Nails and Fingers

Certitude.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo looks at the person seating in front of him before looking at his food. He shoves a spoonful of rice and a bite of chiken and tries to hide the pout that was forming on his face. There was no reason for him to pout but he can't help it.

“I haven’t seen you since high school.” Dongwoo says, standing up and walking towards the figure, his hands draping on the other’s shoulder as the latter gives him a slight nudge.

“Sorry, hyung” Jaehwan grins, “I’ve been quite busy lately.”

“So I’ve seen.” Dongwoo raises his brows, teasing. “you guys have been going on world tour, huh? It’s like wherever I look, I see you.” They really were everywhere. From radios to tv shows, to posters and to concerts.

Jaehwan smiles at him. “I’ll make up to you sometime.” Dongwoo guides him to seat down on the avaible seat next to him and he looks at the person in front of him. It was Myungsoo and the latter was looking at him too, noticing an unreadable expression on Jaehwan's face and before Myungsoo could think about it, Jaehwan smiles at him.

“How are you?” Jaehwan asks.

Myungsoo looks at him and there was sincerity in his eyes and Myungsoo hates himself a little because how can he dislike the only person who have been with Sungyeol’s side ever since? “I’m good.” He answers and gives him a subtle smile. Jaehwan and him weren’t really close because he had spent his time with minah that he didn’t even had the chance to get to know the lad. “You? Are you eating well, though?”

Jaehwan chuckles at him, “I’m on a diet.” And the he pouts. “We’re having a comeback.”

Myungsoo nods, not knowing what to say next.

Unbeknownst to them, the other guys were looking at them intently as Sungyeol continues on preparing the food along with Woohyun. Of course they were glancing at them every now and then, they didn’t want to handle a fight just about yet.

Shockingly though, they were in good terms.

 

Woohyun nudges Sungyeol by the ribs, the latter looking at him from the side and raising his brow. “You contacted him all this time and you didn’t even tell us where you were?” There was an apparent pout on Woohyun’s lips that Sungyeol could clearly distinguish.

Sungyeol bites his lips and looks at the food that he was making, “He actually didn’t know where I was.” He says and he could feel woohyun staring at him and questions filling up his brain but the latter bumps him by the shoulder and there was still a pout on Woohyun’s lips and he knows nothing could make this night sadden him.

“It’s a good thing I love you.” Woohyun sighs.

“Are you cheating on me?” Sunggyu’s voice breaks the atmosphere as Woohyun looks at him from behind, the latter raising his brow with an amused smile on.

“I would never.” Woohyun raises his brows with pride. “But then again, Sungyeol is hot.”

Sunggyu grins, “He is.”

Woohyun furrows his brows, another pout appearing on his lips. “Hey!”

“Can we not talk about me in front of me?” Sungyeol scowls at them and walks in the middle of the two arguing adults, shaking his head and walking towards the table, tray of foods in hand.

Myungsoo looks at Sungyeol from the corner of his eyes and watches him as he seats down near Jaehwan, squeezing his shoulder a bit and the latter smiling at him. He looks back at the foods in front of him and purses his lips.

Might as well eat.

They spend the evening with exchanges of what the past 3 years were like, careful to not mention any things that might make it awkward and Myungsoo smiles to himself because it’s like nothing really ever happened. It was like the times, years ago, when they would just talk and eat the night away and nothing could replace this.

He opens his second can of beer, standing up and walking towards the open door of the balcony, letting the others enjoy themselves to their hearts contents. He opens the door a little, letting half of his body and face out, closing his eyes and evens out his breathing.

He can’t have a panic attack now.

He takes a sip from the can, his senses heightened and his buds already numb before he takes another breather. The smell of beer along with the noise always made him feel panicky and unlike other times, he just can’t go and hole himself up in the room now of all times, he just has to wait.

Just like what he always does.

Breathe and wait.

He almost looses grips on his canned beer when someone taps him by shoulder, flinching by the touch. “Woah there,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter