Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me

My Best Friend's Hot

Kyungsoo groans and rubs the sleep from his eyes. His body feels stiff and his mouth tastes sour. Grimacing, he props himself up on his elbow and then groggily pushes himself up in a sitting position. Kyungsoo stretches open his mouth wide in a yawn and runs his hands down his face, patting his cheeks a few times to clear the haze of sleep from his mind. He groans again at the ache in his body and curses himself for dancing so much…

 

Kyungsoo freezes. His brain is waking up and the gears are turning, clicking in the memories of last night. He immediately buries his race in his hands because this is NOT happening. But it is, because this isn’t Kyungsoo’s bed, this isn’t Kyungsoo’s room, and this is for sure not his house. From what he remembers, he never actually left the party, just moved it to another room.

 

Taking deep breaths, Kyungsoo uncovers his face and prays to every god that Caleb will be in bed beside him. But no matter how much he wants it, his heart sinks with reality as his eyes land on the , gloriously tan and toned torso of Kim Jongin.

 

Kyungsoo honestly feels like bursting into tears. He wasn’t drunk, not on alcohol at least. There’s absolutely no excuse for this. He can remember everything clear as day, and Jongin wasn’t drunk either. Perhaps they were drunk on the atmosphere, or on how good it felt to touch each other after so long. Kyungsoo feels sick and happy and depressed and angry all at once and he wants to beat the out of Jongin while the boy is defenseless.

 

So he does. He starts out with a weak push and hit, but it soon grows heavier and more fueled with anger and confusion. He wants to scream “Why? Why? Why?” but he doesn’t want anyone else to hear. A particularly hard shove sends Jongin tumbling over the edge, and he wakes up just in time to catch himself from landing hard on the floor. Confused, he takes a minute to get a hold of what the hell is going on, but it doesn’t take long when he meets Kyungsoo’s angry gaze.

 

The flash of instant regret that crosses Jongin’s face has Kyungsoo loosing control over his emotions. He can’t stop his lips from trembling or the hot, furious tears that spill down his cheeks. He wants to say something, but clenches his teeth instead, hurriedly wiping his tears with the back of his hand.

 

“K-Kyungsoo,” Jongin says softly as he cautiously climbs back onto the bed. Kyungsoo doesn’t say anything, just stares at the crumpled sheets unable to erase the intruding memories of last night. “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo.”

 

Jongin knows he ed up big time. Its not like he doesn’t care about Kyungsoo, its just that he isn’t right for him…right? Jongin doesn’t really know what to believe or think anymore, he just knows that Kyungsoo is crying because of him and he feels like complete because of it. Because he was an that couldn’t stand competition, even if things were never like that.

 

Gently Jongin wraps his arms around Kyungsoo’s shoulder, pulling him to lie down beside him. Kyungsoo hates that he’s letting Jongin hold him, but he’s just hurting so much. He hates that he’s crying in front of Jongin, but after holding everything in for so long he just can’t help it. There’s something so awful about the way he feels safe and comforted in Jongin’s arms. Kyungsoo is sick because despite everything, Jongin’s arms are still the place he feels the most loved.

 

 

~*~

 

 

Going to school is the last thing Chanyeol wants to do, but like a good student he drags himself through the school hallways mostly conscious. He’s been in the slumps since Friday night, having a of a hangover all Saturday and unsuccessfully trying to recover on Sunday. Thoughts about his life, Baekhyun, the three years spent apart, Baekhyun, and also Baekhyun won’t leave his head and it’s starting to irritate him.

 

Chanyeol stifles a yawn, leaning against the wall outside of his next class. Pretty much everyone has noticed his miserable state and left him alone, something that he’s grateful for. He doesn’t need to commit social suicide on top of everything else. All the noise is blending together and he closes his eyes to try and clear his mind. Chanyeol focuses really hard on thinking of nothing, but just when he thinks he’s achieved that coveted blankness, a sharp voice cuts his concentration.

 

“Hey Hey! What’s up, Chan-man! Didn’t see you at the party Friday.”

Chanyeol opens his eyes and holds back a groan. Standing in front of him are four soccer players, three seniors: Amir, Leroy, and Trey, and that junior Juan. Its Leroy’s sharp voice that shattered his blankness, and it just continues.

Leroy smiles at Chanyeol’s annoyed expression. “You should’ve been there man. You know I’m usually more inclined to girls, but the way your friend Baekhyun moved that night was completely mesmerizing. Think I might have to get in on that.”

Chanyeol thinks he’s about to blow a fuse.

 

“Whoa, whoa, hold up,” Juan says, putting a hand on Leroy’s shoulder, “You gonna have to get in line, man. If I recall correctly after me it’s Natsu and then Amir.”

Trey laughs. “Yeah, he’s totally right. You’ll have to book an appointment with the student council president,” he says while shooting a -eating grin at Chanyeol.

Leroy pretends to not notice Chanyeol fuming. “You think Kyungsoo is in the Student Council room right now?”

Amir shrugs and says, “Who knows, but you should probably check before more people get in front of you.”

 

Chanyeol is half bewildered that this is even happening and half infuriated. He’s so angry he can’t say anything when the four turn to walk away, barely able to comprehend when Leroy pats him on the arm saying, “Hope you don’t mind us borrowing him for a bit,” before winking and walking off.

 

His throat and mouth have dried up completely from the hellfire raging inside of him. The bell rings and he has a momentary confliction of going to class before all but sprinting to Baekhyun’s current class. He doesn’t know what exactly he plans to do, but he has to do something right? He can’t just let this continue! Those animals are using his poor Baekhyun, toying with him because of a stupid rivalry and there is no way Chanyeol could ever allow something that obscene to continue!

 

He’s damn near out of breath by the time he reaches Baekhyun’s classroom (because he turned down the wrong hallway in his haste) and he has to catch his breath for a minute. When he regains proper thought, he realizes that he can’t just barge into a senior class for no reason. Chanyeol peeps through the door to see if he can catch Baekhyun’s attention, but it doesn’t work. Realizing the wonders of technology, Chanyeol takes out his phone and texts Baekhyun about the urgent situation, all the while creeping at the small square door window.

 

Finally he sees Baekhyun check his phone, make a confused face, and then look up towards the door. His eyes widen when he sees Chanyeol’s dopey face grinning in the window and waving at him to come out. Baekhyun excuses himself and rushes out the door, pushing Chanyeol aside.

“What in the world is so important that it needed to be said right now at this very moment?” Baekhyun asks in a hushed tone as they walk down the hallway to the bathroom.

 

Chanyeol’s face turns serious and his anger boils again. “Look, Baekhyun you seriously need to stop hanging out with all those soccer player!”

Baekhyun looks taken back. “Whoa, chill out. What’s the problem here?”

“The problem here is that they’re just playing around with you!” he says as he struggles to keep his voice down. “It’s all this stupid rivalry between the basketball team and the soccer team, so they’re messing with you because of me…” Chanyeol cringes. It definitely sounded better in his head.

 

“Okaaaaay,” Baekhyun gives him an amusing look, “so you’re saying that the soccer team is targeting me because I’m your childhood friend…and you’re on the basketball team…so they’re tricking me or whatever and you’re here warning me…?”

Chanyeol sighs in frustration. “Yes, I know it sounds stupid but yes.”

Baekhyun lets out a very attractive snort before outright laughing at Chanyeol. Chanyeol throws his hands up in exasperation. Here he is trying to be a good person….

“Sorry, haha,” Baekhyun says, “its just that you are sooo dumb, Chanyeol.”

 

Now Chanyeol is angry, confused, and hurt. “What the ?”

Baekhyun puts his hands up in defense. “No, no, sorry. I mean that you completely fell for their trap. I didn’t think it would actually do anything, but you really are oblivious. Its all a joke, Chanyeol.”

Chanyeol takes in a deep breath and leans against the wall. “Please expain.”

“Come on, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun says, “I’m not dumb enough to actually “go out” with all of them. Mostly we’ve just hung out in a group. We’re friends. I’m not doing anything with them, geez.”

 

Chanyeol is quiet for a minute and then says, “So… what you’re saying is, I got all upset over nothing.”

Baekhyun looks down sheepishly. “I, I didn’t think you’d actually take them seriously. No one did, honestly, none of the guys thought you were seriously mad.”

“Well, I was.” Chanyeol says curtly.

 

A feeling of guilt settles in Baekhyun’s gut. Looking at Chanyeol, he can tell Chanyeol was and is still really upset about happened. It sparks a sliver of hope that that anger may b jealously. Maybe Chanyeol is upset because he doesn’t want Baekhyun to be with anyone else… but he shouldn’t get too carried away.

 

“Chanyeol,” Baekhyun tries to get his attention, but Chanyeol is still looking coldly off to the side. So he tries again, this time using the weapon of cuteness. “Chaaaanyeoollie~” he says as he bumps onto Chanyeol, invading his personal space and making it impossible to ignore him. It gets a reaction, a grunt, but not much else.

 

Baekhyun sighs. “I’m sorry, okay? I’m sorry, so please forgive me?” he says while going in for a hug and hanging there until Chanyeol hugs him back.

“Well,” Chanyeol finally says, “its not like it’s really your fault, so I shouldn’t be upset at you.”

Baekhyun steps back and crosses his arms. “Hey, yeah, you’re right. What the hell, man?”

Chanyeol laughs and pulls Baekhyun in another hug. “All is forgiven. I feel better knowing it was all a joke. Trey, Juan, Amir, oh and especially Cash. Cash was too much honestly; he was really starting to irritate me.”

 

Baekhyun freezes.

 

Oh . 

 


 

 

ugh i havent updated in forever OTL

school and life and stuff

but i have this lol

enjoyyyy~~~~~~