Guilt

Before The Dawn

Changmin must had given up and I turned to him as I noticed he stopped talking. He smiled at me.

"We'll just continue some other time."

We both stood up from our chair and Changmin left the great hall, while I remained watching the people around. I hadn't realized so many left since we entered it about an hour ago, but there were still a few people standing in groups, talking, laughing.

Fascinated I kept my eyes glued to their mouths which seemed to smile so carelessly as they conversated. I wondered about their purpose of being here, where I was. Were they captured and freed like I was? Were they rescuing people like Woohyun did? Or what else did the people in this institution have to do with me?

My look wandered around again, because, who knew, maybe Woohyun entered the hall while I was captured in my mind?

 

But for some reason my eyes stopped by the view of a girl. It seemed like she was the only one in this room, besides me, who wasn't socializing. Instead, she gazed down on a book. Yes, she literaly gazed. Her eyes didn't move, as if they merged together with a single letter. But the actual first thing that I noticed about her, was her hair.

It was odd.

The color was odd.

Could you even call that a color?

Her long, smoothly waved hair was white, just as porcelain. Just as her pale skin.

 

My eyes widened as I just kept starring at her in fascination. It was strange, yet so beautiful and I just couldn't look away.

 

Until someone pocked me from behind.

"Hey, you!" A male voice roughly spoke up.

I turned around and faced a guy about my age. He had messy black hair that gleamed red in the daylight that shined through the open window. His eyes were small, but innocent looking and shiny. They didn't suit the harsh tone he spoke at all.

"What do you stare at?" He asked as he glared at me.

.

What now?

Neither could I deny nor start to argue back. I just looked at him, startled.

The guy punched me in the shoulder.

"Yah! Answer! Or are you too scared to admit that you were checking out my-"

 

 

Then, I went blank again.

I didn't see anything, it just felt like my body was floating underwater.

My heartbeat was the only sound I could hear and it was slow and even.

Peaceful.

Silent.

Somehow enveloping.

Warm.

I felt in total harmony with my body and spirit-

 

 

-as it abruptly got interrupted by maddening pain.

What was that?

My body slumped and it felt like it was crumbling and falling apart.

I screamed, but my cry outs were unheard.

It possessed me, it me in, it robbed my mind.

Make it stop!

I yelled for my life.

Please, I beg you, make it stop!

No one heard me. No one knew. No one cared.

 

 

I opened my eyes and looked around. I was encircled by people starring at me. Some whispers were heard. What were they talking about? Why are they starring at me?

Suddenly I spotted the girl in the crowd, standing by some guy whose hand rested on her shoulder. Our eyes met, but for some reason she was frightened and looked away right after.

"Sunggyu!" Changmin screamed as he made his way through the crowd. "Sunggyu, wake up!"

He crouched making me look down on the motionless body by my feet. I recognized the young male as the guy who poked me on the back before-

"What happened here?" Another man made his way through the people.

Woohyun.

My eyes widened, but I couldn't decide if it was either because of joy or shock. He looked down to the boy then right up to me.

"Wha- What have you done?"

What had I done?

Changmin straigthened himself lifting the guy, Sunggyu, up. Only then I realized, his face was covered with bruises and blood. Luckily he showed vital signs by coughing and panting, but the injuries seemed quite serious since he still spouted blood. Without hesitating, Changmin broke the crowd of people and ran out the gate, whereupon Woohyun went up to me and faced me with a deep and cold glare.

"Are you out of your mind!?" He yelled. "Why would you do that? How could you do that!? Don't you have a heart!?"

Shocked by his utterings I stepped back, giving him an innocent look.

I didn't know. I seriously didn't. But how could I tell him? Actually, it wouldn't had made a difference anyway. What reason would he have had to listen to me and actually believe that I had absolutely no clue about what just happened.

 

A sigh escaped his lips. There was that undenialble disappointment in his eyes, and for the first time in years I felt something like guilt.

I was sorry.

So terribly sorry that it made me feel helpless and weak.

But the worst thing about it, was that I could do absolutely nothing to make it better.

 

"Woohyun!"

That was Tiffany. She rushed over to us looking me up anxiously, then she turned to Woohyun.

"I-Is he ok?"

He responed with a nod.

Immediatly Tiffany linked her arm into mine again and dragged me away from the scene. I hadn't even noticed the people around were watching us, but I didn't care anyways.

I was way too distracted by my remorse.

 


Soooo, how do you like this chapter?

Tell me in the comments!

 

Btw, I decided to create a fictional character with the white haired girl. Things will be explained in detail in the next chapter, so stay tuned!

Also, I hope I didn't disappoint you too much.

You, as a reader, are precious to me and I'll try my best to satisfy you! ^-^

 

Thank you!