Vertical Lines

Certitude.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myungsoo shoves a spoonful of rice before letting go of the metal, a clinking sound resounding to it. He looks at the unused utensils that were placed directly at him before shaking his head and sighing.

Why was he sulking anyway? It wasn’t their fault.

It wasn’t Sungyeol’s fault when his fiancée called for him even if it was their first meal together since his return; it wasn’t his fiancée’s fault that Sungyeol wanted to be with her instead of eating with Myungsoo.

They weren’t at fault and Myungsoo was just—as always—being selfish and he kind of hates that part of him. That part of him that wants everything.

He finishes his food with one last mouthful before taking them to the dishwasher, sighing at the sight of the foods and the utensils that he had prepared. So much for burning his hand. Maybe it was payback for being selfish and actually thinking that everything was going back to normal.

He thinks of reasons why Sungyeol had been acting nice to him since this morning as he cleans the kitchen before heading to the living room, sitting in silence as his thoughts take him back to what happened when Sungyeol left.

Myungsoo had been a living corpse ever since Sungyeol had left 3 months ago. He hadn’t been talking, hadn’t been interacting, and was always alone. Even infinite didn’t know what to do with him, Myungsoo, himself, didn’t know what to do.

How had he been living all this time? Myungsoo doesn’t remember. Sure, maybe he did momentarily forget about Sungyeol when he was with Minah but there was never a time he was never worried for the latter, as was Sungyeol for him. Or so that what he would like to think.

He lifts himself up from the bed, he doesn’t know when he had been laying down but he knows for sure that it had been a long time. The sun wasn’t even up when he was up now it was setting.

His eyes lands at the flowers that were framed directly at his bed.

“Honey,” his mother calls out to him from the other side of the door, worried. Myungsoo walks over to the door and opens it, his face rid of emotions.

His mother smiles at him, her eyes full of sadness that Myungsoo wanted to—but can’t seem to erase. He urges himself to eat a lot, but the flashbacks, dozens of flashbacks flashes before him and the food just won’t go down. In the end he excuses himself from the table after 3 bites.

Myungsoo’s eyes flicker for a moment at his wrist before bring it up, removing the bracelet he had on and revealing barely noticeable vetical lines hidden by the jewelry.

He looks at it one last time before putting it back on, shaking his head. He gathers himself and stands up, going to the bathroom.

No use thinking about what happened.

 

Sungyeol smiles as he sees a figure waiting for him inside the restaurant from the window before heading there. He pats her in the back before a smile overtakes his lips.

“Did you wait long?” Sungyeol asks, seating opposite to her.

“Nope.” Sora shakes her head. “You look happy.”

Sungyeol hums in response, looking at the menu.

“So tell me what you’ve been up to.”

“Oh you know,” Sungyeol starts, biting his lips. “We’re acting normal… Or as normal as it could get.”

“Well, that’s good.”

Sungyeol gives him another hum. Sora smiles at him knowing full well of the reason why he was like that. She skims through the menu when her phones rings. Looking at the caller, a smile broke out from her face.

Picking it up, she opens after coughing. “Hello.” She says, almost cold. Almost. Because she couldn’t keep the excitement down.

Sungyeol looks at her from his lashes and gives her a knowing smile. He tells the waiter their order—Steak for both of them. He flips through his phone, ushering Sora to carry on.

Looking through his gallery, he finds a picture of Myungsoo and him when they were in highschool and shakes his head at how ridiculous it looked with myungsoo’s arm draped over Sun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter