Four leaf clover

Unlucky
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do Kyungsoo never believed in superstition. But when he was born on the 4th room of the 4th floor hospital on 4:44 a.m. as the 4th child born to his family, he had a feeling something was going on. When he broke his noes by falling backward, got hit by a flower vase droping from 3rd floor cafe, and his umbrella breaking on every rainy day, he finally confronted that feeling. He happened to be very unlucky. A bad luck followed him everywhere.

* #4 means death and bad luck in South Korea. *                                                                                                        

January 12th, 9:20 a.m., I woke up to the sound of rain pit-pating on the window.

No school today. I'm late anyway, might as well go back to sleep.

I closed my eyes and buried myself inside the cozy blanket. As sleep dawned on me, my phone started to ring noisily. 

"About time." I whispered to myeself as I reached for my phone with my eyes closed and answered the call.

"Ya Do Kyungsoo you coming to school or not?!" As expected, piercing yell spilled out of the speaker. The only person that would call me. The only person that yells at me. The only person that worries when I don't show up for school. The only person I had left on my side. Park Chanyeol.

"Just cuz today's your birthday dosen't mean you can skip school! If you miss one more school day you're gonna get kicked out. You're in 12th grade, you better study if you are ever planning to make it to any collge!" Chanyeol kept on with his typical lecture over the importance of school and education. But I already knew what was coming.

"Be careful and happy birthday." Somethings never change. Like the way he calls me on every rainy day to tell me to be careful. The only one to call me on my birthday since past 6 years. The one and only friend I have.

"Thanks." I knew, if nobody else, Chanyeol realized the meaing that went deeper than the casual "thanks". I forcefully opened my eyes and strecthed. I got up from the bed and maneuvered my way to the bathroom, hoping I don't (a. fall, (b. hit my face on the wall, or (c. both. But I was Do Kyungsoo, the unlucky guy, so I tripped over my phone charger, scraped by elbow on my desk, and hit my face on the wall. What a typical day.

I walked inside the bathroom with bruised elbow and forehead. When I walked back into my room, I had tissue rolled up my left nose to stop my nosebleed that I had some how got while taking a shower. I put on my yellow rain coat over my high school uniform that was one size too big and slung my worn out backpack on my right shoulder. I ran my hand through my tangled, wet hair that driped water onto my plastic raincoat.   

Before I left the quiet sanctuary of my house, I looked over towar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter