Familiar

Before The Dawn

"Ok, now follow my movements. See? See what I'm doing! Look at me! Don't turn your head, watch me!"

I was amazed by that man's patience as I kept looking around while he tried to teach me how talk. But what he was trying was pointless, since I knew how to open my mouth properly, I just couldn't utter anything, which was probably for the best. I was certain that no one wanted to hear about the Emotions-Preservation, the experiments or the other torturements I experienced. They just didn't know it yet.

But that wasn't the exact reason why I didn't pay attention to the guy who had been introduced to me as Changmin. He was a young, good looking adult with a kind attitude and tried his best not to weaken his smile ever since I had entered that institution.

But no matter how nice I got treated, I always kept my eyes out for Woohyun.

 

Earlier:

After Amber and some other guy whose name I didn't know lifted me out of the helicopter, they carried me inside the building which turned out to look much nicer from the inside. We went along a short hallway, downstairs a few floors and then entered a room where they sat me down on a white couch by the wall.

I scrutinized the environment.

Light wooden shelves covered the entire opposite wall and there was a table in the middle made of the same wood. But before I could examine the instruments lying on it, I winced, as Amber and the guy suddenly left by slamming the door shut. Panic-stricken I jumped off my seat with the intention to go after them, when two men walked in from another door I hadn't noticed until then.

"Don't worry, we won't harm you." One of them calmly said.

But I kept suspicious, especially when they came closer and the other one pushed me down the seat again. He kept pressed his hands on my shoulder, forcing me to stay still while the other one unexpectedly pulled out a tiny flashlight out of his white smock's pocket.

My breath quickened as he placed his hand on my face and teared my eye open in order to flash it with the light. Then, he did the same with the other eye.

He executed a few more tests, like measuring blood pressure and weighing me. The last thing he did was decreasing blood, which didn't bother me too much since I was used to needles being forced into my skin.

After that, the second man finally weakened his grip and let me stand up. I was on my way to the door when a young woman blocked my way. Another stranger.

 

"Hi!" She brightly said. "I'm Tiffany, I'll be the one to take care of you during your stay."

My stay? I didn't want to stay, I wanted to get out of there!

Of course, my protests remained unheard as she reacted to my unsuccessful attemt by linking my arm into heirs.

"You have an appointment with Dr. Shim tomorrow, I've already been informed about your little talking-barrier. But for now, let's take you to your room, you sure need some rest after such an exhausting day."

Exhausting day. More like exhausting existence. She turned around sweeping me along the hallways. More stairs. More floors.

We ended up in a spacious, nice looking appartment, with great windows and a small balcony.

"This is where you'll rest and eat! Of course, you can eat with us too, but I think you'll be more comfortable by yourself for at least now!"

Oh well, I had been by myself for the past few years.

 

Slowly I let go of her arm and went ahead looking over the room. It was nice, with paintings on the wall and a large cozy bed.

I brushed my hands along the bed.

Soft.

"Oh, and here," I turned around and she opened another door beside the entrence revealing a small yet hygenic looking bathroom. "here you can wash up and do your buisness. Paraphernalia is in the shelf above the sink."

She closed the bathroom door and went up to me. She offered another a smile.

"Wash up and go to bed. Your sleep rhythm must be completely out of tact. I recommend you just sleep in and when you wake up a nice meal will be brought to your room. How does that sound?"

I wanted to put down my offish expression, but neither was I in the state of mind, nor in the state of health to do so. I would have begged for an explaination about where I was, what the purpose of my rescue consisted of and where Woohyun-

No. I shouldn't wonder about that. I didn't know him, he probably didn't really care about me. Most likely he was told to save me.

But why would anyone bother?

Soon I realized Tiffany had turned her back on me and was about to leave, when she smiled at me one last time. She stepped outside, shutting the door.

 

Alone again.

I walked up to the window and shortly viewed the outdoors before I carefully drew the curtains closed. I positioned myself on the bed.

 

No dripping from the ceiling.

No crumbling tight walls around me.

No harsh concrete floor to lie on.

Then why did it feel like my old cell anyway?

 


Hi and hello my beautiful reader.

I hope I didn't bore you too much with this chapter, I just had to explain his position, because he'll be staying there for quite a time.

Nevertheless, sorry if it didn't entertain you as much as in the other chapters, I will try my best to waken your excitement in the next few.

 

Oh, and prepare for the female lead role! She is really... nice.

I'm not trying to be sarcastic if that is your assumpion.

Just. Really. Nice.

 

Thank you, see ya!