The Final Secret

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh as his finger kept pressing the redial button after he came out from the prison. His breathing was still ragged and his heart was still pounding tremendously fast after what Park Min Sik had told him just now. The truth that was revealed hit him like a thunder strike. He wasn’t sure he should tell Shin Hye about it or not but one thing Park Min Sik was right. He needs to bring Shin Hye out of that house as soon as possible. She is in a great danger.

He has been calling her for the past 20 minutes but she didn’t answer her call. He got anxious. He scrolled down his contact and stopped at Ha Neul’s number.

Ha Neul: Yoboseyo.

“Ha Neul, it’s me. Where are you? Do you know where is Shin Hye? She didn’t pick up my call. I have been calling her since 20 minutes ago.” He asked nervously.

Ha Neul: Eo? I’m not at her house now. This morning Han seonsaeng asked me to go to the beach house to get something for her. She said she left a book here and she needs it urgently. I’m on my way back to the house now. What happened?

Min Ho’s faced hardened as his jaw clenched. “Was Shin Hye at home this morning before you go out?”

Ha Neul: Yes. She was still in her room when I inform her that I need to go to the beach house. She was alright.

“When was the last time you saw her?” Min Ho asked.

Ha Neul: Around 10am.

“How about Han Ki Ae? Was she at home with her?” Min Ho asked again.

Ha Neul: Yes. She was at home too.

“Damn it.” Min Ho cursed. “I suspect something happened to Shin Hye. She won’t ignore my calls if she is okay. I’m on my way to her house now.”

Ha Neul: Okay. I’ll see you there.

Min Ho ended the call and quickly ran towards the parking lot to take his car.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“What are you doing here, Lee Min Ho-sshi?” Han Ki Ae smiled at him with her hands crossed. “As far as I concern, we have nothing to do with you anymore. Is there anyone in this house broke the law again and need you to come here to arrest?” She continued sarcastically.

Min Ho ignored her question and asked her coldly. “I’m here to look for Shin Hye. Where is she?”

Han Ki Ae laughed softly. “I don’t think she want to see you. If I remember correctly, she already broke up with you.”

Min Ho exhaled sharply, trying very hard to control his temper before he lunged forward and strangle her neck right here and now.

“I ask you where is Shin Hye?” He asked again with a stern voice, glaring at her.

The smile on Han Ki Ae’s face faded as she looked deep into his eyes. “I don’t know. I was in my room the whole morning. She has legs. She can go anywhere she wants.”

Min Ho couldn’t hold it anymore. He stepped forwards and pushed her away from blocking the door. Without bothering the maids and bodyguards chasing after him, he quickly rushed up the stairs and ran towards Shin Hye’s room. Her room was not lock and nobody was inside the room. Her phone that was laying on the bedside table caught his attention. He took the phone up and there were tons of missed calls. All the calls were from him.

He scanned around her room and he saw the white cane on her dressing table. It wasn’t possible for her to go out without bringing her white cane. He turned to Han Ki Ae who was looking at him at the doorway.

“Where is she?” Min Ho raised his voice, clenching his palms into fist.

Han Ki Ae smirked at him. “Do you know I can call the police when you broke into the house like this without permission? You don’t have any warrant to search around the house. Please leave before I make the call.”

Min Ho walked forward and stopped right in front of her. He pulled the side of his jacket and showed Han Ki Ae the gun that was hanging on his waistband. “I’m a police in case you forgot. I suspect Park Shin Hye was missing and something happened to her in this house. I need to check around the house to look for her. You better be cooperative or I’m going to drag you back to the police station and question you the whole night.” He took another step forward as his gaze daggered at her. “You better pray I found her in a good shape. Or else I’m going to make your life even more miserable than the one you had during your childhood.”

Han Ki Ae looked at him with a stunned expression. Her eyes were reddened in anger. “What do you know about my childhood?” She asked through gritted teeth.

It was Min Ho’s turn to smile. “Enough to know what you did and planned behind. If I could put Park Min Sik behind the bars, I won’t let you and Park Yoo Chun off too.” He warned her before he walked passed her forcefully.

 

Min Ho was running in the garden, searching anxiously at every single corner outside the house. Just when he was about to go into the house to search for another round, Ha Neul came back and ran towards him.

“Hyung! What happened? Why are all the bodyguards in the house were standing outside?” Ha Neul asked, looking panic.

Min Ho held the younger man’s arms. “Bring me to the security room. They don’t allow me to go in. I need to check the CCTV.” He inhaled sharply. “Shin Hye was missing. Nobody in the house saw her going out but I search every single place inside and outside the house and she was nowhere to be seen. Her phone and white cane was still in her room. I don’t think she will go out alone without you and the driver.”

Ha Neul gasped in shock. He nodded his head. “Okay. Let’s go and check the CCTV.”

 

“What are you doing in my house?”

Min Ho and Ha Neul turned around at the same time when they heard Park Yoo Chun’s voice behind them. He was standing at the doorway, looking at Min Ho.

“Even though you are a police, I believe you still have to obey the law. This is a private place which you need to get permission before you come in.” Yoo Chun said sternly as his eyes averted to Ha Neul. “Ha Neul-sshi. Do you know what are you doing? You do not have the authority to show the CCTV to whoever you want.”

“But…”

“I’m here to look for Shin Hye.” Min Ho cut Ha Neul off as his eyes looked deep in to Yoo Chun’s. “She is missing.”

There was a shock expression crossed Yoo Chun’s face as his eyes turned worried. “What do you mean of Shin Hye is missing. She was still in the house when I went off this morning.”

Min Ho chuckled. “Maybe you would like to ask your aunt about that.”

Yoo Chun’s eyes widened. He didn’t know that Min Ho already found out about his relationship with Han Ki Ae.

“I think you don’t need me to explain to you what is going on here. You know it very clearly what is happening. I don’t care what kind of revenge the two of you were planning behind. I just want Shin Hye back.” Min Ho said firmly.

Yoo Chun’s eyes darkened when he heard the last word from Min Ho. “Shin Hye doesn’t belong to you. She already broke up with you. It’s none of your business whether she in this house or not. We do not need to explain to you where she has gone.” He walked into the room and stop right in front of Min Ho. “Please leave now before I made a complaint to your superior.”

Min Ho clenched his jaw as he took a step forward. “You already took her precious brother away from her and make her blind. What else do you still want to take away from her? Her life?”

Yoo Chun’s face turned green and looked shocked. “I don’t understand what you are talking about.”

Min Ho pursed his lips as he inhaled a deep breath. He stepped closer and daggered into his eyes. “I’m not going to let two of you go if anything happened to Shin Hye.”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Where is she?”

Han Ki Ae who was sitting in front of her dressing table, turned to the door when she heard Yoo Chun’s voice. She stood up and smiled at him.

“Somewhere safe.” She answered.

Yoo Chun lunged forward and held her arms tightly. “What are you doing? Let her go. How many times I have to tell you she has nothing to do with my father’s death. She is innocent. I already followed everything you want me to do. Park Min Sik was already in the jail. He already paid for what he has done.”

Han Ki Ae yanked his hands away as she glared at Yoo Chun. Her expression was full of hatred. “Do you think so? He killed my brother. I saw it. Park Min Sik covered his mouth and nose with a handkerchief until he ran out of breath and died in front of him. Do you think by imprison him in the jail for 10 years was enough to pay for everything he has done? NO! He needs to go through all the pain he caused to all the people.” She yelled.

“Gomo, he wouldn’t feel a thing even if anything happen to Shin Hye. You saw it yourself how he treated her in the past. He doesn’t care for her at all. I begged you. Please let Shin Hye go. Tell me where did you hide her.” Yoo Chun pleads.

Han Ki Ae laughed loudly, looking at him. “Do you think she will love you after everything you have done to her? Stop dreaming idiot. There is only Lee Min Ho she has in her heart. She doesn’t love you at all. She never loves you before. She only treats you as…”

“She will.” Yoo Chun cut her off. “As long as I keep trying, she will love me back one day. I’m always inside her heart. She was just confused and haven’t realize about it yet.”

“Stop dreaming! If she really loves you, she wouldn’t trap you and passed your fingerprint to Lee Min Ho.” Han Ki Ae said.

Yoo Chun widened his eyes in shock. “What are you talking about? What fingerprint?”

“The hot chocolate you make for her last night. She purposely asked you to make it for her so she can take the glass with your fingerprint and passed it to Lee Min Ho. They were investigating you. She already knows that it was you who caused the accident to happen 9 years ago.” Han Ki Ae walked to her dressing table and opened the drawer. She took a stack of photos out and threw it to Yoo Chun.

He looked down at the photos that were now laying on the floor. His jaw clenched and his palms balled into fist looking at those photos of Shin Hye and Min Ho at the beach, hugging tightly together. His breathing became heavy and his body was even trembling. The blood inside him was boiling in anger.

“She was with him at the beach house that night when you were calling and looking for her like crazy. They were later gone back to Lee Min Ho’s apartment and she stayed inside there for a long time.” Han Ki Ae said as she walked closer to Yoo Chun.

“Can you see how intimate they were in the photos? Do you understand now? Even Lee Min Ho lied to her and sent her father into the jail, she still forgive him and continue to love him. But how about you? She sent your fingerprint to him so that he can get the evidence of you killing her brother. She will not forgive you. She will not love you. She will not…”

“STOP!” Yoo Chun shouted, cutting her off. “She won’t do this to me. I know her since I was just a kid. She was like an angel to me. She won’t do anything to harm me. She won’t!” Yoo Chun was totally in denial and couldn’t believe anything his aunt just said. He looked back at Han Ki Ae with his eyes reddened in sadness. “I need to see her. Let me see her. I need her to tell me everything you said is not true.”

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Shin Hye slowly came back to her senses what felt like hours later, only to realize that she was no longer in her room. She tried to move herself but found out that both her wrists were tied together as well as her legs. She was seated on a chair and the place was cold. She have no idea where was this place.

Memories of what happened this morning started to replay back in her mind. She was in her room waiting for Min Ho to call her about the fingerprint result. And then, Han Ki Ae came in and brought her a bowl of porridge. After she finished the porridge, she couldn’t remember anything else. Her eyes slightly widened. She understands now. Han Ki Ae must have put something into her porridge.

She tried to get up of the chair but her body was still very weak. She still feels dizzy and her whole body was jellied. She inhaled deeply, trying to smell the scent and guess where is the place she was being kept. The surrounding was deafening silence and the coldness in the room sent shivers through her body.

Shin Hye brought her tied hands to her chest and she let out a sigh of relief when she felt the whistle necklace was still there. She slowly took the pendant out from her shirt and grasped tightly in her palm. “Oppa. I know you will find me.” She brought it to her lips but before she could blow it, she heard a loud sound coming not far away from her. It sounded like a brick door was open.

She quickly put the pendant back under her shirt and straightened herself up. Her heart was pounding hard and fast against her chest. She tilted her head to the side, trying to catch the sounds that were coming nearer to her. It was footsteps sounds. It was definitely more than a person. She gasped loudly when she felt a pair of hands holding her arms.

“Shin Hye, are you okay?”

It was Yoo Chun. Shin Hye pursed her lips as she tried to struggle free from his grip. “Don’t touch me.” She said coldly. “What are you trying to do to me? Where is this place? Why are you hiding me here?”

Yoo Chun tightened his grip on her arms, holding her firmly in place. “Shin Hye, calm down. We are not going to do anything to you.”

“Stop lying. I know everything. You were the one who killed oppa. You were the one who make me blind.” Shin Hye shouted as tears started to pool in her eyes. “You were the one who broke the brake system. Oppa tried to save me and turned the car to his side. The whole car was crashed to the hillside and oppa died instantly. He is my oppa, your hyung. He treated you like his own brother. How can you do this to him? How can you do this to us?”

Yoo Chun shook his head violently. “No, it was not like that. Shin Hye, listen to me. I wouldn’t do that to you and Dae Jung. I thought your father was the one who is going to use the car that day. I didn’t know you and Dae Jung will go to the beach house with that car. I swear! You know I love you very much. I will not do anything to hurt you.”

“I don’t want to listen. You were lying. Everything you said was all lies. You already hurt me by killing oppa. Do you know how I live all these years? I lived in dark, in fear and in guilt. Everything in my world was dark and black. Do you know how scared am I when I couldn’t see a single thing around me? All these while I thought I was the one who caused my brother’s death. If I didn’t ask him to bring me to the beach house, we wouldn’t have met with the accident and he wouldn’t have died. But it was not an accident. It was you! Do you know how much pain you have brought to me?” Shin Hye cried as she tried to inhale some air into her lungs. “How can you still dare to say that you won’t do anything to hurt me? You were hurting me all these while.”

Yoo Chun’s tears were already rolling down his face. “I’m sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I was afraid that you will leave me if you find out the truth. I never meant to lie to you.” He paused as he pulled her and hugged her tightly in his arms, ignoring her struggles. “I really love you very much. Please don’t hate me. Please don’t leave me.” He begged.

“Let go of me! I don’t love you. I don’t love you at all. I never had. Now th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter