Thank You

Unlucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do Kyungsoo, as a little child, thought tears were a sign of weakness. He never saw Kyungsik hyung cry and for Kyungsoo, his older brother was the strongest person to ever exist in this world. So even though his classmates and his neighbors whishpered bad rumors about the Do brothers, Kyungsoo never shed a single tear or got angry. Kyungsik hyung had once explained that Kyungsoo should pity them for they have nothing better to do but talk behind a little children's back. Do Kyungsoo smiled and agreed with his intelligent brother.

Do Kyungsoo, wearing a dirty junior high uniform, realized tears were what distinguished humans from robots. Tears meant you were real. Feelings and emotions were what made humans real. Do Kyungsoo understood that a little too late. As Kyungsik hyung laid cold on the concret road with blood pooling around his body, Do Kyungsoo didn't know what to do. Without a word, tears flowed down his face and onto his heart. That night, with the cold teardrops falling like a storm upon his empty heart, Kyungsoo no longer thought tears as a sign of weakness. It was strong enough to break his heart and make Kyungsik hyung fall to the ground. There was nothing as strong as the falling teardrops.

With raging tears thundering down his broken eyes, he asked himself a very simple question: "Would things ever get better?" .

"No." He answered without a second hesitation.

Do Kyungsoo had no idea how wrong his answer would turn out to be.

I stared at Kyungsik hyung's face.

He was still smiling despite the shattered picture frame surrounding him.

I returned a smile that Kyungsik hyung had taught me. A bright smile void of any sadness.

That was what made him strong. Kyungsik hyung smiled without a hint of sadness when in fact he was on verge of breaking down and letting his tears pour down.

Now it was my turn to be strong.

"Kyungsoo-ah are you ready to go?" Jongin hugged me from behind and wisphered in my ear softly.

Yes, finally I was ready to go. To get out of this place and find a new home with Kim Jongin. I was more than ready to walk out of this place and really leave my past. I wanted to escape from my past but some past was meant to stay. Kyungsik hyung was part of my past but he also became my present and future.

Everything was blank. There seemed to be no light guiding me out of this deep tunnel. I was stuck inside a lightless cave with no hope and tomorrow.

Then Kim Jongin came.

Becasue of him, I was looking forward to better tomorrow and my empty heart started to fill with thousand lights of hope.

"Yeah, let's go." I replied with certainty.

I had no doubt about my direction anymore. I am walking along this path with Kim Jongin and I really didn't mind where we end up as long as Jongin stayed next to me.

"Okay, here we go." Jongin held out his hand and I took it without a second hestiation.

Where are we going? I don't know.

Are you sure you want do this? I don't know.

What if you get lost? I don't know.

I honestly don't know what would happen from now on but I knew this:

Sometimes, there is no next time.

Sometimes, there are no second chances.

Sometimes, it's now or never.

I would rather take a risk wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter