Cashing In

My Best Friend's Hot

Baekhyun sighs and plops down on the couch that’s pushed into a corner of the room. It’s the nth time Trey has dragged him off only to disappear seconds later, only this time he’s been gone for the better part of an hour and Baekhyun hates to admit it, but it really annoys him. Also he hates being ignored, even if that’s not what technically happened. Either way he’s decided to take some time for himself and sulk in the corner.

 

Curling up to a pillow, Baekhyun takes a small sip from his red solo cup. Maybe he needs something a little stronger. He sighs again and stares across the room where the alcohol sits on a table, considering if its worth moving. Just as he’s about to get up, someone pulls the cup from his hand.

“Hey,” Cash says with a smile as he sets Baekhyun’s cup on a nearby side table.

Baekhyun smiles and uncurls from his pillow. “Hey.”

 

Sitting down Cash looks up at Baekhyun as if he’s waiting for an explanation. Baekhyun fidgets. “What’s up?” he asks when Cash just continues to stare.

 Cash holds out his arms gesturing to Baekhyun. “What’s this? You look like you’re sulking over here all by yourself. Where’s Trey?”

At that Baekhyun just shrugs and looks off to the side. After all, Trey is Cash’s teammate. But the not-at-all-subtle reaction doesn’t slip past Cash and he leans back into the couch next to Baekhyun, propping an arm behind his shoulders.  “So you’re sulking because Trey’s gone?”

 

Baekhyun scoffs. Hell no, that totally makes him seem pathetic. “No, why would I be doing that. Not like I care,” he says, crossing his arms.

Cash laughs like he doesn’t believe him, but he lets it go. “Well, I’m certainly glad to hear that.”

At that, Baekhyun perks up and turns towards Cash, his attitude changing completely. “Yeah? Why’s that?” he says with a smile.

Cash lets his gaze meet Baekhyun’s, holds it, and then lets it slide down Baekhyun’s body before coming back to connect their eyes again. A shy smile pulls at the corner of his lips. “I might’ve been a little jealous…” he says, lowering his voice so Baekhyun has to lean closer to hear properly.

It takes Baekhyun a moment to keep himself together, and he takes in a deep breath. “Jealous?” he asks innocently.

Cash shrugs, never breaking the eye contact between them. “I wanted to ask you to be my date, but Trey beat me to it. And then seeing you dancing with him like that…” Cash shakes his head, looking down and off to the side like he’s recalling some disturbing memory.

 

Baekhyun bites his lip and looks down as he feels himself flush. Suddenly, he’s extremely aware of Cash’s close proximity, the heat coming off his body, the way he looks, the way he smells. Despite being in a house full of people, Baekhyun can still smell the deep scent of spice coming from Cash. And to be completely honest, he’s incredibly at the moment. “Well, if I had known that I might not have said yes to Trey, but better late than never, right?”

Cash breaks out in a full grin, somehow sliding swiftly and smoothly closer to Baekhyun. Cash hums, tilting his head. “I still feel jealous though…being able to dance with you so much,” he says with a faux serious expression.

Letting out a small laugh, Baekhyun leans in closer to Cash (because the music is so loud, of course….) to reach up next to his hear. “I guess I could make it up to you?” he suggests, and secretly blames the alcohol for his boldness.

 

Cash thinks he’s either going crazy or dreaming, either way he doesn’t want to let it end. And he definitely isn’t going to question anything. Standing, Cash lets his hand slide down Baekhyun’s arm until it’s able to clasp around Baekhyun’s hand. He stares down at the most gorgeous boy he’s ever laid eyes on and tugs on his hand gently as an invitation. Cash feels like the world is going in slow motion as Baekhyun smiles up at him with this beautifully sweet expression. If he thinks too much he’ll really go insane, so for now he puts his thoughts aside.

 

Baekhyun rises eagerly and pulls Cash into the middle of the dance floor, where people are still partying hard. When he goes to press his back against Cash’s chest, he’s suddenly spun around. An arm winds it’s way around Baekhyun’s waist and pulls him close. There he lets his body be guided by the flow and rhythm Cash creates. Baekhyun closes his eyes, and for this one moment he thinks of nothing, no worries, no stress, no “us”, no “them” or “him” or “me”.  There is only two people enjoying each other and enjoying life.

 

~*~

 

Arriving late to the party wasn’t Chanyeol’s plan, but then again neither was attending the party at all. When he arrives, he’s relieved to find Trey missing and Baekhyun sitting on the couch alone. Although Baekhyun looked pouty, Chanyeol figures it’s for the best because at least the boy is safe. Satisfied, Chanyeol decides to enjoy the party atmosphere and grabs himself a drink or two, a few dances with some choice ladies, and a game of beer pong.

 

Chanyeol is celebrating his second win when he catches the unmistakable sight of fluffy brown hair bouncing on the dance floor. Using his superior height advantage he edges his way into the dancing crowd and practically blows a fuse at the sight his eyes have the unfortunate luck of landing upon. Partygoers ignore the giant oak tree standing firm, while Chanyeol repeatedly rubs his eyes and squints at the couple mere feet in front of him.

 

“I have got to be seeing things,” Chanyeol mumbles to himself. Thinking about it logically, Baekhyun is practically an adult now, he’s not the kid Chanyeol once knew but it seems that the thought doesn’t really hit Chanyeol until that moment. Baekhyun dancing, ually dancing, chest-to-chest with a guy hits Chanyeol like a sack of bricks, because he looks, well, y. Chanyeol feels stupid, but at the same time he never really saw Baekhyun as anything other than his childhood friend (he practically looks the same), someone cute and pure and in need of protection (i.e. a kid).

 

Making his way out of the crowd, Chanyeol plops down on one of the pushed away couches. Even from here he can still see Baekhyun and Cash (that jerk…) dancing together. Baekhyun looks…happy, into it, like he’s enjoying himself. Of course Baekhyun would be interested in other people romantically, it was silly of Chanyeol to think otherwise, but he had just wanted their relationship to remain the same as when they were kids. He pushed their relationship to be the same, when it clearly isn’t because they’ve both grown up. Sighing he pushes himself up to his feet to grab himself a drink. There's this dark feeling stirring in his gut every time he looks at Baekhyun and Cash, but no matter how hard he tries his eyes always wander back to them. As the dark feeling grows, so does the percentage of alcohol in his bloodstream.

 


 

 

ha ha hahaha     ha

welp imma just set this obscenely short chapter right here

i just started college yaay