadn't said anything since he saved me, not even about the fact that I had a voice. I was actually quite impressed myself, but I was aware that this wasn't the important matter of the moment. Important was how we'd get out with a blocked stairway.

We rushed to the roof where all the other people gathered together anxiously holding onto each other. Sunggyu and I were the last to arrive, but I couldn't spot Jia anywhere.

What if-?

 

 

Fortunately the man turned to the door again and at last I could breathe freely again. I watched the man as he left the room and poked Sungyeol with my toe.

"Sungie, he's go-"

"WOULD YOU SHUT UP?" He suddenly yelled with a furious expression on his face.

What had gotten into him? Never during the time I've known him I heard him talking with such a harsh and mad tone. Why was he acting like that? What did I do wrong? So many questions popped in my head, but I decided to rather stay calm than argue about it.

"Ssssh, you idot, do you want him to come back?" I covered my mouth with my index finger.

And I was correct. The man immediately rushed into the room again, but he wasn't alone. No, there was another guy, and another one, and another one...

I released a brief yelp.

And then it happened all at once.

They teared open the closet and dragged me out, all four men grasping me with their gloved hands. I turned my head to Sungyeol, who for some reason was left untouched. There was not the slightest emotion marking his face.

WHAT. WAS. JUST. GOING. ON.

They hauled me out of my room while I desperately called for help.

I screamed because of their aching grip.

I screamed of fear.

I screamed because I didn't know what would happen to me.

I screamed for Sungyeol.

I saw the entrance was already broken up and they dragged me out over the lawn. I got pushed inside a vehicle which I couldn't examine any closer since I instantly got a sack pulled over my head. The last thing I saw was Sungyeol, standing in the frame of the entrance, not moving a single muscle.

His expression was cold. Stiff. Offish. I could forever go on.

But it didn't help.

He didn't help.

And that was all I remembered.