Scream

Certitude.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo sits down the couch, a blank expression on his face as he glances over the apartment with its pristine dirty white, and mahogany decorations to its wood accents and glasses—myungsoo sighs at the amount of glasses—surely, a cozy home.

He graces the living room with a curious stare, shaking his head in exasperation at how big the expanse is—no, at how ridiculous this idea, this whole thing is.

He bites his lips when he notices in his peripheral vision, sungyeol entering his—at least they had their own—room.

He had called his father multiple of times, even spamming his email until his father had yelled at him at the 20th ring he had.

“Yah!” Myungsoo’s father yells, “I’m busy!”

“What the heck is this about me moving apartment?!” Myungsoo yells back, anger, confusion and most of all fear in his voice.

“It is as it is, Myungsoo” He could practically hear his father rolling his eyes, “It’s near your school and it’s near the office.”

“Dad, that’s why they invented cars” Myungsoo says, exasperated. “I mean, yes sure we could live in this apartment but the two of us in one? We need some privacy! Besides, my apartment is near my school.”

Myungsoo’s dad goes silent for a while, myungsoo looking at his phone to check whether his father is still on. “da—“

“Myungsoo, don’t think I don’t know you both have been fighting.” His eyes widen. He hadn’t talked about sungyeol with his dad ever since the latter left nor did his father opened up that topic. “You’ve been friends forever, only an idiot wouldn’t notice.”

“this…” Myungsoo starts, “This has nothing to do with—“

“If it doesn’t, then you don’t have problems with the privacy you so speak of, mind your own business or sort this out, either way you both will be living together.”Myungsoo flinches at the intensity of his dad’s voice, “You have been together for almost all of your life, Myungsoo.”

Myungsoo bites his lips before humming. “okay.”

‘If only it was that easy.’

He looks at the untouched boxes that are all over the vast expanse of the living room, almost covering everything in sight before groaning, this was turning into a more ridiculous situations as it goes.

 

Sungyeol sits down on his bed, covering his face with his hand, silently groaning. He was expecting his father to call and tell him that this was a mistake, that he hadn’t approved, but nothing.

It wasn’t like he could call his father, he wouldn’t answer anyway. He never did.

He hears a familiar ringtone, taking his phone out of his wallet and answering it right away, knowing who it was as a smile makes its way up his face.

“Hey.” Sungyeol answers.

“well, you don’t sound too enthusiastic to hear me, hyung”

“Jaehwan-ah” Sungyeol chuckles.

“Hyung,” Jaehwan sighs “You okay? You can just move he—“

“no,” Sungyeol sighs. “It’s fine… Besides, dad… he hasn’t called”

It takes a moment for jaehwan to reply before sungyeol hears a sigh on the other line “Fine” he starts, “But if you want to, you can always move here.”

“I’ll remember that.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter