Everyone Wants To Feel Loved

My Best Friend's Hot

Chanyeol’s date with Sojoon at the Fun Barn can only be described as odd. On the way to lunch, at lunch, and even after lunch at the Fun Barn Sojoon seems as though she’s rushed or impatient. At first, Chanyeol just assumes she really likes the Fun Barn, but then once they get there her jitteriness doesn’t subside. Every so often her eyes glance around and she can’t seem to get invested in any of the activities. Sojoon is so obvious about it that it’s distracting Chanyeol, who has had barely two words spoken to him the entire date.

 

“Sojoon,” Chanyeol calls her name so that she can take her turn at Putt-Putt, but she’s looking off in the opposite direction completely not paying attention. Irritation is making its way throughout Chanyeol’s being. Why does he have to be here when this clearly isn’t a date she wants to be on? Instead of calling her name again, Chanyeol gives her a gentle shove with his Putt-Putt stick.

 

Sojoon stumbles a bit, clearly caught off guard. “Hey! What’s with you?” she says, annoyance creeping into her voice.

Chanyeol is taken back by her tone. “Excuse me? What’s with me? What the hell’s with you, Sojoon? Why did you even have me go on a date with you when you clearly don’t want to be on a date with me?”

Sojoon’s expression hardens and then deflates, along with the rest of her. She plops down on the ground, lightly tossing her own Putt-Putt stick in defeat. “I’m sorry,” she says her voice thick with gloom.

Shocked at the sudden mood change, Chanyeol gingerly makes his way beside her. He watches her for a moment as she tears up pieces of grass before saying, “So, you want to tell me what’s going on or…?”

Sojoon takes in a shuddering breath. “Today would have been our three year anniversary,” she says quietly. She turns around and gazes off at the other side of the Putt-Putt course where two girls are laughing and play fighting with their Putt-Putt sticks. “The one with the long, straight, black hair is my ex, Tristan,” her voice cracks, “and the other one is her new girlfriend.” Sojoon barely gets out the word “girlfriend” before breaking out into tears.

 

Chanyeol sighs and lets her cry on his shoulder. Her erratic behavior all makes sense now, how Sojoon constantly wanted to go out to places, take pictures, and basically make a show of them together.

“I thought if I was with you, she’d notice and be jealous and try to get me back, but she hasn’t even looked at me once!” Sojoon cries harder and Chanyeol is all too aware of how open and public the Putt-Putt course is. He awkwardly waves at a concerned mother who passes by.

“Hey, hey now,” Chanyeol tries to pull Sojoon away to get her up, but she’s gone limp. His heart does go out to her. Chanyeol could never imagine getting to such a pathetic and defeated state, although he supposes that that’s what love will do. “Okie dokie, we’re just gonna do this,” Chanyeol says mostly to himself as he hoists Sojoon up and he silently thanks God she’s so small. She doesn’t seem to notice and just continues to cry, face buried in his shoulder and wavy brown hair sticking every which way. At least, she won’t witness the awkwardness of carrying a crying girl across a Putt-Putt course.

 

Chanyeol prays no one will stop him and ask what’s wrong. He really doesn’t know what to say, so he thanks God for his long legs and goes as fast as he can. Seeing a gate with a sign that reads “Parking Lot”, Chanyeol makes a beeline across some holes and he’s sure he’s gonna make it home free. Of course, no such luck, at least not for him.

 

“What’d you do to her!” an angry voice with an equally angry grip hits Chanyeol a mere five feet from the gate.

Chanyeol is whipped around to meet the angry voice’s angry face with her angry long, straight, black hair. He stumbles back not used to meeting people face to face. She appeared much shorter from across the Putt-Putt course. “G-uuuhhhhh,” is the only thing that comes out of his mouth and within seconds, Sojoon is being scooped from his arms.

 

Tristan cradles Sojoon as she sits them down on the ground and brushes hairs from Sojoon’s wet face. “Baby, what’s wrong? What happened? Are you hurt? Did he do something to you?” the girl speaks firm but gentle as she comforts Sojoon. She takes off her jacket and wraps the softened black leather around Sojoon’s shoulders to calm her down.

Sojoon is shaking her head and taking in quick breaths trying to find her voice. “You don’t love me anymore!” she cries.

 

At this point, Chanyeol feels like he’s watching a drama he got into by mistake, but I now thoroughly invested in. His heart even breaks a little when he hears Sojoon say that, and it breaks a little more at the expression of pure regret and sorrow on Tristan’s face.

 

“Oh God, no, no that’s not true at all,” Tristan says as she pulls Sojoon in a close embrace. “I’m so sorry, baby. I love you so, so much. I swear to God I love you so ing much,” she says gently. Tristan pulls back only to spread light kisses on Sojoon’s face and finally a tender kiss on her lips.

 Finally, Sojoon is able to compose herself. She wipes the tears from her face and sits up on her own. “I don’t understand,” she says, “You were fine without me in your life. You never even looked at me. I wanted to make you jealous, but you didn’t even notice, and you replaced me.” Sojoon sniffles and pulls Tristan’s jacket tighter around her.

Tristan just shakes her head. “How could you ever even think that? Fine without you? This has been the most miserable 3 weeks and four days of my entire life. And hell yeah I noticed you. I noticed how you wore all my favorite things, how you flirted and smiled at everyone, and,” Tristan gives an exasperated laugh, “I swear, all the times I came so close to jumping your new boy toy and beatin’ him with the ole soap bar in a sock.” She glances at Chanyeol, the menace still burning bright, and he takes a cautious step back, more than slightly afraid.

Despite Tristan’s confession bringing fear to Chanyeol, Sojoon gets warmth in her heart and a smile on her lips. “Really?” she asks, but as she looks into Tristan’s eyes, she knows she doesn’t really need to ask. It’s as if the last three weeks and four days were some kind of nightmare and she’s just now waking up. Looking into Tristan’s eyes is like being plunged into a deep, green sea with a world of water separating you from the storm on the surface. Sojoon feels the shiver of the sea, yet the warmth of Tristan’s love is like lying out in the sun. It’s her calm, her comfort, and her content.

 

~*~

 

When Jora thought that he’d like Baekhyun to be his friend, it was an honest thought, and he still would like to be friends with Baekhyun, but it’s not like he isn’t a teenage boy, right? And Jora wouldn’t say he’s picky, but he does favor certain…attributes. Out on the basketball court, there weren’t too many opportunities to really get up close and personal, but now with Baekhyun sitting so close to him, wearing just some shorts and a T-shirt, well, Jora is noticing things. Things such as how soft Baekhyun is. Soft is the way Jora likes to describe it when someone is a little chubby. Jora likes that; it’s one of his favored attributes. Also, one of his favorite things is thighs, nice, soft, healthy thighs. And even though he feels y for it, he really can’t stop looking at Baekhyun’s.

 

So maybe when Baekhyun switches positions to sit crisscross and part of his leg overlaps onto Jora’s lap, it’s not entirely without thought that Jora casually slides a hand on the exposed part of Baekhyun’s thigh. Of course, now with his legs crisscrossed, the shorts pulled up more, exposing more than it had previously, but Jora doesn’t want to push his luck. So far, Baekhyun doesn’t seem to mind, even leaning over to rest his head against Jora’s shoulder, and Jora internally lets out a sigh of relief. He’d feel like a huge douche if he made Baekhyun uncomfortable. 

 

In all honesty, Jora is content. He has a soft thigh in his hand that belongs to a cute boy leaning on his shoulder, and he doesn’t even have to miss his weekly program. Every so often he explains what’s happening since Baekhyun has never seen the show, and everything is going great. Jora is totally relaxed, too relaxed he realized when he hears Baekhyun let out a short giggle and grabs his hand. The hand on the thigh.

“That tickles,” Baekhyun says with a small smile.

Jora’s eyes widen. Oh no. He must’ve been subconsciously squeezing Baekhyun’s thigh. Jora looks down and pulls his hand away (some would say slowly, Jora would say at a normal pace). “Uh, oh ha, sorry about that,” he gives a sheepish smile, “I guess I didn’t realize, ha ha.”

 

Baekhyun seems amused by Jora’s reaction, and it doesn’t take long for Baekhyun to figure out why Jora reacted weirdly. Not that Jora didn’t make it obvious with the way he stared as he pulled his hand away. Baekhyun doesn’t resist the mischievous spark that lights up with an idea. “You didn’t realize that your hand was moving up my thigh or you didn’t realize you were squeezing my thigh?” Baekhyun asks, just barely suppressing his smirk.

The look on Jora’s face is priceless and he averts his gaze to the ceiling. “Uuuhm, ah both? I guess?” he shrugs still staring at the ceiling doing his best to not think about his hand on, up, or squeezing Baekhyun’s thigh.

 

Baekhyun laughs thoroughly amused with Jora’s reactions. “Hey, you have a thigh or something?” he asks with a grin.

This breaks Jora’s staring contest with the ceiling. “Okay, it’s not a ,” he says, clearly feeling the need to defend himself, “I just happen to be into them, and not all thighs, just certain types, mostly soft ones.”

“Soft ones?” Baekhyun questions.

Jora nods. “Yeah, you know, like kinda chubby—”

“Wait,” Baekhyun interrupts him, “are you saying I’m chubby?”

“No! I mean yes, but not in a bad way,” Jora hurries to explain himself, “I mean it as a compliment. Chubby isn’t a bad thing. I mean you look- like wow, you look pretty damn good, Baekhyun. I mean it.”

“Okay, it’s fine,” Baekhyun says letting him know he can stop freaking out about maybe offending him, “I know I’m not fit, or skinny, I’m just-“

“Soft,” Jora says.

Baekhyun nods. “Yeah, that does sound nice. I’m just soft.”

 

Baekhyun notices that Jora’s eyes have wondered again, but he doesn’t feel embarrassed about it. In truth, he’s never been one for exercise and he loves pastries and all good food, so he knows he a little more on the chubby side of things, but he’s always been a bit self-conscious of it. It’s a nice feeling to have someone praise something you’re self-conscious about, especially when they had no idea you were self-conscious in the first place. “So… I fit your “certain type” then?”

Has Jora died and gone to heaven? What’s with the change in the mood? Is this really happening? He decides he can’t contemplate on those things right now. He just needs to go with the flow. “Yeah, but it’s more than that, all of you is just,” Jora takes in a breath as he looks Baekhyun up and down. He can’t find a word to describe Baekhyun, so he doesn’t use one, but the meaning gets across to Baekhyun nonetheless. And as if Baekhyun being Baekhyun isn’t already sending Jora into overdrive, the boy blushes the prettiest shade of pink.

 

The urge for Baekhyun to invite Jora over is strong, but not without the momentary thought of Chanyeol. The thought that what if it was Chanyeol sitting there and saying those things begs to become a reality, but then Baekhyun remembers that every girl Chanyeol has shown interest in has been small, petite, skinny, and/or athletic. Chanyeol would never say those things to him. But Jora, tall, handsome, ripped, Jora would and is saying those things to him. Maybe Jora doesn’t want a romantic relationship with him, Jora doesn’t really even know him, but Jora does want him. Sometimes it’s nice just to be wanted.

 

So, despite better judgment saying, “Hey! You don’t know this guy! Someone could walk through the door! What if this was all a cover and he’s really a -y psychopath?!” Baekhyun scoots right into Jora’s lap. His heart is hammering from excitement in the unknown and a quiet, bubbly laugh surfaces as Jora runs both his hands up Baekhyun’s thighs and under the loose fabric of his shorts. Jora turns and gently lays Baekhyun down on his back. His hands caress Baekhyun’s thigh once more before he rests his hands on the hem of Baekhyun’s shorts.

“Can I?” Jora asks in a hushed voice, and Baekhyun nods ‘yes’ while also pulling at Jora’s shirt, not quite having the confidence to ask him out loud. Thankfully, Jora understands and pulls his shirt off in one swift motion.

 

Baekhyun watches Jora, fascinated with how gentle and careful he is, as though he’s handling some kind of sacred artifact. Maybe it’s not a responsible choice, but hell if Baekhyun isn’t feeling damn good about himself. It turns out having someone basically glorify your body does wonders for the self-esteem.

“Can I kiss you?” Jora asks, and again Baekhyun nods, only half-surprised when he feels Jora press his lip on the underside of his thigh.

Baekhyun lets out a light gasp, having never experienced someone’s mouth in such an area. He’s pleased to find it a pleasant feeling, only flushing when Jora begins to make his way down, stopping to leave his mark high enough for it to remain unseen. He then starts again on the other thigh, eventually making his way down, and stopping to give he first mark a twin.

 

By the time Jora makes it to Baekhyun’s lips, Baekhyun’s head is fuzzy. Fuzzy until he hears a loud, “What the ever-loving ?!” echo in his living room. The first thing Baekhyun thinks is, “Thank the Mother Mary Jora’s head wasn’t in between my thighs.” While the second is that he should pull down his shirt and put his pants back on. Which he would do, if Jora would get off of him, but the guy seems frozen and now that Baekhyun thinks about it Chanyeol too is very quiet considering his very loud and disruptive entrance.

 

When that light bulb finally goes off in Jora’s head, he isn’t quite sure what to do. At least, he now knows why the name “Baekhyun” sounds so familiar. On the downside, Jora is looking up at a seething Chanyeol while on top of a partially unclothed Baekhyun, who Jora now knows is the Chanyeol’s childhood best friend Baekhyun. At Baekhyun’s light insistence, Jora unfreezes and helps the boy get dressed.

 

Chanyeol’s silence weighs heavy on both Baekhyun and Jora. He remains silent as he walks over, picks up Jora’s forgotten shirt, balls it up, and chunks it at Jora’s face. Jora just barely manages to catch it, but not without some backlash from a loose sleeve.

“Get out,” Chanyeol says, his voice so deep it’s almost a rumble. It’s the first time Baekhyun has ever heard such a sound come out of Chanyeol and he becomes alarmed.

Jora clears his throat and nods. “Yeah, let me just...,” he says as he goes to put his shirt on.

“No. Out. Now,” Chanyeol says again in that deep, angry voice.

This time, Jora just nods, puts his hands up in surrender, and cautiously skirts around Chanyeol and then out the door.

 

For a while, Chanyeol just has this blank, angry face and he stands silently looking at the couch. Baekhyun decides he should say something and so he stands up slowly. “Chanyeol?”

Without even looking at him, Chanyeol whispers, “Go take a shower.”

At first, Baekhyun is sure that he heard wrong, but when he realizes that he didn’t, he gets angry. “Excuse me? Did you just tell me to go take a shower?” Baekhyun says in disbelief.

Chanyeol says nothing, just continuously clenches and unclenches his jaw.

 

“Helloooo? Chanyeol? Excuse me, ? Do you have a moment to explain to me who the you think you are telling me to go shower? Am I your wife?” Baekhyun is beyond pissed. Now, it’d be one thing if he and Chanyeol were dating, but they aren’t. So, where does Chanyeol get off talking to him like this?

Just when Baekhyun thinks Chanyeol isn’t going to respond, he turns around. “Do you even know who he is?”

Baekhyun scoffs. “His name is Jora and he spent the day with me, unlike someone I know,” he says and crosses his arms.

Chanyeol lets out a labored sigh and decides to address that comment later. “Jora goes to our school, Baekhyun. He’s a starter for the basketball team. I know him pretty well.”

Baekhyun shrugs. “So? Just because you know him, doesn’t mean he knows who I am.”

“Sure, except for the fact that I’ve discussed and mentioned you to him before,” Chanyeol says, “about how the whole soccer team using you bothered me.”

 “Soooooooo?” Baekhyun really hopes Chanyeol isn’t going where he thinks he’s going.

 

Chanyeol shakes his head. “So, he knew who you were and I’m assuming since you think he didn’t, he pretended that he didn’t. Add in the fact that he has quite a few rumors going around that he gets around, it’s obvious that since you suddenly became a hot topic, he suddenly—”

“Stop! Just shut up, Chanyeol!” Baekhyun yells in a sudden outburst. He doesn’t mean to be so affected; it’s just that he really can’t stand to hear anything more. The thought that Jora may have only pretended to be into him just to say he slept with Baekhyun, that he was lying the whole time just to get Baekhyun to let Jora touch him, that Jora was probably laughing at him the whole time for believing that someone would be that into his body type, it was all too much to think about.

The back of Baekhyun’s throat stings and his eyes prickle, and suddenly he feels dirty, used. “I’m going to go take a shower,” he whispers and then leaves before he can hear any response of Chanyeol’s. If there even was one. 

 

 


 

 

omg y'all

this got so crazy so fast im so sorry i love drama so much

also writing the last few paragraphs made me so sad :(

but imma fix it all later i promise

hope you enjoyed :)