A Wish

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song inserted in this chap: The Love That You’ve Been Looking For by 98 Degrees (credit to owner)

 

Park Shin Hye let out a soft smile when she saw Min Ho looking around the house with curiosity and trying to remember the song that was playing now. She slowly walked down the stairs and stopped behind him. He must have hear her footsteps and turned around to look at her. His expression was surprised and his eyes were locked at her. She smiled again as she stepped closer.

“Dance with me.” Shin Hye said softly.

Min Ho inhaled a deep breath. “What are you doing? You asked me to come here just to dance with you? I thought you want to tell me more about us.”

Shin Hye took another step forward and the smile on her face makes every nerve in his body become weak. “You are so impatient.” She inched closer and closer until she was now standing right in front of him. “Dancing with me was part of our past too.”

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Lonely, that's not how we're meant to be
But looking in your eyes I see
A heart that was abandoned
by a world that used to show you love
You feel like you're the only one
Whose day begins without the sun
You're left to turn and face it all alone

Well, I know sometimes it seems as if
fate has done you wrong
But if you look inside your heart
you'll find the strength to carry on

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

Min Ho still looked hesitant, pursing his lips in contemplation, but stepped towards her. He crossed the distance and almost tenderly placed one hand around her waist and took her hand in his.

Shin Hye flashed a sweet smile on her face as her body twined to fit against his, resting her other hand on his shoulder. She straightened up and stared straight into his eyes.

Min Ho’s heart pounded erratically against his chest as they slowly started to make small moves to make each other feel comfortable with their body movement. They were dancing in sync as they both looked into each other’s eyes. It was a beautiful unspoken moment for them.

Shin Hye could feel his breath on her as he held her close to him. She felt electric shock go through her and suddenly it became hard to breathe with him holding her like that. She took a deep breath, trying hard to calm herself.

“I’m sorry about this morning.” She broke the lengthy silence with a gentle voice.

Min Ho looked down at her, waiting for her to continue.

“He was just trying to help me. He knows that I was desperate.” She paused as she bit her lip. “Desperate to make you remember about me, remember about our past.”

“By kissing you?” Min Ho’s eyes darkened recalled the image of Kim Soo Hyun kissing her forehead this morning in her apartment.

Shin Hye smiled up at him. “To be honest, I was surprised too. I didn’t thought he will go that far. He was just trying to trigger the jealousy inside of you. He didn’t mean any harm.”

Min Ho cleared his throat and looked away. “I told you I was not jealous.” He then turned back to her and glared at her when she giggled. “What is so funny?”

She looked up at him and stopped laughing. “I’m not laughing at you. I just find it funny that after what we had gone through we are still standing here, at the starting point.”

He narrowed his gaze, not understand what she was trying to say.

Shin Hye sighed deeply. “Everything started here, in this house. How we started dislikes each other and slowly get close and know more about each other.” She paused again as her lips slowly curled up into a soft smile. “And fall in love with each other.”

“I’m curious.” Min Ho asked, looking deep into her eyes. “Even though you were smiling but I always saw pain in your eyes. It must be very painful to love me.”

Shin Hye held his gaze. “It was a painful journey but if I were given a chance to choose again, I will still choose to be with you.” She said as she leaned her head against his chest.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

You've got to leave it all behind you
Break through those lonely chains that bind you
'Cause love's not far away, it's gonna find your heart someday
And when you feel it's warmth surround you
You'll realize that love has found you
So turn away your fears
'Cause the love that you've been looking for is here

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

With her head still against his chest, she could hear his rapid heartbeat, like a soft tinkling melody. They spun gracefully around the room as they were lost among the swaying bodies and in the slow rhythm of the song. Their feet followed their familiar steps as they were pressed close together.

Shin Hye slowly backed her head off his chest and looked up at him. “Let’s play a game.”

Min Ho raised his brows. “What game?” He asked.

“I’ll ask you a question and if you could answer it correctly, I will grant you one wish tonight. But if you answer it wrongly, then you will be the one who need to give me one wish.” Shin Hye said with a smile.

“Any wish? I can ask for anything?” Min Ho asked again to confirm.

Shin Hye laughed softly. “You sounded like you will surely get the answer correct.” She smiled at him. “Yes. Any wish. As long as you got it right, I will give you whatever you want.” She made a promise.

Min Ho grinned as he nodded his head. “Okay. So, what is the question?”

Shin Hye looked at him for a long moment before she asked. “What type of flora fragrance perfume that I hate the most?”

Min Ho widened his eyes. “What kind of question is that? How do I know what type of perfume you hate the most? You are playing cheat.” His lips pouted.

Shin Hye looked down and laughed. “You said the same thing the other time too.” She whispered.

“I have to answer it right away? As in now?” Min Ho asked, still unsatisfied with the question.

“No.” Shin Hye held his gaze again. “You can take your time to think about it and as long as you give me an answer before midnight, you will still get your wish if your answer is correct. If not, I’ll consider you answer wrong.”

Min Ho let out a deep sigh. “You are very tricky. I started to regret to play this game with you.”

Shin Hye just smile and didn’t say anything.

“You said dancing with you was part of our past too. What does that mean? We dance before?” Min Ho asked.

Shin Hye looked up at him and nodded her head. “Yes.” She uttered.

Min Ho pursed his lips and looked confused. “But you can’t see at that time, right. How can you watch the step and dance with me?”

She looked down at their feet as she stopped moving.

Min Ho was startled by her as he followed her gaze and looked down at their feet.

Shin Hye slowly stepped her feet onto his and then looked up at him again. “You held me like this and told me that you wouldn’t let me fall. You told me to follow your steps and let you become my guide.” She paused as she let go of his hand, circled both her arms around his neck with her feet still stepping on his, pressing herself closer to him.

Min Ho gasped with their sudden closeness as his eyes were locked into hers, unable to pull away.

“You asked me do I trust you.” She continued with a soft voice. She tightened her arms around his neck. “I trust you. I always do.”

Min Ho’s breathing became heavy as the intensity in his gaze started to rise too. He tightened his hand around her waist as his legs started to move, bringing both of them dancing to the song.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Suddenly, your broken heart begins to see
a love that lasts eternally
Just look ahead and never ever let a single tear drop from your eye
It breaks my heart to see you cry
The pain that haunts you every night
Because of all the emptiness inside
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

“Don’t be afraid. I won’t let you fall. Or even if you fall, I’ll be here to catch you. Just hold tightly onto my hand, follow my lead and you will be safe with me.”

Min Ho stopped moving suddenly and froze in place, looking at Shin Hye in shocked. The image of him and her dancing in a ballroom flashed in his mind.

Shin Hye looked up at him in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“You were wearing a red dress.” He said with a heavy breath.

Shin Hye’s lips parted in awe as she slowly stepped down from his feet. “What red dress?”

Min Ho let out in a rushed breath, his chest moving up and down noticeably. “We were dancing.” He closed his eyes and concentrate on the song that was playing in the room now. “The same song but different place.”

Shin Hye dropped her hands down and gripped on his shirt. “Y-You… you remembered?” Her eyes were reddened as she felt an overwhelming excitement shoot through her body.

Min Ho inhaled deeply as he slowly opened his eyes. “The memories just appeared like pieces of jigsaw puzzle. It comes in bits and pieces in random order. I’m not sure it was my memory or it was just a dream. But when I come into this house, a lot of broken pieces tend to return.” He looked into her eyes. “I saw the image of you and me in the garden just now. I don’t understand why I was there and what we were talking about.” He pulled away from her waist and brought his hand to his temple, massaged it softly when he felt the pain in his head again.

Shin Hye quickly stepped forward and cupped his face in her hand. “Stop thinking. Don’t force yourself.” Her heart was clenched tightly together when she saw his face twisted in pain. She tiptoed and planted a soft kiss on his cheek, trying to soothe it away. “I don’t need you to remember me if the process is so painful.” Tears started to well in her eyes. “Don’t think anymore.” She whispered.

The pain slowly disappeared as his breathing was back to normal. He sighed when he saw the tears that rolling down her cheeks. He gently wiped it with his thumb before he pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly in his embrace.

“Don’t cry. I’m okay. I don’t feel pain anymore.” He said softly, the back of her head.

Shin Hye buried her face in the crook of his neck, inhaled in his familiar scent. She closed her eyes and let her tears flow down freely. “I’m sorry.” She whispered.

 

♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

Well, I know sometimes it seems as if your heart is caving in
But if we look inside the soul we'll find the love we have within

I know sometimes when things go wrong
You search for strength carry on
But all we need to take control
Is the love within my soul
'Cause you know that love will find a way
To reach your heart again someday
You must believe it's true
Now all you have to do
♩ ♪ ♫ ♩ ♪ ♫

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

They were walking along the beach in complete silence, gentle waves lapping at their bare feet. Shin Hye decided that they go for a walk to breathe some fresh air outside.

Shin Hye hugged herself as the cool salty night breeze touched her skin.

Min Ho looked down at her and held her hand to stop her from walking. He sighed when he felt the coldness of her hand. He entwined their fingers together as he slowly looked up at her. “Cold? Do you want to go back?” He said as he pulled her closer to him.

Shin Hye let out a small smile as she shook her head. “It has been a long time since I come here. Can we stay here a little longer?”

Min Ho reached over and gently tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “Did we come here very often last time?”

Shin Hye looked down as she bit her lower lip, doesn’t know she should continue to tell him about their past. She doesn’t want to see him suffer with his headache anymore.

“Even if you don’t tell me, I will still have the pain when I recall something.” Min Ho said, assured her with a smile. “Tell me. I want to know.”

She turned to the dark sea as memories of them at this beach slowly replayed in her mind. “I like to come here whenever I feel sad and lonely. The soft breeze of the wind, the lovely sound of the waves, it makes me feel peaceful and safe. This beach was the only thing that accompanied me when I was still living in the dark.”

Min Ho’s brows creased. “Were you born blind or it happened due to some accident?” He asked carefully.

Shin Hye bit her lip again before she looked at him. “I know you are confused with a lot of things and a lot of questions were playing in your mind. Confused about how we met, who am I, our past or maybe my background. But can we just concentrate on our relationship tonight? Trust me for once and don’t ask about my past, don’t ask about how we met. Just listen to what I wanted to tell you. Can you?”

Even though he wanted to protest and say no but the begging gaze in her eyes melted his heart. He find himself unable to say no in front of her. He smiled softly as he nodded his head in defeated.

“Thank you.” She said as she smiled back at him. “My life was a tragedy before you came. I believe on what Woo Bin said when we were in the pub the other night. You felt that I was arrogant and cold and you were right. I was. I don’t trust anybody. I was living in the dark and fear. I don’t want anybody to get close to me and find out about my weaknesses.” She paused as she looked at him. “But then you came. You keep moving forward towards me when I was trying so hard to stay away from you. Whenever I push you away, you will have your way to pull me back to you.”

Shin Hye pulled her hand away from him and took a step closer to him. She leaned forward until her nose almost touches his jaw. “Even though I couldn’t see, but I can smell. Your scent was like a drug to me. I know it was not healthy but I just can’t stop myself from remembering that scent.” She sensed his body stiffened when she leaned so close to him. She can’t help but smile again. She pulled back as she moved her hand and stopped at his firm chest, feeling his steady and strong heartbeat. “And the sound of your heartbeat. Whenever you were close, I can hear your heartbeat and it makes me felt so safe and secured.” She looked up at him, gazing him deeply. “That was when I finally realized it was too late to pull myself away. I was totally sunk into your trap.”    

Min Ho held her hand that was placed on his chest and squeezed it softly. “Why did you need to force yourself to stay away from me? What was so wrong to fall in love with me?” He brought her hand to his lips and kissed her knuckles softly. “Even though I can’t remember but I know myself very well. When I want something, I won’t let it go so easily. You won’t be able to run away from me if I want you.” He said with a stern gaze.

Shin Hye smiled as she gently touched his face. “You always sounded so confident.” She traced her fingers softly along his jaw line to his cheekbone. “You looked exactly like how I imagined about you.” Her face reddened slightly before she continued. “You are so handsome.”

A soft smile lingered on Min Ho’s lips when he heard that word. “You were lucky that I looked handsome. You were so brave to fall in love with someone you never see before.” He moved his arms to her waist and brought her closer to him. “I have to admit that it was an unfair deal for you. You didn’t get to see what you have but I was aware that what I was getting. I think I understand why I keep pulling you towards me. No man will let you run away when they get to grab you this close to them.” He brushed his fingers gently along her smooth cheek. “You are so beautiful.”

Shin Hye felt herself flush from what he said and her lips parted just a little. The butterflies in her stomach went crazy with those simple words. “You are always so good in your sweet talk.”

Min Ho grinned. “Am I? As far as I remembered, I don’t sweet talk. In fact, I don’t do romance. But being with you, all those words just slipped out naturally.”

She laughed softly before she held his gaze again. “I don’t agree that it was not a fair deal. I know how you looked like even I don’t get to see you.”

He narrowed his eyes at her, doesn’t understand what she was trying to say.

“That was one time when we came here. The night right after we had our first dance at a charity ball.” She can’t help but giggled. “We were walking along the beach like now and then I asked you to describe yourself to me. But you asked me to guess.”

Min Ho smiled when he heard her giggle. She looked so breathtakingly beautiful when she laugh. He loves the sound of her laughing. It shimmered like a bell.

Shin Hye closed her eyes and slowly brought her hands up to his face. Her hand was touching his eyes softly as the memory of that night was vividly showed inside her head.

The smile on Min Ho’s face faded as he looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter