The Donor

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Min Sik leaned forward and looked deep into Lee Min Ho’s eyes. “Shin Hye is in danger. She was in danger all these while and that was why I need to keep her in the beach house away from Park Yoo Chun.” He said.

Min Ho narrowed his eyes at him. “What do you mean she was in danger? Shin Hye told me you forbidden her to stay at home with you because you hate her for causing her mother’s and her brother’s death. You want her to stay at the beach house and tortured by the memories she have with her brother there.”

Park Min Sik chuckled sadly. “She told you that?” He paused as he looked down. “Good. At least she believes it.” After a while, he looked up at Min Ho again. “I did blame her for Dae Jung’s death but not her mother. Before her mother died, she told me take good care of them but I didn’t. When I rushed to the hospital after the accident, my world almost collapsed when Dae Jung was dead. I can’t deny that I did hate Shin Hye because if she didn’t ask her brother to bring her to the beach house, the accident wouldn’t happen.”

He took a deep breath before he continued. “But after I read the investigation report from the police, I know I was wrong. It was not Shin Hye’s fault. It was mine. I was the one who caused the accident to happen. I was the one who caused my son’s death and make my own daughter become blind.”

Min Ho looked at him in confusion. “You know the car brake system was broken by someone intentionally because the police told you there was a set of unknown fingerprint found on it. And you knew it was Park Yoo Chun’s fingerprint. But I don’t understand. If you know it was him who killed your son, why didn’t you kill him or send him to the police? You even adopted him.”

Park Min Sik let out a deep sigh before he looked at Min Ho. “Because Park Yoo Chun is my illegitimate son.”

Min Ho widened his eyes in shock. “What?”

“As you already know, Han Koon was my driver. His wife was one of the maids in my house.” He inhaled deeply. “I cheat on my wife and have a secret relationship with Yoo Chun’s mother. But we ended it when she found out that she was pregnant. I didn’t know Yoo Chun was my son until one day when he was around 9 years old, he was injured and need blood transfusion. His blood type was different from Han Koon. That was when the two of us found out that Yoo Chun was my son. At that time Yoo Chun’s mother has already passed away. Han Koon was devastated by the truth and felt extremely angry. He got my hair secretly and did a DNA check on me and Yoo Chun. He took the DNA report and blackmailed me after he confirmed that Yoo Chun is my son.” He paused as he laughed softly. “I guess he didn’t know he messed with the wrong person. I’m Park Min Sik. Nobody could threaten me.” He looked at Min Ho again. “You were right. I killed him and destroyed the DNA report. But no matter what, Yoo Chun was still my son. I can’t let him stay in the orphanage house but at the same time I couldn’t tell anyone that he was my son. So I adopted him. Everything was okay at first but then, I sensed something was wrong with him. The way he looked at Shin Hye, the way he treated her, I knew he likes her.” He sighed. “At that time they were still young and I thought nothing could happen until the car accident happened.”

“That was why you never let him to touch any of your dirty works. You don’t want him to be like you. You were protecting him too.” Min Ho said.

Park Min Sik clenched his hands. “No matter what he did, he is still my son, my own flesh. After I knew about the fingerprint, I was very sure Yoo Chun already knows about Han Koon’s death has something to do with me. I didn’t check how he finds out but at that time, I know I have to do something to protect Shin Hye. I know he won’t hurt Shin Hye but because he didn’t know his own identity, I can’t let them to fall in love with each other. So I sent Shin Hye to the beach house after she became blind.”

“I brought her back home after I know she dated you and Yoo Chun doesn’t stand a chance. But now you are telling me that Han Ki Ae is his aunt. Yoo Chun doesn’t know about his true identity yet. He was used by Han Ki Ae. They will do anything to harm Shin Hye. You have to protect her.” Park Min Sik continued. “I know you really love my daughter. You have to promise me that you won’t let anything happen to her. She already suffered enough all these years. You have to save her.”

Min Ho’s face turned green. He didn’t reply him. He took a last look at Park Min Sik before he stood up and ran towards the door.              

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Shin Hye is your sister. She is your biological half-sister.” Min Ho said weakly. His blood kept seeping out from his wounds and it makes his body become weaker by the minute. He clenched his cuffed hands hard, dug his fingernails deep into his own skin to stay conscious.

Park Yoo Chun pulled his hands away from Shin Hye as he looked at Min Ho and shook his head vigorously. “You are lying!”

Min Ho smiled. “Park Min Sik was the one who told me. You are his illegitimate son. He has a secret relationship with your mother when she was a maid in his house. Even Han Koon knows about it. He even took both of your hairs and had a DNA test. He used that DNA report to blackmail Park Min Sik and that was why he was killed by him.” He stopped as he turned to Han Ki Ae. “Your brother told you everything. You knew that Park Yoo Chun is not your brother’s son. You purposely hide the truth from him and used him as a tool of revenge. You want him to kill his own father.” Min Ho shook his head softly. “You are very scary. You should go back to the mental hospital and get help.”

Shin Hye’s face become even paler. “Y-You… you are my brother.” She lifted her head up as more tears escaped her eyes. “But you killed oppa, you killed you own brother and fall in love with your own sister.” She said. She still couldn’t believe with what she just heard.

Min Ho’s chest tightened looking at her painful expression. He knows revealing the truth will definitely hurt her even more but he has no choice. He has to stop all this before it’s too late. His gaze slowly turned back to Yoo Chun. “Park Min Sik never let you to involve in his money laundering activities because he want to protect you. He didn’t want his son to touch his dirty works. He sent Shin Hye away to the beach house because he knows you like her. He was protecting you all these while. If you don’t believe me, then ask your aunt. You trusted her, right. Ask her and make her to tell you the truth.”

Yoo Chun stood up and turned to Han Ki Ae. His breathing was heavy and his heart was pounding extremely fast inside. He knows she was hiding something from him but he didn’t know it was a big secret like this. His eyes were bloody red with sadness, pain and anger.

“Gomo, is this the thing you were hiding from me all these while?” He asked. His body was trembling and he doesn’t know how long he could stand. He needs someone to tell him that Lee Min Ho was lying, tell him that everything was just a lie.

Han Ki Ae became nervous as she shook her head. “No. He was lying. He just wants to stop you from being together with Shin Hye. You are my brother’s son. Your name is Han Yoo Chun. You need to take revenge for your father. You must kill Park Min Sik, you must kill Park Shin Hye.”

Yoo Chun lunged forward and held her arms tightly. “Stop lying! Tell me the truth! Who is my father?” He shouted.

Han Ki Ae widened her eyes as she gathered all her strength and pushed Yoo Chun away from her. She laughed loudly and looked at Yoo Chun with an evil gaze. “Lee Min Ho was right. Park Min Sik is your father. You are a bastard that was born by a . That cheated on my brother and even got pregnant with Park Min Sik’s baby.” She averted her gaze as she looked aimlessly around the room. “Oppa was so good to her. How can she cheat on him? Oppa came to the hospital to look for me. He was crying. He was so sad. He showed me the DNA report and you are really not his son.” She then looked back at Yoo Chun. “I told him to use that report to blackmail and threaten Park Min Sik for money. Once we have the money, we can leave Korea and have a new life together.”

Han Ki Ae stopped as tears rolling down her cheeks and she cried loudly. “I was discharged from the hospital that day and oppa called me to go to Park Min Sik’s house to wait for him. He will be getting the money that day. I was so happy and I went to his house. I thought we finally can have a new life together. But I couldn’t find him. I secretly sneaked inside and I heard my brother’s voice in the antique room. I saw the hole in the floor and quietly came down to this underground room.” Her eyes turned bloody red as she glared at Yoo Chun. “I saw it myself. He killed my brother here. He killed him here!!!” She shouted. “That bastard even dares to adopt you as his son after that.” She averted her gaze again as she smiled insanely. “Okay. If he doesn’t want anybody to know about you, then just let the mistake to continue. Let me continue to keep you in the dark and slowly guide you to kill all of them.”

Yoo Chun shook his head in disbelief as he stepped backward until his back slammed against the wall. Tears were already covered his face. “How can you do this to me? You told me to break the car’s brake system to kill my own father. But then it turns out to be Dae Jung and Shin Hye who was in the car. I indirectly killed my brother and make Shin Hye blind.” He bit his lip as he slowly turned to Shin Hye who was crying, sitting on the chair. His heart was so pain that he couldn’t even describe that feeling inside of him. “You know that I love her but you didn’t stop me by telling me the truth. You make me blindly fall in love with my own sister.” He closed his eyes as he slowly dropped down to his knees. He laughed loudly but everyone in the room could hear the pain in his voice. “The woman I love all these years, the woman that I’m willing to give up everything just to be with her, the woman that gives me the strength to continue with this cruel life… she is my sister. I fall in love with my own sister.”

Shin Hye bit her lower lip as she cried painfully. “Oppa…”

Yoo Chun looked up at her. “Should I be happy that you never love me before? But why is my heart still hurt so badly that you don’t love me even after I know you are my sister?”

“Oppa…” Shin Hye sobbed. “I’m sorry… I’m very sorry.”

“Park Yoo Chun. Now that you already know the truth, you have to save your sister. You have to stop this crazy woman to hurt the woman that you love. You have to stop her.” Min Ho said.

Han Ki Ae glared at Min Ho before she looked back at Yoo Chun. “You would not be able to stop me. Even if I have to die today, I will not let all of you go.” She turned to Shin Hye and lifted her hand up, pointing the gun at Shin Hye.

Min Ho was stunned as he quickly gathered all the strength that remained in him and pulled himself up, jumped forward to where Shin Hye was sitting and shielded her with his own body. Both of them fell down on the floor with Min Ho on top of Shin Hye.

“Ahhh!!!” Shin Hye screamed when a loud gunshot filled the room. She felt warm and something wet with strong blood scent covered her face when she landed on the floor. She slowly brought her shaking hand that was still tied up to touch the person that was still laying on top of her. She felt something cold touching her neck and when she touched it, her eyes widened. It was the whistle pendant Min Ho was wearing. It was him that was hovering on top of her now. It was his blood that was covering her face. He got shot again.

“Oppa!! Oppa!! Answer me. Wake up! Oppa!!” She screamed as she kept shaking him. He wasn’t replying her and he was not even moving. Her hand reached the back of his head and she instantly froze in place. His head was bleeding. He got shot on his head.

“Oppa!!!!!!” She cried out loud. Not long after that, another gunshot was heard again before something hard hit her head and she passed out.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

The room was silence when Shin Hye awoke from a long sleep. The world around her, even though she couldn’t see it, felt like it was spinning. She slowly brought her hand to her eyes and found it wrapped with bandage covering around her head. She bit her lower lip trying to adjust herself with the uncomfortable feeling in her head.

After a while, she was slowly brought back to her senses when memories of what happened creeping into her mind. She was captured by Han Ki Ae. She hid her in the underground room and then Min Ho came to save her. Yoo Chun came not long after. Min Ho revealed the truth about Yoo Chun’s real identity.

Shin Hye moaned when she felt her head clenched and thumping painfully. She took a deep breath and tried hard to calm herself down. But then, the silence of the room frightened her. She gasped in fear as her hands were trying to touch her surroundings. She found herself in a bed, it was small and unfamiliar. She moaned in pain as she tried to sit up. Her heartbeat raced and she was panting hard for air.

Shin Hye tilted her head when she heard someone opened the door and footsteps walking towards her. She clenched tightly onto the blanket as she straightened herself up, trying to figure who was the person that came into the room.

“Ahhh… don’t touch me.” She screamed when she felt a pair of hand touched her skin.

“Shin Hye, calm down. It’s me.”

 She let out a gasp as she lifted her head up when she heard the familiar voice. Her hands were shaking or to be exact, her whole body was trembling. She swallowed hard, tilted her head to the side, trying to catch the sound around her.

“Shin Hye, don’t worry. It’s me. You are save now, you are fine.”   

She slowly brought her shaking hand up to reach the person who was standing beside her. “Soo Hyun oppa. Where am I?” She asked with a quavered voice.

Kim Soo Hyun sighed as he held tightly onto her hand. “You are in the hospital.”

“Hospital?” She asked as she tried to recall again what happened before she passed out but her head was playing trick with her. Whenever she tried to think, the pain was killing her. She then touched her eyes again before facing to the voice beside her. “What happened to my eyes? Why is it covered with bandage?” She asked nervously.

Kim Soo Hyun leaned down and held onto her arms. He let out another sigh before looking at her. “Shin Hye, listen to me. You have to calm down and control your emotion. If you keep moving and stay uncontrolled, it will be very bad for your eyes. You have to control yourself not to cry and let your eyes rest.”

Shin Hye gasped again. “I don’t understand. What happened to my eyes again? What else can worsen it anymore? I was already blind 9 years ago.” She asked in confusion.

“It’s different now.” Kim Soo Hyun inhaled deeply before he continued. “You just had a corneal transplant surgery yesterday. You have to stay calm and take care of your eyes before it fully recovered.”

Shin Hye froze at what she just heard. Her body was trembling even more now as she lifted her head up at Kim Soo Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter